User Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Anxiety (Page 9)

Cymbalta Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 160 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Cymbalta

"I was on Cymbalta for 5 days. It helped my anxiety, but I couldn't handle the side effects: nausea, extreme sleepiness and yawning for the better part of the day, feeling zombie-like, chills, clenching my jaw, headache. I stopped taking it after 5 days, and the withdrawal was terrible. I felt like I'd been hit my a truck: terrible headache and clenching of jaw. And I'd only been on 30 mg for 5 days. Even if I could have tolerated the side effects, I would have been worried about the withdrawal."

Anonymous April 16, 2009

"I have been taking Cymbalta for two months. It works great for my anxiety and chronic pain. I feel great, like a new person. The only side effect for me is insomnia. I will be checking back with Doctor on that."

Anonymous March 31, 2009

"Many side effects. I have been trying to ween off this medication for over a month and have been unsuccessful. I received no benefits from this medication."

Anonymous March 27, 2009

"Made me feel better mentally, but the severe diahrrea would not go away. So, I had to quit."

Anonymous March 23, 2009

"I was prescribed Cymbalta over a year ago, after a crippling anxiety attack and I will have to say, it's helped me quite a bit. I was skeptical on taking it, because I had no positive outcomes with Wellbutrin or Zoloft, but this drug helped me with amazing results. The only thing I've found (probably like with any other drug of this type) is that you NEED to take it on a scheduled basis. I have forgotten to take it or not been able to take it until 6 to 8 hours past my regular time and have to spend a few days readjusting to it. The only reason I gave Cymbalta a 9 instead of ten is for that reason and that weaning off this medicine may prove to be difficult."

Anonymous March 23, 2009

"This has caused multiple sexual side effects, urinary retention, almost constant hot flashes and sleep problems. It did nothing for my anxiety. There were no benefits to me from this drug."

acessuited March 10, 2009

"Anxiety disorder and panic attacks run in my family. I have loved this drug - I am a happy, calm, relaxed me. I am so glad I have this tool to improve my life!"

Anonymous March 1, 2009

"Weight loss, more energy, much less anxiety and stress, no mood swings. I do feel shaky in the morning and at night and don't sleep quite as soundly."

Anonymous January 21, 2009

"I have just started taking the medication and have noticed a considerable change in my mood. I am not jumpy anymore. The only thing that I don't like about it is the bad taste I get in my mouth and some insomnia."

mbroussard61 December 22, 2008

"Cymbalta is a god send for me and all those people out there who suffer from depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, diabetic nerve damage, fibromyalgia, pain or what ever else it is used for. I myself have s. A. D [social anxiety disorder] and at times depression. I was taking zoloft and I still felt the anxiety so my doctor prescribed cymbalta and it took about a week 2 actually kick in and when it did I felt it and loved it and would recommend this medication to those who are trying to find a way to help them live there life with ease. It's not a cure but it is very helpful as long as you take it when you are supposed to. Cymbalta is the best. Thanks."

KIWI85 December 21, 2008

"I took Cymbalta for 3 months and it worked great. Then over time it didn't work as well and I quit. I hit rock bottom."

rosspaige2007 November 19, 2008

"Have been on cymbalta for a little over 3 months. It has changed my life for the better. My anxiety had gotten to the point that I was hiding in the restroom at work during episodes almost everyday. I am able to communicate what I am thinking more clearly. I don't break out in a sweat if something isn't going the way I think it should. I feel like myself before the panic/anxiety attacks started several years ago. I was dieting when I started taking cymbalta and lost more weight than I had been averaging. Didn't have as much appetite as usual, which wasn't a bad thing. The irritability is gone and I am a lot more pleasant to be around. I am me again."

Anonymous August 30, 2008

"I've been taking Cymbalta for anxiety and dysthymia for 3 months. It is the best medication I have tried in 10 years of treatment. No weight gain, not as lethargic, and my attitude has been much better towards life in general. Right now I am on 60mg a day. I'm not sure if I can go up from here but even if I don't, the way I feel now is better than anything else I have tried including prozac, lexapro, welbutrin and several others. I do have some dry mouth and sweating but it is tolerable."

Anonymous August 10, 2008

"I was on Cymbalta for two years. I had no side effects and it worked really well for my anxiety. I had no sexual side effects which was great. I decided to go off of it thinking that I didn't need it anymore. I thought that I tapered it by taking 20mg for a month. Once I started taking 20mg every other day it was like experiencing the withdrawal symptoms over again each time. I finally just stopped taking it and had awful withdrawal symptoms.- more monitoring would have helped."

Anonymous June 20, 2008

"I haven't felt this good since childhood. So thankful they make this drug to help with my chronic anxiety. My entire outlook has changed, as well as my concentration."

roolu April 24, 2008

"I have been on this medication for 1.5yrs & it has been GREAT! Was on Paxil for 3 yrs prior to switching to Cymbalta. It worked in about 3 days and i havent had any abnormal feelings of anxiety since I started this med. I haven't had any side effects from taking it. I had experienced some weight gain from Paxil, but none on Cymbalta. The only thing is that if you miss a dose, your terrible headache will remind u that u forgot to take it! Other than that, it's been great."

Anonymous February 27, 2008

"I have been on Cymbolta for 8 weeks, I suffer from medical anxiety. I have not felt this good in years. the first 2 weeks I did have a lot of side effects swetting, dizziness, insomnea, upset stomach, but after that I started feeling better. I have lost 20 lbs because I no longer feel hunger all the time. I feel like I did 20 years ago so much happier. I can't rave enough about it."

Kath E December 28, 2007

"I'm 29 & been on Cymbalta 1 week, prior to taking, couldnt sleep (4 hrs on average), panic attacks, acne break outs, hair falling out, highly stressed, now a little disoriented at times, loss of appetite (not a bad thing), great sleep(much needed) and Im much calmer. The doctor wants to add Wellbutrin in 30 days but I am not going that route. I am very pleased with the direction we are going in now it is just taking some time to adjust to the side effects and new routine of actually resting!!"

xxoolostooxx November 18, 2007

Learn more about Anxiety

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)