User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 433 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Acne

"I would not recommend this birth control to anyone. I have NEVER had acne or oily skin in my life (I'm 25 years old now) actually I've always had pretty clear skin and very dry skin, and now it's filled with cystic acne and it's constantly oily ever since I switched to this. I have given it 4 months because that's what my obgyn suggested, and it just seems to keep getting worse and worse. And not to mention I've gained 15 pounds, and I'm pretty sure it's made my depression and anxiety worse. I go on the 25th of this month to get switched back and I wish I could just throw this crap in the trash but I'm afraid it'll throw my periods out of whack if I suddenly stop taking it. Ugh! It's awful."

Kaylee6651 January 10, 2017

"I had very bad hormonal acne after a week of taking these pills. After 2 months I can say that my skin has never looked so bad in my entire life! I had to go to a dermatologist and switch back to my previous birth control pills (which, I thought, were not so good... but now I realized that they were wonderful compared to Lo Loestrin Fe!...)"

M_haze (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2016

"If i could rate this a zero, I would. I have suffered with painful periods since seventh grade and finally went on the pill two months ago. I have had near perfect skin my entire life and my skin is so terrible now that even my mother who is the type to say it's not the bad is extremely concerned. My breasts are also extremely sore and I have been spotting so bad that I have to wear a pad, not even a pantie liner. My doctor is not even telling me to stick out the next month, I switching pills next week at the start of my next period. Do not do this to yourself, especially if you have clear skin to start with."

Ca1234 December 8, 2016

"I've been on this birth control for 5 weeks now, I was given 3 free months worth to try from my doctor. I take very good care of my skin and I was used to having acne just before a period with my oily combo skin. After the third week of taking this my skin has turned abosolutely horrible! Cystic acne which I've never ever had in my life and I'm in my mid 20's. My entire forehead and cheeks is covered in acne and even spreading to my chest, I'm so upset with this birth control I do not reccommend! I will be going to my doctors tomorrow to switch to TriCyclenLo starting next month. I'm fighting my acne right now with: lush cosmetic warrior mask, 10% benzoyl peroxide medicine, apricot scrub face wash, tea tree oil, and multi vitamins"

Ali1990 December 5, 2016

"I have been on this for a month and a half, i know its kinda early but DO NOT take this pill, my anxiety is through the roof i dont even wanna get out of bed anymore and start my days, i feel like a crazy person, i am not myself, very anxious, dizzy. Cant wait to be done"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2016

"If I could give this medicine a 0 for acne I would. I've been on it for years because it's the only birth control that seriously regulates my heavy periods, but it makes my skin horrible. I'm in my 20's and my skin looks like a 13 year old's. It gives me horrible cystic acne that no face treatment can clear up. I've tried everything. I didn't have this type of acne in my teens and I was never seriously prone to it before starting this medicine."

falloutgirl October 12, 2016

"Absolutely hated this birth control pill. Within a few days of taking it, the cystic acne started and I read some reviews urging people to stick with it and it'd get better, so I did for 6 months, but this wasn't the case for me. My skin got worse.. A lot worse. My skin wasn't great to begin with, but it was horrible on loestrin. Whole face covered in under the skin bumps and large cystic acne on cheeks and chin. Been off of it for almost 4 months and I can't seem to get the acne gone now. So frustrating. No other side effects"

Angryacne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

"Absolutely terrible, this pill made me depressed, angry, and anxious. I can barely sleep at night, and it's causing my cheeks to break out (I've never had acne on my cheeks...). I've also had to go to the doctor because I fainted multiple times (note: I have never ever fainted or even come close to it) along with being lightheaded, nauseous, and having no appetite whatsoever. I'm 19, and I've been on it about 3 months. Would not recommend unless you want to be a completely different person (for the worst). The one good thing is I haven't had a period since I've been on it."

Sky123 July 29, 2016

"Was on Microgestin 1/20 but was making me depressed, so doctor prescribed this. Really only taking this to regulate periods and help clear up acne. Took the pill for THREE nights and already have three huge cystic pimples on my face... I rarely get cystic pimples, usually just some whiteheads around time of period. Also felt extremely nauseous and lightheaded. Not continuing with this... it is different for everyone, but not worth it for me."

steer clear June 30, 2016

"I've ALSO never left a review for anything in my life, but reading these responses was a lifesaver for me, so I need to pay it forward. I have been on nuvaring, yaz & orthotricyclen lo over the past 15 years and my skin has been pretty much flawless my whole life (I'm 29). In April 2016 I told my doctor I wanted to switch to whichever birth control had the lowest dose of hormones, as I figured that was just the healthiest thing to do. After a week on this garbage I started having HORRIBLE cystic acne with whiteheads on my chin and some on my jawline. My diet and exercise routine are super solid. I don't eat dairy or gluten. I'm not on any other medications. So it's pretty obvious the loloestrin FE is the culprit here."

KLM518754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

"The first couple months I was on this, it was perfect. It regulated me as I never really had a regular cycle maybe 4 times per year. Then I became so emotional, constantly crying and depressed. As prior to taking this I would've never let anyone se me cry. I had increased anxiety. I also had went from hardly any periods to 2 periods per pack. I guess it was thought as me making up for lost time. I never had any trouble with acne, a few breakouts before my cycle but very minimal. No weight gain."

Fitgirl89677 June 11, 2016

"I really had no issues with being on the med, until the horrible cystic acne on my chin began and continued!! I am 46 and have never experienced this kind of acne in my life. So embarrassing. It is painful & gross. I am stopping this pill. Was so glad to see other posts about this horrible med."

LR32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

"Like many other posts, I'm not one to write reviews. However, to add to the list of complaints, this birth control has made my face horrible. I've always had great skin, after being on it for a mere 5 weeks I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I am switching tomorrow. Not only acne, but I have gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks and also have had a couple anxiety attacks which is very unlike me. Not only do I want to share my experience, but if I am in any place for advice; I advise not to get on this pill."

Pretty underwhelming (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

"Omg...I'm so glad I read these reviews. Started to breakout immediately after the first week. White pimples and cystic ones on my chin and around my nostrils. I'm so embarrassed never had acne problems my face even hurts from the breakouts. Yesterday was my last day of taking it."

Claucarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"This is the worst birth control I have been on. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. I was on it for 3 months and had the worst mood swings, depression and worst acne that I still suffer from even after 2 months being off it. I never usually write reviews online but knew I had to warn anybody thinking about going on this product. I had such a clear face before I began this birth control, a few minor zits during my period but that's normal for anybody, but after this I still have red cystic acne... It's horrible. I used to be able to wear no makeup, no I can't even leave the house without makeup because I'm too self conscious of my acne. DO NOT GO ON THIS BIRTH CONTROL."

Bribig April 2, 2016

"My doctor prescribe me this birth control pill saying I will have fewer to almost no periods after being on the this pill! And I didn't see anything wrong until about 7 days into taking the pill. My face broke out terribly!!!!! Like horrible, I hate going into work or outside because I have these huge under the bump on my chin and cheeks. I usually have a few breakouts on my period but neverrrrrr like this. I don't like even living my house unless necessary. I would not recommend this birth control unless you are willing to deal with having bad skin. I'll take a longer menstrual anything or feel unconfident of my skin"

JazzyJazzyy March 21, 2016

"I've always had terrible, oily skin so my doctor finally put me on Loestrin. It took my skin a couple months to stop breaking out but now it is near perfect! I even have people complimenting me on my skin now which believe me would never have happened before. Also has completely stopped my period and I now only have mild symptoms."

Julia11112222 February 12, 2016

"Wow same problem here! Chin zits just like the big undergrounders that you would get in high school. On top of that my mood swings are seriously out of control. I can just snap at any moment. Definentley would not recommend ."

Lo lo crap February 6, 2016

"Lo Loestrin was a MIRACLE for my face. I struggled with acne as a young teenager and it eventually cleared in time, but when I went off to college my stress level sky rocketed. I got switched to Lo Loestrin and haven't had a zit since then. I have combination to oily skin type and I have noticed a big difference in to amount of oil on my skin! It's even helped even my skin tone out! Love love love this brand!"

Hannah0896 February 5, 2016

"I am BEYOND angry at how terrible my skin broke out while using this medication. It was a mystery to myself and family when my face began to break out terribly, to the point where I was prescribed oral acne medication and the painful cysts still didn't go away. This medication almost ruined my skin, I am so thankful I stopped when I did and read these reviews! It's honestly infuriating that this was the cause! I stopped taking this pill about a week ago and my skin has already cleared up substantially. Do not recommend!!!!"

UGHHhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

"I been taking this pill for about 8 months and let me tell u what a Nightmare at 32 I thought I had left my acne problems in my teens.. I been depressed crazy anxiety from the bad acne this pill has giving me white heads and cysts like pimples all over my chin.. Don't recommend this to anyone!!!"

Lady_g January 18, 2016

"It's funny because I usually get a break out here and there like every normal girl and I thought maybe this was just a coincidence that I was horrendously breaking out. I'm talking huge pimples plastered on my checks and little white heads all over my forehead. I thought maybe it was a coincidence till I read reviews and seen that this causes acne for a lot of people. I quit taking it 2 days ago, and my face is already immediately clearing back up again. I think I'll just stick to condoms. Birth control has been a night mare for my face."

Heatth (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

"This so far has been the only pill/birth control where I don't feel emotionally unstable; I feel like my regular self. HOWEVER, I have noticed a significant increase in pimples: breakouts on my face. It looks terrible, like connecting the dots. I feel like I'm just going to deal with it because it's the lesser of the two evils. Also, this is only my second pack of if, but I did have 2 periods in one cycle. I've never had that with another birth control. Probably going to get another pack at my next appt. I would much rather feel emotionally normal than have perfect skin. Yes, my skin is looking bad. But not many other options!"

EmmJee January 11, 2016

"Why would you prescribe someone with acne this medication to clear it up if it only makes it so much worse? I had a few pimples and black heads and now I'm covered in all sorts of acne including cystic and white heads all over my face. I've cried a lot and have been so embarrassed and I'm just now realizing from these reviews that it's a trend to have horrible acne from taking these pills. No idea what I should do about it now except to spread the news to people that are thinking about taking this pill to not waste your time I and apparently so many others have suffered."

Upsetbitch December 31, 2015

"IT WAS HORRIBLE. Hated my life while taking it. Never had bad acne before until this. During the second week of taking loestrin I got really bad and painful cystic acne. It wasn't just on my face, it was all over my body. It got to a point where I didn't feel like walking out of my house because of it. Mind you, this happened over the course of only 2 weeks. I also felt super depressed and moody, nauseous. I didn't feel like myself. It helped my cramps, but it definitely not worth it. Switching to another bc. I was hopeful everything would be fine, but it turned out to be a hellish experience. Would not recommend to anyone for sure."

Hateloestrin1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015