User Reviews for Ferumoxytol

Also known as: Feraheme

Iron Deficiency Anemia 8.5

Linja · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 1, 2019

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I am very thankful for this medicine. Having Celiac Disease, I don’t absorb iron well at all, and can become extremely anemic. I was put on Feraheme years ago. I do have reaction to it, so I do get Benadryl and Zantac along with the Feraheme. I don’t feel well for a few days after the injections (I get two, spaced a week apart), but after that-I feel like a new person! My doctor once tried prescribing me the “new and improved” iron, Injectafer, but I had a serious allergic reaction. I was laid out for weeks, and will be sticking with Feraheme.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2018

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I am vegetarian and I suffered from iron deficiency for long time. I was on/off on the oral iron pills. Recently after my miscarriage, I became anemic again. I went to my haematologist , the nurse practitioner prescribed me this feraheme iron infusion. On the day of the infusion, she gave me steroid through IV as precaution. Then waited for 15 mints and started this feraheme infusion, within seconds of this infusion, I experienced severe anaphylaxis reaction, I literally thought I am going to die . But with gods grace and nurse quick action, helped me survive. I have follow up appt with doctor to discuss further steps in treating my iron Deficiency and I am not going back for any more infusion. This incident actually scared me very much. I never had any experience like this before.”

Joheak · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2018

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “I have suffered with iron deficiency anemia for over 3 years. I am a woman over 40, therefore; the main culprit is my menstrual cycle I am told. My number count was typically below 9. I tried two other forms of intravenous treatments in which one of them cause me to go into anaphylactic shock! I was slightly nervous about this drug, however; I am tired of being tired. I had my first dosage yesterday. 30 minutes via IV and 30 minutes observation. I experienced no side affects! I'm not sure how quick I am suppose to "feel" not tired. I feel fine today. I am having the second treatment within 7 days. Everyone is different however I do recommend.”

Tracer84 · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2018

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “My hemoglobin was down to 9.9 and ferritin was very low at 10. I was nervous from what I had read about IV Iron. I was given Feraheme. The procedure only took 15 mins. Then I had to be watched for 30 minutes afterward for any reaction. Felt fine. No side affects. I go back for a second round in 7 days. I would highly recommend this as anemia should be taken seriously. I'm looking forward to feeling stronger everyday.”

Deekaycee · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2016

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “After having Feraheme IV the only side effect I experienced was a little itching on legs arms here and there and slight dizziness which I was feeling already from anemia.”

beepbop · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2013

Feraheme (ferumoxytol) for Iron Deficiency Anemia: “This medicine has done wonders for me. I have had two injections of Feraheme with no side effects. It gave me back a quality of life.”