User Reviews for Prozac (Page 8)

Learn more about Prozac.

7.5
Postpartum Depression 2 reviews 7 medications

Summary of Prozac reviews 533 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Prozac

For Depression "It didnt seem to help me"

JuJu23 April 8, 2015

For Bulimia "Prozac has been great! I was so worried to start taking it that I read a million reviews and almost didn't take it but I'm so glad I did. It has been a life saver!"

misspippainpink April 7, 2015

For Depression "I'm 22. Had been suffering with depression and a little social anxiety since I was about 12. I finally mustered up the courage to talk to a doctor and he prescribed me Prozac. I have been on it a month now and I'm doing a whole lot better with the depression but not so much my anxiety. The first 2-3 days were the worst I have had in a long time. But after those I started feeling great. It makes me drowsy and I'm able to have sex normally but I can never finish."

FrankTS2G (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I am 22 and have been taking prozac for almost two months now. Before I started taking it, my life was a wreck. There were only two weeks out of every month when I felt semi-normal/happy. The rest of the time, I was miserable. I would lay in my bed and cry, thinking my life was ending for no reason. There was nothing bad happening in my life, but my mind would make me think everyone hated me and that I was disgusting. I was overemotional all the time and constantly to torturing myself with sad thoughts. I put off going to see a psychiatrist for so long because of the stigma. I regret it so much. Had I gone on this medication sooner, so many of my relationships could have been saved and I could have been truly enjoying my life."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 2, 2015

For Depression "Let's see. When I first started this Med was for depression and anxiety. Within a month I felt good, after two months great! I stopped taking it thinking I could manage and that made me worse after 3-6 months. I had to get back on it plus klonopin for the anxiety. Well I did it again, i started running out and couldn't afford to go to the doctor so I was talking it every other day.... I think it made it less effective. I've been so depressed, tired, anxious, dizzy etc... I was able to afford to go back the weeks ago and get my refills... So I'm three weeks in... Still feeling down and out. But I know I've got to give it the full 6-8 weeks. Just never get off!! It works well if taken right."

Melanie8890909 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 30, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "It's a good antidepressant, for mild depression, and food related issues. Took it long ago, was not enough by itlself, so I needed to combine it with other antidepressants. Sexual effects, sense of nothing really matters, mild happiness, long time, 3 weeks to kick in, and tends to pop out in about 2-3 months."

San Pio March 26, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "I have been dealing with Major Depressive Disorder for 9 years of my life, along with PTSD, and severe anxiety. I have been on so many different medications for depression, and have found that Prozac is the only anti-depressant that works for me. I have been as low as 10 mg, now currently on 20 mg. I am considering going to 30 mg. I have to see how I feel in the next number of days. I have been on this medication steadily for 6 months or so. I do have face twitches, but they are very minor and don't come very often. It really does help me get out into the world, and not be so affected by things emotionally. It's crucial to my well being and emotional state, and has prevented me from hurting myself for a long time."

etherealmoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "Prozac really saved my life 6 years ago when I was suffering from major Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and Insomnia related to it. Tried to stop it few times but always had to come back. No sexual side effects even at 40mg/day. Unofortunately it seemed that the medicine had pooped-out on me after 5 years and I currently started taking Paxil."

Jeff235235 March 24, 2015

For Depression "I have been battling severe depression for most of my life, and at 30 years old I finally decided to seek help. I was prescribed 10 mg at first and it has been gradually increased at different increments over the last year and a half. I am currently taking 60 mg Prozac daily. Taking Prozac has definitely helped my moods, but no pill is a fix-all. I recommend counseling also. I have had some issues with weight gain and loss of libido. I've noticed that once I have been on a stable dosage for a while, the libido does come back."

blue eyz (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2015

For Depression "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Most of my life I have struggled with severe panic attacks, general anxiety, PTSD & moderate depression. Been on meds twice before until I felt better & then I would stop taking them. This last time it had been close to a year that I had been suffering again before I decided to reluctantly go back on meds. I tried Celexa again- it worked kinda okay in the past but this time it made no improvement for me. Saw the doc who switched me to Prozac- all I can say is WOW! Best yet- I feel like my old, happy self after only 1 month! 10mg the first week, 15 the second and 20mg the last two. Give it time to work & be patient- it might make you feel a bit off & not better at first, but it is a miracle drug. These bad feelings will pass hang in there!"

DavidKirsch38 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I was on this medicine for two weeks, i felt fine even a little happier, but for 3 days straight I went into a major depression, I have stopped taking it."

Kendall221 March 10, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I have always had anxiety however about 7 months ago I began to have panic attacks walking to the shops by myself walking to work, I thought I was going to pass out it was awful. Then one day I just couldn't walk to work, I got half way then I was convinced I was going to faint so walked home. I then realized how out of control my anxiety had become my partner went with me the doctor prescribed me 20mg tablets (once a day). The first 2 weeks my anxiety was definitely heightened it felt like I was losing the plot. However within a month I found myself walking to the shops and work feeling fine. I haven't had a panic attack for over 2 months, I wish I had started this medication sooner I now feel normal again."

Annouska March 8, 2015

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "Helped control Anger issue but after 90 days and two increases in doseage the Depression is unchanged"

ColRanger (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Suffered with depression since early teens, but hit rock bottom when a friend committed suicide, I could no longer work, couldn't eat, had panic attacks and became suicidal. After 3-4 weeks of taking Prozac I began feeling like a normal person and after 6 weeks I felt happier than I could ever remember being for years. Prozac has saved me, will happily stay on it for life if this is how it makes me feel."

Rachel- March 3, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "This is my third medication I've tried for my anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder. I was first on fluvoxamine and Klonopin and those did nothing but make me a zombie. A month into Prozac while I was feeling the side effects of dizziness and whatnot everything just turned back on. Literally it's like someone turned the lights on. All I can say is it takes time, don't be discouraged. Also pay attention to what you take with it. I was on Zoloft and was getting extremely dizzy. Prozac doesn't agree with certain medications and definitely not caffeine. For the most part though I went from having panic attacks so bad they felt like heart attacks to being completely calm and "normal"."

Anonymous_0989 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Been on and off Prozac for depression. Very effective for turning negative thoughts into positive ones, increased energy and motivation to get things done and get through the day, less fatigue from stress and worry, better sleep at night, better appetite, able to cope with life's stressors, feel like spending more time with friends and family and doing activities when not depressed, more social/talkative when not depressed, increased confidence when not feeling anxious or depressed. In better health, feel more in control of my life, more optimistic and positive."

Anonymous female (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Works great for: anxiety, depression, OCD, PMS, IBS, coping with stress, fibromyalgia, sleeping better, low immunity from stress, headache prevention, helps you think positive rather than negative thoughts. Negative side effects include daytime fatigue, dry mouth, agitation/hyperactivity, harder to orgasm, harder to feel in love/emotional numbness, vivid dreams."

Anonymous female (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 28, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I suffered extreme depression very much when my mum passed over and the doctor put me on these. They helped me think straight and think about all the bad things I'm still on them but only take one or two a week that keeps me happy and normal."

tomo15 February 22, 2015

For Panic Disorder "I was on 10mg Prozac for general anxiety and panic attacks for 2 years. I had no side effects and my panic attacks decreased tremendously. However I recently started having them again so my doc worked me up to 40mg/day. I feel happy. But I feel like it is too much. I don't feel love anymore, and I feel like my emotions are so flat that although I'm not getting the panic attacks, I would almost rather deal with them than be unable to feel emotions. I have been dating a guy for 2 years, and all of a sudden after being on 40mg daily for six weeks I don't feel like I'm in love with him anymore. I can't tell if it is because of the medication or if it is actually me. I will be talking to my doc about decreasing my dose to 20mg."

Vizzle (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 14, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress "I honestly feel that this medication saved my sanity and my life. After going through an extreme amount of stress in a short time, and then having a miscarriage, I started having extreme panic attacks out of the blue. I was having them almost every day; one night I was laying in the couch for four hours shaking uncontrollably and thinking I was going to die. Finally saw a psychiatrist who put me on 20 mg of Prozac per day. At first, it made me dizzy and gave me headaches, and I couldn't sleep. I was ready to give up and try something else, but finally after about 6-7 full weeks, I started to feel better and the panic attacks stopped. Haven't had an attack in over 3 months and I feel like myself again. I am also taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin to sleep."

Relieved7 February 1, 2015

113 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "It works really well my mood and depression are better. My only possible complaint is a constant upset stomach."

Happy Seahorse January 27, 2015

For Depression "I started with a very low dose to treat depression - 10mg. I also had become quite the 'alcoholic'; binge drinking right down to the last drop. Had no motivation and lots of self pity. Prozac helped me recover my lost personality; gave me hope and curbed the drinking to full time sobriety. I take 20mg a day - I would suggest that folks give it two months before giving up. I'm glad I did. Nine months of no drinking and I work full time."

lorrelly (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2015

198 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder "I am so happy that I finally received a diagnosis and treatment! Ever since I was about 19 years old (29 now) I have dealt with depression that came in waves. My anxiety and obsessive tendencies didn't begin until I was 22 and had the military. I always thought that the high stress situation just fed into my depression and caused anxiety and obsession. I finally decided to seek help and I was shocked to find out that I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder which causes depression and anxiety. I started on Prozac and within the first 6 weeks I felt a rush of relief. I no longer obsessed over the smallest things. I feel so much happier and my friends and family notice the difference big time!"

piegirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Keeps my moods within a normal range. It allows me to experience sad feelings and happy feelings Does not leave me with a blank face or blank feelings, like other antidepressants did."

Simone1013 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2015

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...Next