User Reviews for Evening primrose

Brand names: Evening Primrose Oil

Evening primrose has an average rating of 7.4 out of 10 from a total of 20 ratings on Drugs.com. 65% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 20% reported a negative experience.

Hot Flashes  Off-label
10.0
Summary of Evening primrose reviews 7.4 20 reviews

Reviews for Evening primrose

AliX · Taken for less than 1 month · April 24, 2021

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) "Gives me palpitations and stops me sleeping whenever I take it. Be careful as some people don’t react well to EP supplements. Has a strong effect on the nervous system and should be used with caution if you are taking other omega supplements."

DS · Taken for 1 to 6 months · November 11, 2020

For Hot Flashes "Took EPO for about 2 months. Made no difference to hot flushes. Have stopped taking as was getting increase in heart palpitations. Since stopping heart palpitations have lessened. This does not seem to be an official side effect but there is anecdotal evidence in the web."

Cindy E · Taken for 1 to 6 months · May 23, 2014

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Sjogren's Syndrome "At the time I discovered an article by Dr. Oz about ways to relieve the symptoms of Sjogrens, my eyes were extremely red, swollen, itchy and dry. Nothing was helping - I was using a humidifier, and had tried numerous creams and lotions. Dr. Oz suggested a list of vitamins and oils of which Evening Primrose Oil was a significant part. I started taking 6 capsules daily and within 3 days could see some improvement. It has been 4 months now, and my eyes are completely back to normal. I don't even have to use my gel drops anymore."

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month · May 3, 2018

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Asthma "Unexpected improvement of dyspnea caused by antihypertensive medicines. Very effective at resolving spinal osteoarthritis nerve pain, and related referred pain in my legs and feet. Possible improvement in muscle strength."

Izzy · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 18, 2022

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "Nothing short of a miracle! I had at least a half dozen hot flashes a day (and nights) and couldn’t sleep. Within days of taking 1000mg a day I noticed less of them and less severe. Now, a month in, I have almost no hot flashes."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 2 years · March 17, 2022

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) "I started taking evening primrose oil capsules a year ago. Mostly for my acne and mood swings and anxiety and stress. I am a different person now with better skin but not perfect! I have more confidence as my self esteem has increased nicely due to not being anxious and self critical. I'm not 100 percent sure if it is all the cause of taking evening primrose oil but as long as I have been taking my dose everyday my life has definitely improved hugely!"

Mara · November 1, 2021

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "I am postmenopausal and with a lot of symptoms but I could not persuade doctors to have hormonal check, how crazy is that? I tried EPR but every time gives me heart palpitations even at small doses, I believe that I am not estrogen dominant and maybe estrogen low so this oil further reduce it.I am now try to take bioidentical estrogen cream which is difficult to come by, finally I find a site that sell them.I also experienced with dhea and pregnenolone ,these are the precursors of hormones but without tests is difficult to know, and private clinics charged lots, so with research I try things to see which ones works for me and gives me some benefit."

Stella · Taken for less than 1 month · September 17, 2021

For Hot Flashes "I've been taking 1 EPO (1000 mg) nightly for the past 6 evenings and last night was the first night that I can say I had absolutely no night sweat or hot flash. In fact, I've also been able to stop taking gabapentin for my fibromyalgia and get a good restful night of sleep. It's now my go to for both my menopausal and nerve pain!"

J bee · Taken for less than 1 month · March 7, 2022

For Postmenopausal Symptoms "Have been taking it for around a few weeks at least. I had a hormone reaction from covid vaccine and was advised to take it to stop breast pain and swelling. Helps with the pain but they've flared up again, not sure if I've got another virus that's caused the same reaction, but I'm feeling so fatigued recently and not a natural tiredness. I know it's supposed to help with tiredness but I feel it's doing the opposite for me! Anyone else?"

Salie · Taken for 2 to 5 years · August 9, 2019

Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Postmenopausal Symptoms " I got this in Bulgaria from a doctor who also had breast cancer and so had hot flashes. the doctor told me that in Bulgaria after breast surgery primrose oil is always given by the hospital. I have used it and It helps me a lot. Only difficult to order the good ones in Bulgaria, I come from the Netherlands myself."

KD · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · September 22, 2019

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "Taking Evening Primrose Oil for several months now, has nearly eliminated hot flashes. Saw improvement within a few days of taking the supplement. Only take 1000 to 1300 mg a day."

Caxcobb · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 27, 2018

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome "Evening oil of primrose is great if you are feeling a little down. You need to take 3 or 4 capsules and I find it seems to work pretty well straight away! Hope this is good information for someone!"

tmar · March 3, 2016

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome "It gave me horrible indigestion and heart palpitations (tachycardia) definitely not a good herb for hormone balancing."

Anonymous · October 19, 2009

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Postmenopausal Symptoms "Dramatic reduction in hot flushes achieved taking 1300mg Evening Primrose Oil daily and almost eliminating dairy products from diet."

hot flashes · Taken for 1 to 6 months · December 28, 2014

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "Help tremendously with my hot flashes. I am able to sleep at nights so much better."

Happy Happy Joy Joy · December 19, 2009

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Stabilized my periods and stopped the night sweats.... YES!"

lucyball · Taken for 10 years or more · June 16, 2013

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "Very good for female swelling at that time of the month don't over look this natural helper"

Chilled out · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · February 24, 2015

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "Amazing! 1300 mg a day not only takes the edge off PMS/PMDD but chills me out every day. Also on Zoloft but EPO adds an extra something that relaxes me just right!"

Tracy E · Taken for 1 to 6 months · April 15, 2016

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "Does not work"

Beaver · Taken for 1 to 2 years · January 12, 2021

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Asthma "Evening primrose oil excellent stopping hot flushes ( menopause )"

Yvonne Curry · Taken for less than 1 month · February 10, 2020

Evening Primrose Oil (evening primrose) for Hot Flashes "I've been taking evening primrose oil for a week now, 1000 mg dose. I haven't seen any reduction in the hot flashes as of yet."

Holdfast · January 23, 2020

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder "I have used for years and found it to relax and help with irritability and anger."