User Reviews for Cymbalta (Page 7)

Learn more about Cymbalta.

Anxiety 162 reviews 56 medications

Chronic Pain 90 reviews 108 medications

6.1
Summary of Cymbalta reviews 1082 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Cymbalta

For Anxiety "Hi everyone-I just started Cymbalta about 2 weeks ago and so far it has been great-My anxiety was really bad for months, leading to severe depression, and I finally had to talk to my doctor about taking something-I was reluctant about taking anything and hadn't before now-I am so glad I did! I take 30 mg now 1x day and like the lower dose-Initially had a couple a bad reactions-after 12 hrs of my first pill, I got severely hyper but it settled about 6 hrs later then I took a day off and restarted-it's been fine ever since-I can't explain how great it feels to not have those negative thoughts constantly harass you and the renewed sense of self and confidence is over-whelming. I only noticed dry mouth and I'm more forgetful it seems."

Kiyoty October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety "I'm taking Duloxetine 20mg per day for anxiety and minor depression. I have taken this med for almost two months and keep a daily journal. As a 'blind study' I started this drug without my wife's knowledge. I noticed a decrease in my overall anxiety in ten (10) days and my wife mentioned my calmness in two weeks. I am a 70 year old male and I supplement Duloxetine with Buspar on an 'as needed' basis for anxiety. The Duloxetine seems to smooth things out without the numbing effect of a benzodiazepine. I'm on the minimum available dosage and will soon ask my PCP to up my dosage to 40mg per day. There have been absolutely no bad side effects from the drug."

zionfrost (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I began taking Cymbalta 30 mg on 07-07-16 due to moderately severe depression, anxiety and physical pain. Almost immediately I felt better in all aspects; however, severe chronic constipation also occurred. I took Miralax daily and still only had BMs every two to three days. Then about two to three weeks ago I started feeling angry as if I was backsliding. I was going to increase from 30 mg to 60 mg but my doctor wanted to prescribe a medication for idiopathic constipation, which mine wasn't. My last dose of Cymbalta was on 09/30/16 and I started taking Zoloft 50 mg again on 10/1/16. I guess one can't have it all. Even taking Zoloft causes constipation but I take 20 billion probiotic twice daily and it moves things along regularly."

RacerMcRacerton October 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "This works incredibly well for my nerve pain."

Carolina Annie September 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "My outstanding physician and another member of the team recommended Cymbalta. I switched over from Zoloft and this medicaton works quite well. I suffer from Anxiety, Depression, PTSD, and severe nerve pains. The side effects have been quite minimal. I'm more involved in the community through volunteer activities, working, and accomplishing my goals. I'm more social and interactive. My depression and anxiety have decreased by at least 60 percent. My body pain has decreased. I'm more physically active, eating healthier and just more up beat. A special thanks goes out to my physician, his team and a fantastic representative who also recommended Cymbalta. Thank you for reading my review."

JDhomephx (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medication totally changed my life. I was previously suffering from intense suicidality and intrusive thoughts, overwhelming social and physical anxiety. After about 1-2 weeks, I noticed a significant improvement. After 4-8 weeks, things were 100% great. My job isn't the best job to have in the world, but I feel happy to get up and be productive and am proud of working hard. I am happy and confident and wish I would have known about it sooner. The side effects have been minimal, a little bit of restlessness and waking during sleep, not 100% sure if it's attributable to the medication. Overall from my experience I would completely recommend it."

cymbalt1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had moderate depression, crushing anxiety, and probably fibromyalgia. (I've never pursed fibro testing due to no health insurance.) One week ago I just could not go on. Depression, anxiety, and all-over aches and stiffness stopped me in my tracks. One day on 30 mg Cymbalta and it all cleared up. I could not believe it. It is a miracle for me. I've been on it one full week and am now over the slight nausea, dizziness, and dry mouth. YaY! :-)"

Eileen W September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "This medicine was a disaster for me. I was put on 30mg once a day before bed and the day I started it I felt the effects. I started to get the shakes, I got hyper, I was nauseous, all my muscles were tense especially my neck, I sweat CONSTANTLY I couldn't drink enough for how bad I was sweating. At the one week mark I was directed to double the dose. BIG mistake. My throat started to get very tight and my pupils were so dilated you could no longer see the color of my eyes; I have glaucoma so that could be why. I eventually went to the ER where they directed me to take one more half dose and stop. I had 0 benefits it just made me feel horrible. Seeing as I had a similar reaction to Effexor I'm clueless as to why I was put on this medication."

meh_says_meh (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "When I was started on this Med I was not in a good place mentally. I did NOT get the information any health care professional should always give to patients when starting a new treatment. With that being said, the Med not only helped my depression but also my chronic pain issues. I ran out of this Med and was going to refill the following day. I began to experience electric type shocks to my head that I can only like to a cattle prod put against your head. Never had I experienced anything like this before and as it began to become more frequent and worsen I looked up this symptom and was surprised to find that it was associated with the withdrawal of Cymbalta. I had the Med refilled immediately but I am angry I was not fully informed."

Rntina September 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "The first few days I took the 30mg it worked great my pain was pretty much gone and I felt like myself again, other then the bad side effects. But after the first few days my pain started coming back more everyday. I did start taken 60mg about a month later but it did not help with the pain and I could not deal with the side effects. I am still on the 30mg because it does help with my depression."

Anonymous September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I had been on Effexor for five years and had noticed a decrease in helping me with my depression so my Dr switched me over to Cymbalta ... I did not get harsh side effects aside from a little jitters at the beginning but it soon settled. I must say I have been on it three months and I have been waiting for my anxiety to subside ... Cymbalta no help there at all. Pain I have Ankelosing Spondolosis ... curved spine and pinched nerves (severe sciatica ) no help there either. Maybe my case is just a little more than 60 mg a day can handle ... but honestly I'm ready to go back to effexor, vicodin and alprazolam. At least they worked. If anyone has advice please drop a line."

Wrecked Nerves (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Cymbalta Time Release (for Major Depressive Disorder and Anxiety) before bedtime at 11 p.m., 2 nights ago. I felt fine that night, until the next morning. I started feeling very nauseous and sick, (which I have a severe phobia to vomiting), I started sweating, chills, dizzy feeling, which threw me into a severe panic attack, which made me feel even more nauseous, which made my panic attack last longer. I couldnt calm myself down. I felt like I was in a nightmare! I didnt start feeling any better until about 8 pm that evening. Its been 2 days since ive taken Cymbalta and im still experiencing major panic attacks 3-4 x's a day with nausea and vomiting. I wish i had never taken that medicine now!"

MamawOf10 (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I was started on Cymbalta for pain at 30 mg per day the first month. I experienced mild disruption of sleep for a few nights, but no other side effects. My pain was initially reduced by 70% but began to wear off by evening. Second month my dose was upped to 60 mg per day, which I take at lunch time. My neck pain and neuropathy in hands and feet have been reduced by 90% which is like a miracle to me. I have been able to resume yoga and biking. Life is very good now. I was switched to generic Duloxetine with no loss of benefit and no more side effects. I'm one of the lucky ones who does not suffer many side effects from medications. My sister cannot use this one at all."

SalsaVerde September 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I feel the need to write this review as I read so many negative reviews online of Cymbalta before I started taking it, and they really freaked me out. However, while I cannot negate what others have said as I know this type of medication varies for almost everyone, Cymbalta has been really great for me! I have mysterious chronic pain for over two years now, and after trying so many different things to lessen it (other medications, chiropractic, PT, supplements, acupuncture, stretching, icing....the list goes on), this has been the only thing that has really helped me. My pain hasn't gone away fully, but Cymbalta has made my life a lot easier. I have experienced no side effects so far."

HRUT September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Very positive. Reduced senseless anxiety though a perceived negative is that it also aids in supressing useful anxiety. For example, situations of potential physical conflict that pre Cymbalta I wisely walked away from I tend not to do whilst taking the drug. It doesn't make me angry or violent it simply makes me less concerned about the possibilty of a negative outcome."

Manawaru (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Major Depressive Disorder "I can not take this medication due to the fact that you use dyes, I am allergic to them and can not take them, yet manufactors seem to think there is no problem with using dyes. Why not use natural materials like beet juice for color, get away from the dyes, they are not healthy for us."

Brandies September 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Started with 30 mg. First day taking it was ok but from day two until now I have had crippling diarrhea, wicked headaches and nausea. Stopping this nasty medicine today. Unbelievable that I had to change doctors and I told the what had worked for me. Lexapro and Alprazolam. But these doctors think they know best."

WTH Cymbata (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I suffer from major depression and many antidepressants have been of little help. My psychiatrist recently put me on Cymbalta and it changed my life. At first it made me feel very racy and jittery but after riding that out for a bit the side effects went away. Now, taking 60mg a day, I feel the best I've felt in about 20 years."

Dan9447 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started on 30mg Cymbalta 3 weeks ago, mainly for Fibromyalgia and anxiety. Initially, I experienced extreme nausea, apathy, sleepiness and brain fog. I read reviews which said, stick with it, so I did! My first night of taking it, my head was buzzing, I was awake all through. So I decided to take it in the morning, but I slept most of the day. No good! I reverted back to taking it at 7.30 in the evening, with food. Over the last 3 weeks, I stopped noticing any side effects and I slept like a log! Fabulous! My pain is now less, I feel really motivated and my brain is now as it was years ago! I actually feel that I have more wisdom and intelligence! I am more outgoing and sociable and life is worth living! Give it a chance!!"

Banny August 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Started taking "Cymbalta" (Duloxetine 60mg daily) just under one year ago. I was suffering from SEVERE and debilitating anxiety, everyday, all day for months. Prior to that I had been suffering with anxiety mildly for about 5 years, with the occasional anxiety attack every few months. It rapidly changed to a severe problem where I was battling anxiety attacks daily, even multiple a day. I was sure I could "beat" anxiety with exercise, therapy, better work/home life balance, and being an overall healthier version of myself. But I quickly learned that there was no "beating" anxiety. So instead, I reluctantly decided to treat it with medication. And it has SAVED my life. I actually have a life now."

DADXOXOX (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "First dose made me sick feeling, nauseous, stomach issues. Created too many problems, I rather live with anxiety. Wish the drug people would come out with something new, w/o so many bad side effects. I will not take this drug ever. My anxiety is mild compared to many. I can function pretty good most of the time. Things are very stressful for me now with a sick husband. Don't take this drug."

Southern Gal August 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "I usually cannot handle break-ups and become severely depressed, often crying myself to sleep. I was prescribed this medication for anxiety, which just so happened to be a few days before I was broken up with. Because of this medication, I was able to continue with my life almost unaffected. In fact, I had a more positive outlook, knowing I was worth more than my depression had previously led me to believe. This medication has saved me from an immense amount of emotional suffering."

thoughtsoh August 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "Been on this med for 1 week. 30 mg. Within hours I felt better. I have fibromyalgia and depression. Was on 30 mg Celexa for 18 years and it no longer worked. Fibro became so bad I was afraid I would have to retire. Couldn't work properly and difficulty concentrating in the office. Went to a new doctor who recommended Cymbalta. Started it in a.m. and by 3 p.m. the pain was starting to ease. A miracle drug to me. Stayed on 10 mg for 5 days along with the Cymbalta. When stopped Celexa no withdrawal. This med has changed my life. The sun came out again. Everyone reacts differently to meds so I won't say everyone should take, but it certainly has worked for me."

Miss Alma (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I started out on 30mg for one week then moved up to 60mg, since starting the larger dose I am having frequent dizzy spells, headaches & fatique. I am planning to give it more time, this rx so far, has been the only rx that has lowered my pain due to chemotherapy. Hopefully, these side effects will stop soon."

thecitycricket August 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression "It didn't help depression or low grade chronic pain AT ALL. I had better depression relief from Celexa and Wellbutrin. But the biggest reason I caution against cymbalta is because of the extreme withdrawal symtoms I experienced. I followed the doctor-recommended protocol to wean off. Weaning seems to mean prolonging misery. The nausea and dizziness I have endured for the last 5+ weeks with no end in sight is debilitating. I urge you to please research your options thoroughly before even trying cymbalta."

Hashimotos disease August 5, 2016