User Reviews for Gabapentin (Page 13)

Also known as: Fanatrex, Gabarone, Gralise, Neurontin

Learn more about Gabapentin.

Pruritus 2 reviews 295 medications

2.3
Nausea/Vomiting, Chemotherapy Induced 1 reviews 50 medications

Summary of Gabapentin reviews 1272 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Gabapentin

For Pain: "I've been on it for 1 week now suffering from bad sciatic pain caused by a herniated disc S1-L5. I was taking 6-8 ibuprofen a day and was still in pain. With only the entry dose of 1 300mg a day and 2 ibuprophen a day I can function almost normally until this disc heals...absolutely amazing medication. I won't don't plan to ramp up to the 900mg a day, getting great results with the 300. I was a little fuzzy the first day, but fine after that."

Longnokr (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2016

57 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar skizzoaffective disorder and have been struggling with depression and not wanting to live for 2 years from a divorce. An anti depressant was finally given to me and life became okay again. But I was still having casual suicidal thoughts 2 to 3 times a week. When 300mg of Gabapentin a day was added the suicidal thoughts stopped. I can't even entertain that kind of thinking if I try. I finally feel normal!!!!"

trudyj1s (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2016

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal: "Last year I was hospitalized due to my alcohol consumption. After this I have needed to completely stop. I have been experiencing extreme anxiety. I was recently prescribed gabapentin 600mg*3 times a day. This has helped a ton! I can finally relax and focus on getting my life together! It is definitely helping me through this rough time along with AA and other support groups."

og07limited (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This medication is hopefully going to replace the clonazapam that I am currently taking. I have only been taking it a week but I have already felt some changes. My mood is happier, my anxiety is relieved. I feel my energy has improved, (sometimes a little too much) I get pretty chatty and when I have a few things to do, I have a tough time concentrating on just one and I find myself kind of bouncing around if that make sense..I have always been that way it seems like the meds have intensified it. I sometimes have a little trouble gathering my thoughts. The dose in the morning sometimes makes me sleepy so then I just drink like 2 red bulls and a monster and i'm good.;) Totally kidding!!!. I don't drink caffeine. Btw, I am taking 300 mg x3"

Nadafinga (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2016

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hot Flashes: "My relief from night sweats was totally unexpected. I was prescribed Gabapentin, Valacyclovir and Prednisone for my first shingles outbreak (OMG - the pain). I constantly evaluated my symptoms and side effects for improvement or anything weird. After four days it occurred to me I had not had any night sweats (I don't know exactly when they stopped, because this was something I wasn't monitoring). I have had night sweats for years and always sleep with a fan beside my bed. So when I noticed no night sweats, I looked up all the medications to see if they affected night sweats. I checked Gabapentin last and was SHOCKED to see its association - and then I hit this forum. It was prescribed for nerve pain, but this side effect for me is AWESOME."

GabaFriend April 30, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "I have been taking gabapentin for about 6 years now. I have 2 collapsed discs in my sacroid spine which have been causing chronic pain for 9 years . I take 500mg 3 times a day but can increase it when the pain becomes unbearable. On the higher doses I do get drowsy, but in my normal dose it doesn't affect me. It just helps reduce the nerve pain. The only side effect I get is a dry mouth. At the moment I am suffering from shingles and it is a godsend. I have had shingles previously and wasn't taking gabapentin at the time and the neuropathy pain was awful. I also find it helps a bit with my fibromyalgia."

Mummymozzie (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2016

51 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have severe restless leg, and have taken a succession of medication over the years, Requip, other medicines, baclofen, and gabapentin. I am now on 4- 20 baclofen, and 4 600 gabapentin. When I gert the right amount of medicine, I sleep. With out the right amount, I do not sleep. Life without sleep is VERRRRRY difficult. Yes I minimize my medications, but this seems to help, now."

daniel Post Polio April 29, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For : "Having balance dizziness problem"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Works fantastic! I have a bulged disc along with sciatica.Also I have nerve damage in my neck and shoulder. It helps greatly reduce the pain, and allows me much more mobility."

D1111D April 26, 2016

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Very bad pain both of my sides and lower back.. I had dry mouth all night. . No matter what I took for dry mouth. . I was taking this drug for back pain.. once I started using it my pain increase 10 fold.."

Bcairo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 23, 2016

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Peripheral Neuropathy: "I have neuropathy from chemotherapy treatment . The neuropathy is so bad that I can barely walk. I started this medication about 3 weeks ago. At this time it has done nothing for me. I am taking 100 milligrams three times a day."

Anonymous April 23, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain: "Old lower back injury that flares up every few years. New doc prescribed gabapentin, 100mg, 1 or 2 tablets depending on pain level. Gabapentin made me nauseous, anxious, and totally decreased my ability to think coherently. That was only one pill. I don't know how anyone can function on this. Awful!"

Able1 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "My Anxiety and panic attacks were so bad I had a hard time leaving the house, I still take Xanax and clonazapan, but with Gabapentin added it really made a difference. Im able to go out and shop with no problems now, first time in years I was able to drive into the big city."

sambaluk (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2016

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I could no longer tolerate Requip for my RLS, so my NP put me on gabapentum. Gabapentum nearly halted the RLS totally but also caused my peripheral neuropathy to diminish greatly. Another doctor said that result would be expected. Getting only 4 hours of sleep before I get up for some coffee. Two hours later—about dawn—I can get another hour of sleep easily. (Another hour of nap after lunch). So I can't speak to sleeplessness, as I'm taking a bunch of other medications (stent installed)."

Wolfeboronian April 22, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Helps very well for my generalized anxiety. I take 800mg 3 times per day. Seems to stabilize my mood. Only side effect is problems with ejaculation."

Jk1022 April 21, 2016

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I had bad rls. It went up my arms and down my legs .I am on lamictal 300mg once a day and trazodone 50mg at night. The trazodone seemed to make it worse. Mirapex did nothing to help the restlessness . As soon as I was prescribed neurontin, I felt better. 300mg x5 a day. I would recommend this drug for anyone with rls."

SamanthaK (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Neuropathic Pain: "The only thing available that works for me."

Nobolts April 19, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "A month and 53 days ago I had a case of the Shingles. Two weeks after the Shingle rash started to go away I experienced sharp stabbing nerve pains at the main Shingle sight. I was put on Gralise (gabapentin) by my Neurologist moving from 600 to now 2400 mg at night. I have found very little relief so far other than the stabbing pains are not so severe. I was told it could take 60 days or more to work. I have had no side affects from using this drug at this level."

Mayr6000 April 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I went to a neurologist for nerves...like a live wire that started buzzing in my body 24/7. It wasn't painful, but annoying and concerning since it started up one day and it's been over a year. I'm getting testing done to rule out any physiological issues, but in the meantime, my doctor prescribed me Gabapentin 300 mg, 3x/day. Wow! I love this drug. I'm calmer, happier, and also have an increased sex drive. Works great for anxiety too. Didn't do much for my insomnia. Time seems to stand still though which is strange, but I don't mind. I can tell when I need another dose to calm my 'buzzing' feeling as it wears off after about 4 hours. My appetite was not affected and I did not gain weight."

Happy Janice (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: "I've been on it for almost two weeks... started the day after I found out I had Shingles, so probably three or four days into developing Shingles. It does not seem to be helping with the pain I have in the immediate area of my Shingles (entire left torso), but it has seemed to lessen the neuralgia I was experiencing higher up in my body due to the Shingles infection, namely the trigeminal neuralgia. I'll probably be on it for a while and my hope is that it prevents or at least lessens any chronic or ongoing pain post-infection. I was told it would."

gbateman April 15, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "As I understand gabapentin, it was originally used to treat seizures but helps to keep you asleep but not necessarily, put you to sleep. My doctor is very wise but also very conservative but felt it is a rather benign drug so added it to my ambien. The combo has been very effective in giving me a full nights sleep. I live in Washington state so was encouraged by my naturopath to try medical marijuana. I take a capsule with THC only (no CBD as its about $5/pill) and it has been a Godsend with no discernible side effects. I sleep like a baby. I still add about 200 mg gaba to keep me asleep. My only problem with gaba is I have blurred vision the next day. I understand from the fine print that this can be a side effect."

Kekoa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 15, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Neurontin (gabapentin) for Postherpetic Neuralgia: "Have been on this for over a month and each increase by my doctor provides no relief whatsoever. The last increase has resulted in severe dizziness, light-headedness, memory loss and forgetfulness, fatigue, racing thoughts during sleep, inability to sleep more than a few hours, and most importantly, no effect on the severe pain from postherpetic neuralgia. I will not be accepting another increase from the doctor, the side effects are intolerable, not to mention the side effects of weaning off this ineffective drug that I have yet to suffer."

nonname April 15, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have been taking gabapentin...for awhile now. Me & my husband both. And it works wonders with our depression, anxiety. It also keeps us from craving drugs or alcohol. It helps with my social anxiety as well. We think its a miracle drug. As far as we're concerned."

LeeLa38 April 14, 2016

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Fibromyalgia: "I took Lyrica for 10 years until the copay went to $100. So I began Gabapentin at 100 mg twice daily. It helped with the pain, but not enough. My Dr. increased the dose to 200 mgs twice daily, and I began having the following side effects after only 2 days: cold symptoms, bloated feeling, constipation, cough with mucus, excess gas in the stomach, excessive eye tearing, feeling dizzy and lightheaded, indigestion, passing gas (a lot, plus, stomach pain from it), runny nose, tender glands in the neck, headache, bad taste (like eggs). I'm back to 100 mgs and the side effects are going away, but pain has increased again."

slscts (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I've been taking gabapentin 300 mg for 2 nights and I've slept like a baby No side effects in the morning."

Camii (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2016