User Reviews for Duloxetine to treat Depression (Page 8)

Also known as: Cymbalta, Drizalma Sprinkle, Irenka

Duloxetine Rating Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 191 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Duloxetine

Kay F. · Taken for less than 1 month June 23, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “Just took it at its smallest available dose this past week. I was replacing my Zoloft because I felt that my depression is more of a reaction to my anxiety, so my doc put me on this which is known to treat both, unlike Zoloft which only treats depression. I have yet to experience any bad side effects like many do in the beginning, and if anything it actually treated the side effects of getting off Zoloft, like nerve tingliness. It gives me an overall sense of calm, and unlike other anxiety meds, it doesn't sacrifice by concentration and memory which is very important since I'm a full time student. It calmed my anxiety and allowed me to sleep, which in result, I don't feel depression. A+ on this medication so far.”

houdini95 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 21, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “This drug has changed my life. Before taking Cymbalta I was depressed, anxious and borderline suicidal. Within a few weeks of my first dose (60mg) I noticed that I was more outgoing, friendly and that my mood has significantly improved. Although I experience some sexual side effects, the drug has been incredible on the whole. I'd highly recommend it.”

Anonymous June 15, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “It works one of the few antidepressants that I can take that doesn't have any side effects I can notice. Other antidepressants in other families, I.e. SSRI's I know I cannot take due to the side effects. With cymbalta, I don't feel any side effects, and I seem to function alright. I know it works because off it, I can't pull it together and am in bed most of the time, so it works. I give it a B+ because I can't take it at its highest dose without getting too overstimulated. I take it at 30mg.”

caden byran · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 12, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “It alleviates my depression. But I have some headache, I am not sure if it is caused by the drug”

shouwang2007 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2017

“This worked for a while, but not a long time”

joebloe256 · Taken for less than 1 month May 17, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I've been having anxiety and depression issues recently and since I've had back surgery and residual pain, my doc put me on 40 mg of Cymbalta. About 3 hours after I took my first dose I had the worst migraine I've ever had in my life, coupled with nausea, finally vomiting, cold chills, auditory hallucinations (low rumbling sound, plus my tinnitus got worse,) sleeplessness, loss of appetite and everything tasted like aspirin. The next morning my wife and I attempted to have sex. While I did have an erection, after almost two hours of trying I never even got close to an orgasm. Now I'm in some discomfort. For a drug that's supposed to make me feel better, I'd never take it again.”

Kypr May 11, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “Previous med Lexapro quit working after several years. Cymbalta seemed to work for the 1st week but I think it may have been placebo effect, after about a week my body started hurting and feeling hot from the inside especially my legs below my knees. After about 3 weeks stiff neck, hot flashes, restlessness, anxiety, headaches. 4 weeks all these plus talking in sleep, joint pain, body aches, stiff feeling, trouble focusing and I asked to be taken off it. I was only at 30mg.”

lonesomecharlie · Taken for less than 1 month May 9, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “Horrible headache, drowsiness, feeling of paralysis, and diarrhea”

sylla April 27, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I just started it , but felt it working already. Compare to Citalopram that I used before. I'm excited cause I have hope that Cymbalta will help with my depression and my back pain”

Californado · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “First 24 hours my experience is as follows: I made up a joke about my experience since I had lots of time last night to think about it; I certainly wasn't sleeping. So I go to this really sleazy bar called 'The Cymbalta'. I order a shot of E Coli. I'm still standing so I tell the bartender to pour me some Dysentery. Then I try a frosty mug of Swine Flu. In other words, this stuff is like taking poison! My idea for Contraindications. 1) Not recommended for anyone who is actually alive. 2) Not recommended if you are more than 10 feet away from a toilet bowl. Yeah, I know all drugs have side effects, and this probably a transitory condition that will eventually go away. Maybe. I just don't think I can wait for the "feeling better" part to begin”

Yeti2 April 26, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I feel very conflicted about this medication. For about 80% of the day it helps me to be more stable and less reactionary. But then every day or every other day I have a breakdown and start sobbing, get very moody and paranoid, accuse my partner of not loving/caring about me, want to self harm and die. It has helped my chronic pain and doesn't cause me to dissociate constantly like many antidepressants do. However, I'm not sure it's worth it because of the breakdowns, but I'm scared to go off of it because I heard withdrawal is awful. I am just about ready to give up on medication altogether at this point.”

CymbaltaFan April 23, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “Cymbalta has been an incredible drug for me. Since taking Cymbalta, I have been able to enjoy life more, sleep less and feeling more refreshed, reduction in pain, and improved memory and concentration. Recently, I have been studying for an exam. This is a hard exam, that I previously had failed before, while not taking Cymbalta. I started taking Cymbalta, approximately in January. The months leading up to the exam, I was more focused, and able to concentrate better than I can last remember. I know that Cymbalta doesn't treat concentration or memory problems, but I think that sometimes if you are depressed, it can have a severe affect on concentration. Thank you Cymbalta for helping me in my life.”

Jennifer Breese · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “After reading some of these comments I realize I'm not alone I just broke down about an hour ago not understanding why am so depressed I'm not sad but I'm depressed I am a cancer patient that is 40 years old and I've been battling cancer and severely depressed since I was 24 I just recently spent a month in bed because I was in such horrible pain I finally ended up in the hospital because my cancers back once again and they upped my dose from 30 mg to 60 mg to help with pain and depression. I haven't noticed that it helps with any pain but I have had all the side effects but I've read in these comments I'm so glad I found this now I know to stop taking this med but I'm terrified of the side effects to come I haven't worked since January 5 I get discharge from the hospice house on February 20 and all I can do is go to the bathroom and lay in my chair I'm fighting so hard to be happy but nothing is working”

KDev · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I experienced brain "zaps" and severe mood changes on Cymbalta. It worked great for neuropathy at first but it worsened my depression and anxiety. I felt restless all the time, like I was climbing the walls. Eventually I felt numb and unable to function. My doctor refused to take me off of it, so I took myself off and found a new doctor who refilled my Zoloft prescription.”

C_M_07 March 28, 2017

“I am 20 years old. I was struggling with anxiety and depression for several years. Both peaked my junior year of college and I found it too much to bear. I went to my family doctor and he prescribed me 30 mg duloxetine. It changed my life in the most positive way. Before I started taking it, I would wake up every morning nauseous from anxiety. I was never at ease, I had the worst self confidence and thoughts of suicide. I was dreading my future. Now, my quality of life has greatly improved. I get excited when I think of what my life will bring. I wake up, and I live life. Things aren't perfect but compared to where I was 6 months ago, they are incredible. I don't know if it's for everyone, but it worked for me and I am so grateful.”

Kage7 · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2017

“My doctor prescribed me Duloxetine 30mg for depression/anxiety and I really wanted to like it, but I just can't. I took this drug for just 2 days and after that, I had to stop (starting today). After taking this horrible drug, my eyes has become sensitive to light, feels badly strained. I also get blurry vision sometimes, but worst of all, I woke up this morning with dry blood in my right eye. It wasn't a lot, but it was enough to force me to quit this drug. I regret ever taking this drug. I've had healthy eyes my entire life and I'm really hoping these symptoms go away soon. I will never touch this drug again and I would never recommend it to anyone. I refuse to take any drug that messes with your eyes.”

bfdarvey3744 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I must say that it helped with my neuropathy, but from day one, I had a terrible time urinating and was experiencing horrible nightmares. As soon as I discontinued it, these symptoms went away. I am on Zoloft now without any problems.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 26, 2017

“Been taking generic cymbalta for about 2 months for depression, anxiety, and OCD. When I first started I fluctuated between super tired and super hyper, that lasted for a few weeks. I also got dizzy a lot. After about 4 weeks all the side effects went away and now it's helping a lot with depression and helps a bit with anxiety and OCD. Your mileage may vary but for me this medication has been a godsend.”

ccinsf · Taken for less than 1 month March 23, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I had such a mixed experience on Cymbalta. I took it for 1 month. It made half my day awful, and the other half great. I would take it in the morning (30mg) and for the first half of the day I would feel this dark undercurrent, but kind of speedy at the same time. It made me have terrible anxiety and paranoia and I fought with my husband in the mornings, accusing him of petty things. Then around 1pm this darkness would lift and I would feel happy; it was really bizarre. But the damage done to my marriage from my behavior in the mornings was terrible. I hope my husband can forgive me for the drama. My last dose was 2 days ago and I feel much more stable and sane. I did not like how this drug altered my personality so much in the mornings.”

Sugarplumsquirrel March 9, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I took it for 5 days 30mg and have never felt so sick. The first day I was crippled with diarrhea and a headache which continued to the following day. I then got a tightness in my throats and couldn't stop yawning. I stopped eating due to the nausea.The headache didn't go away and by day 3 was joined by an earache and sweating. Yesterday was the worst. All of I sudden my vision became blurry and I couldn't talk properly. It was terrifying. Like my brain stopped working. I couldn't drive and was so dizzy I kept falling over. I stopped immediately and now have to wait 3 days for it to leave my system. I still feel horrendous and I still can't see properly.”

YoAc · Taken for less than 1 month February 18, 2017

“My pyschiatrist put me on Duloxetine 30 mg. in the beginning of 2 weeks my appetite decreased and also I felt more worsening of depression. It took me 4 weeks to actually kick in this medication and I am improving day by day now. I am more social and enjoying my life. I want to say to all of u is that take this medication time. It takes time to actually kick in and also side effects will go away. Thank you Cymbalta”

Kingkeating · Taken for less than 1 month February 12, 2017

“Fantastic”

OLAL February 11, 2017

“My first experience with this drug absolutely horrible! Dr.prescribed me Cymbalta for mild depression and sleeping disorders. So,In first day I start feeling a little chills, then hot flashes..back and forth...Woman my age 52 I thought it's just menopause.. But really heavy one, .. then something happened to my brain, everything ..my thinking, my reaction, even my speech became really slow,...I hardly drove back home from work, feels like I was drunk. But it got worse, I get more anxious and depressed and I haven't slept the whole night. On the second day when I went to work... my workers thought, I'm coming down with a cold,because I was looking absolutely sick..then my face and neck turned red, then I knew ...it's side effect”

Not The Same. February 4, 2017

“I have been on Duloxetine by Teva but recently had to switch to Prasco Labs and in two day I am irritated with everything including myself. I have had a horrible headache and my stomach does not feel right. I have not had a change in any other medication and the pharmacist is talking to me like I am CRAZY! Please say someone else has had this experience and what do I do? If it is not covered the price is $275.”

Happy again 1 February 3, 2017

Cymbalta (duloxetine): “I will make it real simple. IT CHANGED MY LIFE FOR THE BETTER. I am out going, I love talking to people again! I have always been an introvert. No any longer. I've tried every med for depression with really no success. I enjoy laughing again, and my coworkers are now involving me with them. I always felt like a loner. All those sad emotions are gone. It has been a miracle drug for me. I never thought I could feel so good.”