User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 13)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Cough 3 reviews 796 medications

2.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 53 medications

Summary of Gabapentin reviews 1452 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Im a 53 yr old PunkRocker. I drank for Forty Years and have been Sober 7 months, I take Gabapentin 300mg. 3x a day and I no longer have alcohol cravings with the help of this medicine and staying positive. Good Luck Everyone.Peace."

PunkerJoe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Just found this site. Was prescribed Gabapentin 3 yrs. ago for neck pain. Made me too groggy & sleepy so didn't take the 1200 mgs daily as prescribed. I stopped using it. It was also to help neuropathy. Drs. never mentioned it would ease anxiety or withdrawals from alcohol. As a binge drinker 25 yrs. I'm willing to try it again to stop alcohol cravings. BUT have read withdrawals from gabbys are severe, as bad as withdrawals from 1) alcohol & 2) opiates. Anyone off gabbys & if so how bad was it? Am not going to start them until I hear pros and cons of stopping them. Only took sporadically. None in 2016. Am 57 yr. old female have a prescription. Thanks."

thegardengal (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Horrible, extremely tired, felt so sick, dizzy, itchy. Almost every side effect. Did help some with chronic migraines but unable to continue taking this."

Mel70 November 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "It's better in a smaller dose for me for my back painas bigger doses almost makes me feel drunk"

Tif1976 November 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I found this medication to come in handy for setbacks (hyperacusis ( health condition characterized by an increased sensitivity to certain frequency and volume ranges of sound ) with pain). Seems to help some with burning pain and I feel it may have reduced duration of my setbacks. It is not a miracle drug but I'm glad I have it as an option."

Aspenlake (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "I just started taking Gabapentin, I only took one 100 mg and I feel spacey and dizzy. Is this normal?"

Raider4ritz November 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "Pretty much saved my life. 13 years ago fibromyalgia symptoms (severe pain especially legs and shoulders), started. My father was taking high doses of gabapentin for chronic guillaune barre. He urged me to try it--and it was the first real sleep I had in months! My rheumatologist had me on 1600mg. 3x, gradually lowered to 1600 mg. 2x. Studies at Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins show very few (and very mild) side effects, even at high doses. The only problem I have is if I forget to take them. Then I get flu like symptoms. I was able to continue my career (elementary school teacher) with no problems. Retired this year age 66 and very active. BTW my memory seems better than most friends my age."

Annabqnm (taken for 10 years or more) November 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "Suffering from chronic migraine vertigo or silent migraine so poorly was getting 3/5 attacks per day loss of balance vertigo dizziness spaced out visual disturbances. Saw my opticans several.times.as it felt.like my eyes were strange always feeling off balance.ended in a/e saw my neurologist who confirmed it was migraine vertigo and out me on 300mg at night time.and gradually.increased.this dosage to 1800mg (600 mg 3 times a day felt.dizzy spaces out confused lasted 5 months and neurologist advised me to wean off the drug the gabapentin did help at my well beginning it never went away my gp.has prescribed propropanol not started yet , side effects effect of gabapentin dizzy off bal.pain in head tired do confused memory avoid"

Tracytwin 1973 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've used a numerous of medicines over 25 yrs. Gabapentin helps but not the best. THE type of my insomnia is rare. Only 1 in 100 thousand have the type that I have. Been to sleep studies, programs, special diets and alot of therapy including psycho therapy. The sleep specialistat the university said there is no cure and best to fall asleep when possible. BUT that's very hard when trying to hold down a job and maintaining my family. Since, well in certain states, including mine- medicinal Marijuana is legal.... I smoke Indica strains and if still having problems, I take a 1mg Klonopin or Xanax and lights out! It's Nighty Night instead of Wakey Wake! Now it's trying to go pass out before I eat all my munchies for work."

Wakey wake (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I have been on and off gabapentin and after 15 months off being back on 300 mg once at night has worked great. it is nice seeing others who agree"

AttackKat November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "I have had migraines since I was about 12 years old. Tried EVERYTHING, Celexa Topamax, Amitryptaline etc. Side effects of those drugs for me where too heavy, memory loss etc. Sumatriptan is magical at relieving symptoms most of the time! It is not good for you to take everyday, which is alot of my problem. Been out of work for over two months with 20+ migraines a month. Neuro put me on gabapentin 3x a day and has helped dramatically, frequency is down a bit. Going to start botox in a month :) PS: I highly recommend Compazine for nausea, it also helps with the pain!"

Jordan912 November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I have fibromyalgia,chronic fatigue syndrome for 30 yrs, I have like most tried every drug under the sun and non have really worked even at very high doses pain meds do nothing for my pain. I decided to try gabapentin because I read it would help with the insomnia and hopefully stop some of the pain. I stopped all pain meds and started at 100 mg at night, yes I have slept, yes it has relived some of the pain, yes I am like a zombie during the day, no I will not continue it. But I feel it is worth a shot for everyone with FMS or CFS as I see it has helped many."

pangea November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Originally prescribed this for post herpetic neuralgia. What I'd found out (personally) is that it's a huge blessing for my anxiety &a panic attacks as well as my depression (I think it's bi-polar but I haven't revealed my symptoms to my psych doc yet). I have issues right now with my short term memory and there will be times when I forget to take it and my brain reminds me! Within 20 minutes or less of taking it I am human again. It's a blessing! I need to tell my psychiatrist about this! I have an entirely blessed life because of this med."

Poshfullyjacki November 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "My 81 year old mom w/dementia got Shingles on rt head/ then Postherpetic Neuralgia. Dr. started her on 100 mg Gabapentin, told to titrate up to 300 mg. Taught mom Lamaze breathing which reduced the pain duration from 60 min episodes down to 5-7 min.& reduced pain from Level 9 to 6/7. I showed Dr a video of mom during Level 9 - I said"Dr. you keep calling it Shingles. I call it Postherpetic Neuralgia!" Dr then said, "I am calling it PHN. Titrate her to 3,600 mg!" Mom is now taking 1200 mg 3 x a day + 3000 mg ExStrength Tylenol. It took10 days to conquer side effects (dry mouth, scratchy eye, constipation, blurry vision, stability, confusion) Bedwetting began at week 4 but is getting better Pain is now 3-5. Now in 5th week of Gabapentin"

Jmomma - Juju (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I've been taking Gabapentin for hot flushes brought on by an anti-hormone aromatase inhibitor pill called Femara. The therapeutic does is 300 mg three times a day. It's working like a charm."

Jmdmidmi November 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Very little relief and side effects out way benefits. I was on it for chronic pain "

Sampson01 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I have been taking Gabapentin for about 8 months and I don't feel any benefit from it. My doctor increased my dosage about 2 months ago and still I find no help in this drug for me. I am not saying that this drug doesn't work for others, but for me it is a waste. My friend takes this drug and it works great for her. I must be medication resistant. What bothers me is that my doctor continues to tell me to stay on it and I want to gradually wean off it. My doctor doesn't hear me. So I will find another doctor who will. As far as a pain reliever, this drug does not even cover my restless leg syndrome. Strange."

lovenature (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Good drug but watch out for withdrawal.4 days in bed awful. Talk to your doc to get low doses to taper off. This is an unpredictable drug I swear DO Not RUN OUT or you're introuble and get magnesium (nothing relaces this drug...nothing) god luck"

Legs o kicko November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am Rxed this 6/day for neuropathy but on the side for anxiety too. In my opinion, if you have panic attacks, just stick to a benzodiazepine as if you're not taking long term, it's not bad. If you find Gabapentin to work, then take that but usually Gabapentin is given as a regimen for generalized anxiety. I've never had luck with Gabapentin but I would prefer someone take that for chronic anxiety than a benzo. However, don't let the med fool you... It can be a nightmare to get off of this med. Sometimes just as hard as benzo's. If you take this daily to prevent panic attacks but don't have panic attacks daily, I advise against this med. It's easy to build a tolerance too and constantly have to raise the dose. Not too effective."

KyleFontenot (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: "I've got Lupus and RSD from a recent total knee replacement surgery. It's only been 8 weeks that I've been on it. I started out on 200mg 2x a day, then to 300mg 3x a day, then to 600mg 3 times a day and now 900mg 3x a day. Still waiting on some relief. Every week they keep raising it. Before I had the RSD it worked fine now it seems like I have to go higher. How much is to much??"

Asphalt Cowgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have a mild case of neuropathy. My symptoms are sharp pains and burning in my feet and hands, sensitivity to touch especially on my feet. The neurologist has me on 300mg of gabapentin three time a day. My symptoms are alleviated so much I can not believe it. I sleep better at night and don't wake up. I am over all relaxed. I feel calm most of the day. It works for me great."

Pebbles & Bam Bam November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Stopped craving"

Petersenaaron (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Started with low dose and worked my way to 300mg 2-3 times a day. Complete pain relief from slipped disk C-7 ( C-8 nerve) T-1. Minor side effects. (Emotional) Wish you all well."

Richard A November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've tried different medications for over two years. This is the only medication that has worked for more than two months. Puts me to sleep and keeps me asleep. All other medications made me a zombie in the morning, or I woke up at 3 am"

cassie200088 November 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "nerve pain, tingling, painful tension, numbness in face, headaches, shoulder and ear pain, "zaps" in face due to really bad TMJ for 11 months. That caused a major depression and extreme anxiety & insomnia. After I was hospitalized for a brain surgery (different story, not related) and the doctors heard about my story the pain management department got involved & rx'd Gaba & Opipramol (Germany). Immediate relieve of 95% of my symptoms with the first dose of 300 mg. I went up to 300 2x daily and was back to my old self within a week. After a horrific dentist app 8 months later I was left with tons of more pain & had to goto 2400mg to feel effects on pain, despite Gaba fell in deep depression, anxiety etc.Just added nortriptyline & see...."

Gabaaaaa October 28, 2016