User Reviews for Duragesic-50

Learn more about Duragesic-50.

Chronic Pain 6 reviews 113 medications

8.5
Pain 4 reviews 1123 medications

8.5
Summary of Duragesic-50 reviews 10 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Duragesic-50

For Chronic Pain "The time release system seems to be different with everyone cutting the patch into 16 strips allows one to better control this drug to there own need.Naturally a Dr. Can't tell you this but will agree if they know you well and trust you opinion."

Gentel May 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "Constipation & sedation...but great pain relief"

Bluerabbitrose12345 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I have used several types of pain medication. I used fentanyl and was able to work for 5 extra years. The only problem that I had was my body absorbed it within 48 hours. My doctor didn't just increase the dosage he has me changing every 48 hours."

Mr.Ed (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have been all the way up to 150-200 mg with 30 mg breakthru. I really had a life then but wasn't really "there". I couldn't find any doctor in my area to presribe fentenyl so all I got was 15mg oxycodone and that's it. I have a 30 degree curve in back, left hip damage, Crohn's disease and now colon cancer. I'm back on them but only at 50 mg every 72 hours. It's a joke. The DEA here is cruel to people that truly need it. Tolerance included, I don't absorb oral meds but do receive very few 15's for break thru. I am waiting for a pain pump once my colon is removed but can I make it? I'm angry, depressed and want to just sleep without screaming."

bloxham (taken for 10 years or more) January 19, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I have had positive experience with the patch, I also have to say that the patch has helped my neuropathy pain in feet and hands and that I have to say it has helped my restless leg syndrome. I have had more comfort with the patch with all three conditions. The maker of the patch should look into using it for neuropathy and restless legs syndrome also. I have tried other medications but the patch has helped my pain relief and relief of other conditions."

LisaFabe October 7, 2013

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "I was diagnosed with degenerative disk disease and osteoarthritis last year, not so bad if you're 75 but I'm 26. I've had symptoms of this since about 14 or 15. After 10 years my doctor finally believed me and accepted the fact that I was in real pain (this is finally after 2 well known orthopedic surgeons discussed their diagnoses with him). He gave me Norco 7.5's, which didn't do much but introduce my liver to a lot of acetaminophen. He then added fentanyl 50mcg/hr patch 1 every 72 hrs."

John0505 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 31, 2013

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Chronic Pain "My doctor put me on the patches about 8 months ago. I was taking Norco 10/325, and Lyrica 50mg three times a day. I was still having pain at night, and when I had to walk for any distance at all. This medicine has changed my life, I can sleep all night without waking up from pain, I can walk through the mall now and not limp as bad. I still take 6 Norco a day, and my Lyrica 3Xday. But combined with the patch, I feel like I have a new lease on life. The only side effects I have had is a tendency to nod off if I sit down for long, and a decrease in my appetite which is good for helping me lose some weight."

Lilyrose1961 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 21, 2012

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have a doctor who is not into breakthrough medicines that much but he is still reluctantly writing Norco 10/325 for my breakthrough pain and I found that this medicine does pretty good for about 40 hours. The 72 hours they claim is a real stretch. "

kcpain November 17, 2011

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I was put on Vicidin first for my chronic back pain, didn't work then the doctor said to try injections they worked for about a month. Then I got pain so bad I couldn't get out of bed 1/2 the time and my family doctor said he didn't want to give me anything stronger because of seizure medicines I was on. I tried everything for pain, then someone suggested pain management finally a doctor listened. He put me on the Fentanyl patch. I feel like I'm 20 again. I can work, do things I couldn't do before with me kids and grandkids. This patch is a God send. I did experience heavy sweating and vomiting and dozing off till my body became adjusted. Now I still get the nodding off effect occasionally, and itching where the patch is."

kwilly July 30, 2009

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Pain "I have had great success and this drug would have been 10/10 for me but recently the third day I get breakthrough pain and this is affecting my life. Without this drug I'm unable to do so much."

Nayshiftin February 18, 2009