User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 12)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

Anonymous August 7, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I am a professional program designer and had a problem with thought activity which made getting sleep a real chore. It became such a problem that my physician recommended my taking Lunesta 3mg about a year and a half ago. I have not really noticed the after taste many have reported, but do have some dreams (mostly repetitive type problems that are work related) but, the trade off is a really good nights sleep. I have energy the next day (my own, not enhanced). It will usually deliver 7 to 8 hours and not wake to a drugged feeling. I wish there was a generic which would save me money. ”

Jmg714 July 30, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I'm a chronic insomniac and have tried just about every medicine and remedy available. Lunesta 3mg works the best for me although after 10 days I no longer sleep through the night. I wake up after 3 or 4 hours but I can usually fall back asleep for another 3 hours which is better than not sleeping at all. The only time I've noticed the bad taste is when I cut a pill in half. Don't do it!”

Anonymous July 20, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Works GREAT for me. Only a half a pill calms my brain enough to put me to sleep. The only negative is the price - $62 for only 7 pills!”

Anonymous June 18, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have struggled with insomnia for years. My biggest problem is either staying asleep or falling asleep. I worry a lot at night as well and can hear a pin drop when I'm asleep. I was taking benzos but found that I needed them almost every night and that started to worry me so my physician gave me lunesta to try. (I have tried Ambien and Ambien CR, both did the opposite for me and kept me up all night). I love Lunesta. Not only do I fall asleep comfortably, I stay asleep. It feels natural, not like I am drugged. I wake up refreshed and ready for my day. I don't even need to take it every night, I found that if I take it a few nights, I don't really need it the following nights. Also I have not had the metal taste at all.”

Anonymous June 14, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I hardly notice the taste at all if I swallow them quickly. It doesn't always work for me. I started at 2mg, tried 4mg, and now 6mg. Sometimes I sleep, sometimes I don't, kind of like without it. Also definitely major food binging that I haven't been able to control while taking it. Once I mixed it with alcohol and had bad effect, very weird behavior I don't remember at all. I won't make that mistake again. I'm going try Rozerem.”

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “While effective, the aftertaste it leaves is almost intolerable. It tastes like sewage. Compared to some other less expensive more pleasant tasting and effective alternatives....there are better choices for me....Halcion in particular.”

brown324 May 26, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta is wonderful. I am a chronic insomniac that can't sleep at all without medication, so far (2 weeks) Lunesta is the best I have ever used. I have been on 9 different sleep medicines from antidepressants to benzodiazepines, etc. and 3 mg Lunesta has helped the most. I was on Ambien for some time, both regular and CR and with both I would wake up after 4 hours. Lunesta gets me a solid 7 hrs of sleep and has changed my life! Only bad thing is the taste but I am getting used to it now, oh and it isn't cheap! Patent expires in 2 years then generic will be available, but this medicine is worth the cost, nothing else works as well for sleep onset and maintenance.”

bs1973 April 29, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been on Lunesta, 2mg, for almost a year now and by far, this is the best sleep medication out there. Although, with this medicine I have had little to no side effects at all. Only thing is, I have had sleep walking occurrences but overall, this is an excellent sleep aid and pricey too.”

SleeplessSouth April 25, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Like most other posts, I have noticed the gross taste the next day. I tried everything to confirm it was from the medication and it was. ”

Anonymous April 17, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I take Lunesta every night and find that I fall asleep easily and wake up easily after 8 or more hours of sleep. I wake up every morning grateful for Lunesta. After many months and years of restless sleep and daily fatigue, Lunesta has brought much needed relief. ”

Nolachick March 23, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta is the most incredible sleep aid on the market - smooth and no hangover in the morning. It is worth the cost. Under much stress in 2008, I began taking Lunesta 3 mg (for 1 month), then moved to the 2 mg for several months, then to the 1 mg, which is enough of a sleep aid to get the job done for me. The metallic taste, once the medicine is in your system, is noticeable but not bad and for me, goes away quickly. You absolutely must take it on an empty stomach. I definitely noticed a tendency to weight gain and fluid retention on all 3 dosages, though less tendency to fluid retention on the 1 mg. I just stopped taking it this week (March 2011). I'm not in bed until 2 - 2:30 am, but I can sleep without it.”

gogotreasure February 23, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Works great for me. No side effects. Just puts me to sleep and any time I wake up I feel great.”

Anonymous February 11, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Was on Lunesta for some time but could not tolerate the side effects and the daytime drowsiness. I drive a school bus so I had to stop Lunesta quickly. My doc gave me Silenor and the lowest dose seemed to do the trick. I can sleep about 7 hours nonstop and not worry about bad taste in my mouth and more important drowsiness in the day. ”

fireman9104 January 5, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I took my first 3 mg pill and had the best rest in years for weeks. Later went back to it and got no result. Increasing slowly to 21mg max dose with no noted affect. I do not use illegal drugs or smoke or drink beer or alcohol. ”

Anonymous January 1, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I tried a free sample of Lunesta for my insomnia for a few days. I felt a lingering bad taste in my mouth. I quit taking it. It was worse than Ambien CR's side effects, which made me anxious and irritable next morning. I tried Silenor and I am still taking it. Its side effect is very mild. I just drink coke to concentrate on my work next day.”

Anonymous November 11, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone): “I have been suffering with insomnia for quite some time and have taken Ambien then finally Lunesta. The medication just didn't agree with me. I would often wake up in the middle of the night with a bad taste in my mouth and a nasty headache. When I did sleep, I would be washed out the morning after and very angry, irritable. I was becoming a different person and felt very sad. My fuse was short. Ask my family. I asked my doctor about Silenor and he gave me 3mg sample to try. I have never slept better in a long time. I woke up feeling fresh without the drowsy symptoms I had to put up with while taking Lunesta. No more attitude problem. Family loves me again. Also, I was a nut while on Ambien so forget that. I will stick with Silenor now.”

leopardeyes September 26, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “It was a pretty good sleep aid overall. I did not build a tolerance, but decided to stop using it because it left a bad taste in my mouth. As soon the bitter taste kicked in I could easily fall asleep. I could get a full 8 hours of good sleep on it.. too bad the taste lasted until noon the next day and nothing could get the taste away.”

Anonymous September 2, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been taking Lunesta 2mg for the past year. It is very effective. I fall asleep within the hour and feel rested in the morning. It also relaxes me. The sour taste went away completely after a month of use. The best if you take it on an empty stomach. The only thing I'm concerned is that my body will get used to it and then it won't help. For now its still a life saver for me after suffering from insomia since I was a teenager. My doctor doesn't recommend that I take it for more then three times a week because I'm still young, however I have no choice and have to take it every night. I can't sleep otherwise. I have kids to take care of and a full time job. I MUST sleep. ”

bebsxo July 23, 2010

For Insomnia: “I'm on 3.75mg and it hasn't really helped with my insomnia. I take it at 8.30pm (along with 15mg mirtazapine and 2mg diazapam) and I still don't get to sleep until 1am, then I wake up anything up to 8 or 9 times in the night for half an hour. Only side effect is I've found I salivate more.”

hteb14 July 20, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been using Lunesta for almost a week now and it's wonderful! It puts me to sleep relatively quickly (20 minutes as opposed to the several hours it usually takes). It keeps me asleep 8 hours, sometimes longer if I don't have to work in the morning. There is a bit of a "nasty" taste in the mouth in the morning but it isn't that bad and goes away after breakfast and teeth brushing. Also the first few days I was a little drowsy still after waking up probably because the medicine was still in effect and my body wasn't used to so much sleep at once. Now I wake up energized and I would definitely recommend this medicine to others! A little pricey though.”

HiylaBug July 8, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “This drug worked wonders for me! I had terrible insomnia, and was averaging only a few hours of sleep a night. I started taking 2mg of Lunesta a year ago. It helped me with anxiety and allowed me to get 8 hours of sleep a night. I have always been afraid of forming a dependency on sleep aids, so after one year of using Lunesta I weaned myself off, just to put my mind to ease. It was very easy to do! I cut my pill in half for a few weeks, then stopped taking it. No withdrawal symptoms. I then decided to keep taking 1 mg but its comforting for me to know that I'm not dependent on it. Taking this drug was the best decision I ever made. If I swallow it immediately with water, I don't get a bad taste.”

Anonymous June 28, 2010

For Insomnia: “Makes me feel good for a while and then I fall asleep like I want to. Very pleasant. Have not had any side effects.”

badkatz May 28, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Had no effect on me at all. I had an average of 3 hours of sleep after using it for a week.”

upgrade! May 6, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I just made the switch from Ambien to Lunesta because Ambien just wasn't working for me anymore. I am not a regular taker, just on the odd occasion like traveling. But I took Lunesta for the first time last night and I DID fall asleep quickly but after about four hours I suddenly awoke. Then woke up again after another four hours WIDE awake! This was at 5 in the morning and I wasn't ready to get up. I guess that is kind of a good thing because I didn't feel groggy or sleepy at all. I lay there and finally drifted off for a couple more hours and then I had a weird dream. The metallic taste is the only side effect I have noticed. ”

Anonymous April 22, 2010

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have had the best sleep with Lunesta, since menopause. Ambien made me feel groggy and irritated. I did not even sleep all the way through the night. I'd take it and wonder some nights if I was even going to fall asleep. With Lunesta, I've been taking one about every 3 nights fall asleep and stay asleep. If I get up to go to the bathroom, I can fall right back to sleep! Amazing. I have a new insurance company, and they want me try Ambien again, and Sonata! There is no way that I want to go trying other medicines when this one works for me. I think I'll and buy it myself. ”