User Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone to treat Birth Control (Page 7)

Also known as: Junel Fe 1/20, Blisovi Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Taytulla, Blisovi 24 Fe, Lo Loestrin Fe, Junel Fe 1.5/30, Junel Fe 24, Loestrin 21 1/20, Loestrin Fe 1.5/30, Larin Fe 1/20, Microgestin 1.5/30, Briellyn, Mibelas 24 Fe, Larin 24 Fe, Hailey Fe 1/20, Minastrin 24 Fe, Brevicon, Ortho-Novum 7/7/7, femhrt, Nortrel 1/35, Nortrel 0.5/35, Zenchent, Aurovela Fe 1.5/30, Aurovela Fe 1/20, Dasetta 1/35, Alyacen 1/35, Charlotte 24 Fe, Blisovi Fe 1.5/30, Layolis Fe, Generess Fe, Gildess 24 Fe, Hailey 24 Fe, Wera, Wymzya Fe, Pirmella 7/7/7, Pirmella 1/35, Cyclafem 1/35, Cyclafem 7/7/7, Gildess Fe 1.5/30, Norinyl 1+35, Gildess Fe 1/20, Jinteli, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Loestrin 21 1.5/30, Necon 0.5/35, Estrostep Fe, Tarina Fe 1/20, Microgestin Fe 1.5/30, Nortrel 7/7/7, Necon 7/7/7, Aranelle, Microgestin 1/20, Leena, Junel 1.5/30, Zenchent Fe, Junel 1/20, Loestrin 24 Fe, Balziva, Femcon Fe, Nylia 7/7/7, Cyonanz, Nylia 1/35, Aurovela 24 Fe, Aurovela 1/20, Tarina 24 Fe, Leribane, Aurovela 1.5/30, Fyavolv, Cyclafem 0.5/35, Kaitlib Fe, Tri-Legest, Gildagia, Tri-Legest Fe Tilia Fe Lomedia 24 Fe Dasetta Dasetta 7/7/7 Philith Hailey 1.5/30 Hailey Fe 1.5/30 Nexesta Fe Alyacen 7/7/7 Larin Fe 1.5/30 Gildess 1.5/30 Melodetta 24 Fe Gildess 1/20 Vyfemla Larin 1.5/30 Finzala Larin 1/20 Chabelina Fe …show all brand names

Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone Rating Summary

5.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 268 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ethinyl estradiol/norethindrone

Haille April 19, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I wanna start by saying EVERYONE has a different body. My sister takes the generic brand of Loestrin and LOVES IT!! My friend got the shot and swears by it. I only took the pills for 12 days and I’m stopping MID PACK. Here is what I noticed. 1. I was getting cramps and they hurt kind of bad. 2. I was nauseous and didn’t want to eat sometimes because I was scared to vomit. 3. I have started spotting and not stopped yet 4. I am breaking out again and I have always struggled with acne. I got my skin clear a bout a year ago with spironolactone and epiduo so seeing my skin sh*t itself in 12 days was the one of the last straws. LASTLY my mother said she gained weight on BC so considering genetics I wanted to keep my body how it was. I called a pharmacist and he told me the worst thing that would happen if stopped mid pack would be mood swings due to an imbalance of hormones. Good luck ladies !!”

Mhm · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 19, 2020

Nortrel 1/35 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I had been on less strong pills before switching to this one, and I wish I never switched. This pill is absolutely awful. Prolonged bleeding and continuous spotting, terrible. TERRIBLE. constipation and bloating, and extreme anxiety and depression. Only pro is that my skin has been doing better. I wouldn’t give this pill to my worst enemy.”

Furious April 11, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My 18 year old daughter was prescribed Larin Fe 1/20 to control cramping and acne. This was in May 2019. In September 2019 while at college she was complaining of shortness of breath. The school's health center gave her an inhaler. By October she was having trouble breathing walking around campus. On October 18th she called me and said she couldn't walk to her bathroom without feeling like she couldn't breathe. She went to the heath center, which sent her directly to the Emergency Room. She was diagnosed with bilateral Pulmonary Embolisms!!!! All a result of taking this drug. She had no other social or medical factors that would have given her these embolisms. She ended up in a cardiac cath lab and ICU to pump medicine into her lungs to dissolve these clots. DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. If this could happen to my daughter, who was a very active, athletic 18 year old - who never smoked or vaped and no family or medical history - this could happen to you!!!!”

Kenzie · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 8, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been taking this Tarina Fe 1/20 pill for 4 months now. My periods have definitely become a lot lighter since taking the pill. They were irregular for the first two months but the last couple of months they have been normal and are lighter than they used to be. The pill has caused me to gain some weight (about 5 pounds) since I started taking it. This all happened within the first month and my weight has stayed the same since. The pill does cause some random cramps. But it does everything it’s supposed to do.”

Pyper · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have taken this birth control before and I was not a huge fan so I decided that when I need to start taking it again I would. After about 6 months I decided to get back on birth control. This time around less than a week later I started experiencing horrible mood swings. I have depression and multiple anxiety disorders and since starting this pill it made them all so much worse. I also got really bad sweats and my acne got worse. I didn’t notice any weight changes. I also experienced spotting this time around which was odd. I would not recommend this to a friend.”

Sore Titties · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been taking Junel fe for almost 3 months now and the only problem I’ve had was sore breasts. My period came the first month but the second month I only bled the first day and spotted throughout the rest of the 7 days. I also had mood swings the first month but after that I was fine.”

Ohiogirl April 7, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I wanted to share my experience with this birth control because of the bad reviews. I’ve been on it for about two months now and the only bad side effect I’ve had is sore breasts (they are REALLY sore before my period, to the point I need to put ice on them). Other than that, I’ve really liked this pill. I’m a 23 y/o with an average diet and I workout 3-4 times a week. I haven’t had any weight gain or issues with cravings on it yet. My sex drive doesn't feel like it’s changed, but I also have a pretty high one so maybe it’s just become more normal. I had some light spotting when I first started the pill but it regulated quickly. I previously took Camilla and spotted ALL the time, even after using the pill religiously for a year. My gynecologist said it’s possible on June that I’ll get to the point where I have no periods at all. Overall, I’ve had a pretty good experience so I would just recommend trying it if your doctor thinks it could work best with your body.”

jaylajada · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “So I recently had to switch to this birth control Junel Fe 24 from Lo Loestrin because my insurance would no longer cover it. Btw Lo Loestrin wasn’t good for me either. It made me severely depressed and anxious. Anyways, I’m towards the end of my second pack and I haven’t got my period once. My sex drive is also low and every time I have sex it hurts so bad (which I read is a side effect of this pill) I'm switching to a different birth control brand and if that doesn’t work out for me I’m seriously gonna freak out”

dylime April 6, 2020

Junel Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I've been using NuvaRing for the past 7 years which I loved. I'm about to lose my insurance so I decided to make the switch back to the pill for a cheaper out of pocket expense. I heard horror stories about this pill but wanted to share my experience since it's been nothing but great! Although I loved NuvaRing, I had zero sex drive and was constantly bloated whether I was on my period or not. Since starting Junel, the bloating has stopped and my sex drive is up. I haven't noticed any mood swings or increased anxiety or sadness. I do experience breakouts but only when I'm on the week break before my next pack. My period is about 4 days long, it immediately starts, like a couple hours after the first placebo, but again it only lasts 3-4 days. All in all, this pill has been really effective for me. I know everyones experience with birth control is different but wanted to share a positive experience about this pill specifically.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 4, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Microgestin Fe 1.5/30 Saved my skin! I never had problematic skin, but I changed my birth control a few months back to blisovi fe 1.5/30 and it caused me to have enlarged, swollen cystic pimples. I was hopeless, nothing was working. I finally decided to change birth controls again, realizing my skin problems arose after going on blisovi. My skin is now finally clearing up after going on this birth control. I haven’t had any bad side effects!”

Yeet · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 29, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This was the first time I've ever tried birth control in order to curb my PMDD symptoms. In terms of doing that, I wasn't getting depressed and suicidal like I usually would a week before my period (I was still agitated tho. That might tie into me getting off my anxiety meds). I experienced no nausea but what I did experience were longer periods. I was taking it continuously with no breaks (advised by my OBGYN) but the first two months I had 7 day periods (albeit light). And then.....my third month.....17 days in counting I have had my period.”

Mary · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’m 20 and I’m on my second pack of this pill Tarina, just started the third row. Ever since I started this pack, my acne has become VERY bad. My jaw is full of acne and there’s some above it on my lower cheeks. I’m happy that we’re being advised to stay indoors because I would be so embarrassed if people saw me this way. HOWEVER, I started taking this because of cramps and this pill made my last period a breeze. I didn’t even have to take any pain relievers(!!!)”

Jules · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 25, 2020

Junel Fe 24 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’m not great with keeping a SPECIFIC time but I always take this pill between 11:30am and 12pm. This pill should take about 3-6 months to regulate in your body. Within those months it’s normal to feel some mood swings, slight changes in period, &/or weight gain so don’t worry. Prior to this pill, my periods were 5-7 days tops. First period while being on this pill lasted 2 weeks, the second lasted a week. From the third month moving forward my periods last about 3-5 days tops with no ovulation. My period dates also shift a bit. I didn’t notice any mood swings until about the 6th month. To today I sometimes feel sad or depressed & I won’t know why. I also cry a lot easier now. It’s nothing I’m concerned over tho, not too bad, & the mood swings are easy for me to quickly get over. Positive side effect: my breasts have gotten noticeably bigger. My bf has also “finished” in me multiple times with no pregnancy outcome so the pill has been doing it’s job. I’d recommend”

Lunabioo · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2020

Mibelas 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This medication Mirelas 24 Fe is HORRIBLE. This took months off of my life that I will never ever get back. This put me through the worst 2 depressive episodes I have ever experiences. Not being able to THINK, not being able to function, literally in a daze, not being able to do basic things like shower, this thing made me emotionally numb for months. The only 2 times I have had these episodes were while I was put on this as a generic because they ran out of my real pill. This pill is a monster I will never go near it again. I would not wish my experience on my WORST enemy”

Lena March 23, 2020

Larin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Lalrin FE 1/20 doesn’t work like it should. I’ve been on it for 7 months and I’ve just started missing periods. I’m also having a lot of symptoms of pregnancy that I haven’t been having until now. I also took every single pill and haven’t missed any days. The only side affects I had were headaches and I guess my appetite.”

Anonymous March 23, 2020

Junel 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “Hello. I’ve been on Junel 1/20 for about 10 months now. It has been wonderful, besides the fact that my period won’t regulate. Before starting this pill I had a period every month around the same time and now I get it every other month only lasting about 4 days. On the months I don’t get it I spot for about 2 days. I’ve taken pregnancy tests even though I use this pill religiously as well as condoms and the results are negative. I don’t know if I should switch to another because being sexually active it’s very reassuring getting a period every month knowing you’re not pregnant.”

Mick · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 14, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “My insurance had changed my usual pill to this one Microgestin Fe 1/20 due to insurance and it has been terrible. I have constant depression and anxiety. I'm always angry over small things and it does not even help my heavy periods/cramping which is what I take the pill for. I will be switching again and paying the difference just so I don't have to go through this anymore.”

Piper · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 13, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “*UPDATE It is now March and I had to switch off the Junel bc I was getting severe chest / heart pains and had to get an EKG. I wanted to write about the symptoms I had for those months. Well, my pharmacy unexpectedly switched me to Microgestin the second month because Junel was "backordered". I was always extremely tired, nauseas and had a continuous splitting headache. Also I'm usually a person who is ALWAYS trying to have sex and since I was on Junel/Microgestin I am NEVER thinking of sex. No sex drive at all. Really sucks. Also because of my PCOS I still have severe bloating and pain. So the BC hasn't helped with that either but I understand it takes time. So now because of the chest pains/ other symptoms I am currently taking LoLoestrin. I am genuinely an anxious person so my gyno said this might help with my anxiety as well as my other issues. Hopefully this pill will be different. The chest pains have lowered but still kind of remain. I will update again. Hope this helps ladies.”

Bri · Taken for less than 1 month March 10, 2020

Blisovi Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I started taking Bilsovi after my pharmacy switched me from taytulla. I was only on it for a month and a half. Aside from the fact my skin was completely clear, the side effects were horrible for me. I gained some weight and my mood swings were horrible. I've never in my life experienced severe anxiety until taking this pill. I genuinely thought I was going crazy. I never struggled with panic attacks until this pill. Every morning I woke up anxious. I also experienced really bad cramping and pelvic pain. And mild breast tenderness. I ended up convincing myself I was pregnant. I’ve been off of it for a week now and I feel like my normal self. I’d be cautious on this one.”

anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2020

Junel Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I’ve been on this pill June Fe 1/20 for a little over three months now after I got switched from Larin. I never had any major side effects - no headaches, nausea, breast tenderness, etc. My cramping has reduced slightly, but not as much as hoped. The biggest problem is if I ever forget to take the pill and have to take two in one day I end up with severe nausea and vomiting, even if they’re spread apart.”

Deedee · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 4, 2020

Microgestin Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This medication made me SO depressed. I gained 40 lbs, cried every day, and had extremely irregular periods for the 5 months I was on it.”

Sarah · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 4, 2020

Taytulla (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “This was the first time I tried birth control and it was actually awesome. I’ll now be trying a new pill which I’m a little worried about because I feel like it won’t compare to Taytulla. The side effects I noticed were larger breasts, shorter and lighter period and fewer if any cramps at all. It was probably the best pill you can get with the fewest side effects”

Weight gain · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on this pill since September. Love the low dose hormone vs regular. I don’t feel moody or anxious compared to past pills but I have had a few days where I feel nauseous and can’t figure out why. Not sure if it’s the pill. No side effects except MASSIVE weight gain. My appetite is out of control and I am constantly bloated. I have put on 20+ pounds since I started and am freaking out about it. Not sure what to do, I don’t want to keep gaining.”

Doomy · Taken for less than 1 month March 3, 2020

Tarina Fe 1/20 (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I was skeptical of this birth control after reading reviews, but decided to give it a shot anyway. I started taking it toward the tail end of my period, and everything seemed okay, a little nausea but nothing too bad. But then two days after my period ended, I started bleeding again. HEAVY. Almost scary amounts of blood, especially considering my normal period was a bit heavier than usual as well. I was also insanely bloated compared to usual. The thing that’s making me quit is the mood changes. I burst into tears for no reason, which is SO unlike me, and I find myself being rude and on a short fuse out of nowhere. This is the first time I’ve taken birth control since I was a teenager, and it’s definitely been a terrible experience. I wouldn’t recommend.”

Shay · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 3, 2020

Lo Loestrin Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone): “I have been on Lo Lo for a year and two months and it is great! This was my first experience with birth control pills and it went perfectly fine. I used to have very bad/heavy periods, but now I get my period for maybe two or three days each month (no cramps!!). My body did take a while to adjust though, so I had breakthrough bleeding for the first 6 months or so. I had no other negative side effects other than maybe feeling way more emotional.”