User Reviews for Lunesta (Page 10)

Insomnia 6.0

Reviews for Lunesta

hate it February 15, 2010

For Insomnia: “It worked great at first and I loved the medicine, but after long term use I realized it had changed my personality. At first I attributed the depression and irratibility to a recent move and change in job but as soon as I stopped the Lunesta the depression cleared and I was back to my normal self. I would maybe recommend this for only occasional use but not for any extended perion.”

Anonymous January 19, 2010

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for two years. It has been wonderful. My wife appreciates the fact that I sleep all night now. I can set my clock by it, consistently wake up at 7 hours, refreshed. I have tried the 2MG and does not quite work. 3MG does the job for me. I have no problem waking up to answer the telephone or help with the kids, and then go right back to sleep. Good stuff, but expensive. My wife says it is worth it.”

bugmann0218 December 23, 2009

For Insomnia: “YES, Lunesta 3mg provides me GREAT REST! It seems to not have the tolerance problems that Ambien has. I've used Lunesta for over a year (when required). It did give me metal mouth taste but after a while I began to look for that taste when drinking water during the night. I guess some will adjust to this side effect. Other side effects, a hearty appetite, hunger for sweets, loss some libido but still tolerable. The bad news is the maker was granted an extension to its exclusive rights till 2015 which means no generics till then and the highest co-pay every month! It's the high price of a quality nights sleep.”

Kbod77 October 21, 2009

For Insomnia: “Worked great with sleep but the awful taste in my mouth never went away!”

Kesha3 October 18, 2009

For Insomnia: “Lunesta 3mg for me is the best I have ever taken, for almost a year and half. Had no bad side effects. Gives you 8 hours of sleep and you do not wake up tired. Also has helped out my anxiety at night before bed. I rate it 10. I wish Lunesta would make a new pill for anxiety for during the day, and not for sleep. I'm happy.”

Ivan g October 17, 2009

For Insomnia: “The blue one prescribed to me was 3mg. Swallow as soon as it hits tongue or the taste will haunt you several hours. This pill shuts me down fast and only one was needed but it made my shoulder and elbow joints ache the next day.”

Anonymous October 13, 2009

For Insomnia: “Lunesta 3mg never helped me sleep at all! The benzodiazepines, anti-psychotics (Seroquel, etc.) , and barbiturates more useful to help me sleep.”

jonsie September 30, 2009

For Insomnia: “I have been on Ambien for about 8 months but I had started to become tolerant to it. Sometimes I would take it and it would knock me out other times I can take it and still be wide awake until 4am. My doctor recommended that I try Ambien CR but my insurance won't approve it until I've tried Lunesta. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!! It literally had no effect on me whatsoever. Tylenol PM would have done a better job! I followed the instructions to the tee, didn't eat a fatty meal and took it on an empty stomach. Has anyone else had this result? I need to switch back to Ambien!”

rayj September 23, 2009

For Insomnia: “I take 3mg of Lunesta before bedtime. I have no bad after taste. I wake feeling refreshed. I awake some nights but I'm able to fall back to sleep and still feel refreshed when I awake. I do wish the price would come down.”

Ms. Rose September 16, 2009

For Insomnia: “I had taken Ambien on and off for several years. It seemed to be the ticket to a good night's rest. Then, it was less effective a few times. The major problem was that I had to lose an entire night's sleep to break away from it, if taken for more than 3 nights in a row. STILL, I thought it was worth it just to get SOME sleep. THEN, one night I had what I NOW know is commonly called an "Ambien nightmare". Recently I got the Flu. The Tamiflu sparked insomnia once again. I started taking Lunesta. It tastes bad but it is WORTH it. I can take it up to 1 hour before bed or 5 minutes and it relaxes me. If I happen to wake up,I can go back to sleep! Wonderful! What a new life for me! Ready to hop up in the mornings now!”

vaag September 13, 2009

For Insomnia: “I tried Lunesta for about 3 weeks. The first day it worked okay. After that it was useless. Also very expensive.”

insomnia September 1, 2009

For Insomnia: “I have not had a good nights sleep for over a year. Woken up several times a night. I have been miserable due to lack of sleep. It is really starting to show on my face - deep dark under-eye circles. Yesterday, my doctor prescribed Lunesta. I slept so good last night. Only woke up twice, but went right back to sleep. I do not feel any grogginess. There is a "yucky" taste side effect. But, I will take yucky taste any day for a good nights sleep. I am really excited to get a good nights sleep again tonight. Hope it works the same again.”

calisun August 19, 2009

For Insomnia: “I've been taking Lunesta for almost a year and it has worked wonders for me. I make sure I take it on an empty stomach and I make sure I have at least 7 hours of sleep. I do get that weird taste in my mouth but I don't mind, it's really not that bad. I have a toddler and I am able to wake up in the middle of the night without a problem. If I do need to wake up in the middle of the night I am alert and then I am able to fall right back to sleep. Overall I've had a great experience.”

barn1403 August 13, 2009

For Insomnia: “I've been taking Lunesta for about a month and cannot get any rest. Not sure if I need increase in the dosage. Yes, I have the bad taste. I take on empty stomach and stay up and just wait to go to sleep. Doesn't happen. ”

STARDOM July 21, 2009

For Insomnia: “This made my arms itch really bad and kept me up.”

Anonymous July 20, 2009

For Insomnia: “I used this medicine to help me fall asleep. While it did work and I fell right asleep, the next day I felt groggy and had a metallic taste in my mouth accompanied by ringing in my ears. The side effects far outweighed the benefits of this medicine for me.”

Angelstahr July 11, 2009

For Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta for over 3 years now. Unfortunately I can't take Ambien due to heart palpitations and other side effects. The cost of Lunesta just went up for me to $205 for a 30 day supply. I can't afford it anymore and I don't know what I'm going to do. It's the only thing that helped me sleep after dealing with insomnia for over 20 years. I no longer notice the taste in the morning and I can get up in the middle of the night and then fall right back to sleep. No sleepwalking or anything to report either. Just refreshing sleep.”

lilolme July 8, 2009

For Insomnia: “I started using Lunesta over 2 years ago after trying Restoril for several months, which would put me to sleep but then I'd wake up at 2 or 3am and not get back to sleep until dawn. My doctor prescribed Ambien, but that made me have heart palpitations, so she switched me to Lunesta. The only side effect I've had is the "yucky taste" in my mouth...brushing your tongue and the roof of your mouth upon awakening takes care of that. The cost is high as others have mentioned, but after years of not getting a good nights sleep, it's well worth it to me.”

trauma rn July 5, 2009

For Insomnia: “I've taken Lunesta for a year and as a night shift nurse I'm able to take 3mg and sleep solidly for 5-6 hours while the sun is shining outside. When I wake I'm ready and refreshed for another 12 hour overnight shift. The funny taste goes away after a while and is worth the benefit of a good sleep. I recommend taking it on a relatively empty stomach then jump in the sack in a cool room and close your eyes try to calm your breathing then let the sleep come to you. A good pair of comfortable earplugs may help too.”

Anonymous July 2, 2009

For Insomnia: “Did not help me fall or stay asleep. Side effects: headaches and terrible taste in mouth.”

Insomniac of Natural Born Sleepwalker June 22, 2009

For Insomnia: “Overall, I find Lunesta to be effective at providing me a deep, restful sleep; I wake up refreshed. I didn't mind the taste of "a New York City garbage truck parked on the back of my tongue" because I tended not to overeat during those times. The one problem I didn't like was sleepwalking outside the house to play with my dog in the dark. And I ALWAYS forgot to lock the door before returning to bed. On Lunesta, I also visited strange websites and made unnecessary purchases that surprised me when they arrived. But I have a natural history of sleepwalking. Otherwise Lunesta worked GREAT! I recommend it FOR SHORT TERM USE to reduce the chance of side effects. ”

Shulamit June 20, 2009

For Insomnia: “This medicine worked fine for me to help me get to sleep and stay asleep, but it gave me a terrible taste in my mouth, made everything taste like soap. Maybe useful if you're really trying to lose weight, and nothing else helps. Food tasting like soap definitely makes it hard to enjoy eating.”

Anonymous June 8, 2009

For Insomnia: “It works very well but costs about $150.00 for 30 day supply.”

Faith Unashamed May 5, 2009

For Insomnia: “A very mild sleep aid. This does not knock you out like Ambien will, but once asleep you stay asleep. I prefer this to Ambien CR, less side affects and less addictive. I did switch though because Lunesta just costs too much.”

Lesaly May 4, 2009

For Insomnia: “Lunesta was not very effective for me and also left the WORST taste in mouth.”