User Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Anxiety (Page 7)

Cymbalta Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 160 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Cymbalta

"Never thought I would have my life back. I can think clearer, my mind isn't racing as often, and I'm not agoraphobic. I used to have a severe phobia of driving and now I can get behind the wheel and even look forward to driving! I have tried everything, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Zoloft, and none of them have worked for me. I have lost 9 pounds and counting, because I'm not eating out of depression and anxiety and I'm able to think about myself in a healthy light. I was prescribed Klonopin for severe attacks and found after 4 weeks of Cymbalta find no need for them. I am so grateful for this medicine!"

BinxStatus September 1, 2011

"This medication did amazing things for me after being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. I suffered panic attacks, inability to control my emotions, crying to bouts of anger along with other symptoms. Within 2 weeks there was a huge change. I am now laughing and joking again, I have no mood swings, no more crying, I have no anger issues now, just incredible. I did suffer side effects for the first 17 days and was very nauseous. First few days are the worst and then it eases off, some minor headaches, a small amount of fever, a little more sweating, some dizziness, but overall it was worth it. Back to a happy go lucky girl."

Anonymous August 29, 2011

"I have been on Cymbalta for 6 years. It was a life saver for me as I was unable to take the SSRIs due to retinal detachment, and the older type of medicines did little for me. During the first 2 weeks of Cymbalta, nausea was the most common side effect but that only lasted for approx 3-4 weeks. This medicine gave me my life back after suffering for years from fear and anxiety. Thanks Eli Lilly."

helpful12 August 16, 2011

"This didn't agree with my body at all. After only 2 or 3 days I was convulsing, vomiting, diarrhea and was very lethargic. I was on a very low dosage. (10 mg)"

MsAnxious July 26, 2011

"I was having panic attacks so bad I would have to pull off the road while driving. My husband was waiting on a double lung transplant when these attacks started. After the transplant the care giving made these attacks become worse. I couldn't breathe, I wanted to cover up under something and not come out. My doctor gave me Lexapro and one dose made me worse. He ask me to try Cymbalta and after one dose I became immediately better. I've been on Cymbalta for 4 years, and would hate to go back to the times when I had those attacks. It obviously was the medicine I needed."

dupie June 7, 2011

"I wouldn't go as far to say Cymbalta has given me my life back but I will say it improved my quality of life immensely and has kept working. I have moderate to severe generalized anxiety disorder and I felt like I was living a nightmare - highly uncomfortable and muscle tension so bad I could barely breath at times, constant worry and stress. I have been off and on Lexapro for this very reason because I hated the stigma. Lexapro helped but the sexual side effects were horrible and I felt emotionless. A Nurse practitioner suggested Cymbalta. I stuck with low dose 30 mg every morning and what a difference. I can breath easier, sex is better (still not back to where it was before antidepressants) but the debilitating anxiety is mostly gone."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

"I started take this at 30mg a week ago. I have been on so many different medicines none of them work but after only a couple of days I was feeling much better. I drove my car for an hour last night for the first time. 2 years ago I got electrocuted on 440 and I started getting the worse panic attacks. I could not get out of bed most days. I have been on every medicine they make for this. None of them worked but in a week on Cymbalta I feel like I'm almost my old self again. I just turned 25 and I have a 2year old son. So thank you Cymbalta. The only side effect is I can not sleep at all. Maybe an hour here or there but I have not been tired."

Anonymous May 30, 2011

"I was on Cymbalta for up to just under two weeks ago. At one point, I was on 90mg for a short period of time. Last December, I dropped it. Only because it, meaning Cymbalta, left me mostly feeling fatigued. The anxiety came back and last month, April/2011 restarted it again back on 60mg. Everything was going fairly well, then I experienced a rash on my forehead, itching. My throat felt as if it was closing up on me. Stopped it cold turkey and went through a roller coaster of mostly aggressive moods. It was an allergic/adverse reaction."

Anonymous May 3, 2011

"I am taking 60 mg of Cymbalta for anxiety and depression. Previously I had been on Lexapro (which gave me nightmares) and Paxil, which worked for a time but sent me into a relapse when I was weaned off of it. I have noticed a few side effects - the most predominant one is that it makes me very tired. I don't have much of an appetite, but when I do, I crave sweets and have put on a few pounds as a result. Very little sex drive, though it was low to begin with. Although the medication has helped to keep my anxiety at a manageable level, my general mood has been very blank - I feel very little in the way of happiness or sadness. My doctor has suggested either switching to a higher dose (120 mg) of Cymbalta, or changing to Zoloft or Paxil."

Anonymous April 28, 2011

"Cymbalta has changed my life. I suffer from anxiety and trichotillomania which is an obsessive hair pulling disorder which stems from the anxiety. I've tried many different medications such as Prozac and Zoloft etc. I had bad luck with those. The first two weeks on Cymbalta was rough. I was very very dizzy, felt sick and did not want to eat. I was very tired and would sweat. I started to take the medication at night because the dizziness was too much. After a week they upped the dosage and it got a little better. Three weeks I felt relieved and by week five, I felt amazing. I feel like a normal person, my mind is clear, I'm not anxious and I stopped pulling my hair. The side effects went away except for being slightly tired."

evenparabola April 26, 2011

"Started off with 30 mg dosage. Symptoms started out blurred vision, fogged feeling, mental confusion, mild anxiety, mild depression. Also clenched my jaw and was diagnosed with TMJ. After one week bumped up to 60 mg. Side effects in first week or two.....tired and drowsy, which went away completely. Stick with it and you'll see it works wonders. You will be left with clarity and peace of mind."

R68 April 3, 2011

"Cymbalta works for me, I have symptoms of PTSD and have tried other medications for my anxiety such as: PAXIL, CELEXA, and PROZAC with no good results. So far so good with Cymbalta with minimal sexual side effects for me. Psychotherapy and Physical Fitness is recommended if you use this medication."

G2 April 1, 2011

"My Dr. prescribed me 60 MG Cymbalta 2 weeks ago to take everyday along with a 25MG Antihistamine for anxiety. Honestly, there seems to be more good than bad reviews so I'm guessing I'm a part of the small percent chance that it will have bad or little to no effect. The only thing Cymbalta does for me is make me exaggerate a smile. I still feel exactly the same and my anxiety is still there. The Antihistamine mainly takes care of the physical effects of anxiety but mentally I'm still suffering. Try it if you need to, I say it's worth a shot."

Anonymous March 27, 2011

"I have been on Cymbalta for about four months. My doctor switched me from Zoloft to Cymbalta after I continued to experience panic attacks. Fortunately, Cymbalta worked great! My panic attacks went away and my mood swings seemed to calm down. But, about a month ago I decided that I wanted to come off of Cymbalta because my husband and I are trying to get pregnant. That's when things went down hill. Instead of tapering off of the medicine (which is not what my doctor said I would have to do) I just stopped cold turkey. I began to experience severe headaches, insomnia, nausea, tingling in my hands and face, I also began to hallucinate and the worst part has been the brain zaps."

Just wait... February 6, 2011

"Been on this medicine for almost 2 years. Went to max dose of 60mg. Did NOTHING for my depression, anxiety, back pain, or Fibromyalgia. Completely useless medication. And whats worse? You got it- WITHDRAWAL. I have been to the ER 4 times now since withdrawing from 60mg down to 30mg, so I am only half way weened off as of now. Extreme vertigo, nausea, dizziness, brain zaps, edge of panic all day into night. Worst experience I have every had after trying different anti-depressants for the last 7 years. Gave this medicine the last chance. After I get off it, may take me a year or more to ween the rest of the way down."

cleangrrl777 January 13, 2011

"I have been on Cymbalta for almost 4 years now and it has been a lifesaver for me. The first few weeks I had some loose stools, but that subsided. The only problem I have with it now is keeping weight off. I have trouble loosing weight and I think it is due to the Cymbalta. I eat a well balanced diet and exercise. However, due to the numerous medicines I had tried before that failed me for anxiety and depression, I will keep taking the Cymbalta. I'd rather be fat then feel the way I felt before."

Anonymous January 10, 2011

"I've been taking Cymbalta (60mg) for around 6 months now and it seems to be really helping me with my anxiety and depression. I don't panic over little things anymore which is great and my friends and family have really seen an improvement in my mood. Decreased my appetite and emotional eating and I've lost 17 kilos (37 pounds). Negative (but bearable) side effects would be moderate fatigue, the occasional headache if I take my dose late, weird dreams every night, twitching, dizziness when I stand up. The worst thing I've noticed is memory problems, I sometimes can't remember simple words and get a little confused."

Anonymous December 27, 2010

"My issue is anxiety. I have tried Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, and finally Cymbalta. Last month, I told my doctor I was done with these medications. I was willing to live with the anxiety because the uncontrollable weight gain was making me depressed. He listened and prescribed a very low dose of Cymbalta. Thank you so MUCH. I feel so much better. I am finally able to lose weight without trying. Before, I could not convince myself to even diet for one day. It was impossible. Never an issue prior and now thankfully I have control over my eating. I was always ambivalent about everything. Now things impact me within reason. I don't obsess but I still care."

prockish November 20, 2010

"I have been on Cymbalta for about 3 months for anxiety. Started at 30mgs for the first two weeks then up to 60. My doctor also prescribed me Lorazepam for the occasional "melt down". Before Cymbalta I was anxious about everything, whether it made sense or not. Had "melt downs" at least three times a week. I have noticed a huge change, my family has as well. I feel like myself, not afraid or anxious. But I missed two doses (just two) and am now experiencing some not so fun withdrawal symptoms. I'm extremely nauseous, dizzy, brain feels muddled and I'm feeling a bit depressed/emotional. Now, I seem to be questioning this "miracle drug" and think I may need to find another way to deal with my anxiety issues."

Anonymous November 8, 2010

"Prescribed via a Psychiatrist for severe Panic attacks for 2 years. If I take dosage late or forget to take it the withdrawal symptoms kick in. Gnawing physical pain, breathlessness, disorientation to time, difficulties in word finding while speaking, severe muscle pain and stiffness, nausea, labile emotions and panic. "

dgf September 5, 2010

"I have been off and on Cymbalta for over a year now. During a really stressful time in my life I was started on Zoloft and then Klonopin. The Zoloft gave me restless legs and Klonopin made me severely depressed. After a period of nothing my Doctor suggested Cymbalta. After just a few days things got so much better. I relaxed and was able to eat and sleep normally again. The side effects were very minimal and lasted less than a week. After hearing horror stories of stopping Zoloft. I quit by counting the granules and tapering down over a couple of months. It worked fine for me. I usually try to take it around noon with lunch for the best sleep at night."

Anonymous September 2, 2010

"I have been on Cymbalta (30mg) for a three week trial for treating my anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia. Thought it sounded like a miracle pill since I'm only 21 years old, but this has caused everything from headaches to stomach pain to diarrhea. I figured I could live with that and let it run its course but things got worse. I noticed my anxiety attacks got much worse and became more frequent, had to go the ER last night because my hands, feet, tongue, ears, face went numb and swelled. Now I'm on steroids and Benadryl to bring it down. "

Anonymous August 11, 2010

"Did not work for me. Was having some side effects from Zoloft, so I went to my MD to change things around a bit. Zoloft was the only thing I had ever been on, but the tiredness and no libido was getting in the way of my children and marriage. My doctor put me on Cymbalta and at first I thought that I was really going to like it. I felt more energetic and definitely more patient with my husband and children. BUT then I started getting anxious off and on, which gradually got worse until I couldn't stand it any more. Now I'm trying a different SNRI, Pristiq. Time will tell, but Cymbalta was definitely not for me."

Anonymous August 10, 2010

"Being 32 and having cancer four times, I realized that I had a serious anxiety disorder. I did not believe in a "pill" but eventually, I realized that something had to change. I tried Welbutrin for a while, which made me feel bipolar and then I switched to Lexapro for several years. The problem with Lexapro was that I didn't feel anything good or bad. I know that you might think that's a blessing, but it's truly not. After gaining over 20 pounds, my doctor suggested that I switch to Cymbalta, which I was very nervous about, but I knew something had to change. I have been on Cymbalta for 3 months now and it is working. I think the worst part is the constipation! I also have broken out in several rashes on my face while "drinking.""

Everymoment July 21, 2010

"I have been taking this medicine for 1.5 years, and it has been a life changer. I have generalized anxiety and fibromyalgia, both of which affected my daily life. I began noticing mood changes immediately, and the pain subsided within a month or so. I am myself again, relaxed, level headed, and able to cope with everyday stress. The only side effect I have experienced was extreme night sweats. This has subsided, as most of Cymbalta's side effects do. I ask if you are questioning whether or not to stay on the Cymbalta or to wait it out, because the side effects fade and the positive effects increase."

Anonymous July 14, 2010