User Reviews for Evening primrose

Also known as: Evening Primrose Oil

Evening primrose has an average rating of 7.7 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings on Drugs.com. 69% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Hot Flashes  Off-label
10.0
Summary of Evening primrose reviews 7.7 17 reviews

Reviews for Evening primrose

AliX · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2021

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose): “Gives me palpitations and stops me sleeping whenever I take it. Be careful as some people don’t react well to EP supplements. Has a strong effect on the nervous system and should be used with caution if you are taking other omega supplements.”

DS · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 11, 2020

For Hot Flashes: “Took EPO for about 2 months. Made no difference to hot flushes. Have stopped taking as was getting increase in heart palpitations. Since stopping heart palpitations have lessened. This does not seem to be an official side effect but there is anecdotal evidence in the web.”

Cindy E · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2014

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Sjogren's Syndrome: “At the time I discovered an article by Dr. Oz about ways to relieve the symptoms of Sjogrens, my eyes were extremely red, swollen, itchy and dry. Nothing was helping - I was using a humidifier, and had tried numerous creams and lotions. Dr. Oz suggested a list of vitamins and oils of which Evening Primrose Oil was a significant part. I started taking 6 capsules daily and within 3 days could see some improvement. It has been 4 months now, and my eyes are completely back to normal. I don't even have to use my gel drops anymore.”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month May 3, 2018

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Asthma: “Unexpected improvement of dyspnea caused by antihypertensive medicines. Very effective at resolving spinal osteoarthritis nerve pain, and related referred pain in my legs and feet. Possible improvement in muscle strength.”

Salie · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 9, 2019

Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “ I got this in Bulgaria from a doctor who also had breast cancer and so had hot flashes. the doctor told me that in Bulgaria after breast surgery primrose oil is always given by the hospital. I have used it and It helps me a lot. Only difficult to order the good ones in Bulgaria, I come from the Netherlands myself.”

Stella · Taken for less than 1 month September 17, 2021

For Hot Flashes: “I've been taking 1 EPO (1000 mg) nightly for the past 6 evenings and last night was the first night that I can say I had absolutely no night sweat or hot flash. In fact, I've also been able to stop taking gabapentin for my fibromyalgia and get a good restful night of sleep. It's now my go to for both my menopausal and nerve pain!”

KD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 22, 2019

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes: “Taking Evening Primrose Oil for several months now, has nearly eliminated hot flashes. Saw improvement within a few days of taking the supplement. Only take 1000 to 1300 mg a day.”

Caxcobb · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2018

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “Evening oil of primrose is great if you are feeling a little down. You need to take 3 or 4 capsules and I find it seems to work pretty well straight away! Hope this is good information for someone!”

Anonymous October 19, 2009

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Postmenopausal Symptoms: “Dramatic reduction in hot flushes achieved taking 1300mg Evening Primrose Oil daily and almost eliminating dairy products from diet.”

tmar March 3, 2016

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: “It gave me horrible indigestion and heart palpitations (tachycardia) definitely not a good herb for hormone balancing.”

Happy Happy Joy Joy December 19, 2009

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “Stabilized my periods and stopped the night sweats.... YES!”

hot flashes · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 28, 2014

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes: “Help tremendously with my hot flashes. I am able to sleep at nights so much better.”

Chilled out · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2015

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “Amazing! 1300 mg a day not only takes the edge off PMS/PMDD but chills me out every day. Also on Zoloft but EPO adds an extra something that relaxes me just right!”

lucyball · Taken for 10 years or more June 16, 2013

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes: “Very good for female swelling at that time of the month don't over look this natural helper”

Beaver · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 12, 2021

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Asthma: “Evening primrose oil excellent stopping hot flushes ( menopause )”

Tracy E · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 15, 2016

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes: “Does not work”

Yvonne Curry · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes: “I've been taking evening primrose oil for a week now, 1000 mg dose. I haven't seen any reduction in the hot flashes as of yet.”

Holdfast January 23, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: “I have used for years and found it to relax and help with irritability and anger.”

More about evening primrose