User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 8)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Ash · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started on Sprintec and had a horrible experience. I was having 2-3 periods a month and my whole body itched. So I switched to Lo Lo per my Dr. I’m halfway through the first pack and yes there have been some side effects. My sex drive has not changed at all. No acne. No migraines thus far. No breakthrough bleeding. However there have been like two days where I was majorly depressed but that was while I was on my period so could have been hormone related. As of now I haven’t had any more depression. Don’t listen to the bad reviews. People who review it badly, well it just wasn’t for them. Just like Sprintec wasn’t for me at all. BC is a waiting game of finding what’s right and so far this one is definitely right for me!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Lo Loestrin FE 1/10 but unfortunately lost my job/health insurance so I was stuck with generic Microgestin 1.5/30 in the mean time. I loved Lo Lo and barely experienced any side effects on that so I was heartbroken to have to switch. Had pretty much every symptom in the book within the first month of Microgestin... acne flared up, EXTREMELY bloaty and gassy- felt like it took forever for food to digest, also felt like I had an extra layer of fat/water retention in my abdomen area, and omg the mood swings!! Awful... I was beyond irritable and wanted to cry all the time. Had really bad cramping the first couple weeks too... like cramping comparable to PMS. This is a pretty big jump in hormone dosage compared to what I’m used to and I don’t think I’ll be taking another month of this, it’s not worth it in my opinion, even short term. I’ll probably just wait until I have insurance again to go back on Lo Lo.”

Ecat12 · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 29, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Although I had positive experiences with this birth control Junel Fe 1/20 like no breakthrough bleeding, no mood changes, etc. I got pregnant. I did not miss any pills, was not on an antibiotic or any medication that could have interfered with the birth control and took it at the same time every day. Therefore I would not rate this as an overly effective birth control pill. I am starting it again now 1 month after delivering our unplanned (yet very loved) baby, but my husband also had a vasectomy.”

E · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 28, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Switched from generic pill (on it for several years) to Junel FE after a computer error at GYN. Figured I would be fine as I never had any problems with the pill. Month 1 okay, months 2&3 no period and extremely on edge. Not pregnant, just no period. Switched back to generic and immediately felt better and got my period regularly again.”

sas498 February 27, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My pharmacy switched me to Junel after my old pill was discontinued. I was on it for two months. The first month, I had the worst breakouts of my life all around my mouth; blind pimples that were incredibly painful and I couldn't pop for weeks. I have never had bad acne and it all started after starting Junel. In the second month, I had breakthrough bleeding a few days before my period should have started (I have never experienced this before). Once my placebo pills started, I had clumpy brown discharge for the first 3 days and then my period finally started on the 4th day (never experienced the clumpy discharge the first few days of the placebo pills). After starting Junel, I became irritated by the smallest things. Everything made me cry, I was screaming at my boyfriend over stupid situations, and my emotions being all over the place have taken a huge toll on my relationship. I get that everyone reacts differently to birth control pills, but this one is honestly terrible.”

BlisoviistheDevil · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I definitely started noticing that my ANXIETY has been through the roof since I was switched to Blisovi 24 fe. I have never been an anxious person but being a mother of 2 daughters, I just assumed it was normal to be stressed all the time, but it has changed me. I feel like I have developed social anxiety, as well. All of these things that I couldn't explain... Then, I see the reviews at a 3.2!! WOW!! That is the WORST RATING on this site!!!! I am switching to Sprintec today. Please don't ignore your symptoms! If you feel different in your own body, listen to your intuition!”

Mel · Taken for less than 1 month February 27, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started lo Loestrin 10 days ago. It has been great so far. No spotting, bleeding, or side effects except I felt nauseous for two day around lunch time... I will update soon. I had the mirena for 3 years and it was great, but then I started having hot flashes for the last year and couldn't figure it out. I knew it had to be related to the IUD.. When they removed it the hot flashes went away. Also, I had this chronic back pain like it was my SI joint and my right foot would go numb sometimes.. I had 4 SI injections and switched jobs. But it didn't help. When they removed the IUD it went away!!! Dr. Said it must have been on a nerve in uterus.”

Aubrey February 27, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this pill fJujnel Fe 1/20 or over a year and I have honestly had no issues with it whatsoever! I was on the mini-pill previously and that was tough with having a rare and unpredictable period so I switched to a combo pill. I was honestly so skeptical at first because this doesn’t have the best reviews on here but honestly everything has been good for the past year! This allowed my hormones to be regular, helped to clear up my skin, and best of all prevent pregnancy without any horrible side effects. I did have breakthrough bleeding for a month or two there but it hasn’t come back since the beginning. Starting this new birth control was scary with all the possible side effects and some of these review horror stories, but it was a good choice. Personally, I have had no issues with this birth control and would not hesitate to recommend it to a friend. As I said before, I have had no issues and will stay on this pill for hopefully years to come.”

Ally February 26, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Just about to start my 4th month pill pack in a couple days. My first month I noticed I was more emotional and just so sensitive. I spotted a bit during the placebo pills that first month. The next month I was fine mood wise and didn’t spot during the placebo pills. Two weeks into the 3rd pill pack and I was noticing I was moody, my boobs hurt, and I was so bloated. It felt like I was PMSing. I now have a heavier than normal when on the pill but still lighter than a regular period (just much heavier than if I was spotting) and this is all happening few days before the placebo pills. I take the pill every day at the same time. I can’t wait to see my doctor to discuss a better birth control option because i can see from the reviews and my experience, this isn’t a great one.”

dee · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “On Junel Fe 1/20 for one month so far. My face acne cleared up, but then I got back acne, hoping it will go away.. Losing my appetite, feel like I'm eating just to survive. No weight gain yet. It hasn't affected my emotions like other pills have (yet), although I eat healthy and exercise 4-5 times a week. I think this helps with how your body responds to the pills hormones. Three periods in one month, that sucked. Mostly spotting. Hoping next month will be better. I will update this review. I think the pill is worth it so far.”

HSNYC February 24, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was on Junel FE for over 8 years. It was given to me in middle school because I had such horrible cramps I couldn't leave my house. Middle school and high school I didn't really have side effects. My sophomore year of college it started to give me vaginal burning and dryness. The dryness stayed, but the vaginal burning would come and go. I noticed I had frequent yeast infections throughout high school and college on the pill. I finally stopped Junel last month because it gave me breast cysts after over 8 years of use. For the last three months that I was on Junel, I had extreme breast pain every single day of the month. The last month that I was on birth control the pain in my breasts was so bad that I would cry out in pain everyday. Off it a month and my breast pain is gone, my headaches have significantly improved. At 22 it gave me painful breasts and cysts so I had to stop it for fear of getting breast cancer. Also, gave me horrible anxiety during last year on it.”

lauren · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 24, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this pill for about 1-2 years. During the first week, I was horribly nauseous and I broke out all over cheeks. HOWEVER, it got a lot better for me at least and I rarely get acne (although I didn’t take it for that and I didn’t have severe acne before starting it). I take anti-anxiety pills as well so if I do get sad, I don’t assume it’s due to my pill. It regulates my period and has helped with my cramps. I hope my review helps :)”

Lynn · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This was my first birth control and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. My skin was clear and my cramps weren't bad before taking this birth control. After about 3 weeks of taking it, I started breaking out and getting the worst cramps of my life. I kept on getting nonstop, painful breakouts that wouldn't go away. This pill has also caused me to have terrible mood swings, I've gained 5 lbs in 2 months, and I have been depressed and have had heightened anxiety. Wish I never took this pill!!”

Liz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 24, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started this BC Lo Lo in September and have since gained 27 pounds despite a healthy diet and exercise. I have little to no energy, experience several depression days a month and just don’t feel like myself at all anymore. I also cramp basically all month but barely bleed when my period comes around.”

Natalie · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 24, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I had a very positive experience on Blisovi. I took it for approximately 3 years, and just switched over to the Nexplanon implant because I wanted something a little more fool-proof as far as birth control goes. Blisovi helped manage my PMS symptoms significantly and I experienced no negative mental health or physical side effects from taking it. My periods were very light and lasted 4 days.”

Jas · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “So, I used to be on Junel Fe, which worked great for me. I didnt notice any side effects at all, so to hear so many having trouble finding a decent BC was shocking. Unfortunately, my pharmacy stopped carrying it, without notice, so I had to look elsewhere. I transferred to one that was supposed to have it, yet they just gave me Blisovi fe instead. I didn't mind it, at first. But I have had the worse experience on this pill. Every bad side effect you can imagine. I constantly will get random nausea and bad head aches. I used to be in the low 120s in weight and am now 133 pounds. That is crazy to put on, when my diet has been consistent for years. I don't recommend this pill for anyone. Some may be okay to take it, but I don't think it's worth the time.”

Vicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 24, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Omg thank god I read all these reviews . This pill has made me get so depressed , nothing makes me happy anymore and I was thinking of going to a psychiatrist!!!! This is the worst feeling ever I felt helpless and cried a lot . I am calling my doctor tomorrow and letting her know . Thank you to all for the reviews because this feeling isn’t good . I kept trying to talk myself out of it and trying not to cry in front of people for no reason .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month February 24, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I just took this pill for 2 days and the side effects were awful. I was very depressed/sad and had really dark thoughts. Glad I read the reviews and figured out this pill was causing it. Horrible!!!!”

Meg · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 23, 2020

Loestrin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I hated being on this birth control. I switch from the patch that was throwing my liver out of control. My doctor suggested this low dose birth control. I thought this will be awesome. I was horribly wrong. I went from having a period once a month to bleeding heavily every 2 weeks. After about a month I started losing a lot of hair, I called my doctor he said it could take a few months to normalize. Finally started having a period once a month but I would start when I still had 8 days of active pills left. Then it went to nothing for 3 months, great right? Then bam 2 week heavy period, cramps for days. I noticed my skin was having more breakouts that wouldn't go away. My under control depression went crazy. Biggest mood swings one minute I'm happy go lucky the next I'm a rage case the next moment I'm uncontrollably sad. I finally couldn't handle it and got put on a different birth control. I know every women is different. But this one def. wasn't for me.”

Akay · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 23, 2020

Blisovi 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I love this birth control!!! I’ve been taking it for over 2 years now! I also deal with depression and anxiety, but this medication has done nothing to enhance it! I have not gained weight with this pill as I have with others in the past! My hair has changed texture completely and is now shinier and better than it has ever been!”

Junel Pill · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I almost been on this pill for almost a month and I don't know if its just me but I take my pill at night. And then feel depression in the morning and now feeling anxiety I don't even know why because my life is great! The only thing I could think right now is this new pill I just started. As a kid I used to have depression and anxiety I haven’t felt those sad feelings in about 10years now. My doctor said to give it about 3 months but after seeing other people’s reviews & info on this pill . I just don’t know might stop before it’s gets bad off because the side effects is already rubbing off on me.”

Gabby · Taken for less than 1 month February 23, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “So I got on this pill bc all my friends have babies and I was like now way. Lol. No. So I just want to say my first 4 days went great. Skin was clearing. Appetite curbed. Great. Day 5 hit and so did the dizziness and migraines and random nausea. I ignored it because all my friends said it’s normal. Then I got my period again. Extremely dark blood. Now, day 6 I’m ending taking it. When I say my body is a 12/10 on pain I mean I can’t leave bed without puking. I’ve cried all day. Leaking dark brown blood. No sex drive AT ALL. Migraines. Everything. Worst decision ever. I can’t even eat. I’m hoping I can recover quickly from this torture I put my poor body through.”

Theresa · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on birth control pills for 24 years My gynecologist put me on this brand A birth control the first 4 to 5 months were wonderful I had no breakthrough bleeding no. Then on my six pack I had my period for six days stopped for 10 and here I am having breakthrough bleeding yet again this pill makes me emotionally unsteady don’t want to have sex seeing my gynecologist this Wednesday to switch it again I don’t recommend this pill”

Ab · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 22, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “After 3 different birth control pills my OB decided to put me on low estrogen so I got Lo Lo. I had gained about 20 pounds off of past birth controls - not directly from the pill they just made me hungrier - but being on this pill I've lost about 15 pounds of it. I’m less lethargic on this pill and my sex drive has remained fine. The only negative is that if I miss a pill even just for an hour or two and take it the next morning I bleed. But then I don’t get my period on my “period week”, very strange but it doesn’t cause too many problems because it’s extremely light when it does come. A little bit of breakouts here and there but this is by far the best birth control I’ve been on, I feel more like myself on it.”

Sad February 20, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I honestly would not recommend this BC. I decided after 2 years without BC I would get back on to see if it helped my skin. My skin had the usual break out from periods and from stress but was always tolerable and never really bothered me. I used to take Tarina FE which, and when I went for my doctors visit she prescribed me this one which I was okay with starting, Blisovi FE. I began taking the BC and I started breaking out HORRIBLY. I thought it was just something that my body had to adjust but after the first month it started to feel like every time I took the pill a pimple would form. Cystic pimples. I’ve never been so depressed in my life. I seriously wish I never started this, there isn’t a day I don’t cry. Do not recommend.”