User Reviews for Esomeprazole (Page 7)

Also known as: Nexium, Nexium 24HR, Nexium IV

Gastric Ulcer Prophylaxis 1.0
Summary of Esomeprazole reviews 6.9 186 reviews

Reviews for Esomeprazole

GERDGAL May 20, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: “It helps so much. Before this, my life was miserable with the morning nausea then vomiting tons of acid straight from the stomach. It is not a way to live. We need to be grateful we have resources such as Nexium and other options to help and to treat these conditions. I know for sure in my case!”

chromebags May 15, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Was given Nexium after my H. pylori infection. Worked very well in healing my stomach, but I had to take it everyday for a number of years.”

maneysm April 14, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “This medication worked great, but insurance doesn't cover, can't afford anymore. Too bad now have to take something else.”

choctawokie April 10, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Nexium is great. Pantoprazole (Protonix) also works just as good.”

Jeremy S February 17, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “After 3 days on Nexium my reflux is completely gone. But I now have nausea, body aches, constant mild headache, rash, tiredness, dizziness and worst ever stomach cramps.”

Megala57 January 2, 2011

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I have been on Nexium for at least 3-4 years. It did take a change in medicine to two pills a day, but I have not changed my diet like I should have. Nexium cured my Barrett's and I am on a 2 year endoscopy check now so I love it.”

len_d77 June 11, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have been taking Nexium every morning for a few years now and I never get Heartburn. I can eat and drink anything that would usually cause Heartburn past.”

Anonymous June 4, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “I was diagnosed with Barrett's about 3 years ago and went on Nexium. I take 1 x 40mg pill a day. A year ago I had a gastroscopy and my Barrett's was gone. I will continue to have a scopy every two years to monitor it. I will probably be on it forever. I have no side effects from taking it either.”

Anonymous May 15, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I have taken NEXIUM for about 10 yrs. It works so good! Though the last 6 months I have used tums also. But the insurance says it isn't for acid reflux and won't let me have any more. Having a lot of trouble finding something that works! I want my Nexium back, it hurts so bad all of the time, even just a glass of water makes me hurt.”

MonteKat April 21, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I started taking Nexium for gastroesophageal reflux disease. Found it helped keeping Rosacea under control. What a wonderful "side-effect"”

Anonymous April 21, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Barrett's Esophagus: “Became very constipated on this medication.”

Elena1 March 6, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Diagnosed with acid hitting my throat (LPR). Have a small stomach hernia that is not allowing sphichter to close. It was a rough 6 month till I was diagnosed. 3 Doctors insisted I had allergies. Found another Doctor that finally that advised I had "silent acid reflux". Have cut out all the usual foods that cause more acid but in my case, my ears hurt (they tell me you have lots of nerves through the throat that go up to the ears and sinuses). Symptoms are: burning ears, flaring up through the sinuses, pain in the back of the neck up through the top of the back of my head. Have been on Nexium for 3 months. It helped but flaring returns 10-50%. Have come off Nexium to do the tests on how my GI is working. Nexium helped but lots of side effects.”

Anonymous February 20, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I had excess acid all of my life including as a child. As an adult I was miserable because all of my friends and family could eat anything at any time. I often would sit up in bed for hours trying to sleep. I tried everything, then my doctor put me on Nexium. I has been heaven. I eat normally. I sleep normally. I don't hurt, belch, and/or throw up any more. No side effects after over two years. Love this stuff.”

LOrina January 28, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Excessive eating of chocolates and other sweets can lead me to have a sore throat. I asked my friend what to take and so she adviced me to take nexium. After a week of taking this medicine, my sore throat was gone. It was so amazing. I just love it!”

Anonymous January 25, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I originally took this for three months a year ago. It worked great during the time with minimal side effects. Went off of it with no problem and had no heartburn for quite a long time. When I had an acid reflux episode last fall, I took it for about a week, where all these weird side effects happened. Developed lower right back pain, joints kept cracking when moving, and the occasional stomach pain in the lower left abdomen. Am disappointed since it was the only thing that really helped my reflux.”

MarcO2 January 11, 2010

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I was ticked at first when TRICARE Prime refused to pay for the Nexium I had been prescribed when on Active Duty. Tried the VA too and they said no too. VA prescribed omeprazole and after two weeks of 40mg/day taken before two meals, I'm fine! No reflux. OK so far. Good because I like saving money.”

hpylori December 1, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Helicobacter Pylori Infection: “Being on this medicine for the first 5 days was hard, felt sicker then ever with symptoms of mild diarrhea, some hives, worst nausea, fatigue. This started to improve day 6. After being on it for a week am almost back to normal. Felt like the drugs had to work on the H.Pylori, then the body had to work on getting the drug out of the body.”

Anonymous November 30, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Took this a year ago for about 3 months, and seemed to work for the most part. Just had a little bit of stomach 'pain' due to the PPI's being blocked. Went off after that duration and had few issues. Later, I was on it for two weeks and it gave me strange side effects like lower abdominal aches in the back, a 'butterfly in the stomach' sensation that would not go away to the point where I would get 'attacks'. In the future, I'll only use this medicine for a week or so in case I really need it.”

Anonymous October 12, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for Erosive Esophagitis: “Always works!! But I make sure I am not dependent on it. I use it after a pause of 3 months. Nexium has a acid rebound effect once stopped abruptly. If you bear this, it will disappear in 2 - 3 days.”

Anonymous September 7, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for NSAID-Induced Gastric Ulcer: “This medicine works very well for me. I highly recommend it, as it dramatically reduces the amount of acid in my stomach after a gastric ulcer bleed, which after being repaired, I do NOT want to experience that pain again.”

Anonymous September 2, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I thought it was working until I developed severe stomach cramps that wouldn't go away. Got scoped and discovered I had fairly severe damage to the esophagus which had reduced the efficiency of swallowing down to 10%. Don't assume the medication is working unless you get checked. They switched me to omeprazole. ”

Anonymous August 21, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole): “It has been great for treating the stomach ulcers but my insurance will only pay for 90 days in a 6 month period.”

Anonymous August 12, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “I had severe dyspepsia. Fantastic results even taking one pill every 2-3 days, until 3-4 weeks in I began having diarrhea. ”

RussK July 31, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “The Purple Pill really does provide 24 hour heartburn relief!”

Anonymous June 18, 2009

Nexium (esomeprazole) for GERD: “Nexium seemed to be the answer for the first 3 years but lately it has fallen short and all the pain has returned with vengeance. There always was the side effects of headaches, gas and elevated blood pressure.”