User Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe

Learn more about Loestrin 24 Fe.

Loestrin 24 Fe Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 152 medications used in the treatment of Abnormal Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Loestrin 24 Fe to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

"I do not recommend this pill. After being off birth control for 7 years i wanted to go back on. My DR prescribed it to me saying "most" people don't get their periods or many side effects at all. After one week of taking the first blue pills the bleeding started. Not to mention the unbearable cramps and back pain. The mood swings, crying for no reason. Day 4 of bleeding today and not only is it still there but it has gotten even worse. I gave it a few days but after this morning I am NOT taking this pill anymore and I don't even know if I'll go on back on another after this horrible experience. Luckily my insurance covered most of this but STILL. Stopping halfway through pack. DO NOT GO ON THIS PILL!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 5th month on this pill (in my 40s prescribed for abnormally heavy menstrual bleeding). I keep getting my period while on the blue pills and then AGAIN when I start the white. Period is lighter but getting it twice a month seems like an unfair price. Kept sticking with it bc I like that it is low dose but I'm just not sure it's right for me. Will probably call my doctor Monday. Was so hopeful this could help me. Also.... moderate menstrual cramps experienced on this pill. I haven't had those in years."

Anonymous December 4, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on Lo Loestrin FE for about 8 months. I was placed on Lo Loestrin due to excessive bleeding as a side effect to another medication. My cycles over the last 8 months have been on one month and off the next month, however this month it all changed. The week my cycle should have come on, it failed to do so and this would have been my on again month. There is absolutely no chance that I am pregnant. I started my new pill pack and my cycle decided to come on the same day. I am now into my second week of blue pills and my cycle is still on.I can't take my other medication during this time because it causes excessive bleeding and clots. Don't know what to do next."

Deme 2 November 14, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"So I started this pill and was excited but had to stop right in the middle of the pack. I mean out of nowhere, there is a burst of bleeding. I went to the bathroom and it's like my period snuck up on me and it was almost 2 weeks before my period is due. There was lots of clots and brown yucky stuff. On top of all that my moods were really crazy. I would be lying in my bed and would feel like crying and then be okay the next moment. I have only been off now for two days cause I just couldn't take the crazy mood swings and the bleeding anymore. I also noticed a great deal of fatigue and even that has changed even after just 2 days off of loestrin. It's not worth it and I cannot wait for it to be out of my system."

I Quit Right in the Middle August 31, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on the pill for three months. Originally because I'd get my period for 7-8 days very heavy and it would make me anemic. Although it's helped with the heavy bleeding I'm getting my period every 2 weeks accompanied by the bad headaches. I decided that the 7-8 days once a month no pill is a better option."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had no trouble the first month, but had a very heavy period at the end of it and then had breakthrough bleeding all month (varying in quantity) for the second month. I thought I'd be all bled out after that and have a light period, but it was heavy again. That was enough for me, and I switched to Ortho Tri-Cyclin Lo (which is what ended up working). No side effects other than the breakthrough bleeding, but that was enough."

Maruka2 June 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The first month was ok, but this is my second month of use, and I started bleeding (moderately) in the second week of the pill pack! No fair! I should be into the "no bleeding zone" right now! I am less than thrilled. I feel gross, bloated, and have cramping and low back pain. I am only on the pill to keep regular, to avoid anemia, but this month it's doing just the opposite! I don't know if I should stay on it and give it more time, or go to something else. Ugh!"

Suz3328 May 27, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started this birth control and it has been the worse experience. My periods were,ways regular on time, and I barely got cramps or back pain. On this pill I have been getting really bad back pain and bad cramps to the point it wakes me up at night. I never spotted and on this pill I spot every two weeks but this month it feels as a regular period.... Its not convenient whatsoever. The only pro I could say is a bit larger breasts. That's it!"

Dont recommemd October 10, 2015

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm new to this medication. I notice my fluttering and pounding heart wakes me up, I'm slightly dizzy even when sitting still or lying down, a few days I've had terrible heartburn, some nausea so strong that I took Nauzene and tums with some relief, icepick stabbing headache, headache around my temples that's not relieved by relaxation or aspirin or drinking a lot of water and is relieved somewhat with Aleve, tinnitis, trouble staying asleep even though I keep my normal schedule and use my normal melatonin. I've been kind of sleepy, maybe due to waking up with the other issues. These symptoms are all uncommon for me and obviously caused by the pills. On the positive side I seem to be less moody and anxious than I was getting before."

pv12345 May 24, 2014

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This birth control is awesome as far as its effectiveness with preventing unplanned pregnancy and increasing your bra cup size! The only draw back I would say is that the pill had me bleeding constantly. It wasn't light spot bleeding but full cycle bleeding maybe 80% of the time for the first 2 months on the pill. Other than the bleeding the pill is great with no other side effects."

Anonymous October 25, 2012

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've read a lot of reviews on this birth control and everyone writes negative reviews so I'm going to give a positive one. I used to get very heavy 10-day periods before I went on this pill and I am now done to light to moderate 4 day periods and let me tell you, what a relief. I also used to get cramps so bad that sometimes I couldn't walk. Three months on this pill and the cramps had gone. I was 23 with horrible acne. I had it everywhere: cheeks, forehead, but especially on my chin. Three months after starting the pill and my skin cleared up tremendously. I hardly ever get a pimple but when I do its usually a small one around the time of my period. I gained no weight and my sex drive is as high as ever. I love this pill!"

Nikkia Nikkia (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2012

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I just finished my first month and it has been wonderful for me! I was using Seasonique from September to June, but I was constantly on my period with it and ever since I switched to Loestrin 24, I have only had my period on the designated days. I was originally given Seasonique because I had periods like 2 times a year and they would be horribly heavy and awful. My period on Loestrin 24 is light and easy to manage. It didn't cut down on any cramping, but Advil can easily cure that. I am so happy I switched! Very pleased!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2012

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my first month on Loestrin. I was prescribed this medication for uterine fibroids and cysts. Before my bleeding was non stop for months. The first day I started this pill my bleeding stopped. I have had no spotting at all so far. I have however had terrible mood swings, anxiety and I feel like I may be depressed."

Anonymous May 8, 2012

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started Loestrin 24 Fe about two weeks ago, and ever since I have had random spotting at least once a day. It took away my cramps and pains from my period but my period wont go away now. After I finish this pack I'll see what happens and if I should switch or not."

Anonymous January 20, 2012

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"For the past 5 months I have been having severe periods with extremely heavy bleeding to the point where I had to wear a pad and a tampon and I would bleed through both in a matter of hours (overnight pad and regular strength tampon). So I went to my obgyn. Turns out I have a big fibroid tumor, ovarian cyst, and most likely endometriosis which would explain why I had really bad cramps for a long time. She put me on Loestrin and I'm literally on the FOURTH pill and it has slowed down my bleeding so much. I did bleed through a little but I was only wearing a pad because I have surgery next week and I'm not allowed to use tampons before it. So I know this is a pretty early review but I'm really happy so far. No cramps at all."

Anonymous November 9, 2011

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on this pill which is my first birth control pill ever. I am 34 and the first month I took the pill I had some nausea which seemed to be on a timed schedule. I started the first pack on a Sunday and did not take the placebo pills at all. I just kept taking the active pills and the next month I did not have a period but by the second row of pack two I started spotting, and now that I am on pack three I have been bleeding for an entire month. I will take the placebo pills at the end of pack three because I think my results are my own fault, I just thought if I kept taking active pills I would not bleed at all. For the most part I have no issues that were not caused by my own actions, I have lost two dress sizes."

Anonymous October 31, 2011

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've only been on Loesrtin 24 Fe for a month now, side effects I have been having is cramping. I also started spotting and the cramps became a bit worse where I had to literally curl in a ball because it hurt so bad and I got a period that is just all clotting. I'm not sure if that's normal but maybe my body is just getting used to it. I notice a little increase in my breast size which is a plus for me, I will continue to take Loestrin with hopes that the cramping clears up and the clotting of my period because it worries me. Has anyone else had these issues? I sure hope my body becomes used to it and all my symptoms go away."

Bashful_Blue eyes October 7, 2011

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on Loestrin 24 because of abnormal periods after having my daughters. I did not experience any changes in mood (which is a first for me on birth control). My cup size increased during the first month and has stayed that size. The only negative side effect is that I developed are two dark spots (Melasma) above my upper lip, which is worsened by exposure to sun. As long as I use sun block, it is not getting worse but it does make me self conscience. Other than that, the pills is regulating me and effective birth control."

Anonymous August 17, 2011

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Loestrin 24 for a month now. My doctor prescribed it because I have had long periods in the past and other symptoms of low estrogen. I am also on Celexa to help stabilize the terrible depression and anxiety I get with my menstrual cycle. I started the pill on the first day of my period and my period stopped for two days and then I spotted for a week and a half before having a full period that lasted 8 days. Then I was without spotting or a period for a week before I made it to the brown pills. On the first day of the brown pills my period started again. So, I've pretty much been bleeding all month. I had terrible cramps for 4 days on the pill while I was having a full period. I usually don't get bad cramps."

Anonymous July 10, 2011

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am 25 and have three kids. This birth control has made me moody and cry over NOTHING. I am not a soppy person so this is VERY unlike me. I am also having headaches and HOT flashes. I CANT STAND it. And I still have acne and NO sex drive. My doctor put me on this for the pain I was having and it has lightened up, but I still have pain."

alicia444 June 10, 2011

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Loestrin 24 is definitely the best form of birth control out there. I have been taking it non stop for the last 6 years and I've never had a single problem while taking it. I always take it at the same time every single day and if by chance I miss a day, my periods were never longer. I had a little bit of acne before I started taking the pill and it definitely cleared it up for me. About weight gain, I never gained a pound except in my breasts. If anything, the pill actually allowed me to lose weight. The ONLY negative thing I have to say about Loestrin 24 is that it tends to be a little pricey but if you have insurance, it's definitely the best pill out there! I will never switch from this pill! Very satisfied!"

sarakk76 May 4, 2011

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 32 year old women and this is the first time that I've taken birth control pills. My doctor recommended birth control pills to alleviate the pain I was experiencing and heaving bleeding associated with uterine fibroids. I am currently on the second week of the pack and the only complaint I have at the moment is the breakthrough bleeding or spotting after my period. I've only been spotting for 5 days and hoping it will go away. I've noticed a new breakout--a pimple but occasional acne is normal for me. Haven't noticed any weight gain but after reading other reviews, I purchased a scale to monitor my weight. Will keep you posted as I continue to take the pill."

Anonymous April 5, 2011

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 4th month on Loestrin 24 to control "flooding" and premenopause symptoms. I feel like I have my life back! The first month I had a fairly heavy period, but not flooding. The second month was very light, the 3rd was just a little spotting. This month is fairly light. I can't believe I put up with the flooding for years! I was getting hormonal migraines several times a month and since I've been on the pill, I've gotten them only under heavy stress or during the non-estrogen pill days. I also had several other premenopause symptoms (like brain fog, irritability) that have mostly disappeared in the last few months. I don't seem to have any negative side effects. No weight gain or mood problems that I didn't have before."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I am a 40 yr old female with heavy bleeding and painful ovarian cysts. My gyn recommended this pill. I almost completed my sample pack. I am on the 2ndbrown pill and awaiting my period. It makes me nervous when I don't see my period. At least I am happy to read that I will see my period when I take the third brown pill. I have to say that the first month was rough. I had very bad headaches and I noticed I was very moody and even felt depressed. I did not experience any nausea or weight gain. I will stick it out for three months and see what will happen"

Anonymous December 2, 2010

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on about three different birth controls to regulate my heavy menstrual bleeding, the first one made me bleed the whole month, the second worked but my doctor was worried that such a high dosage especially at 15 wouldn't be good, the third I was on gave me my period every other week. Going onto Loestrin 24 Fe was really great, everything has gone well and I've been on it for over 8 months now and the only side effect I've had is the missed or light periods, they worry me. Other than that I would totally recommend this pill."

Anonymous November 23, 2010