User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 8)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 2 reviews 288 medications

2.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Summary of Gabapentin reviews 1334 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Anxiety: "I found a huge difference just from day 1. I have noticed a huge difference in my depression. I had gained a lot of weight though I don't know if that's from getting clean or not. It really does help though."

Lesa1983 November 30, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I've been taking this med for 3 months for severe anxiety. Every night I have a complete mental breakdown for at least the past 2 months while trying to go to sleep. I've slightly lost feeling in parts of my face, my speech is slurred , and I can't think. Before taking this medication I lived a very active lifestyle and now I have no motivation to do anything. I don't even leave my house unless I have to. To top that all off I'm severely depressed . Don't take this medication for anxiety."

Fuck no (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2016

40 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed this for Anxiety never should have had such strong medication for that as it controls seizures and brain injurys. My physical health& nerves were fine before this. Nuerontin destroyed the nerves in my hands& feet& gave me Peripheral& Axonal Neuropathy. Ironically its used to treat these nerve conditions but because my nerves were fine before taking it,It did the opposite and destroyed the nerves in my hands& feet destroying my life. Have been disabled 8 yrs for trusting my Dr and the damage is irreversable. Drs shouldn't use patientz as guinea pigs and pharmaceutical companies should not e allowed to give medication not intended for medical conditions.I have lost 8 yrs of my life due to this medication and am not diabetic."

Anonymous November 24, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "After surgical menopause a year ago, I had the hot flashes from hell, at least every 20-30 minutes plus night sweats and no sleep because of night sweats so I started taking estradiol and that eliminated all of it but I was getting really bad headaches and I gained some lbs so I stopped that and read up on other medications that could reduce or eliminate hot flashes and came upon gabapentin. It helps a lot, I still get hot flashes but only a couple times a day and no more night sweats. The only thing is I'm afraid of weight gain but sometimes you have to take the lesser of the to evils. I take 200mg. at night and that seems to do the job. Love it!"

tcakml86! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 23, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I have been taking gabapentin and was initially very skeptical when my M.D. prescribed it. I had already tried so many drugs and was admittedly very pessimistic. I was incredibly surprised after taking it for two months that I had way less pain, pressure, rear eye pain and auras. I had thought it was just coincidental, but when stopping the medication - the headache with all its fury, came creeping back. I have since tried stopping the medication during the day and now just take it at night (300 mgs) and though I have auras once in awhile and stingy eyes, they are super more tolerable compared to my sad life prior. I totally recommend migraine suffers out there, to give this a try. It takes awhile, but stick with it and adjust accordingly!!"

D2thee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Babygirl, im with ya! Im in extreme pain every minute of everyday! My young son doesnt deserve this either! I am on 900 mg gabapentin 3 times a day as well as 25mg vicodin. These help but pain is always there. Today the gabapentin is not working at all and the vicodin only takes the edge off! I feel for anybody that lives with pain day to day. Whats the answer? Im still searching! Dont give up. This can be overcome. I dont know your condition but if you need to talk let me know!!"

Kerryus (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 22, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "This really did nothing for me at all not like I hoped that it would cause I was really hoping that it would work for me but nope not at all and i was on the highest quality that ya could be on and like i mean that and its not a joke and that really kind of sucked but hey if anyone knows about something that does work please let me know cause I really need it cause I need something for this crazy freaking pain im dealing with everyday of my life but yea please let me know ASAP cause I can't take this anymore and am so sick of living like this cause it's just not fair to my girl's or to me cause it's just so hard to do anything when all you feel is pain you know and it really sucks and is not a life to have..."

BabyGirl92180 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 20, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Im a 53 yr old PunkRocker. I drank for Forty Years and have been Sober 7 months, I take Gabapentin 300mg. 3x a day and I no longer have alcohol cravings with the help of this medicine and staying positive. Good Luck Everyone.Peace."

PunkerJoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just found this site. Was prescribed Gabapentin 3 yrs. ago for neck pain. Made me too groggy & sleepy so didn't take the 1200 mgs daily as prescribed. I stopped using it. It was also to help neuropathy. Drs. never mentioned it would ease anxiety or withdrawals from alcohol. As a binge drinker 25 yrs. I'm willing to try it again to stop alcohol cravings. BUT have read withdrawals from gabbys are severe, as bad as withdrawals from 1) alcohol & 2) opiates. Anyone off gabbys & if so how bad was it? Am not going to start them until I hear pros and cons of stopping them. Only took sporadically. None in 2016. Am 57 yr. old female have a prescription. Thanks."

thegardengal (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 16, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "Horrible, extremely tired, felt so sick, dizzy, itchy. Almost every side effect. Did help some with chronic migraines but unable to continue taking this."

Mel70 November 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "It's better in a smaller dose for me for my back painas bigger doses almost makes me feel drunk"

Tif1976 November 14, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I found this medication to come in handy for setbacks (hyperacusis ( health condition characterized by an increased sensitivity to certain frequency and volume ranges of sound ) with pain). Seems to help some with burning pain and I feel it may have reduced duration of my setbacks. It is not a miracle drug but I'm glad I have it as an option."

Aspenlake (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "I just started taking Gabapentin, I only took one 100 mg and I feel spacey and dizzy. Is this normal?"

Raider4ritz November 12, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "Pretty much saved my life. 13 years ago fibromyalgia symptoms (severe pain especially legs and shoulders), started. My father was taking high doses of gabapentin for chronic guillaune barre. He urged me to try it--and it was the first real sleep I had in months! My rheumatologist had me on 1600mg. 3x, gradually lowered to 1600 mg. 2x. Studies at Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins show very few (and very mild) side effects, even at high doses. The only problem I have is if I forget to take them. Then I get flu like symptoms. I was able to continue my career (elementary school teacher) with no problems. Retired this year age 66 and very active. BTW my memory seems better than most friends my age."

Annabqnm (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "Suffering from chronic migraine vertigo or silent migraine so poorly was getting 3/5 attacks per day loss of balance vertigo dizziness spaced out visual disturbances. Saw my opticans several.times.as it felt.like my eyes were strange always feeling off balance.ended in a/e saw my neurologist who confirmed it was migraine vertigo and out me on 300mg at night time.and gradually.increased.this dosage to 1800mg (600 mg 3 times a day felt.dizzy spaces out confused lasted 5 months and neurologist advised me to wean off the drug the gabapentin did help at my well beginning it never went away my gp.has prescribed propropanol not started yet , side effects effect of gabapentin dizzy off bal.pain in head tired do confused memory avoid"

Tracytwin 1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I've used a numerous of medicines over 25 yrs. Gabapentin helps but not the best. THE type of my insomnia is rare. Only 1 in 100 thousand have the type that I have. Been to sleep studies, programs, special diets and alot of therapy including psycho therapy. The sleep specialistat the university said there is no cure and best to fall asleep when possible. BUT that's very hard when trying to hold down a job and maintaining my family. Since, well in certain states, including mine- medicinal Marijuana is legal.... I smoke Indica strains and if still having problems, I take a 1mg Klonopin or Xanax and lights out! It's Nighty Night instead of Wakey Wake! Now it's trying to go pass out before I eat all my munchies for work."

Wakey wake (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on and off gabapentin and after 15 months off being back on 300 mg once at night has worked great. it is nice seeing others who agree"

AttackKat November 9, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Migraine: "I have had migraines since I was about 12 years old. Tried EVERYTHING, Celexa Topamax, Amitryptaline etc. Side effects of those drugs for me where too heavy, memory loss etc. Sumatriptan is magical at relieving symptoms most of the time! It is not good for you to take everyday, which is alot of my problem. Been out of work for over two months with 20+ migraines a month. Neuro put me on gabapentin 3x a day and has helped dramatically, frequency is down a bit. Going to start botox in a month :) PS: I highly recommend Compazine for nausea, it also helps with the pain!"

Jordan912 November 8, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia,chronic fatigue syndrome for 30 yrs, I have like most tried every drug under the sun and non have really worked even at very high doses pain meds do nothing for my pain. I decided to try gabapentin because I read it would help with the insomnia and hopefully stop some of the pain. I stopped all pain meds and started at 100 mg at night, yes I have slept, yes it has relived some of the pain, yes I am like a zombie during the day, no I will not continue it. But I feel it is worth a shot for everyone with FMS or CFS as I see it has helped many."

pangea November 8, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Originally prescribed this for post herpetic neuralgia. What I'd found out (personally) is that it's a huge blessing for my anxiety &a panic attacks as well as my depression (I think it's bi-polar but I haven't revealed my symptoms to my psych doc yet). I have issues right now with my short term memory and there will be times when I forget to take it and my brain reminds me! Within 20 minutes or less of taking it I am human again. It's a blessing! I need to tell my psychiatrist about this! I have an entirely blessed life because of this med."

Poshfullyjacki November 7, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "My 81 year old mom w/dementia got Shingles on rt head/ then Postherpetic Neuralgia. Dr. started her on 100 mg Gabapentin, told to titrate up to 300 mg. Taught mom Lamaze breathing which reduced the pain duration from 60 min episodes down to 5-7 min.& reduced pain from Level 9 to 6/7. I showed Dr a video of mom during Level 9 - I said"Dr. you keep calling it Shingles. I call it Postherpetic Neuralgia!" Dr then said, "I am calling it PHN. Titrate her to 3,600 mg!" Mom is now taking 1200 mg 3 x a day + 3000 mg ExStrength Tylenol. It took10 days to conquer side effects (dry mouth, scratchy eye, constipation, blurry vision, stability, confusion) Bedwetting began at week 4 but is getting better Pain is now 3-5. Now in 5th week of Gabapentin"

Jmomma - Juju (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "I've been taking Gabapentin for hot flushes brought on by an anti-hormone aromatase inhibitor pill called Femara. The therapeutic does is 300 mg three times a day. It's working like a charm."

Jmdmidmi November 6, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Very little relief and side effects out way benefits. I was on it for chronic pain "

Sampson01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Gabapentin for about 8 months and I don't feel any benefit from it. My doctor increased my dosage about 2 months ago and still I find no help in this drug for me. I am not saying that this drug doesn't work for others, but for me it is a waste. My friend takes this drug and it works great for her. I must be medication resistant. What bothers me is that my doctor continues to tell me to stay on it and I want to gradually wean off it. My doctor doesn't hear me. So I will find another doctor who will. As far as a pain reliever, this drug does not even cover my restless leg syndrome. Strange."

lovenature (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Good drug but watch out for withdrawal.4 days in bed awful. Talk to your doc to get low doses to taper off. This is an unpredictable drug I swear DO Not RUN OUT or you're introuble and get magnesium (nothing relaces this drug...nothing) god luck"

Legs o kicko November 5, 2016