User Reviews for Trulicity (Page 18)

Diabetes, Type 2 5.2

Reviews for Trulicity

QRMRB · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started the medicine two weeks ago and the diarrhea is so severe it caused internal pain, swelling and whatever else I can’t see with the visual eye in my rectal area. Sometimes I can’t walk or sit and it’s painful even I’m laying down. This drug needs to come off the market. Many of the reviews are the same or worse than mine. If you’re undecided on rather to try or continue this medication, take it from ALL these reviews DON'T!”

Burgiej December 27, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Might as well inject water. I know I was getting medicine because of sting as it was injected but blood sugar readings went up instead of down. After 3 months I was experiencing vision problems and diabetic neuropathy in my legs. I went back to my previous medicine and saw immediate improvement. I see the doc tomorrow but don't see Trulicity in my future. Side effects were initially a bit challenging but reduced over time. Lost from 177 to 172 over three months. I'm not overweight.”

Cyndi58 · Taken for less than 1 month December 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I started this a week ago and have been so sick . The nausea is the worst but also have had flatulence, belching and some diarrhea . I also keep breaking out in a cold sweat. I'm due another dose tomorrow and I'm a little scared to take it .”

Gchicklet · Taken for less than 1 month December 20, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Please don't take the side effects lightly if you experience them. I took two doses (two weeks) and experienced some stomach issues the first week. The second week started as the same kind of stomach pain, but it was more than just the nausea. The medication was causing problems with my pancreas and I ended up being hospitalized.”

Gerry 73 December 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Awful heartburn, belching, headaches, nausea, and absolutely no appetite, lost over 7lbs in 4 weeks, could not afford to lose weight. Worst medication I have ever been on. Only good thing about it was it did bring down my blood sugar levels.”

Jingle Bells December 14, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I began Trulicity 4 weeks ago. The first week anything I ate with too much fat sent me immediately to the bathroom. After a week, that side effect went away. I started with the .75mg for two weeks. The last two weeks I am now injecting the 1.5mg dose. Two days after injecting I have had an episode of low blood sugar, the sweats and very tired. It only lasts a day and I feel much better with no real side effects after that second day. My readings are improving. I also don't have a lot of cravings and I notice I do eat less.”

Kita2 · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “My mothers doctor prescribed this to her. She told him after taking it, it made her feel funny and she didn't like it. He told her her body has to get used to the new meds. The next week she took the prescribed dosage, she felt dizzy, started seizing, and went into cardiac arrest. She passed away within an hour of taking that drug.”

CCperez December 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “The first day after the shot, I felt lethargic and so very tired. The loss of appetite is the first thing that is apparent. I am having bowel issues, but I consider the trade off worth it. My sugar was 232 and is now between 92-158 depending on what I had for dinner the night before. Rice seems to make things bad. I have been on Trulicity for a month now and with the help of a calorie counter (Myfitnesspal) I have lost 20 lbs and feel so much better. I did develop a bit of inflammation in the third week, but it didn't last long, and who is to say it was related to Trulicity. Overall, its really keeping my appetite at bay, which was unheard of before. I love this drug.”

Taking control · Taken for less than 1 month December 9, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “MD says first time A1c is 7.3. Rx Trulicity lowers dose on second week. So far, so good. This is working well...for me. First couple of days had minor sweats and shakiness near meal time or break time, but I just had to eat and it went away. Lost few lbs, that’s good! I don’t think I lose my appetite because my desire to eat still there. I feel the hunger as usual but I can control the portion without feeling the cravings to eat more carbs. And when I eat it is more salads, fruits, vegs and protein with small amount of carbs, it’s still satisfying. Unlike before, I was craving for carbs. Morning fasting glucose check so in range, and my skin too looks so much better and healthier.”

Jaylamom365 December 8, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This is week 3 of me taking Trulicity, it started off okay finally seeing blood sugar under 200. Loss of appetite lost a few lbs BUT then came the headaches, orange urine, bad stomach cramps and now my foot has been swollen for a week. I went to the ER they said I was fine could be side effects of the Trulicity and told me to check with my doctor. I was on januvia, glipizide and never these kind of side effects. Metformin makes me so sick. I'm going to my doctor today to prescribe something else as I can't deal with the Trulicity.”

Matt1974 December 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I tried to get through the awful side effects but am throwing in towel after a month. Horrible abdomen pain, gas, nausea are just too much. I don’t tolerate metformin well also. Will try Junuvia next.”

mda185 December 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started on Trulicity .75 for first 2 weeks and then up to 1.5 every week. I was taking Metformin 500 mg twice a day at the same time. I had been previously using Victoza and Metformin. Insurance company forced a switch to Trulicity because they would no longer approve Victoza or Saxenda. No real change in my blood sugar levels. I was consistently between 100-140 on any of these drugs. Big problem with Trulicity is suddenly, I had erectile dysfunction. I did not have this side effect with Victoza or Saxenda used in conjuction with Metformin. I am 60 years old and extremely physically active. I exercise 6 days a week. I lost 45 lbs through diet, exercise, and Saxenda/Victoza. Had no problem with ED prior to switch to Trulicity.”

email4spam · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “been on this med for 5 years now since I participated in the drug trial. a1c has been normal and glucose levels are normal.”

Gtownboy November 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Started taking trulicity 8 weeks ago . Starting out there was a few side affects such as no appetite for food , pain in my back between my shoulder blades , gas , GERD out of this world and could not use the bathroom . I’ve been told trulicity slows down the digestion of your food . After 8 weeks I am having muscle spasms due to indigestion and all the other things associated with trulicity affecting my digestive system . In other words I eat for days and never go to bathroom . Food won’t move for days stuck inside of me !! Now that doesn’t sound healthy . My muscle spasms are so severe I have had to stop taking it . I hope this all goes away and hasn’t affected my pancreas , liver or digestive system . Going back to glipizide and metformin .”

Emmy P. November 23, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Well I visited my Doctor for regular yearly medical check up. Upon reading my last blood test my A1C was 7.6 which she was scared for me was high. She ask me if want to try this new medication Trulicity. I said why not, side effect diarrhea but lost weight in four weeks from 308lb to 297lbs. And A1C from 7.6 to 6.2. And having a good ability to control what I eat, lets say I don't feel like eating everything I see. For me trulicity works. I started on 0 .75mg now on double dose 1.5 which is not bad for the price $25 a week. Still taking my metformin 850mg. First time after my weight gain I have in control of what i eat.”

Debbieg796 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Had severe diarrhea and vomiting. Can’t eat lose 17 lbs in 12 days. Very weak with severe abdominal pain. Was not told that the side effects could be this bad. Not able to get around the house to sick to eat. Confusion and now bouts of crying can take this medicine. I haven’t had an injection in over a week but still feel just as bad. Don’t know why they put this on the market. Feel like my body is destroyed on the inside”

A159 November 18, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I see from reviews that this had been bad for some and good for others. For myself it has been more good than bad. I started on .75 four weeks ago. I found a loss of appetite a little nausea, some burping and lost a few pounds. After a couple of weeks I think I adjusted to the medicine and had no side effects and appetite came back. I am now on 1.5 dose and am getting the same side effects as before. I have now lost 5 lbs. I also take 1000mg metformin twice a day and glipizide 20mg once a day. My blood sugars numbers have improved from average 240 -300 to about 110 to 200. My A1C went from 12.7 to 10.3 in four weeks and I am now waiting to go have it checked again in two weeks. This is the best results from any medicine I have taken.”

no way greta · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “week 1 shot low dose- GERD kicked in, not really hungry week 2 shot, GERD worse, burping sulfur all day, still not hungry, nausea, tired all the time week 3 shot maintenance dose- GERD all time horrible, sulfur burps, diarrhea, nausea, stomach pains, tired all the time, food is revolting week 4 shot - wish I was dead. All the above now at the extreme - plus now I'm vomiting, missed work because of it. I will not take it again. Will stick with metformin and start cinnamon again.”

Working on Lowering A1C · Taken for less than 1 month November 16, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I was reading all the reviews on Trulicity and got a bit worried with all the getting sick, cancer, and the not working comments. I have been on Trulicity now for three weeks and have not felt any of the symptoms. I noticed I can not eat like I used to. I have to eat smaller meals because I get full fast. My sugar numbers have gotten low, they are at 91 to 117. My numbers have not been this low in a few years. The one thing I do have to do is constantly test my sugars because I get low readings. Lets see how I feel after taking Trulicity for a few months. I will keep you posted.”

Anonymous November 11, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Let me start off by saying that I have been very non compliant with my diabetes medications for years. Metformin was a bad experience. Glipizide made me hungry all the time. Byderion injections was the most horrific experience I ever had, I had horrible gas and abdominal cramping. I gave up on all diabetic medications and accepted that I was just going to eventually die from it My a1c was always over 10. But a Dr put me on farxiga which is amazing. No side effects for me at all and only 1 x a day but my a1c still needed help so he put me on trulicity and surprisingly the only side effect has been random nausea especially after eating badly. So now I'm on trulicity farxiga and actos and so far so good! I'm actually looking forward to my next labs.”

Bones59 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 6, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “I’ve been on Trulicity about 5 months and haven’t had any negative side effects. Before trulicity my A1C was 12.5 and my sugars couldn’t be controlled. I failed the usual oral medications due to a stomach issues and my weight was climbing. After 3 months on Trulicity my A1C dropped to 8.5 and I lost 11 lbs. My sugar has been much easier to control and at 5 months I’ve lost 22 lbs. and only have 15 lbs. to go to get to my pre-diabetic weight of 120 lbs. I’ve been able to control my appetite and make better food choices and I have more energy. I also use once daily Farxiga (pill) and once daily Lantus (injection). An interesting side effect of better controlled sugar and weight loss has been better respiratory volume when I’m active.”

Bigdaddyrich · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “Has helped me drop my numbers by almost 100. Took awhile to get used to side effects. Sometimes they rear up and show me who's boss. I haven't lost any weight but haven't gained either. My average blood sugars were 210 now they are 130”

Mcars1 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 4, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “No side effects has worked well for me”

Wenta November 2, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “This is week 2 on 1.5 Trulicity. I was diagnosed 3 months ago and started with a 12 A1C and a 285 blood sugar. I started on Metformin 1,000 x 2 per day and have really suffered the last 3 months with severe stomach issues. I have not had a normal bowel movement in 3 months. I have recently added Trulicity to the metformin and my A1C is now down to 7.2 and blood sugar down to 138 - almost to my target of 6.5/130. All of that in just 3 months, so for me a life saver. I am still having the stomach issues, but honestly not sure which medicine it is from, but I am willing to work thru it to get me to a healthy place. I did notice the fattier the food I eat the worse the cramping and bathroom issues.”

Poor diet · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2017

For Diabetes, Type 2: “The only reason I agreed to try this medication was due to the results of weight loss from other reviews. I have tried Trulicity and have experienced horrible side effects. I researched information on diabetes and controlling the levels. This medicine creates a dependence on it. I have had great results changing my diet. Eating whole foods and healthy fats such as avocados and salmon have been a life changing experience. I have brought down my blood sugar levels and have never looked or felt better. Eating the right foods and avoiding sugar is the best way to help your body stay healthy.”