User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 13)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 2 reviews 292 medications

2.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 52 medications

Summary of Gabapentin reviews 1404 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Insomnia: "I have been using 150 mg of trazodone together with 300 mg of gabapentin. Able to sleep most of the time straight through for 6-7 hours with little after effects next day. After suffering with chronic insomnia for over 40 years this is pretty good. Helping me to get off of regular use of ambien and xanax."

statusquobuster (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "A must try for RLS Had RLS for 7 years and was always told it was in my head. After that long leaving my RLS it was getting worse and i was showing signs of depression so i booked myself in the docs (thought i would be put on anti-depressents) i was offered to try gabapentin first to get rid of the cause of depression symptoms. They made me feel drowsy, tierd and clumsy for about 2 weeks and started getting use to them. But i slowly noticed my legs wasnt driving me insaine! They was relaxing for once when my mind was relaxed my legs was too! I have been on them a few months now and it feels great to be able to sleep and not kick around all the time. I feel happier in myself and great to have my legs and brain comunicating properly"

Kicksy.girl (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am on meds for depression and they're working. Thank God. Anxiety is an issue, so my psychiatrist prescribed gabapentin, 300mg. The suggested dosage is one, 4x per day. I don't do that but instead take it when I'm feeling anxious and it works like a charm. Plus it helps me fall and stay asleep. Am hungrier but I can control that. Great medication."

Redsoxnation (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Battled a paralyzing anxiety for years. A friend let me try some of his gabapentin and I never went back! Yes there are some weird side effects but u get used to them. I am a trail runner and motorcycle rider and it never impaired me either way. My take on it is simple - if u need gabapentin for anxiety it is incredible. If gabapentin doesn't help your anxiety - it might not be anxiety you havever, I'm no doctor. Just my opinion."

Nosneve_naes (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Prescribed for nerve pain following shingles after crippling left hand side pain that did not respond to standard analgesia. two unexpected beneficial side effects have occurred. My long term and almost permanent anxiety ( we are talking 35 years ) has been greatly reduced. The problem that I had following a transient ischamic attack some five years prior where my bodies idea of the spacial position of my left leg via external stimulus did not agree with my visual perception and viewing my leg caused a strange spacial readjustment where the leg shifted four inches to the left but in reality stayed still. My visual acuity also improved as if everything was lit by stage lighting."

Anonymous September 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "Don't know much about gabapetin. Dr hesitated putting mr on it. Find relief taking Hypericum perf. (From St. John's wort) it is anatural product. When my pain flares up I use it. It usually decreases the pain 50-75 %. It is cheap."

Sunrise 10 September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I had been taking Amitriptyline for 6 years, and at flare ups was also topped up with Gabapentine, however I didn't feel the Gabatentin was helping more than the Amitriptyline, so just stuck with Amitriptyline, and road the flare ups.. BUT after 6 years I was SICK of the "drugged up" feelings in the mornings, (and not seeing them!!) so finally went back to my doc for a drug review. She suggested trying Gabapentin on it's own at a higher dose (200mgs 3 times a day to start with, upping if required) and all I can say is, WOW, I have my life back! I am awake in the mornings, I am relatively pain free, (yes I still have background pain and occasional false ups, but at a level low enough for me to manage in other ways,)"

redlizzie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My anxiety & depression were well controlled on cymbalta. I was put on Gabapentin for neuropathy, at first it helped with pain in one spot, then as my dose was increased I began to experience side effects. 1) Even with taking it at 5 or 6 pm with food I would sleep for 14-17 hours 2)I could not remember things, I could not think straight. My intellect was impaired. I never could build up a tolerance for taking it in the day time. 3) I became depressed & anxious---I feel like I lost weeks of my life I will never get back. 4) I had a creepy crawly sensation in my feet that felt like I was walking on sandpaper. I have been an RN for 42 years. I do not do recreational drugs, smoke or abuse narcotics. I drink alcohal once or twice a ye"

chronic pain/anxiety/depressio (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Transverse Myelitis: "My max dosage was 300mg 3xdaily, it eased the worst of the neuralgia(stinging and burning) and even the numb/tingling sensation. However, it interacted poorly with all other medications I took. I could not mix it with Baclofen nor ANY OTC allergy medicines that were effective for me. Outside of medication interaction I had one side effect; not being able to orgasm, which was hard enough due the lack of normal sensation I have. I did discontinue the Gabapentin but only because I needed effective allergy control more than I wanted neuro pain management."

AnonymissD September 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "Okay, I want to start off by clarifying that this med won't work for everyone. But when it does work, it is amazing. This drug has been a godsend. I have Lupus which has caused me to have horrible pains to where I can't sleep. I now can sleep through the night because of this med. I was on 400 mg of methadone and I still had pain. So, the doctor added gabapentin and started to taper the methadone. I am now only on gabapentin and it is wonderful. With that being, when you first start taking it, you will feel drink and clumsy. However, those side effects go a way. This medication works best the longer you take it. Good Luck!"

April H (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Originally I was prescribed this and Meloxicam as a two-pronged approach for pain, and it has reduced my opioid dosages. Let's say my pain management doctor had me on levels greater than given to cancer patients. When my PM increased it to that level, my primary took over. First I was taking Gabapentin 200mg 3x. However, still having sleep issues. She sent me to a neurologist and she changed how I take it, kept the dosage. Now, I take 200mg at noon, and 400mg two hours before I go to sleep. What a difference it made. And it still helps with pain management as it was originally prescribed. Due soon for an increase. It helped reduce my opioid dosage."

GMFlorida September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I am not a fan of this med. I started taking it for anxiety and it caused vision changes and major sedation for me even at a low dose. I stayed on it for a few years because did help some with anxiety. I just recently decided to come off of it and to my surprise there are withdrawals. My whole body aches, and I feel sick and have no appetite. I took my last dose a week ago and the withdrawals are still very noticeable. I know some people that have said Neurontin helped them a lot but for me it offered slight anxiety relief, sedated me, caused blurred vision and made me mentally slower."

Tsuluzo012 September 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain: "I'm struggling with sciatica pain with makes me barely walking. I'm on 900mg 3 times a day and gaba doesn't make any different at all... still in massive pain and in my opinion is just worse... doesn't do trick for me so I need to visit my GP to find different solution.. but that just me everybody are individual..."

mike 1986 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "Started having severe hot flashes and night sweats to where I could barely function (was almost suicidal). I couldn't take hormones as mom developed a blood clot from hers. I read that gabapentin might help. I happened to have some 300 mg's in the cabinet from herniated disks in neck several months prior so I decided to give them a try. IMMEDIATELY they took affect and have been an absolutely blessing for about 8 months.... HOWEVER... I have just started to get the night sweats again but not as bad as before. I have been taking 300mg every morning all this time. I was hoping to drop the dosage to 100 mg just because I want to take a little meds as possible. I'm going to try 100 mg in morning and 100 at night and see if this spreads it out!"

K... (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "This drug has saved my life. I had a bad fall and laid for 20hrs before anyone found me. I now have severe nerve damage in my legs and feet. It helps the nerve pain definitely!"

Bad Fall (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have had chronic cluster headaches for years-and generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks and was diagnosed about a yr and a half ago w Bipolar 2 Neurontin was given to me for nerve pain which it didnt help. But- for anxiety, panic, living with a feeling of constant uneasiness and dread... it is LIFE-CHANGING for me. I no longer have to live that horror. It honestly was a horror. So this is what living feels like!!!!!! I am unable to express my gratitude to the Dr that prescribed this to me. Absolutely LIFE-CHANGING If you suffer from any of the forementioned conditions- its worth trying. It works within 25mins of taking it. Theres no prolonged waiting period. I take 800mg 3x day."

Stargazer416 September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Epilepsy: "Caused increased seizures and made the clonic tonic seizures so much worse then they were prior to not taking gabbapention. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone."

Seizure12345 September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "My doctors keep pushing this drug on me. Doesn't do a thing. I have osteoarthritis in my left knee after being assigned to USMC units for a number of years as a Navy Corpsman. Carrying over 80 lbs of gear on your back not including weapon, flak and Kevlar. Doin multiple humps and running like the wind has taken it's toll. But this drug does not work for me. The only thing it does is make me tired."

Sultrysorrow (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "For nerve pain this drug is great if you can live with the weight gain...I had been on 3600 mg a day for over a year and just recently cut down to 1200 a day (a few months ago). I also stopped my HRT 6 weeks ago because I was getting migraines from the Premarin and the estrogen patches quit sticking after using them for 8 years (why???) So here I am...miserable...up all night...sweating like a pig...on fire/freezing...on fire/freezing 4 times an hour around the clock...heck even progesterone doesn't help!....gabapentin doesn't work for everyone for hot flashes so I'd really think about the side effects before trying it."

45andmiserable September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been using this medication for quite some time. 300mg 3 times a day. It almost completely erases irratability without hindering my ability to think clearly. In fact it helps my concentration considerably. I am able to focus on the task at hand without freaking out about why things arent working right."

Buddha1313 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine: "significant reduction in Migraine frequency"

Significant reduction September 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pruritus: "Prescribed for intense itching of the forearms caused by nerve damage at the C5-6 level. 300mg 3x per day for 3 months. Took approximately two weeks to reach maximum effectiveness and completely blocks the itch that nothing else could stop. Only drawback is possibly some un-before-known mild brain-fog/mental fatigue: difficulty expressing a thought because the appropriate (common) word escapes me, difficulty with information recall (short term memory), "spacing out". The initial sleepiness experienced when taking a dose passed within a few weeks. Other than appearing as, and feeling like, an occasional "airhead", this medication has been a tremendous asset."

Prefer not to disclose (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "First and foremost I have been taking Gabapentin 100mg daily and it knocked about 75% of my symptoms out. The bad started after 5 months. Massive instant mood changes, feelings of wanting to hurt others for no reason were the worst. I had people tell me I was 2 diff people minutes apart. Needles and pins, burning slowly returning. Going back to dr to change it or somehow just deal with the pain. I'm a passive person and I was becoming a monster. I will live in pain instead of being a saint one minute then a monster minutes later. Love the relief but not the side effects."

Agitated and ambulatory (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia: "I been taking gabepintin 100mg 6 pills a day and my pain has gotten worse I'm so sore and stiff barely wanting to move because it hurts to bad and gaining weight like crazy please help I have been so depressed the pain at times is unbelievable can't handle much more"

cheryl1975 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Pain: "I have found Gabapentin to be absolutely awesome for nerve pain severe nerve pain in my legsafter taking 1600 milligrams per day I found the pain to go away for the first time in 2 years but then the pain came back ten times worse I went up to 3600 milligrams when I start to feel the pain come back I realized I missed a dose and I take some more and the pain goes away Gabapentin has been great"

jimsinmotion (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 7, 2016