User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 8)

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 6.6
Back Pain 6.0
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 6.4 1,464 reviews

Reviews for Cymbalta

Skippy · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 25, 2019

For Depression: “I was prescribed 30mg at first to help with depression. After talking with my doctor, he decided to increase the dosage to 60mg. I was using it for 9 years and at first it seemed to help. But after a couple of years, it felt like I had a tight band around my head. And I was always dizzy when I stood up. Tried to stop taking it and it felt like I had the flu. So I continued taking it. Then last year, I got tired of the head pain and dizziness. I opened up each capsule to remove 5 mg. I then waited for 2 weeks to remove another 5mg. By doing it this way, I didn't have any withdrawal symptoms and am finally off of it! If it works for you, great! But be prepared for a struggle to quit taking it!”

mrdad · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 23, 2019

For Depression: “Was put on this 5 years ago. It works good but there is one thing they won't tell you. The withdrawal symptoms are horrendous. I will probably never be able to stop taking this. If I miss only one day I get vertigo and brain zaps. Read up on it and it turns out they lied to the FDA about how many people had withdrawal symptoms. It's 70 percent! Some people experience withdrawal symptoms that last a year! So what does the FDA do? A little fine and a class action lawsuit that already expired by the time I realized how bad the withdrawal symptoms are. Eli-Lilly should have been sued out of existence but of course big pharma has the FDA in their pocket. Really read up on the documentation the FDA report and what it says about how they fudged things. It's unbelievable. I wish I never was put on this.”

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2019

For Anxiety: “This medication really did work, and helped me with my anxiety, it increased my appetite, I was talkative, but... It turned me into a complete douche bag, I would scream at people and completely lose it after something insignificant happened, I was in a dark place and always on the edge.”

Judy · Taken for 10 years or more June 20, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “I suffered from the pain of fibromyalgia for 20 years and I got my life back after I started to use Cymbalta. I have no more pain, other than that of many 71 year olds. I consider myself one of the very fortunate people that it works so well for me. I can take fitness classes now and feel the improvement from them tremendously. I also think that what likely helped me work etc. when I had the symptoms was the fact that I did mild exercise six mornings a week for 20 min. on the recommendation of an amazing doctor who recognized what I had before most people had even heard of it and told me exercise was supposed to help. I walked up and down my stairs then used a cross trainer (slowly) - when my husband decided I was wearing out our carpet!”

Holly · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2019

For Chronic Pain: “I have RSD = Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy which is a nerve problem cause by damaged nerves, mine is in my right foot in my toes. This Pain is so bad it makes you cry it is that painful. I have had this for 15 years and I will always have been told there is no cure for this disease. My Dr put me on Cymbalta, keep in mind I also have a pain pump in planted in me to also help the pain which it does help but there are times I need to take that edge off, so he put me on Cymbalta been taking it now for a few weeks I have noticed a huge difference in the pain being much much less. It is doing the job it was given to me to do and is working well. Nothing worse than being in pain and not being able to live life, it is miserable but now things have gotten better, not in that miserable state where it ruins your life, life is so much better!”

Babzter · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2019

For Depression: “All the old meds had stopped working. I was in so much emotional pain, weeping uncontrollably, hating everyone, but reluctant to take Cymbalta due to bad press. I’m convinced it saved my life. It had a remarkable effect almost immediately. Plus (bonus!) no more back or hip pain!”

Loz · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 17, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “I have anxiety, panic disorder, autism, ADHD, sensory processing disorder. Overall I have had a very positive response to duloxetine. Side effects: There is the initial fatigue & a lot of yawning. That went away after about 3 weeks. I had difficulty peeing during the night. This faded over time. Difficulty to orgasm after I went up to 90mg, this faded after a few weeks. This medication makes my brain work better & gives me a better quality of life and an opportunity to live rather than just survive. If you identify with any of my symptoms & have been recommended duloxetine by your doctor, I say it is worth giving it a try. When it is the right medication for you it is life changing! And please don't rush to come off them. If you need them you need them and that's okay. They are your friend. I feel grateful that science has given me this opportunity to support me.”

Zoe · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 17, 2019

For Fibromyalgia: “Look up Cymbalta Syndrome. If prescribed, before you take it- research it- have your dr research it. It will help for 2-3 yrs MAX. Getting off of it is a whole other story- the manufactures KNEW this- and pushed it anyway. They could fix this issue but choose not to. This drug needs to be removed from the market! You don’t know long term pain and crippling sickness until you try to get off this med. The manufacturer gave us no easy way to taper, no painless way to wean off. I am on my 2nd YEAR of weaning and I will be honest- withdrawals can last months to YEARS. I have 30 mg still to go till I am Cymbalta free... and tons of horrific side effects to still face. Do your research- don’t take this pill, it is beyond hell. And big pharma knew it.... yet sell it anyway as well as pay drs to prescribe it and down play the true horrors of it”

Mike · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2019

For Back Pain: “My doctor prescribed to me Cymbalta for my back pain. After 4 days the awfulness started. This meds are terrible! Dizziness, nausea, messing my brain, anxiety, loopy. I don't recognize my self. I didn't have this before. Can't take it more because I feel like it will cost mental illness. Horrible”

CJ June 15, 2019

For Depression: “I am prescribed this medication for over-focused ADHD and depression. Before trying this medication I was on Adderall once, and Modafinil once, all for a short time. The Cymbalta medication has really helped me. The pain of depression is gone, my thoughts are in a better scope, and I don't feel as deeply and get into moods. While not feeling as deeply might sound bad to some people, it is a real issue for me. With my depression at bay I'm much more able to focus on what I need to do and do it with a good attitude. I notice I don't obsess over things as much and am able to be present in the moment, and easily change my train of thought to the next thing. I'm very happy I trusted my doctor on this, because at first I really didn't like the idea. I know this is temporary, but I trust in the medication to put me in a safe place. Understand that the bad reviews are obvious in that some people were simply misdiagnosed. I have no negative side effects at all.”

J · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Depression: “Took Cymbalta for 90 days. My doctor initially prescribed me a 30 mg/daily dosage and I lost sexual function. I went down to 20 mg and it seemed to amplify my depression and anxiety. I stopped taking it a week ago and have felt absolutely horrible since then. I WILL NEVER TAKE THIS DRUG AGAIN! THIS STUFF IS POISON!!!”

lilflower June 14, 2019

For Depression: “I was on Cymbalta about 3 years ago and it worked pretty well but I lost my job and insurance so I went off it cold turkey...no way!!! Sick to my stomach constantly, brain zaps and feeling like I was drunk couldn't even walk straight. then just recently I have fell into a deep depression and decided to go back on it and this time it made me go into a severe deeper depression that I never thought could happen to me. Couldn't get out of bed for almost 4 weeks. I said forget this and off I went again. So far no side effects getting off because I was only on it a month. Good luck!!!”

TW · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 14, 2019

For Depression: “My Dr. started me on Cymbalta about a month ago. I go to a VA clinic and my Dr. is a great psychiatrist whom has many many years in practice. I told him of all my issues and problems and he ordered this med for me. I am currently maintained on other meds for opiate withdrawal, so I’ve been through the rough stuff before. I gotta say, even from day one , which made me slightly woozy, and some queazy, it is a wonderful drug for me. The queasiness subsided after a couple of days, and I noticed almost immediately my depression was decreased dramatically. It also did wonders for my anxiety. I have no issues with this med, it’s great for me. Not all people have the exact same imbalance , so I suggest to shop around until you find the right one. If you are getting meds from a general physician. I suggest you see a well qualified physiatrist and tell him exactly what you feel and when and how, and he can get you pretty close to the center of the dartboard of what med you need.”

Beth · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 13, 2019

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: “One year Cymbalta honest review. I started Cymbalta about a year ago as I have struggled all my life with social anxiety and general anxiety. About a month before I started taking it, I started getting really bad anxiety attacks every day and had my first ever panic attack (Which prompted the doctor's visit for help).The first week was OK. I had no appetite and felt anxious all the time for no reason. Then, suddenly my whole mood changed and I became a lot more cheerful and talkative person. I actually wanted to do things, instead of stay at home. Note to everyone with bad reviews: this doesn't work overnight. It takes time for the chemicals in your brain to balance. I would say it takes 2 weeks to see some effects to take place, and at least a month or two to experience the full positive effects. But, it is so worth it! I highly recommend Cymbalta to those struggling with depressive thoughts or anxiety disorders! I have only had ONE anxiety attack since taking it, and no panic attacks”

Frosty · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 11, 2019

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “Diagnosed with Idiopathic Small Nerve fiber neuropathy and eventually put on Cymbalta. 60 mg daily. Been taking it for 5 years. First week was difficult but my Neurologist encouraged me to soldier through. Relief began after about the 5th day. My main complaint is fatigue. On the upside, I sleep like a teenager. I’m retired so I can sleep in. I don’t think I would be able to work on this though. Recently, I discovered I can get by with 60 mg every other day. That’s what brought me here. Looking for info about that. I have an appointment with my Neurologist in July and wanted more info before I discuss my condition”

chloejo · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “NOTHING is worth the suffering you will endure trying to come off this medication. Do not take this drug unless it is your last resort.”

Khaleesi · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Cymbalta did not help me. I was on it for about 6 months and it literally did nothing. It worked for my mom, but not for me. I have tried it twice in my life and neither time did it help.”

JDMAM June 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Remember this, everyone is different. Find the right medicine for you. I went on Cymbalta 7 years ago after I had an autoimmune disease and suffered from depression & anxiety. It was great. I went off of it for 3.5 years. Now, married with two kids, my life was what I wanted, yet I was miserable--so much anxiety, mood swings, snapping at my husband and kids, no interest in fun activities. I couldn't stand myself. I decided to give Cymbalta a try again (generic version). Initial side effects lasted a week. SO tired, brain fog, no appetite, headache. By day 7, all gone. I can't believe how fast it's working for me. My anxiety is gone. I am calm and easy going. I feel like the best version of myself. I'm laughing with my kids and husband and don't overreact. I actually am looking forward to doing activities and I have been enjoying them. I have been more productive at work and oddly more organized. I've tried other medicine and it's shut me down like a zombie.”

Keno · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Diagnosed with GAD and MDD last year and I was put on this Cymbalta along with Mirtazapine. Was on 60mg Cymbalta initially and had severe anxiety because of it, I believe I had serotonin syndrome on one occasion. Additionally this medication make me feel completely numb. Weaned myself off after only 5 weeks on it and it was tough, can't imagine what it's like weaning off after using for a longer period.”

Akupox June 8, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “I have dealt with major depressive disorder, GAD, PTSD and a whole lot of sensory issues, with no medication giving me relief. Normally, too much noise or any loud noises could send me off the rails, everything always felt dull and grey and I would spend days or weeks obsessing over things that gave me anxiety. I lost job after job and finally I decided to try again and get rid of this once and for all, and I cannot tell you how glad I am that I tried Cymbalta. Cymbalta is the ONLY medication EVER to help with my noise sensitivity. I feel like I am not so agitated all the time anymore and I feel like I am finally able to focus. I have had a few side effects, like diarrhea, a little bit of brain fog here and there and felt jittery after drinking coffee with it, but they were all fixable or liveable side effects. I haven't felt this normal in years...I finally feel like I have a chance at a meaningful life and not like I'm just existing and struggling through it all.”

FuzzyDunlop · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2019

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: “Joined this website solely to warn others that the side effects of Cymbalta were worse than any other med ever. After taking for 10 days nearly all the side effects that others mention were experienced, after stopping the scariest pains were felt down the middle of left arm and less down the right, groin pain radiating down the left leg and less down the right and the feeling someone was pushing their thumb into my neck on my jugular.”

Nicole · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 5, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: “Cymbalta is great and for me I had 0 side effects. I removed a star because the withdrawal is what I can only imagine is akin to heroin withdrawal. I had read this before I started taking it, and assumed people had a low-pain tolerance but nope. Some biblical stuff Anyway, I take 20mg in my PTSD cocktail. I can finally get out of bed in the morning, and life feels less flat. It’s easier to get up and walk, if that makes any sense, whereas before it was a huge taxing effort. I would 100% recommend this drug but only if you are in really bad shape, and the normal alternatives haven’t worked. I wouldn’t wish that withdrawal on my worst enemy Prozac made me suicidal, Zoloft was amazing but made me fat, Lexapro made me feel like crawling out of my skin, Trintellix was great for memory but no effect on mood, Wellbutrin did little to nothing.”

Mike · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 4, 2019

For Depression: “This drug is poison..it will make you extremely tired where you don't want to get out of bed..and good luck trying to get off it if you want to stop..there has been tons of lawsuits against the company lilly about the withdrawal symptoms how severe they are. There is even a group on Facebook with 20,000 members who talk about how dangerous this drug is. The withdrawals are longer then street drugs it screws up your brain..you been warned!”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month May 31, 2019

For Anxiety: “I was diagnosed with major depression at quite a young age. I started off with Prozac, which didn’t work for me, then Lexapro which made my skin crawl, then onto Viibryd, which I only took for a month because it was so expensive. Now I am on Cymbalta (day 2). I work as a CNA at a retirement home 6pm-6am. The doctor told me to take it on “my mornings” which is about 4 pm. My first night was awful. My blood pressure was 189/110 and heart rate was 172. I felt like my head was swimming and I was getting tongue tied even on simple words. I felt weak and hot and had diarrhea. I am also a smoker so I imagine that could’ve played a role with my elevated heart rate. But this is some strong stuff. I’m going to stick it out at least long enough to finish the bottle, and see if some of these side effects subside. High hopes!”

Lefty219 · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

For Depression: “I believe I experienced positive results after just one dose. However, after the second dose (day 2), I developed a severe rash over my entire body. I had to stop the medication immediately and go to my doctor for a change in Rx. I am very disappointed, because it seemed to give the best result for my depression. Also, it was a tremendous waste of pills and money.”