User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 444 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Acne

"Im so happy I'm not alone here with saying this pill is absolutely awful. I've always had ok skin, but I get bad cystic acne, and got on this pill for this main issue. I've had bad stomach issues, but thats another story- I just wanted my face cleared up. I cry over how bad my face has gotten in the month I've been on this pill. My doctor told me it would take 3 weeks to work, yet told me 3 whole packs (3 months) a different time. I wish I never got on this. I was on Yaz for a month and it did wonders for my face, but made me incredibly nauseous. I'd rather go back to that in all honesty. Wish I read these reviews sooner. Don't go on this pill if you are looking to clear up acne, I'm worried about going off it now, what it'll do to my skin"

em24123 May 31, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Looking over these reviews, it's such a relief to know that I am not alone in dealing with the HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING and PAINFUL cystic acne this has caused me. Until starting, my (then) clear, flawless skin was the thing I liked best about myself. HOWEVER, within a month, this had truly RUINED my skin forever. Excessive and deep cystic acne that did not respond to any dermatologist treatments and sent me into a spiral of low self-esteem. Gyno insisted I stick with it for 6 months to see if it evened out. IT DID NOT! Instead, what I've been left with is unresponsive acne for the past two years (yes...1.5 years after I stopped taking this) because of this horrible pill. Also, did not work properly and gave me 2 periods/month :) STAY AWAY!"

Beckymw4 May 23, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I didn't notice at first why my acne was getting better, then I realized it was the birth control. After I stopped the pill I noticed huge bumps on my chin and around my cheeks, and acne on my chest. I recently re started back on the pill and my skin is all of a sudden clear again so it works for acne very well for me. Everyone seems to be different."

Kaylabr May 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have never had perfect skin however after taking this pill it is in horrendous shape. My doctor gave me a 3 month trial and I was told to come back after that time frame to see how it was reacting with my body. In these 3 months I noticed my skin slowly getting worse (mainly jawline and down my neck) and I was also having no periods and was also feeling moody and tired all the time. My doctor wanted me to stick with the pill for an other 3 months to see if everything started to even out. At month 5 I have cystic acne down my neck. I still don't have a 'real' period, just random spotting during the month. Also I don't feel tired as often however sleep about 11 hrs/night to feel refreshed. Definitely don't recommend this birth control."

Gmjj (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have never posted a review for any product, but seeing reviews for this birth control was such an eye opener that I had to! I am 22 and I have been on lolo for about a year. My entire life I maybe got 5 tiny pimples. The first few months of being on this pill I didn't notice any changes. However, each month after that my acne kept getting worse and worse. I did not realize it was from this pill until I started reading reviews and looking and pictures and matching to the time I started this birth control. My acne has gotten so bad that there are times I will not even leave the house. The day I saw these reviews I threw all of my pills in the garbage. It has been a month and I am still fighting the acne. STAY AWAY!"

Anonymous April 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"*update from spookyblack* I forgot to mention the terrible nightmares I have been having they are really messed up, and break through bleeding. This pill has made me super tired, depressed, and have gnarly mood swings. I have been eating a lot and have gained a lot of weight. Great just in time for summer right? I have felt the worse about myself and looks ever since I started this pill. Please don't do this to yourself and not to mention the nasty acne I, and so many girls have experienced."

Spookyblack (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This pill is a nightmare!!!! I have had clear skin all of my life and enjoyed makeup as a hobby, now I absolutely hate it because I feel like it is an obligation to cover up the disgusting, painful cysts that this pill has caused!!! My self esteem is extremely low, I don't remember the last time I saw my real face and felt confident. I will be seeing my doctor very soon to get off of this terrible terrible terrible pill!!!"

sadgirl123 February 7, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Let's start with the fact that l just cried for 20 minutes bc of the acne this pill has given me. I've been on it for exactly 2 weeks and never seen a pimple in my life. Suddenly my entire forhead is covered in pimples. I was put on this pill because I got my period every 5 days and it lasted for 6-11 days. No blood or spotting since l went on the pill which is a miracle for me! But I am still pretty upset about my skin."

kate827291 February 6, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Cleared my acne up so fast. Its nice. Other than that everything is going good except I'm turning into a grumpy person"

Crterred (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been on lo loestrin fe for about 2 years. During the early first year I didn't have many problems, occasional break outs. I had very light periods. By the last year I was never having my period at all, my gyno said it was normal and that's why people like this pill. I didn't mind it, but it scared me that I go nothing no drop of anything AT ALL for about 10 months in a row. I though that cannot be good for my body. Along with that, my acne got the worst it has ever been. My right side of my face broke out in huge pimples side by side. I have never had acne like this. I stopped taking it about 2 weeks ago, considering I was pretty much sure it was due to this birth control. Now I'm struggling to clear my face. Do not take this pill."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this pill three months ago (what a mistake!) Not only has it messed up my skin but I have been a hormonal wreck. Other side effects include breast pain and severe headaches! I do not recommend taking this pill, especially if you are looking to clear your skin."

JP6622 January 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Absolutely horrible. I have been on this for about a year. I guess I never put two and two together and realized what was causing my breakouts until looking up other women's experiences. I have horrible cystic acne on my cheeks that will come and stay and then my skin will be perfectly clear and it will come right back, not to mention the scars this has caused me. I also agree it has made my anxiety absolutely horrible and sometimes I get so depressed I literally will just cry. I go back to the doctors in February and I am going to asked to be switched. I'm hoping this acne clears up, it is absolutely embarrassing... especially when your job makes you deal with the public all day"

Kier January 23, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this medication for almost a year. Before I was on Lo Loestrin I had very painful cramps that kept me in bed for at least 2 days every month. This medication has helped to stop those cramps completely. I never have a period and it is the best thing ever. For some women I think that they would be freaked out by not cycling, feeling as though the blood is "trapped" inside them for some reason, but this medicine works by not releasing any eggs, which means the uterus does not need to shed. If I had to complain about anything it would be acne. I have never had acne, especially on my forehead and chest, and it seems like ever since I started taking this medication I constantly have tiny pimples on my chest and forehead."

tfcfef3 January 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this medication for only 12 days. My skin used to be perfect and I did not even have to wear any makeup. My skin has become horrendous, and I haven't even been on the pill for 2 weeks. I am stopping it tomorrow and I am going to see if this clears up my face. My cheeks, jawline, and chin broke out so much and I have never had that happen before. I hate it so much and I don't even want to leave my house. Please check with your doctor and other people who are on this to see of this is right for you."

hustle&bustle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Reading some of these reviews has made me feel SO much better. I started this BC about 6 months ago, and while my acne/face was certainly not perfect beforehand, it has gotten SOOOOO MUCH WORSE since starting this. Horrible, huge, painful cystic acne - repeatedly, especially on the cheeks. I do not wear makeup at all, so no reason for my pores to be this oily and clogged. Honestly, I am about to just stop taking it, it's really not worth it for me (especially as I'm on it for acne and period maintenance and don't even have a partner at the moment). I've been on several other types of BC over my lifetime - Yaz, Yasmin, Gianvi, Ventura, probably others way back in the day. Absolutely none of those made my face look as bad as this."

Ninabeena83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have NEVER had acne or oily skin in my life (I'm 25 years old now) actually I've always had pretty clear skin and very dry skin, and now it's filled with cystic acne and it's constantly oily ever since I switched to this. I have given it 4 months because that's what my obgyn suggested, and it just seems to keep getting worse and worse. And not to mention I've gained 15 pounds, and I'm pretty sure it's made my depression and anxiety worse. I go on the 25th of this month to get switched back and I wish I could just throw this crap in the trash but I'm afraid it'll throw my periods out of whack if I suddenly stop taking it. Ugh! It's awful."

Kaylee6651 January 10, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had very bad hormonal acne after a week of taking these pills. After 2 months I can say that my skin has never looked so bad in my entire life! I had to go to a dermatologist and switch back to my previous birth control pills (which, I thought, were not so good... but now I realized that they were wonderful compared to Lo Loestrin Fe!...)"

M_haze (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If i could rate this a zero, I would. I have suffered with painful periods since seventh grade and finally went on the pill two months ago. I have had near perfect skin my entire life and my skin is so terrible now that even my mother who is the type to say it's not the bad is extremely concerned. My breasts are also extremely sore and I have been spotting so bad that I have to wear a pad, not even a pantie liner. My doctor is not even telling me to stick out the next month, I switching pills next week at the start of my next period. Do not do this to yourself, especially if you have clear skin to start with."

Ca1234 December 8, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on this birth control for 5 weeks now, I was given 3 free months worth to try from my doctor. I take very good care of my skin and I was used to having acne just before a period with my oily combo skin. After the third week of taking this my skin has turned abosolutely horrible! Cystic acne which I've never ever had in my life and I'm in my mid 20's. My entire forehead and cheeks is covered in acne and even spreading to my chest, I'm so upset with this birth control I do not reccommend! I will be going to my doctors tomorrow to switch to TriCyclenLo starting next month. I'm fighting my acne right now with: lush cosmetic warrior mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide medicine, apricot scrub face wash, tea tree oil, and multi vitamins"

Ali1990 December 5, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this for a month and a half, i know its kinda early but DO NOT take this pill, my anxiety is through the roof i dont even wanna get out of bed anymore and start my days, i feel like a crazy person, i am not myself, very anxious, dizzy. Cant wait to be done"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"If I could give this medicine a 0 for acne I would. I've been on it for years because it's the only birth control that seriously regulates my heavy periods, but it makes my skin horrible. I'm in my 20's and my skin looks like a 13 year old's. It gives me horrible cystic acne that no face treatment can clear up. I've tried everything. I didn't have this type of acne in my teens and I was never seriously prone to it before starting this medicine."

falloutgirl October 12, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Absolutely hated this birth control pill. Within a few days of taking it, the cystic acne started and I read some reviews urging people to stick with it and it'd get better, so I did for 6 months, but this wasn't the case for me. My skin got worse.. A lot worse. My skin wasn't great to begin with, but it was horrible on loestrin. Whole face covered in under the skin bumps and large cystic acne on cheeks and chin. Been off of it for almost 4 months and I can't seem to get the acne gone now. So frustrating. No other side effects"

Angryacne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Absolutely terrible, this pill made me depressed, angry, and anxious. I can barely sleep at night, and it's causing my cheeks to break out (I've never had acne on my cheeks...). I've also had to go to the doctor because I fainted multiple times (note: I have never ever fainted or even come close to it) along with being lightheaded, nauseous, and having no appetite whatsoever. I'm 19, and I've been on it about 3 months. Would not recommend unless you want to be a completely different person (for the worst). The one good thing is I haven't had a period since I've been on it."

Sky123 July 29, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was on Microgestin 1/20 but was making me depressed, so doctor prescribed this. Really only taking this to regulate periods and help clear up acne. Took the pill for THREE nights and already have three huge cystic pimples on my face... I rarely get cystic pimples, usually just some whiteheads around time of period. Also felt extremely nauseous and lightheaded. Not continuing with this... it is different for everyone, but not worth it for me."

steer clear June 30, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've ALSO never left a review for anything in my life, but reading these responses was a lifesaver for me, so I need to pay it forward. I have been on nuvaring, yaz & orthotricyclen lo over the past 15 years and my skin has been pretty much flawless my whole life (I'm 29). In April 2016 I told my doctor I wanted to switch to whichever birth control had the lowest dose of hormones, as I figured that was just the healthiest thing to do. After a week on this garbage I started having HORRIBLE cystic acne with whiteheads on my chin and some on my jawline. My diet and exercise routine are super solid. I don't eat dairy or gluten. I'm not on any other medications. So it's pretty obvious the loloestrin FE is the culprit here."

KLM518754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016