User Reviews for Ortho Evra to treat Birth Control (Page 8)

Ortho Evra Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Ortho Evra

"I've been on the patch for about 9 years going on 10 years. Absolutely love it! It is super convenient, no pregnancies and if you're forgetful like I am it works GREAT! I tried the pill and that made me very nauseous so I decided to give Ortho Evra a try and it was the best decision I've ever made! My breasts grew but that's about the only side effect I experienced. Unfortunately I've been getting a lot of yeast infections recently so I'm going to try the Nuvaring to see if the Ortho patch is what's causing it (highly doubtful). Worth a try though. I highly recommend Ortho Evra."

michelleCruz December 26, 2013

"My boyfriend and I were getting pretty serious so I thought to ask my OB about birth control. I had read about the patch and thought why not, so she prescribed me it and I didn't even need to have an exam. This is my first time using birth control (I'm 16). So far, the patch is awesome. My acne cleared up, and my breasts have grown a bit. When I first started using it, I had some cramps but that may just have been because of my period although the cramps were worse where I had placed the patch. I felt nauseous for about a week but it was intermittent and went away. After that I felt completely fine. And I have discovered that the best place to put the patch is on your hip near your butt, that way it doesn't wrinkle."

olivestaff (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2013

"My experience with the patch was terrible. I started it Wednesday night and by Evening of Thursday I had a headache and felt completely drained at work to the point where I had to ask my manager if I could be sent home. Went to bed around 9:30 and but kept frequently waking up throughout the night. I had the most intense nausea, threw up, and then threw up again in the morning. Felt as if I was pregnant even though I'm not (on my period while I put the patch on). Immediately took the patch off me. The side effects were too brutal for me to endure."

Micheyd December 13, 2013

"I've had the patch for 3 months after having the Mirena removed. The patch is amazing despite constant breast tenderness. I'm happier and more Chilled out, my partner has noticed too. Best contraception I've ever tried! Highly recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 10, 2013

"I recently started using Ortho Evra and LOVE it. Its easy to use and convenient, especially since you only have to change it once every week. When I first began using the patch, I had an upset stomach for about 2 days but after that I had no more stomach aches. I have also noticed breast tenderness, but its mild and goes away quickly. I have noticed occasional bleeding, but that also went away after the first few weeks. Overall I would highly recommend the product."

2007shelby (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2013

"I was completely new to birth control and did not want to be on a pill due to all the stories I've heard. The patch is amazing! Only have to worry about it once a week, haven't had any side effects not even bleeding or spotting, get to have my regular period, and is basically so convenient. It is on the more expensive side especially if insurance won't cover it but for me it was worth it. I don't have to wait for my period to start when I do plan on getting pregnant and is easy to wear. I prefer to wear mine on my shoulder blade because it doesn't rub against my clothes and people don't notice it which is nice. This is a great birth control and whoever invented it is a genius. Highly recommend especially if you're new to birth control."

anneboy1992 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2013

"I just began the second week of the patch and so far, I love it! I put the patch on my bum and I alternate which sides every week. It stays on through showers, school, sex...etc. I haven't really had any side effects except a little bit of a headache every now and then, but I don't know if that even has anything to do with the patch because I have a problem staying hydrated. It's not the most attractive looking thing, but my boyfriend likes to see it because it lowers his stress and thus makes sex more enjoyable. Once this month is over I'll make another review to see if anything has changed!"

horanl (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2013

"I have used the Ortho Evra patch 2 years ago and I loved it, did not fall pregnant and had no side effects, but I went back to using it again six(6) months ago, my sex drive has drastically dropped and suffering from vaginal dryness for the past 3 months."

Pututu (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 16, 2013

"I am almost on my third week of the patch. The first day was AWFUL, my cramps were so bad I couldn't sit through a meeting with my professor and he told me not to go to class. The next day was absolutely fine and has been fine ever since. My breasts have already gotten much fuller. So far no weight gain I don't think, a little itchiness at the site of application, but it seems to be working really well."

Molly0 November 15, 2013

"I started OE today, and I don't any signs or symptoms yet. It really doesn't feel like its there so I'm constantly touching my butt cheek to feel for the outline of the patch just making sure its still there lol. But I'll admit, I'm breaking the rules. I didn't start within 24 hrs of my period or 1st Sun after period starts. I'm a virgin but my period is late so I just started it anyways. I'm hoping for the bigger chest and weight loss everyone seems to be boasting about lol When I initially placed it onto my right butt cheek, i did feel some light, not really cramping, but more like sore muscle pulled something type of feeling on my right, lower back but it passed after about 20 min. It wasn't really anything noticeable."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2013

"I've been on the patch for almost 4 years. I never had a problem with it, other than the fact that I've gained about 30lbs in the past 3 years. I was on the patch for a while and then went off of it. In the summer of 2010 I went back on and since then I have not been able to lose any weight. I don't know if it is from the patch but I have recently gone off (I can't afford it, and my presription is done) and I want to see if it will help me lose weight. I am very moody, and have breast tenderness during period, but I knew exactly the day I would get my period and when I would be done, it was always light and cramping was minimal. It think it's a great form of birth control (pretty pricy) but great. Just be aware of weight gain!!"

greentree153 November 8, 2013

"Better than Lupron for side effects. I'm not a smoker and I don't have family history of blood clots, so this is a good pain control method for endometriosis & pelvic pain. Over 5 years my breast size got too big, so big my back is sore and I have 2 bulging discs. Went from 36D to 36G. Sex drive is fine, first month only is bad side effects (moody, moody, moody). lighter periods. lost 10 pounds over 5 years (not patch related, I'm guessing). Happy with this drug except for breast size problem."

candylove34 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2013

"Although I love that I only need to change my patch once a week instead of taking a pill everyday, I HATE the patch. I've been on it for 3 months and took my last patch off for good today. I've gained more than 25 pounds! I'm constantly hungry no matter what or how often I eat (I normally have great self control). Also I have had on going cramping through my entire cycle. My periods are not any shorter, lighter, or less painful. My acne has gotten worse. I have sudden and fierce mood swings and am more emotional than I was when I was pregnant. The only good thing I can say about it is I haven't gotten pregnant, and even then, I haven't had sex since starting it, so that doesn't even count in my book. Hate it."

Kfin November 4, 2013

"This was my first time being on birth control The first few days were fine, I started it on a Monday, but on Friday morning I was throwing up. After that day I was always nauseous and had insane mood swings. I'd crave something, then once I got it the smell of it made me wanna puke. The only thing I was really able to eat was crackers and soup. The 2nd Monday after I changed my patch...that night I had weird dreams and I kept waking up feeling sick I couldn't take it anymore, in the middle of that night I took that patch right off. I don't know if it's due to the fact that I'm tiny 104 pounds and at the time I wasn't eating a lot. But I'm not even gonna try it again nausea is not fun at all. Anyway, I'm on the pill now, could be happier."

1995baby November 2, 2013

"Was 17 years old when switched to pill to patch. It gave me an amazing sex drive. I thought it was the love I have for my boyfriend that made it really amazing. Breast size slightly increased in little as 2-3 months. Quickly gained 10 lbs in 3 months. The size of my butt became more plump with a lil bit of glute workouts. The OPPOSITE of the reviews I read by others is I started breaking out and haven't experienced breaking out this badly. I'm trying to see how I am without the patch due to fatigue and mood swings. In little as 4 days my period became very heavy once I took it off. I had a bad migraine which lasted for 3 days. And this is about my 2nd week off it and my breast, hips, and butt shrunk"

Pacific islander October 20, 2013

"Loved the patch! Been using it for about 5 months. The first 2 months my breast were super sore but I went up 2 cup sizes! Soreness started to taper off after 2 months. Weight, acne, and sex drive did not seem to be impacted. If anything they got better. Only complaint is that the patch would sometimes cause my skin to itch a lot."

ShawnLeah October 18, 2013

"This is by far the best birth control I have ever had. Weight loss, no period IF I keep week 3's patch on through week 4 also. No mood swings and very increased drive. About a cup size increase in breasts. Faster growing hair. Beautiful skin. The only down is constant yeast infections seems like they started since I've been on patch because they never used to be a problem. Otherwise perfect, went from Depo-Provera to the patch and will never regret it."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 26, 2013

"I have been on the Ortho Evra patch for just over a month now. When I first applied the patch, I had a very small amount of nausea, nothing worth complaining about though. When it came time for my off week, I have never had a better period. I had a very small amount of cramping for a few hours, and that was it. There are only 2 things I could complain about: 1) the hormones from the patch made my breasts extremely sore and sensitive, which made it hard to be active or even give hugs. 2) The patch would never stay in place. I'm a very active person, and the patch kept sliding around during exercise and regular day-to-day stuff. This was easily solved by figuring out which recommended area moves the LEAST. Overall great experience."

stargurl16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2013

"I've only been on the patch for a few weeks but let me tell you... it's GREAT for anyone who is super sensitive to estrogen or any other hormone replacement! I couldn't even take the lowest dose of birth control because the hormones made my stomach so sick. I was unable to even move for weeks when I took the pill. Started the patch because I have incredibly low estrogen and I haven't had any nausea but a little fatigue. Probably more due to the fact that it's something "new" your body is dealing with. I haven't really had the increased sex drive like a lot of women mention but I definitely feel as though my mood has evened out and I'm less "high and low" like I used to be. Highly recommend this as a form of birth control."

RunningChef (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2013

"I have been on the Evra patches for about 7 months and have decided after 4 months of using it to keep it on without a break (after my GP said it would be okay to do so) to avoid my horrible periods. I was taking the pill before and always forgot to take it and have had a few 'scares' in the past so I decided it was time for change as I am still young and not ready for a shock pregnancy! I haven't had the best experience with it to begin with as I have heavy spotting after every patch change which is VERY annoying. It lasts days to my boyfriends and my own annoyance! No baby though and my breasts feel bigger."

ClariceKeye (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 11, 2013

"I have been using the patch for over 3 years now. It is the first birth control method I chose, because I was afraid of forgetting to take a pill every day, and it sounded easier than other forms of birth control. When I placed the patch on my stomach that it gave me cramps/nausea, so I alternate butt cheeks instead. This also: keeps it hidden, the edges of the patch have excess adhesive, so it sticks to underwear rather than clothes, and the underwear/swimsuit keeps it in place if sweaty/wet. At 30 yrs, 5'11 and 150 lbs, I've gained about 10 lbs in the past 3 years, so probably unrelated to the patch. My biggest complaint is that my occasional headaches have become bad migraines, so I may look at other options. Loved it until now."

Anonymous August 18, 2013

"My experience with the patch so far, IT IS AWESOME ! I'm on day 2 of the patch. I've started it on Sunday, Aug 4th, so I did a Sunday start. So far, day 1, I got no symptoms but an increase in sex drive and I wanted to eat everything in my house. So far so good. I'm hoping to increase my cup size hopefully."

Marai (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2013

"I have been on the Patch for almost 2 months and I'm loving it! First of all no baby which is great! The first month was horrible I had the worst mood swings and I cried so much. I was so mean and kept on snapping on everyone. However I got over it. I prefer to place the patch on either cheeks of my buttocks, because it hides it and also doesn't wrinkle and peel. However, it does itch at the site and when I remove it. My breasts have grown an entire cup size which is not so great because I was a 36DD before the patch. I have noticed a slight weight gain, but I think that is from me consuming too much food when I have cravings. The patch works wonders. And my sex drive is great! Always in the mood."

Snap_xo August 1, 2013

"I was on the Ortho Evra patch for about a year and a half and was very pleased. It only needs to be changed once a week so it's much more convenient than daily pills. It also really helped clear up the mild-moderate acne that I had previously struggled with. I didn't notice any weight gain while I was on the patch and my bust went up a cup size. The only possible downside is that when I stopped the patch I dropped 5 lbs in a week, so I guess I had put that weight on slowly. Overall, I would say this is a great option for those who are looking for the convenience of a once a week change and are comfortable with side effects of maybe some slight weight gain and bigger breasts."

Beckie E. (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 27, 2013

"Been on it for 2 months now, increased 2 cupsizes and lost weight! Went from 140, to 128-130 lbs, only thing is, I'm SO emotional, it's driving my boyfriend and I crazy, I cry about everything. No babies, bigger breasts, weight loss. Sounds good to me! Only problem is emotions, but I'm sure they'll subside."

Meganelizabethtripp July 26, 2013

More about Ortho Evra (ethinyl estradiol / norelgestromin)

Other brands: Xulane