User Reviews for Lexapro

Anxiety
7.8

Summary of Lexapro reviews 7.8 1,371 reviews

Reviews for Lexapro

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I trudged through 15 years of depression and anxiety too afraid to pick up the phone, too embarrassed to be the next one in my family who admits mental health issues. I finally forced myself to make an appointment with a doctor I didn't even know. Just over 3 months on Lexapro later, and it's the best decision I've ever made. I started on 10mg and am now on 20mg. Sweating and tingles were my only side effects, and only for the first week on 10mg and the first week on 20mg. They faded, and it would have been worth it even if they hadn't. I am now positive throughout my day, don't have the afternoon crash, and don't dread every work moment anymore. 9 /10"

CardinalsDrew (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Anxiety "I think it is working well at the moment but I am on kolopin also. I think it is for much for same problem lexapro 20 mg an kolopin is .05 at night. What do you think."

Dad1941 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2018

For Depression "I have been on lexapro for around 9 months. I started on 10mg then went to 15mg (liquid version). It worked well to start off but then it started to not work as often. It made me gain 13kgs in the span of 7 months and for that side effect, the drug wasn't doing enough for me. I am now going to change to another medicine, maybe prozac and see how I go."

Lisayyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 16, 2018

For Anxiety "There’s no need to be suffering. This medication is an anxiety GAME CHANGER. I’m on 10mg a day. I work out every day have not gained an ounce. 6 months later my sex life is thriving! When you feel better, you feel sexier. I’m 47 and shocked folks are having sex issues and weight gain. Get out there and grab life!"

Paula (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 15, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Thank goodness for this med. I had severe anxiety after I had my baby. So bad I couldn't eat, sleep, etc. A few weeks on this and I was a new person. I got to be the mother I wanted to be. I'm so glad I have my life back."

Goose Lady (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 15, 2018

For Anxiety "I'm making an update ( from my 5 week post) as I'm now approaching the two month mark on Lexapro. I am on 10 mg, and I'm feeling like a happier and less nervous wreck than I was 2 months ago. I feel motivated when I wake up, I'm back to working out again, I don't cry over senseless matters anymore, and I don't get angry over the smallest matters. I feel more comfortable going out in public again and holding conversations, whereas that felt impossible before starting Lexapro. I still have work I need to do outside of just taking Lexapro and expecting it to change my life, but it's given me the motivation to help myself and not feel miserable in the process. Only con I have at this point is occasional brain fog, but I've found that keeping a consistent sleeping routine and eating healthier has helped that a lot. I hope you all feel better soon and stay encouraged that recovery is possible! You will find what works for you! Be blessed."

Starry87 August 15, 2018

For Depression "Lexapro was my miracle medication for a couple of years and all of sudden it stopped working. I had very little side effects, if any, and it gave me my life back. Years later, we tried Lexapro again with no relief from depression."

Dixie (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2018

For Depression "I currently take Lexapro 17.5mg for OCD/depression/anxiety. This drug has given me my life back. I was going off the deep end until I was prescribed this medication. I had some side effects to start off (trouble sleeping, weight gain), but have curbed these side effects through diet and exercise. Lexapro does a great job lifting depression and definitely helps with anxiety. I highly recommend this SSRI over Zoloft, which I was on for about 2 years. I also like the fact that the dosing of this med is much lower than that of Zoloft. Great experience with Lexapro. Helps with some of my anger too."

K-Man-Money (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 10, 2018

For Anxiety "After suffering with anxiety and panic attacks for around 25 years. The panic attacks were only getting worse. I couldn’t even have a conversation with another person without getting really anxious and having to leave the situation. I had to do something, I wanted my life back! My doctor prescribed me the generic brand 5mg. I didn’t want to take it because just like you reading this, the thought of taking it made me even more anxious. I started taking it July 29th. I am taking 2.5mg as of right now. I honestly felt more calm the first night I took it. The next day I just felt kinda foggy and tired. I am on day 4. It makes me nauseous, a little dizzy sometimes if I get up to fast, and it has given me gas, as well as feeling a little more anxious during the day at time. I take it at night around 9. I am going to stick it out and see what happens. I’m really hoping that this medicine is what I need to get my life back."

Staying positive (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2018

For Depression "Just started on this medicine. I really can't rate it, I do know it gives me a headache. From all the reviews the first couple of weeks are the hardest. We shall see."

Vicky (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2018

For Anxiety "24 years of age and I've experienced chronic depression, anxiety, OCD, and body dysmorphic disorder (BDD) for about the last 12 years. I have been on various medications and I can say that by taking Lexapro, I'm finally getting my life and self back. Before this medication, my OCD/BDD rituals and thoughts were consuming anywhere from 3-10 hours of my day. Since week 2 of this medication, the thoughts and rituals have been less and less. I'm on week 5, and I feel like it's helping more and more each day with anxious, obsessive thoughts and the down moods. I pray this medication continues to work for me, because I finally feel like I can be something and accomplish what I've always wanted for myself. I'm so grateful for this medication, and the very few side effects I experienced starting this drug (mild headaches, slight dizziness, and dry mouth). Overall, I'm very satisfied with this medication so far."

Starry87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2018

For Anxiety "This was the first medication I took for my anxiety and depression. When I talked to my doctor about my mental health before he prescribed this I was a lot more anxious than depressed. As I started taking it, it helped a lot. Not only I noticed a difference, but everyone around me also did, saying how much more outgoing I was, and I was. It helped with my anxiety and my depression wasn’t a big issue, but as I continued to take it, my depression slowly got worse and worse. I eventually stopped going to school and missed like 3 months worth of classes, being in college this was terrible, considering most classes only allow 3-5 absences for an entire semester. Needless to say, my grades went downhill causing me to fall deeper into my depression and never leave my house. Eventually I stopped taking it and while I’m still depressed and anxious, it’s not as bad as the Lexapro made it. So I’d say for anxiety, it was a great medication, but depression wise it was absolutely terrible."

km (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Lexapro made my life normal again, until I was so stressed and I'm diagnosed bipolar that I started to feel manic. Now my Doctor will add lexapro to quetiapine for bipolar disorder. I hope that it has the same effect that it had before on me. I loved it. It brought my life back"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2018

For Anxiety "I am currently just over a week in and I haven't experienced anxiety like this since my nervous breakdown 3 years ago which I spent years building up a healthy mental state after. At first I started with a quarter of a pill, then went to 5mg, then had immediate horrible anxiety the next day! As I type this I am on my 4th pill of 5mg and LIFE IS AWFUL RIGHT NOW. I also have every damned side effect in the book! Thanks Lexapro, I lost 5 kilos thanks to your free weight loss program! I am consulting my doctor about the future of this med in my life, I don't care if people say you have to wait it out 3-4 weeks... I honestly don't see hope in that happening, and also you don't know whether it will WORK or NOT after that period... not worth the ANXIETY."

P_atrick (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Anxiety "Got almost every side effect and not one positive thing has come from it. The "stick with it" advice is rubbish for me, lexapro is a bad medicine."

Rick (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 23, 2018

For Anxiety "I resisted getting on medication for three years of suffering from major panic attacks after losing a baby. I wish I would’ve started earlier. This has helped me so much! The first two weeks sucked I have to admit, I felt worse. But after reading everybody saying stick it out I’m so glad I did. I started feeling better after a few weeks but it took a good three months to really feel balanced. I don’t get panic attacks anymore but I still get occasional anxiety here in there. I don’t feel like a different person at all and I want to add that I did not have depression so I don’t see a difference in that at all but that was not my problem, the anxiety was. I hope this helps somebody because I did a lot of reading before I started. I was so afraid to get on medication but again I want to add I wish I would’ve done it earlier. Nothing to be ashamed about. I’ve been on it for five months now."

MP (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2018

For Depression "I'm currently taking Lexapro 30 mg for the last year it's really help with my depression been on it for years and doing really well but I talk to my doctor and added a mood stabilizer it's called Ruxli. It's really made a big difference and it definitely boost your personality and your moods sleep well everything is changes it's amazing combination to take together when you're depressed and you get anxiety I would highly recommend it"

JR July 20, 2018

For Depression "37 Female mom of 2. I have hormones imbalance, anxiety and occasional depression - genetic - first of all hang in there it takes a couple months for the full effect - I kept quitting because of the sexual side effects and never fully gave it time to work! hang in there after a few months I was back to my old self, high sex drive and amazing orgasms! - I don’t feel detached or numb, I feel in control, calmer and more focused. - I did not gain any weight, take the tablet after a meal. Previously I took it on an empty tummy and felt hungry all the time. Take a good probiotic and good multivitamins. Take walks & meditate. - drug did not ruin my creativity - I can sit longer with my children, connect with them and I'm less impatient, I am a much more empathetic and attentive listener. - this drug turned my life around. I suffered through my childhood and early adult years with definite low serotonin. - I sleep better! - my skin is better - stress free. I accept myself and love myself more. "

GoGirl July 19, 2018

For Anxiety "Starting 4th week moved up from 5 to 7.5 and now my prescribed dose of 10mg. I’ve failed with others but think this may be the one to help with anxiety and panic attacks. I have noticed I am much better in some situations. The biggest problem so far is gas. Gas like I never thought possible. I mean big WHOMP gas. Sometimes I don’t ever know it’s there like standing up to get off the plane or reaching down at the water cooler. Hopefully that will pass soon."

Bobo (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I been on lexapro for very bad anxiety and I have anxiety because I have PCOS and keep getting UTI'S because of it UTI can effect the mind like a bad virus. I have only been on it about a week but I can feel a difference. Before it I didn't want to do things or go out of my house I battled anxiety for 4 years with no meds cause I'm scared to even take OTC meds so this was a battle but after a miscarriage my doctor though it was best . The first week has been a little struggle, I started out on 5mg and move to 10mg in 2 weeks. I say to anyone interested - try it. Life is hard but Lexapro makes it ok. No it's not a cure but It helps ...."

Lizzie (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2018

For Anxiety "I’ve been taking 10mg for just over a year now. It has REALLY helped my overall anxiety and mood swings from perimenopause. Getting started on this was VERY tough for me. The side effects were not very pleasant and I definitely felt worse before I felt better. Klonopin helped get through the first few weeks. I would say after probably 3 months ALL the side effects were gone and I didn’t feel like I was “on” anything, which was a relief! After the first 3 weeks or so MOST of the symptoms had greatly decreased/disappeared. I’m glad I stuck it out and continued taking it. It has been a huge help overall and I have very little anxiety about driving places that I am unfamiliar with like I was before. There is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there!"

Mom of 3 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2018

For Depression "I was on 10 mg for about 3 months. It did help me get out of bed, and made me more alert. However, also made me very talkative (I'm usually quiet) and also gave me mood swings. I would get out of control when the medication would wear off. I had to stop taking it because my anger would get out of control. Overall it helps with depression but I couldn't handle the mood swings, so I had to stop. I started cutting the tablet in half for 1 week then stopped without any major side effects, only bad headaches for about 2 weeks."

562calikid (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2018

For Depression "Came off of Zoloft, 100 mg with horrible daily nightmares that caused me to not want to sleep. Tried lexapro 10mg for 2 weeks - horrible stomach cramps and diarrhea the WHOLE entire time! Plus it’s getting worse not better! Went to the dr, am trying something else!"

Unimpressed (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2018

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I am on my 10th day of lexapro and I notice some improvement. I hope it will continue."

Ian July 2, 2018

For Depression "I’ve been on Lexapro 5mg for 4 weeks now. I was in a deep depression and extreme anxiety. The Lexapro began to lift the depression within a few days. It has helped anxiety but not as much as it has helped the depression. I am now sleeping the entire night and don’t need as much ambien, I have been able to cut down to half of what I was using before. Side effects to start were intense lethargy, some jaw clenching. These side effects are improving everyday."

Lynny79 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018