User Reviews for Eszopiclone (Page 11)

Also known as: Lunesta

Insomnia 5.8

Reviews for Eszopiclone

sleepinglikebaby September 27, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “This is the only medicine that has really helped me. Love it but so expensive and insurance won't pay. Luckily my Dr. gives samples to tide me over until I can afford. Bad taste is worth the restful sleep. ”

jpruislaf August 30, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Used it for one night, had nightmares all night, restless, tense, weird taste in my mouth....YIKES. Longer story: Used Ambien for almost a year then needed something to last all night. Had to try Lunesta before insurance would cover Ambien CR. Tried it for one night and it really was that bad. I was so happy to see it was time to wake up in the morning so it would stop.”

KAT2603 · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 28, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have really really bad insomnia. I'm up for 3 -4 days straight and after my doc prescribed me a combination of zopiclone and amitriptyline I'm able to sleep 4-5 hours but your body can become tolerant after awhile meaning you may have to increase your dosage. I've had to do this but what I've started to do is try to keep really busy throughout the day and if needed at night I'll take a smaller dose than prescribed to me or try to go a few days without it then take my regular dose.”

RickinFlorida · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 9, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have to be in bed by 8 pm to get a full nights sleep for work early the next morning. I've never been able to fall asleep that early on my own, but Lunesta has been awesome. It does not make me sleepy, but 15 minutes after taking it I lay down and just go to sleep. At first I found I would wake up 4 or 5 hours later, but my doctor recommended taking melatonin with Lunesta. Doing this (I take the 10mg time release melatonin) I sleep all night, easily wake up with the alarm clock, have no bad taste in my mouth, and am not groggy at all. I do not take it on nights where I do not have to get up early the next day.”

jillinthewoods · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta gave me the metallic taste and i only slept a few hours. Ambien gave me nightmares. I am now on an old one called Halcion but I never sleep through the night. Help needed or suggestions of something that might work without that awful taste the next day.”

Sleep Solutions · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've had sleep disruption for many years. I took Ambien for years, now Lunesta. Gradually reduced from 3 mg to 0 mg, with zero problems. My mind was clearer. With new severe stress & sleep disruptions again, recently went back on Lunesta. Started with 1 mg, then 2 then 3. Trouble is, now still waking up after about 4 hours, then waking and sleeping throughout the next 4 hours. I also use Belleruth Naperstacks "Sleep" guided imagery CD to fall asleep and her "General Wellness" $ "Stress and Anxiety" in early morning or Jon Kabat Zinn's "Body Scan" during those 4 hours when my sleep is intermittent. I'm finding that I am sleepy and tired when I get out of bed now at 3 mg & feel overly medicated, yet it isn't working well after 4 hours.”

Judy777 · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 26, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “The only problem, besides the aftertaste, is that I find I need to go to bed within 10 minutes of taking the medicine or the sleepy effect just doesn't happen and I'm left tossing and turning the rest of the night.”

TMAC2008 March 24, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Wonderfully highly recommended”

insom · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 13, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta is a wonderful medication; I have used it daily since 2006. It works just as well today as when I started. I fall asleep quickly and sleep the entire night. Waking up is no problem. The taste in the early mornings is there but I don't mind since this drug works so well. For those whom insurance doesn't cover, go to Lunesta website for coupon. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 2, 2013

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Works great I love it.”

ItsyBitsyMe December 4, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have taken Lunesta 3mg for about 5 years now. Never have had bad dreams or any instances of sleepwalking, etc. I take it & about 45 minutes later I am fast asleep until my alarm clock goes off. Prior to finding Lunesta, I had insomnia for years & I cannot tell you how much of a lifesaver this medicine has been! Tried Ambien but it did not work for me at all. Also tried Sonata, but would wake up a few hours after going to sleep. I've had no problems with tolerance, either. The only "bad" thing is the crappy taste in one's mouth, but I discovered that brushing my tongue when I brush my teeth before going to bed gets rid of 90% of it, along with using Biotene mouthwash (the dry mouth brand). Hooray! My insurance will now cover it, too!”

Insomier · Taken for less than 1 month September 16, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Dry mouth, nausea, horrible taste”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Put me to sleep almost every night at first, however, never felt like I had a great nights sleep. Then after a few months it became less effective. Started waking at five o'clock and needing to take supplemental medicines to get some sleep. Am switching to something that might also help with anxiety too. (By the way, did not experience the foul taste thing at all.)”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 9, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Lunesta works very well for me. It does leave a metallic taste in your mouth.”

Anonymous April 11, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “No bad taste, no side effects. No effects at all, actually. Everytime I've taken it, nothing. I don't feel tired, I don't sleep. The only thing that happens is I'll get a mild headache.”

luke101 April 6, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have insomnia worst than most people. I'm 21, I compete in body building and and I'm in great shape. I never get tired. If I get 3 hours of sleep a night I can still function fine the next day. But it shot me into horrible anxiety and depression from lack of sleep. I've tried all the sleeping medicines. There's no doubt Ambien will knock you out but I always wake up 4 hours later. I just started taking Lunesta because I was so desperate to get sleep. Lunesta the first night helped me sleep 8 hours. The second night, "last night" it took about an hour to come into affect but I definitely slept 9 hours. No bad taste. I feel amazing. It definitely works all night . If you need a full nights sleep, please try it.”

Catlady 22 February 29, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Didn't make me tired at all. About 20 min after taking it the horrible taste kicked in. Water doesn't even taste good. It's awful. ”

Anonymous February 9, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I tried Lunesta for severe insomnia and it didn't work for me. It gave me a very bitter, nasty, taste in my mouth within 30 minutes after taking it. It didn't make me sleepy and the taste made it even harder to fall asleep. I had to end up taking 1 mg Xanax to fall asleep that night. ”

bladeturner January 9, 2012

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I've been taking Lunesta (3mg) for 3 years now. The only side effect I've noticed is the bad taste, but that is minor. Sleep with this has been great, no bad dreams, no anxiety. Stress and irritation is way down now that I get a solid 7-8 hours/night. I've just started a weight loss program (4 months) and had no problem dropping the expected 1.5lbs/week that the method I'm using (calorie counting) is designed for.”

drjeff2011 December 31, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Used for two months now, Lunesta has been more effective than Ambien curbing early morning awakening. The taste in the mouth is tolerable. ”

MeSoTired October 21, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I absolutely love it! And by the way its the only medication for insomnia that is approved by the FDA to be taken long term. I've tried Ambien, temazepam, trazodone, OTC sleep aids, valerian, melatonin, EVERYTHING; and nothing else has ever came close to helping me sleep like Lunesta does. The only problem which really sucks is my insurance wont pay for Lunesta so if I want it I have to pay cash and its ridiculously expensive!”

jagator October 17, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I have been taking Lunesta since about 2004. I have tried to take Rozerem, Ambien, Ambien CR and NOTHING works as well as this. But now my copay is $76.00 a month on top of my doctors visit. The after taste does go away. I know it said not to take for a long period of time but I WAS NOT able to sleep with anything else but Lunesta. Now my insurance is changing again and I will basically have to pay full price. I love this medicine it is the only thing that works and I need something that could possibly be a substitute.”

Context October 7, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “Highly recommended. I've tried several other options over the counter, homeopathic, and prescription and for me this has been a clear winner. (I pay out of pocket for it instead of doing the Ambien thing.) Works quickly%u2014but not an Ambien instant-blackout%u2014and works just the right amount of time to keep me asleep and allow me to wake rested. If you also suffer from anxiety you may, as I did, find this a very effective and surprisingly durable treatment. The only side effect I experienced was a bitter/metallic taste which persisted until just before lunch. Breakfast isn't super tasty but I figure its even less enjoyable when I've slept four hours.”

derama214 August 13, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “My second day I found myself driving to the 7-11 and don't remember it. My next room friend told me. ”

Taylormm August 7, 2011

Lunesta (eszopiclone) for Insomnia: “I absolutely love Lunesta. It gives me peace and rest at night and gives me a full night sleep. The metal taste is nothing that causes me any trouble. Only some things make it noticeable like water. I have depersonalization symptoms and Lunesta did not make them worse. If anything it made them better because I can sleep now.”