User Reviews for Esomeprazole (Page 6)

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Esomeprazole has an average rating of 6.8 out of 10 from a total of 192 ratings on Drugs.com. 61% of those users who reviewed Esomeprazole reported a positive effect, while 25% reported a negative effect.

Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.0
NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer 10.0
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 6.8 192 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

Another Anon · Taken for 10 years or more November 28, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've been taking Nexium for about 18 years now. I suffered bad heartburn/reflux etc,, that was partly to do with 'trigger' foods I ate. Over the years I learned to avoid those foods, & I started on Nexium. This medicine reduced my severe heartburn/reflux from maybe each second night when I wasn't taking it, to only about 2 times a month when I was taking it, so overall, over 18 years, Nexium made a huge difference to my life. From having to sit upright till 4am in bed till the pain went away & I could finally lie down (without Nexium) to getting a good sleep most nights (with Nexium). I do thoroughly recommend Nexium to anyone who can take it. Tip - AVOID Trigger foods! some are - chocolate, cream, oily foods, chickpeas, horseradish, mustard.”

BruceA1234567 November 10, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Prior use of prescription Prevacid did not provide relief for 24 hrs. 1/day 40mg Nexium provides about 30 hr no acid sensations. My only side effect of Nexium is my stool usually has the consistency of peanut butter.”

Johnin Portland · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been using Miralax and psyllium every night for about a year and wanted to try Linzess, but my doctor was hesitant to let me try it. Possible side effects. Anyway, after some research, I realized the Nexium I have been using causes a Magnesium deficiency. So now I take a multi-mineral capsule and a 500mg Magnesium capsule 3 times a day with meals. I have been able to cut back on my prescribed medications and have some hope that I will be able to get off them completely by adjusting my mineral intake. Try this, because your bowels cannot function without enough minerals.”

longtimeer · Taken for 10 years or more October 5, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been on Nexium for probably 10 years now and it works well. I can really notice a difference if I run out or take something else..the problem is the cost of this medication is outrageous!”

swisschz June 9, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I been taking Zegrid and Prilosec for years. I'm one week into Nexium and I feel way better! Whenever I drink something I feel awesome. No more little bit of discomfort. I'm amazed! Haven't had GERD, gas blockage in my chest or gall bladder. I feel like normal drinking cold and warm. I haven tried a soda yet but I did have a half a beer and the bubbles did not bother me at all! It's been years since 2007. I'm so happy and Nexium I thank you.”

Elgrodo May 20, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I have taken Nexium for over 12 years. I have had a low Magnesium problem for 10 years and severe dry mouth for 3 years. My Doctor wants me to continue with Nexium but I cannot continue. The Mag problem is very serious and I have had emergency doses of Mag to get my levels back up. The dry mouth is causing me to have numerous Dental problems. I really have to quit Nexium.”

Bury5 · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 13, 2014

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “The medicine works great but gives me headache, diaharrea, and nausea upon waking.”

angel16830 · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Was on Prevacid for over a year. All of a sudden it stopped working. Tried Protonix, all I can say is never again. So then Dr. prescribed Nexium 40mg, been on it for about week, so far so good. No side effects that I can tell and acid is definitely under control.”

Silverfoxx June 17, 2013

For Barrett's Esophagus: “Been taking Nexium 40 mg for ten years for Barrett's Esophagus. I have tried all the other proton pump inhibitor's on the market and nothing works as well. Even though my insurance will not cover it, I pay out of pocket because it's that good. No side effects at all. Best taken upon wake up 30 mins prior to any food intake. I also take a 75 mg Zantac at bedtime to insure no reflux while sleeping. Perfect combination. I have absolutely no issues and a stable endoscopy throughout my course of treatment. Hope this helps.”

grasshopper · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 5, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was on Nexium for more than 4 years and the Barrett's esophagus that I have has been stable. I believe that Nexium has healing properties, but change in diet has to come with it. My husband's insurance now refuses to pay for it because it is supposedly for short term. ”

Better Gut · Taken for 10 years or more April 24, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've been on Nexium off and on for about ten years now. Depending how it was covered under my insurance, I had to go off it at times since it was not covered. I have tried Protronix, Prilosec, Prevacid (30 mg daily and 30mg 2x a day). Prevacid gave me horrible diarrhea. Nexium has been the best. My latest insurance company wanted me to try Dexilant for a month before covering Nexium. Basically one 60 mg Dexilant is like taking two 30mg Prevacids. Didn't do anything but give me a cold after a month, and lots of diarrhea. I always come back to the Nexium. When things improve I ween off it taking it once every other day for a while to get off of it. I have been getting my calcium and magnesium levels check every 6 months, always normal.”

fritzburger · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 9, 2013

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Constipation the worst on this medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 8, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “I have been on this medicine for about three years with good effect. My problem has cleared up. However, for the last week I have woken at about 1.30 am with severe heartburn so obviously the medication no longer is working. ”

RMiller95 · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “After suffering since 2008 a trip to the Emergency room Thanksgiving 2012 resulted in a prescription for Nexium. It has been a life saver, I have been on it less then a week. After having episodes of throwing up at least 5 times a week during the night and heartburn daily my throat was raw and I constantly had issues. It has been amazing to be able to again eat what I want without the repercussions. I was afraid to try it because of the cost pre-insurance but I printed a online discount card and used my insurance and it was very affordable and not to mention I am able to sleep through the night without having my head elevated and the other issues I was having. I have 7 ulcers diagnosed in 2008 and haven't had an issue all week. I LOVE NEXIUM!”

Anonymous November 18, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I've had GERD since I was 14 and I had tried all sorts of OTC and prescription medicines. Most of them worked ok, but I would still have to pop a few Tums before I went to bed. After starting on Nexium I feel great! I've yet to have any signs of heartburn and I haven't had any side effects. This is the most expensive prescription I've had but the cost is well worth it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 10, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Side effects increased over time, arrythmia, chest pain and muscle twitching.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 6, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Little to no heartburn after taking Nexium for 3 days now but high blood pressure, tingly cramps in my stomach that bring me to the verge of throwing up, light headache, difficulty sleeping, throats constrictive. Not sure if I can keep taking Nexium.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 22, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I started with really bad nausea and sick to my stomach when I went to my GI doctor I was diagnosed with due densities and chronic gastritis. I was so sick with nausea twenty four seven I literally felt like I was going to die. I actually told my GI to prescribe me Nexium 40 mg. My GI was hesitant but I insisted took it for a about a month and half and on my second endoscopy my chronic gastritis had gone down to mild gastritis and the nausea is almost gone. Nexium really helped me I don't know about the side effects since I took it at night. But the nausea was still persistent it's just now going away. I can tell you this is one of the best medicines. Stops the acid production by 95 percent something I had to find out on my own. Good luck.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more June 21, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Very effective. No heartburn or difficulty swallowing, or other symptoms during therapy.”

Anonymous February 27, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Nexium was moderately effective at reducing my GERD symptoms, but the side effects made it not worth taking. I had trouble sleeping, felt very lethargic and fatigued, found it difficult to think through complex problems (which, in my job, is a serious concern). I felt constantly run-down and had no energy, but could not get a good night's sleep.”

tomas090 February 17, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I am selecting GERD only because I can't get a correct diagnosis. Been taking Prilosec, Prevacid etc with no help, symptoms include pain that mimicked heart attack, anything I eat feels "Stuck" halfway down esophagus, vomiting almost everything I eat or drink, night time is a horror; acid runs right up into nose and vomit 4-5 times per night Nexium almost immediately stopped all symptoms with no side effects I'm not a Doctor but all I can say is it has been a miracle for me”

Anonymous February 15, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I had been taking Nexium for about the last 10 years. While taking it, I had no problems at all. Prior to taking Nexium, I had difficulties with acid reflux even from something so simple as eating a slice of bread.”

Anonymous February 12, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have had GERD since I was 19 years. For some reason I eat Ketchup with everything. I am 31 now. I've use Nexium in the past and my acid reflux always went away. Recently I've had upper back pains, cold chills, stomach and heart burns and the worse belly pain ever after I ate. The doctor sent me for a blood test which came back negative for any infections. I was placed on Nexium. Within 2 days I felt much better. I would recommend this for anyone. Wish I tried it before I did the ultrasound of my kidney, liver and gallbladder together with a chest x ray. I guess you got to pay a high price for a good product like Nexium. But I don't mind. I feel much better now.”

Anonymous January 31, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “It worked great but made me really dizzy. Has anyone experienced this?”

Anonymous January 27, 2012

Nexium (esomeprazole): “I had two instances of stomach pain last year. I was administered Gas X and subsequently I was put on Nexium. After taking Nexium for 60 days I get relief but if I don't control diet I feel like having stomach pain again two months after discontinuing Nexium. I have gallstones. Nexium seems to work well to ward off stomach pain. ”