User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 8)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

twcgirl · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 8, 2016

For Insomnia: “I have been taking generic eszopiclone 3mg for several years and haven't had a problem until I the pharmacy changed manufacturers to Orchid. The Orchid pill does not put me to sleep. I have had no problem with Teva manufactured eszopiclone. It works just like it's should. Within 30 mins of taking it, I'm asleep. A year ago I was given Dr Reddys manufactured and it did not put me to sleep either. So far the only generic that works for me is Teva. I have a flag on my account at the pharmacy that I prefer Teva but they apparently ran out of it last week!!? They gave me Orchid and I haven't had a good nights sleep since.It's really crazy to have an approved generic that doesn't work!!”

Db52 · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2016

For Insomnia: “Only one side effect. Keeps me wide awake! Going to talk to pharmacist tomorrow. Almost a week now. Horrible sleep deprivation, feelings of depression, confusion, sadness, crying spells and lethargy. Something VERY wrong with this generic brand of Lunesta. I've been on another generic brand of Lunesta for approx. 3 years. Last refill was darker blue in color, this one is a lighter blue.”

Very insomnic · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Tried 3 milligrams of Lunesta did not work at all to help me sleep. But right now I am suffering from extreme anxiety and depression. And have other health issues and a ton of stuff on my mind. I also just tried Ambien ER last night and it did not work either. In the past couple years ago I did take Ambien and it worked to make me sleep but after taking 4 a week or so made my anxiety and depression worse. Be careful if you suffer from depression taking this medication is what I found out. I only recently tried to take sleeping pills again out of desperation as I have developed some bad stomach problems and possibly my pancreatitis flaring up and have been off of work for 2 months on workman's comp worried about losing my house and my healt”

RzR CRzN August 24, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Here's a trick to help my fellow insomniac's sleep. I have 3 very painful forms of Arthritis in my upper and lower back, neck, knees, feet, hands, exc. I have insomnia from chronic pain, and severe PTSD. 2mg Lunesta got me 4hrs rest. 3mg got me 6hrs sleep. I finally got 8 hours sleep by raising my dose to 2-2mg pills per night. I didn't get 4, 6, or, 8 hrs sleep until I changed eating habits. Plan your evening like so: eat a small portion of healthy foods. Wait 20-30 minutes, and then take your Lunesta. Wait 20-30 minutes, and eat another small portion of healthy food, and head to bed. The food keeps the medicine in your system longer. Also for those paying cash like me, use blinkhealth.com. I get my 60-2mg pills for $53.16 a month.”

GM12345 August 13, 2016

For Insomnia: “I had terrible sleep waking many times an hour. Doctor prescribed Ambien and it helped but I sleept only about 3 hours. He changed to lunesta which had longer half life and sleept about 5 hours give or take. No real side effects that I could tell. I started taking ionized magnesium powder from whole foods in water for general health reasons and found that I did not need lunesta any longer. I sleep soundly for 8 hours or more if schedule permits. I suggest that if you try magnesium start with a smaller amount that recommended and add benefiber because magnesium tends to loosen the bowel somewhat. Magnesium is great for overall nerves health and I have not needed sleep aid since starting. Whole Foods has 365 brand or try Calm.”

Carla Lake · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 12, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Worked for a while but have to take 2-3 to get to sleep and that's not good”

e-ticket August 11, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Three nights in a row, with no benefit whatsoever. It's as if I'd taken a placebo -- laid in bed for over two hours with no drowsiness at all. By the third night, I was angry and anxiety-filled (not sure if it was a side effect or if I was just fed up with trying something that didn't work).”

SleepyNot · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 8, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I took 2mg for 7 weeks. At first, the after taste was the only adverse side effect although in retrospect within a couple of weeks I started having a dry cough. By the end of the 1st month I thought I had either a cold or an allergic reaction to something. Went to my doctor and the possible side effects of the was not even brought up. I am coughing a lot and bringing up clear mucus. I often felt like my throat is closing up and it reminded me of strep with how sore my throat was. Last night, completely frustrated I googled sore throat, cough and lunesta and found many other people had similar symptoms. At first Lunesta worked fine but gradually I slept less and the side effects were (are) horrible. I'm wide awake tonight!”

Magpvny August 5, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Helped a lot the first night. Somewhat effective the second night. Awake writing this note the third night. There is a slight hangover but that is manageable.”

Almcg · Taken for less than 1 month July 20, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Horrible aftertaste that lasts at least 8 hours. The taste comes about 5 mins after I take it and that's when I know it's working. Otherwise I can't tell like I could taking another popular sleeping medicine. It's increased my depression and anxiety. I'm getting put back on my previous medication in three days due to the horrible after taste. It's chemical tasting. Nasty.”

BigShawn July 17, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking the 3mg lunesta for 4 days now and still no sleep. The only plus side is my insurance would not pay for it and the generic 30 day was $128. My pharmacist called the manufacturer and got me 12 coupons for $100 off. Going to keep trying it for a few more nights, been reading up on it and it seems the worse the insomnia the longer it takes for it to work. I have gone weeks with no sleep my longest was 18 days of zero sleep the dark circles around my eyes were so dark I looked like a raccoon.”

Shortyshante2013 June 13, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I started out taking lowest dose. Two hours later still awake. Took max dose prescribed. It is now 5:30 in the morning and I have had NO sleep. And have a bad taste in my mouth. I took a sip of water and about gagged from the nasty taste. Worst stuff ever.”

kantt · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 8, 2016

For Insomnia: “I've been taking lunesta on and off for >8 months. This drug is very effective as it puts you to sleep twenty minutes after taking the pill. I can get six hours of straight sleep and a plus of one hour more, after waking up to urinate. So I went from having a extremely poor sleep calendar because of a fibromyalgia type disease, to getting this 6-7 hs of sleep at night which is actually very good. Why I don't rate higher this drug? Well: If I take the eszopiclone at 00:00 Hs and wake up at 8:00 Hs, there exist a residual effect of drowsiness that last well into the midday. It dissapears only at 17:00 Hs aprox. This is incompatible with a calendar of morning study or working. Furthermore, this side effect can lead to or aggravete depression.”

Trbncolo · Taken for 10 years or more May 31, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been off and on Lunesta 3mg for over 10 years. The reason I get off of it, I gain a tolerance to it, so I have to try something else so I can get Lunesta out of my system. Usually I get on Valium 10mg or stronger because nothing else works. I can stay awake for weeks. Yes, weeks. My longest time staying awake, 20 days. Lunesta works for a lot of people, I just have a high tolerance to most medications.”

better without lunesta · Taken for less than 1 month May 23, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “took lunesta for 3 weeks, horrible side effects: increased crazy amounts of anxiety, insomnia, wierd feelings in my stomach, thought 'I was going off the rails. ”

Insomnia4U · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I wanted this medication to work so bad - I got all the side effects except no sleep :( . For me it started working after only 10 minutes of taking it, and yes it does give a metallic taste. The biggest thing, hang on for a crazy ride! It made me VERY relaxed and have mild hallucinations (the blinds on the window and my bedroom door would look like they were slightly moving open/close or back and forth). Im not sure how, but sleep never came! How I could be in that state and not sleep is beyond me.”

LitoT. May 5, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have insomnia my Dr.prescribe Lunesta to help me sleep because I was going 3 day's straight without sleeping...not very good feeling The first day I took Lunesta I literally passed out,a good night sleep unfortunately that was my only night of sleep now it keeps me fully awake the odd part is that I don't feel tired only my eyes look tired the problem is that I am back to not sleeping up to three day's.”

husker jon April 19, 2016

For Insomnia: “Been taking this for 5 years now an I love how I fall asleep now price is pretty expensive 30 pills cost me about 300$ but I do have insurance which I get it now for 32$ , the brand name lunesta is different story 30 pills was 500 so I just paid what I can”

wes032 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 26, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been on and off lunesta since about a year after it came out. It works well for me, works FAST so make sure you are ready to go straight to bed when you take it. I do have occasions where it (3mgs) will stop working and so we will switch it up to restorilfor a month or two and then go back to Lunesta and then I'm good for another 6 months. I cannot take ambient because it makes me sleep cook, sleep eat, sleep drive and sleep shop. I wake up with hundreds of dollars of things sometime, even bought a 4,000.00 3d TV at one point. Thankfully it was still sealed and the store took it back, lol. So for me Lunesta is what I'm able to take, it and Restoril. MUCH nicer not having to fight insurance to cover the Lunesta.”

Mikisunshine March 18, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been on Ambien CR (Zolpidem XR) for years. It always worked. Until it didn't. I have insomnia because of Fibromyalgia and a bad back which wakes me every time I turn over. But it loses its efficacy after 6-7 months. Doctor switched me to Lunesta and it did nothing. It was as if I took a placebo. Went back to the Zolpidem XR but I'm now back to having built up a tolerance again. Doc put me on Temazepam but it's like nothing too. It stinks not being able to sleep or stay asleep.”

Fred56 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 5, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Doc switched me from ambien to lunesta after about 7 months stating that ambien is known to cause Parkinsons' longterm. It worked similarly at first, but because of its long half-life i was told not to take another when i woke up early morning , 1-3 pm. This is big problem because i cannot get back to sleep. Both 5mg ambien and 3mg luniest give me 3-4 hours sleep. With ambien, Id awake and take another 5mg and go right back to sleep. Now i can't do that anymore and seldom have any sleep quality after 2 pm. Copper taste didn't bother me at first, but now a month later, i notice everything tastes different, even water....was hard to pinpoint, but finally realized it was a metallic taste that was permeating everything i ate. or drank”

Redheadednicholson February 23, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been taking lunesta 2 years and I love it. Does exactly what it's supposed to 6 hours of restful sleep no hangovers Like some people say it has a horrible taste if it stays in your mouth..pop it in the back of your throat and swallow. It's a very small pill.”

TipTop665 February 18, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've had sleep issues my whole life and had just sort of dealt with it. I finally spoke with a Dr. about it and was prescribed Lunesta. Over a couple of weeks, taking it ~3 nights a week, I was sleeping better for the most part. Then, my emotions started going haywire. I was quick to anger and feeling paranoid. I was convinced my wife was having an affair (she wasn't) and had multiple outbursts. I have never been on any sort of medication for a period of time, so I didn't think to blame the Lunesta. I stopped taking it and the crazy emotions have stopped.”

black bird · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2016

For Insomnia: “I suffer from great insomnia. Nothing but lunnesta puts me down. And it provided an extra benefit, as it kept me relaxed all day after. The metallic taste is worth the sleep.!”

20DollarsFor30Pills · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 29, 2016

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “When I started Lunesta, I was SHOCKED by the price. 300-500 Dollars for 30 generic pills??? I don't have insurance, BTW. Then, my sister (who has 2 handicapped children and knows all the ins and outs of the medical industry) told me about a website that literally takes 4 minutes to sign up, qualify, and show you where to get your Lunesta at the biggest pharmacies in the country. I got my renewed today....the cost: $19.91 ”