User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 9)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

scarlettmple · Taken for less than 1 month January 20, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been on and off ambien for 6 years. Well I decided to try lunesta 3 mg. It gave me a nasty metallic taste for a whole day. I couldn't go to sleep. It was horrible.”

Flickertheflame January 13, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I used to take lunesta and it worked fine but I went back to ambien. Then I stopped both and my insomnia is back a year later. Personal issues. I decided to try lunesta because ambien would make me so tired I couldn't wake up in the morning. With lunesta I can wake up before my alarm clock. That's exactly what I needed. I haven't tried taking it for more than 2 months. Hopefully the effect doesn't wear off. If so I'll have to just go back to Benadryl.”

qb · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2016

For Insomnia: “I took one 3mg Lunesta at 9;00 pm, IT IS NOW 4:15 am AND AM AWAKE! help!!!!”

InsomniaGirl December 31, 2015

For Insomnia: “This does nothing for me. Nothing. I could take 4 pills and feel nothing while usually 1-2 pills of Ambien works well. I do have to take 5 days break with Zolpidem because the tolerance builds but I find it relatively easy on the to give it a break without any side effects except from sleeping later. I don't like benzos for sleep. A low dose does not make me fall asleep and a high dose makes me groggy the next day. Tradozone types don't make me sleep, I feel lethargic and hungry/depressed. I can't sleep the normal 11pm-7am and I always wake up after 4 hours of sleep or then fall back asleep after 30 mins or more. It's so annoying. Zolpidem is the only that works for me, save I take some breaks from it. Also, the bitter taste is SO real.”

epilefty · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “l took this and it help me sleep because I had brain surgery to stop my seizures and all others have side effect of possibly causing seizure so I took this one. The one bad side effect was that I was alone and depressed and it made my depression worse. So don't take this if you r depressed. I was just glad my son phoned me”

Katybwonder November 28, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I originally was prescribed 2mg, which stopped working after a few weeks. I then was upped to 3mg which worked like a charm, but then after a month or so, again stopped working. And if my sleep was interrupted it caused me to feel drunk. I still take this, but I take it now at a pill and a half. It's frustrating that tolerance builds up so quickly, but otherwise it works well if you follow exactly how to take it.”

BILLYBOBB · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Don't like it at all. the first time i took 1, 2mg pill, it made me sleep great. but after that, nothing. like taking a sugar pill.it also leaves this nasty copper taste on your mouth for a day or days. everything you drink and eat is bad. yuck. back to my ambien”

LDW29 November 20, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “10 days on Lunesta (generic). Not sure why doc suggested I try it, as I'd been on same low dose of ambien for 3 years, good results. Anyway, had the metallic taste, just annoying but I slept so ok. After a day or so waking up more, sleeping less. Took an extra 1/2 last night -total 4.5 mg. slept, but today all day major headaches and nausea. Not sure what to do tonight-wishing for backup benedryl. Calling doc tomorrow-will request back to ambien.”

Timmmay November 14, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “It definitely helps me go to sleep but keeping me asleep is where I run into issues. I wake up just as much as before. some morning nausea for the first few hours but other than that it is fine.”

Dee K · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 12, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Ahhh LUNESTA! I absolutely love this stuff. I started taking it when I was put on an anti depressant that gave me severe insomnia as a side effect. That went away as my body got used to the AD, but I do get insomnia here and there and Lunesta is my drug of choice. I used to use either Benadryl or Melatonin for my occasional insomnia, however, I find Lunesta is the best at putting you in a nice peaceful sleep, and not make you too groggy in the morning. Most people criticize Lunesta for it's "metallic" taste, but I have a ridiculously simple solution: Don't let the pill touch your tongue! I fill my mouth with water first, push the pill through my closed lips, and then swallow. Never had the bad taste since doing that! Try it out!!”

mollyann43 · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I just started Lunesta last night 3 mg and it did nothing for me so I took another and nothing. I have tried ambien 10mg and trazadone 500mg a and I felt like I had a cup of sugar my insomnia is really bad. Does anyone know of a really good sleep pill that actually works?”

39 in Ohio · Taken for less than 1 month November 10, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “What you read about Lunesta's taste is so right. Lunesta is GROSS. Is took about 20 minutes for the "taste" that everyone complains about to show up. It did not help me sleep at all. I was half awake all night and when I was asleep I was having weird dreams. It's 12 hours later and every time I sip water or anything it still tastes like I chewed a tylenol or something. "Bitter" or "metallic" taste is an understatement. Did not work, tasted horrible. If I could give this back to the pharmacy I would. Back to Ambien for me.”

JoJo4785 · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Did absolutely nothing for me. It was as if I had taken a sugar pill.”

toodoo9011 October 16, 2015

For Insomnia: “Did help me first day but not after that mainly due to the fact I have anxiety not insomnia. I was taking 3.5mg of it called zopiclone in UK. To be honest I think its usless in 3.5mg”

dizzylady1957 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 26, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta is now generic so the cost is low. I take 3 mg at night and sleep 7-8 hours. It's been such a godsend for me. I have terrible insomnia.”

Reality generics September 23, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Okay, the original lunesta was extremely effective, I received samples. For 330 month I couldn't get prescription. So years later they have a generic version. I got a months worth for 111$$. At 3 mg nothing......so I try 6mg.....nothing no bad or good to report! These pills are FRAUD!!!! I'm well accustomed to meds and the generic I took did nothing. I'd get more effect from sugar pill!! I'm getting this so others can see not all generics are equal. There are various companys. I didn't know this, so if you suspect your med isn't up to particular like it used to be.....check the maker!! I'm very upset about this. I'm out $111 for the month for a fake pill made by the company”

Clgly September 9, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “To be honest Lunesta has never worked for me. ”

contentwithgod · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 1, 2015

For Insomnia: “Lunesta at 3mg is highly effective for me. But if you truly want the full benefit of the med, you MUST avoid eating or even snacking a good full hour or more before you take it, otherwise don't blame the drug. Also taking with a full glass of water helps it interact with the chemicals of the brain for longer sleep duration. As a CPhT in Pharm myself, it frustrates me when those who prefer Brand opposed to Generic allege the two are not equals..(in most cases this is purely psychological). FDA requires generics to remain within 4% of a Brand Drug's formulation before they can market as the Brand's "Generic." Sometimes there is a legitimate difference when generics have been on a Pharm Shelf longer which CAN weaken potency. LUNESTA IS AWESOME”

Pduliere August 31, 2015

For Insomnia: “I have loved Lunesta for my insomnia. However, the generic lunesta has been a roller coaster ride depending on manufacturer. Some manufacturers versions of lunesta do not work at all while others will work half of the nights taken and only last about 2-3 hours before I am awake again. Brand name lunesta would get a 10 but the generic is definitely not a good substitution.”

Mary O. August 28, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Amazingly effective. Leaves me calm during the day as well. Great sleep with no side effects.”

TJ King · Taken for less than 1 month August 26, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Well, Had an interaction with celexa and caused ocular migraines. Scared the hell out of me I though I had a stroke or brain aneurysm. Complete blindness in my right eye, that thank god came back gradually over a week. And when it did on bits of the ocular field would come in all statically. Trial and error, I tried it off and on twice over a month with the exact same out come.”

sleeplessinsuburbia · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta is helpful because it promotes a gentle rest state. I had changed from Ambian,which at times caused me to be cranky and jumpy.Lunesta will take some time in the evening to work,but I found some good sleep with this. Make sure you are monitored by your MD,Keep meds away from children and pets.If Lunesta is used responsibly it can be a good med for bad insomnia”

sleepless in greenville July 26, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Started ambein. Took for years. I built a tolorence. Now on lunesta at 3mg. Worked for about a month and now I am back to sleepless nights :(”

Labnightshift · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 25, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Works pretty well after using it for several years. Works best on a totally empty stomach. Have had a glass of wine after taking 3 mg and for some reason it doesn't work as well for me. I wake up after only a couple of hours. All in all, I think it works great. I don't have the memory loss that I sometimes experience with Ambien.”

mizzy83 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 16, 2015

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I took imovane for 2 months earlier this year to help with insomnia caused by anxiety from a health scare. It worked great in putting me to sleep in minimal time. The taste wasn't ideal but not a big issue, and I had no other side effects. But on stopping my underlying anxiety increased. I recommend it more for occasional use to avoid psychological dependancy.”