User Reviews for Cymbalta to treat Anxiety (Page 6)

Cymbalta Rating Summary

7.0/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 162 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Cymbalta

"I absolutely love Cymbalta; it's a miracle for me. My anxiety, depression, and spinal pain have all been reduced or gone away. I also lost weight and could eat anything I wanted. After 6 months, I switched to Celexa to save money. Big Mistake. I started gaining weight, and it didn't have much effect on anxiety or depression. I switched back to Cymbalta, and am happy again."

michellemybelle April 21, 2013

"I've been on Cymbalta for about 8 months now. I never had major side effects to begin with but the last 3 months I've been experiencing nightmares or crazy dreams, I'm tired a lot, I sweat at night, I feel as if I'm in one mood and the only major emotion I get is anger. It's hard to laugh at things that I used to and I can't cry anymore. Sometimes I just want to feel frustrated when I know I should, and sad, but I feel stuck and emotionless. I don't think Cymbalta has helped me. I think the only progress I've made with my anxiety, OCD, and depression has been on my own."

Anonymoussssssss February 10, 2013

"I have been on Cymbalta 30mg for just under 2 weeks. After the first 3 days I started feeling a lot better. It was slightly scary actually to go from feeling like your world is imploding to feeling like you want to smell and see every flower on the planet. It happened so fast. Yes there were a lot of initial side effects from getting used to the medicine. I had the shakes, weird slowing down, odd feelings, nausea, etc. but I am doing very well on it. I went on diet again having gained 25kg from being in Lexapro and Seroquel for over a 18 months. But I now have a low dose of Seroquel every night and Cymbalta every morning and I am back to feeling great. "

Chrissyjels (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2013

"Was on Cymbalta for 2 years. Worked fabulous for anxiety and panic. Unfortunately I was diagnosed with Gastritis so me and my doctor felt it was best to switch to something else because this medicine has been found to cause stomach issues."

razz2012 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2013

"I am a 23 year old girl and I have suffered from anxiety for as long as I can remember. I had tried so many different medicines from Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac and Celexa... nothing worked. I would get a little better but once again, I would suffer a horrible bout of anxiety attacks. The first day I started Cymbalta I felt a rush of calmness over me. I immediately felt at ease and not as ansy and nervous as I always was. I could finally relax and do everyday normal things without worrying about when I would suffer another attack and would ruin my day. I have not had an attack in about 3 months now and feel so great! I do not feel zoned out like I did on the other medicines. I am happy and confident and overall have a better sense of well being."

karkarrrr (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 28, 2012

"I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. My doctor prescribed Cymbalta. It cured my anxiety, but came at a price... it's an expensive medicine, and I hope that mediation and relaxation will help me get off of Cymbalta one day :) Short term, it has been extremely effective in my recovery of anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder."

Edwin3993 December 16, 2012

"I am a RN who suffers from severe social anxiety and moderate depression. Symptoms associated with SAD have included inability to write in front of others, eat in public, public speaking. Even drinking in front of others was difficult for me. I hated the shaking, heart racing/pounding, and everything else that went along with this horrible affliction! I remember it all starting around 15 years old but never could understand why. I'm 41 yrs old today and my anxieties have affected my life negatively and held me back in so many ways. I never felt normal. Many years and meds later, I came to believe my life would never change. That I would never feel "normal" around people. Then I found Cymbalta..changed my life!"

Anonymous October 5, 2012

"I have been taking this medication for a little over 6 years and was started off on the 60mg dosage. In the beginning it worked great. I'm now on 90mg sometimes 160mg of Cymbalta, and I feel anxious all the time and also extreme fatigue. "

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 6, 2012

"I've been on Cymbalta for 2 days and it is great. My daily high anxiety is completely diminished. I can make decisions without anxiety. I am having trouble with sleepiness however, I know this will subside. I got back on antidepressants because I've had a tough time dealing with moms death in May and currently going through divorce."

bolderdash (taken for less than 1 month) August 21, 2012

"I went from being extremely angry and so anxious I couldn't leave the house, to now being able to go out in public, socialize with others, and live life. I feel much happier, have more energy, and am MUCH more pleasant to be around."

Anonymous August 6, 2012

"Cymbalta did nothing to lessen my anxiety."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2012

"I took Cymbalta for 4 days for anxiety, panic attacks and mild depression. I read many reviews and wondered whether I should stick with it despite the side effects, but in the end I just couldn't. I've been on Lexapro and Effexor before and I was expecting the same type of side effects: dry mouth, nausea, headaches. But this was a lot worse. I was sleeping ok before, and started having insomnia from Cymbalta. My heart was also racing, which for a panic attack sufferer, is the worst thing that can happen. I almost stopped eating, no appetite at all. I also started feeling really low, super anxious and depressed, and could only go through the day with the use of alprazolam. In the end I spoke to my doctor and I will now start on Pristiq"

catotamartins (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

"I love this medicine! My anxiety started off as mild and as years past slowly got worse. I went from having social anxiety to generalized anxiety and then major depression. It took me 7 years to find this medicine but once I found it I gained my life back. Still have a little anxiety but most is gone. This medicine was great for my major depression. Yes it does have some side effects but most will disappear with time and like most other users will vouch, the benefits far outweigh the side mild side effects. "

Stefan From Australia April 5, 2012

"I've been taking Cymbalta for 2-3 months. I had been taking 30 mg. a day, but my doctor told me I could try 60 mg. a day, i.e. 30 mg. twice a day, and since I've been taking 60 mg., which is about a month ago, something weird has happened: I feel ecstatic all the time, and as though I've returned to my "true" self, i.e. ways I used to be, and liked, decades ago, but have been out of touch with for a long time. I'm much more productive and creative, and don't feel overwhelmed the way I used to."

Murgatroyd March 1, 2012

"Worked great on the anxiety. Was TERRIBLE for weight gain. I gained 30 lbs in 3 months and this was the only change to my routine. I was not eating more or differently. I was doing more because my arthritis hurt less. So, as far as I am concerned it was the Cymbalta. So if feeling calmer and more able to handle stressful events is worth the extra weight, then this is a good pill. For me, the extra 30 lbs was not OK, and it is a new experience for me. I have never had a weight gain problem before."

Max2012 February 4, 2012

"Helped for several years but effect stopped recently and I had to switch"

Anonymous January 11, 2012

"This is my second week. I'm extremely tired, moody and emotional and constipated. My doctor took me off of Celexa. I'm not sure if I want to continue taking this since it seems as though I'm worse. I've experienced more anxiety and I'm a mess now. "

Anonymous December 24, 2011

"4 weeks on Cymbalta at 60mg. I came off because they made me feel ill, and I am used to medication as I have tried a few. I spent 3 years on a high dose of Citalopram and never went through anything like I have done with coming off Cymbalta. My GP decided to slowly taper me off and this is when hell started. Never on any medication that I have taken have the withdrawals been as bad. I have constant nausea, have been sick, stomach aches and pains, diarrhea, dizziness, leg ache, restless sleep, bad dreams, chills, and now my anxiety is back! I am crying on/off and having panic attacks. It's just awful. "

EmmaC7 December 8, 2011

"I can't sleep, I am talking to fast and my heart feels like its going to fly out of my chest at anytime. They were trying to slow it down and all they did was speed it up."

Anonymous October 12, 2011

"When I started taking Cymbalta it took only a few days for it to kick in. It worked great for my anxiety and depression, but did nothing for arthritis pain. The only side effect I had was extremely difficult urination. I had to discontinue the medication."

glennw3 October 6, 2011

"I have been treated with Lexapro, Zoloft, Pristiq, Klonopin and lamictal and none were effective. I have been taking Cymbalta for about one week now, and still don't feel any different. I wake up every day feeling 100% anxious and find it extremely hard to get out of bed. It has been this severe for about two months now where I feel totally incapable of living. Doctor said to stay on Cymbalta and see if it changes anything. Feeling hopeful!"

Anonymous September 13, 2011

"Never thought I would have my life back. I can think clearer, my mind isn't racing as often, and I'm not agoraphobic. I used to have a severe phobia of driving and now I can get behind the wheel and even look forward to driving! I have tried everything, Prozac, Wellbutrin, Paxil, Zoloft, and none of them have worked for me. I have lost 9 pounds and counting, because I'm not eating out of depression and anxiety and I'm able to think about myself in a healthy light. I was prescribed Klonopin for severe attacks and found after 4 weeks of Cymbalta find no need for them. I am so grateful for this medicine!"

BinxStatus September 1, 2011

"This medication did amazing things for me after being diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. I suffered panic attacks, inability to control my emotions, crying to bouts of anger along with other symptoms. Within 2 weeks there was a huge change. I am now laughing and joking again, I have no mood swings, no more crying, I have no anger issues now, just incredible. I did suffer side effects for the first 17 days and was very nauseous. First few days are the worst and then it eases off, some minor headaches, a small amount of fever, a little more sweating, some dizziness, but overall it was worth it. Back to a happy go lucky girl."

Anonymous August 29, 2011

"I have been on Cymbalta for 6 years. It was a life saver for me as I was unable to take the SSRIs due to retinal detachment, and the older type of medicines did little for me. During the first 2 weeks of Cymbalta, nausea was the most common side effect but that only lasted for approx 3-4 weeks. This medicine gave me my life back after suffering for years from fear and anxiety. Thanks Eli Lilly."

helpful12 August 16, 2011

"This didn't agree with my body at all. After only 2 or 3 days I was convulsing, vomiting, diarrhea and was very lethargic. I was on a very low dosage. (10 mg)"

MsAnxious July 26, 2011