User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

3.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 431 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Acne

"Absolutely hated this birth control pill. Within a few days of taking it, the cystic acne started and I read some reviews urging people to stick with it and it'd get better, so I did for 6 months, but this wasn't the case for me. My skin got worse.. A lot worse. My skin wasn't great to begin with, but it was horrible on loestrin. Whole face covered in under the skin bumps and large cystic acne on cheeks and chin. Been off of it for almost 4 months and I can't seem to get the acne gone now. So frustrating. No other side effects"

Angryacne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2016

"Absolutely terrible, this pill made me depressed, angry, and anxious. I can barely sleep at night, and it's causing my cheeks to break out (I've never had acne on my cheeks...). I've also had to go to the doctor because I fainted multiple times (note: I have never ever fainted or even come close to it) along with being lightheaded, nauseous, and having no appetite whatsoever. I'm 19, and I've been on it about 3 months. Would not recommend unless you want to be a completely different person (for the worst). The one good thing is I haven't had a period since I've been on it."

Sky123 July 29, 2016

"Was on Microgestin 1/20 but was making me depressed, so doctor prescribed this. Really only taking this to regulate periods and help clear up acne. Took the pill for THREE nights and already have three huge cystic pimples on my face... I rarely get cystic pimples, usually just some whiteheads around time of period. Also felt extremely nauseous and lightheaded. Not continuing with this... it is different for everyone, but not worth it for me."

steer clear June 30, 2016

"I've ALSO never left a review for anything in my life, but reading these responses was a lifesaver for me, so I need to pay it forward. I have been on nuvaring, yaz & orthotricyclen lo over the past 15 years and my skin has been pretty much flawless my whole life (I'm 29). In April 2016 I told my doctor I wanted to switch to whichever birth control had the lowest dose of hormones, as I figured that was just the healthiest thing to do. After a week on this garbage I started having HORRIBLE cystic acne with whiteheads on my chin and some on my jawline. My diet and exercise routine are super solid. I don't eat dairy or gluten. I'm not on any other medications. So it's pretty obvious the loloestrin FE is the culprit here."

KLM518754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2016

"The first couple months I was on this, it was perfect. It regulated me as I never really had a regular cycle maybe 4 times per year. Then I became so emotional, constantly crying and depressed. As prior to taking this I would've never let anyone se me cry. I had increased anxiety. I also had went from hardly any periods to 2 periods per pack. I guess it was thought as me making up for lost time. I never had any trouble with acne, a few breakouts before my cycle but very minimal. No weight gain."

Fitgirl89677 June 11, 2016

"I really had no issues with being on the med, until the horrible cystic acne on my chin began and continued!! I am 46 and have never experienced this kind of acne in my life. So embarrassing. It is painful & gross. I am stopping this pill. Was so glad to see other posts about this horrible med."

LR32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2016

"Like many other posts, I'm not one to write reviews. However, to add to the list of complaints, this birth control has made my face horrible. I've always had great skin, after being on it for a mere 5 weeks I am shocked every time I look in the mirror. I am switching tomorrow. Not only acne, but I have gained 5 pounds in the 5 weeks and also have had a couple anxiety attacks which is very unlike me. Not only do I want to share my experience, but if I am in any place for advice; I advise not to get on this pill."

Pretty underwhelming (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

"Omg...I'm so glad I read these reviews. Started to breakout immediately after the first week. White pimples and cystic ones on my chin and around my nostrils. I'm so embarrassed never had acne problems my face even hurts from the breakouts. Yesterday was my last day of taking it."

Claucarr (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2016

"This is the worst birth control I have been on. I would not recommend this birth control to my worst enemy. I was on it for 3 months and had the worst mood swings, depression and worst acne that I still suffer from even after 2 months being off it. I never usually write reviews online but knew I had to warn anybody thinking about going on this product. I had such a clear face before I began this birth control, a few minor zits during my period but that's normal for anybody, but after this I still have red cystic acne... It's horrible. I used to be able to wear no makeup, no I can't even leave the house without makeup because I'm too self conscious of my acne. DO NOT GO ON THIS BIRTH CONTROL."

Bribig April 2, 2016

"My doctor prescribe me this birth control pill saying I will have fewer to almost no periods after being on the this pill! And I didn't see anything wrong until about 7 days into taking the pill. My face broke out terribly!!!!! Like horrible, I hate going into work or outside because I have these huge under the bump on my chin and cheeks. I usually have a few breakouts on my period but neverrrrrr like this. I don't like even living my house unless necessary. I would not recommend this birth control unless you are willing to deal with having bad skin. I'll take a longer menstrual anything or feel unconfident of my skin"

JazzyJazzyy March 21, 2016

"I've always had terrible, oily skin so my doctor finally put me on Loestrin. It took my skin a couple months to stop breaking out but now it is near perfect! I even have people complimenting me on my skin now which believe me would never have happened before. Also has completely stopped my period and I now only have mild symptoms."

Julia11112222 February 12, 2016

"Wow same problem here! Chin zits just like the big undergrounders that you would get in high school. On top of that my mood swings are seriously out of control. I can just snap at any moment. Definentley would not recommend ."

Lo lo crap February 6, 2016

"Lo Loestrin was a MIRACLE for my face. I struggled with acne as a young teenager and it eventually cleared in time, but when I went off to college my stress level sky rocketed. I got switched to Lo Loestrin and haven't had a zit since then. I have combination to oily skin type and I have noticed a big difference in to amount of oil on my skin! It's even helped even my skin tone out! Love love love this brand!"

Hannah0896 February 5, 2016

"I am BEYOND angry at how terrible my skin broke out while using this medication. It was a mystery to myself and family when my face began to break out terribly, to the point where I was prescribed oral acne medication and the painful cysts still didn't go away. This medication almost ruined my skin, I am so thankful I stopped when I did and read these reviews! It's honestly infuriating that this was the cause! I stopped taking this pill about a week ago and my skin has already cleared up substantially. Do not recommend!!!!"

UGHHhh (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2016

"I been taking this pill for about 8 months and let me tell u what a Nightmare at 32 I thought I had left my acne problems in my teens.. I been depressed crazy anxiety from the bad acne this pill has giving me white heads and cysts like pimples all over my chin.. Don't recommend this to anyone!!!"

Lady_g January 18, 2016

"It's funny because I usually get a break out here and there like every normal girl and I thought maybe this was just a coincidence that I was horrendously breaking out. I'm talking huge pimples plastered on my checks and little white heads all over my forehead. I thought maybe it was a coincidence till I read reviews and seen that this causes acne for a lot of people. I quit taking it 2 days ago, and my face is already immediately clearing back up again. I think I'll just stick to condoms. Birth control has been a night mare for my face."

Heatth (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

"This so far has been the only pill/birth control where I don't feel emotionally unstable; I feel like my regular self. HOWEVER, I have noticed a significant increase in pimples: breakouts on my face. It looks terrible, like connecting the dots. I feel like I'm just going to deal with it because it's the lesser of the two evils. Also, this is only my second pack of if, but I did have 2 periods in one cycle. I've never had that with another birth control. Probably going to get another pack at my next appt. I would much rather feel emotionally normal than have perfect skin. Yes, my skin is looking bad. But not many other options!"

EmmJee January 11, 2016

"Why would you prescribe someone with acne this medication to clear it up if it only makes it so much worse? I had a few pimples and black heads and now I'm covered in all sorts of acne including cystic and white heads all over my face. I've cried a lot and have been so embarrassed and I'm just now realizing from these reviews that it's a trend to have horrible acne from taking these pills. No idea what I should do about it now except to spread the news to people that are thinking about taking this pill to not waste your time I and apparently so many others have suffered."

Upsetbitch December 31, 2015

"IT WAS HORRIBLE. Hated my life while taking it. Never had bad acne before until this. During the second week of taking loestrin I got really bad and painful cystic acne. It wasn't just on my face, it was all over my body. It got to a point where I didn't feel like walking out of my house because of it. Mind you, this happened over the course of only 2 weeks. I also felt super depressed and moody, nauseous. I didn't feel like myself. It helped my cramps, but it definitely not worth it. Switching to another bc. I was hopeful everything would be fine, but it turned out to be a hellish experience. Would not recommend to anyone for sure."

Hateloestrin1 (taken for less than 1 month) December 5, 2015

"My gynecologist gave me this pill to "regulate my hormones (periods)" and it was the worst decision ever. I ended up quitting the pill after I reached a month because it gave me THE WORST ACNE OF MY LIFE (which I'm still suffering from a month after quitting), mood swings, depression, and HORRIBLE BLOATING! And I have suffered from acne all my teen years (17 now) but it was regular hormonal kind of acne I would get during that time of the month. I actually had pretty bad acne earBut the acne I have now is on a whole other level.. And to top it all off, the pill didn't even do what it was supposed to do. I didn't get my period while on this pill and now I have regular period again. I wish I would've never taken this pill!!!!!"

Em2898 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

"This is literally a nightmare for your skin. On the week where you aren't taking the pill, my skin literally dried up. And almost immediately on the first day of taking the the pill after the break week, I will wake up the next morning with a cyst or two on my chin. I am done using this for good. Destroys your skin."

Lady Beck September 15, 2015

"I never breakout ever ( only when i was a teen) I always got compliments for my skin and this has made me breakout, i been getting lots of leg cramps too and spotting all over my cycle. Emotionaly im the about the same. Ive never taken birth control and i think from my experience on this is not worth it."

Liss MM July 21, 2015

"This birth control pill has negatively impacted my life. I am currently suffering from cystic acne, constant bloating, depression, and mood swings. My appetite has increased, but the most notable thing just how badly I feel. I've been on this pill for 4 months. My hope was that everything would balance out, but it still has not and it literally feels like this pill is killing me."

A. Nicole May 8, 2015

"I changed from the POP to Loestrin about a month ago specially to clear up spots, it is great if you want a regular light period however don't go near it if you're looking for acne relief! Has made my face go from a few pimples to a horrible mess! Also has caused some uncomfortable and not nice looking bloating :( Managed to change pills and recommend Doxycyline for Acne relief instead of the pill as none of these side affects and works well!"

AAAAAAAAAAA797 March 31, 2015

"I've been on Lo loestrin fe for about two months and I have had extreme cyst acne I have bloating on my mid stomach and a very oily face I am 17."

Jamie jay October 16, 2014