User Reviews for Doxylamine / pyridoxine systemic

Nausea/Vomiting
5.5

Summary of Doxylamine/pyridoxine reviews 6.9 99 reviews

Reviews for Doxylamine/pyridoxine

Bonjesta (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "This is my first pregnancy and I have been extremely nauseated . Which started at week 6. At 8 weeks I was vomiting 3-4x a day. I am currently 10 weeks and my doctor prescribed me Bonjesta which has worked like a gem! I am forever grateful that their is a safe and effective method for women experiencing these symptoms throughout their pregnancy. I am hoping that as I move into the 12-14 week phase I will no longer have to rely on this medication but in the meantime I will continue to take it in order to function. It did make me extremely drowsy at first but now that I take it on a regular basis as prescribed my body has become some what adjusted. I typically take it in the evenings before bed."

SMommy123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Bonjesta (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "Came into severe morning sickness at 6th week of my 1st pregnancy. Lost my appetite; nauseous all day everyday. Nights were the worst b/c I would wake up every 20 min. feeling like I needed to vomit. I lost weight. I tried homeopathic remedies. Nothing worked. I was so worried that I would have to live like this for my whole pregnancy. My doctor prescribed Bonjesta. Within 20 minutes of taking first pill, I felt drowsy, but my nausea already started subsiding. I will take drowsiness over nausea any day. I have to work hard to stay focussed, but still I am able to work & function & eat. I highly recommend Bonjesta. I still experience mild nausea from time to time but nothing like before. I take 1 pill when I wake up in the AM + 1 pill at approx. 6:30pm."

Court (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I have Hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)! Have with all 6 pregnancies. My last pregnancy (my 5th) my dr gave me diclegis and it changed my whole pregnancy experience! My previous 4 pregnancies I suffered for 5-6 months constantly puking, weak, fatigued can't get out of bed, can't keep food or water down, in fact I have been hospitalized with every pregnancy for dehydration and was admitted for 3-5 day where the pumped me up with phenergan and zofran ( other nausea meds) I would feel a little better but the nausea was never gone! After my first dose of diclegis I immediately felt a difference! Let me be clear this is the only thing that has ever really helped take away the vomiting and nausea EVER I've tried everything! During my 5th pregnancy when I started taking the diclegis it was the first time I felt relief. I am now pregnant with my 6th child and I have started diclegis again because at 6 weeks I'm so sick with nausea and vomiting I can't get out of bed!"

Mama of 6 September 11, 2018

Bonjesta (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "Was extremely nauseous and was put on Zofran. Still had nausea, so my doctor suggested I try Bonjesta. So far it has made my nausea manageable and even nonexistent at times. I have gained weight back that I had lost from not being able to eat. The worst part is the tired feeling, but I will take that over the intense nausea any day. It does make my heart pound, but nothing that wasn’t already listed in side effects."

SJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "My grandchildren were born deaf after their mother took this medicine"

Texas Grandma September 2, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I was finally diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) and my the hospital prescribed me this med when no other med even took the edge off. I was to take it before bed every night. The first night I woke up drowsy but able to take my daughter to school and even walk her to class! The second night I slept from 10pm-1pm the next day. I had an upset stomach but not sure if the meds caused me to be on the toilet for 30 minutes . For me it takes the edge off of my nausea but I still vomit and I am extremely drowsy . It feels like it took a whole bottle of sleep aid!! No lie . I’m going to take it at least a week before I give up on it completely. And I sleep like a baby once I’m sleeping "

Mommyof2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 16, 2018

Bonjesta (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "At first, I HATED how drowsy this medication made me. The first dose, which I took at 9 p.m. knocked me out until around 3 p.m. the next day. But slowly my down time started to decrease more and more. Last night I took it and went straight to bed around 10 and I woke up around 9:45. So that's improvement. I think it's worth it to keep taking it and seeing if your body gets used to the drowsiness because honestly for me it REALLY helps with the nausea. Some days it's just barely there, others it is almost non-existent. It totally makes morning sickness more bearable for me."

jbear (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I know this doesn’t work for everyone, but before I started it I was praying for twins because I didn’t think I could take another pregnancy. Since I started it, my whole experience has been completely different and I feel amazing! Worth every penny!!"

KatB June 9, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I was afraid to take any medication, but my nausea was so bad that I was left with no choice. It didn’t seem to work the first week because I didn’t take it as prescribed because it made me so sleepy and I still had to work and take care of my other two kids. I buckled down and took it Morning, Noon and Night as prescribed. The nausea finally let up and I felt much better, but I never really felt like myself. I was low on energy and just felt foggy. My stomach would rumbled every time I ate or drank anything. I had anxiety about leaving the house because I always felt that I had to use the bathroom, but I was constipated. I listened to my body and stopped taking the medication for a few days and I felt like myself again, energetic and clear, but that didn’t last long. Once that medicine moved out of my body, I got sick as a dog. I’m taking the pills again, but here comes the side affects: insomnia, nightmares, light headed and fatigue. I hope the constipation don’t come back."

Ms G (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Diclegis didn't help me with my severe nausea & morning sickness. Just in 2 days, I threw up 2 times nothing but blood! As it's side effects, Dizziness and stomach ache added to my morning sickness as well. I stopped taking it today & my doctor prescribed Zofran for me which I've started taking that since noon. I got better in less than 30 min with that!!! OMG! Can't believe that I feel normal again."

Jasmine Lrgn February 1, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "This medicine is awful! I’m 6 weeks pregnant with 2nd pregnancy and this was the first time I had experienced nausea. My doctor gave me some samples and they first night was wonderful! After a couple days I noticed was zombie like and could hardly get out of bed! I felt delirious and drugged!!! I wouldn’t recommend this to anybody that works, have have kids or who doesn’t want to be groggy all day long!"

Anonymous January 21, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "My first trimester of pregnancy has been entirely brutal. Nausea from the time I woke up until I fell asleep, and sometimes even waking up to vomit. Many days I vomited 4-5 times a day. This medicine is not a “cure all”, but it has helped me immensely. The drowsiness in the mornings is difficult but it was way less severe than my nausea. This medication has made me feel slightly human again. Many of my other terrible symptoms remain, but my nausea is under much better control with this drug."

ALH322 January 14, 2018

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "It works...gave me my life back"

Annahn December 19, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I have hyperemesis gravidarum. This is my third pregnancy and third time having it. My doctor gave me Diclegis. I will say it has helped with the vomiting 90%. I only throw up when I get out of bed in the morning. I am able to eat food again without throwing it up seconds later. The downsides that I have noticed are the severe drowsiness and upset stomach at night. My stomach turns all night and makes it hard for me to get comfortable. The drowsiness... Well I don't wake up until around 10 or 11 a.m. And then I'm back in bed around 3 and sleep until 6 or 7 p.m. And then back to sleep around 10 p.m. I pretty much traded the vomiting for drowsiness. I can't get anything done around my house and hate being in bed nearly all day."

Indianajq45 (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "So I suffer from hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) (severe nausea and vomiting) I was prescribed zofran with my first pregnancy and the birth defects that were listed that could effect my baby, effected my baby. I was so angry and upset with my doctor for telling me it was safe to take. My daughter now has a heart defect. Second pregnancy, I suffered so much more than my first. I found a new obgyn and he prescribed me Diclegis. I will say this, it’s a life saver. I was vomiting 20-25 times a day and the nausea never went away. I couldn't drink or eat anything I lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks. This drug is the only thing that is safe during pregnancy and it was the only drug that works. I would only recommend this to anyone that suffers from HG."

Brittmariah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "Just started this medication and have had a great improvement! I’m taking the full 4 pill dosage. I was a regular unisom user before taking this, so I don’t not find it makes me very drowsy, maybe a little midday but who doesn’t get tired in the afternoon? Totally worth it to not feel sick and miserable - I had moderate to severe all-day nausea, no vomiting. I’m trying to get on a schedule of taking all 4 spread out (vs two at bedtime) to get really consistent levels, since it does not make me very drowsy. This medicine helps me get through the day with my toddler! It is a little expensive, but worth it for me, feeling sick is the worst. Together with some lemon candies and magnesium spray for random waves of nausea, it’s a good combo."

AMLpineapple (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "My doctor recommended this for my morning sickness. I was desperate to control the vomiting because I needed to go to work. I got extreme heartburn when I eat no matter what. Eating was painful. If I skipped a dose I would vomit uncontrollably. It was horrible. One day I threw up blood. I had noticed prior times that it seemed like blood spots, but I thought it was only in my head. By my 7 month of pregnancy I still felt horrible and could not get of the pills. I started to feel chest pains. One night I woke of from the pain in my arm and chest. Very scary. I stopped taking the medicine that day."

Pattyph690786 November 27, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "A total waste! It was way too expensive, but if it worked it would have been worth it! Got it took two the first night. Could not keep my eyes open the next day, Day two took one at night and didn’t work at all, so the next day took 2 before eating dinner and went to sleep super early.... it landed me in the hospital! My heart was rushing, I was throwing up, I was dizzy, and almost passed out! This is just a fancy b6!"

Smatherly (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I started Diclegis a few weeks ago for nausea. I'm now 11 weeks along and have had no sickness.. it does cause drowsiness so I only take 1 at night. Also dry mouth for me.. but it's worth not getting sick, especially if you have long work shifts."

Marie618 (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "This medicine works wonders! I was having severe nausea & vomiting every morning to the point I was losing so much weight. My doctor prescribed me Diclegis , I take 2 at night & one during the day because of how tired it makes me. Ever since I've been taking it I've been able to hold down food & water & I've also gained an appetite. Without these I wouldn't be able to go to work. I love them!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "This sent me to the hospital!!! I was on my second pregnancy and my OB prescribed Diclegis for my morning sickness, which feels more like all day sickness. I decided to wait till night time to take 1 instead of 2 because it said it caused drowsiness and my toddler was 1 at the time. So I wake up at 4am feeling extremely flushed, I could feel my blood pumping through my body! My heart is racing out of control. I honestly thought I was having a heart attack! I called 911 and the paramedics said my HR was at 120. Once I got to the ER I started to hyperventilate to the point where I couldn't walk, talk, and my extremities became stiff. OB laughed at me didn't believe any of my side effects, fired him, never took it again! Don't recommend it!"

EMSMon (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medication gave me my life back. I started it yesterday and I do not need anymore time to try it out to review it. I was throwing up so much that I had thoughts of suicide and/or termination of pregnancy...and we planned for this baby. Anyone who knows me, knows those thoughts are insane for me but I couldn't take another day of laying in bed throwing up. I was expecting to fall asleep and not wake up based on the comments but I woke up completely fine at 6am and I took 2 pills before bed at 10pm. I was pretty tired until 11am, but I will take tired ANY DAY over being sick and nauseous. I could sleep like crazy right now but I will not stop taking these meds. It was $894 before insurance for 120 pills and my copay was only $40!!!!"

Freeman1987 August 24, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "I took three. 1 in the morning, 1 around 1 p.m. and the nausea didn't stop so I took another one. My doctor said I should take 1 before every meal and 2 before bed or as needed. The label says take 2 pills before meals. My point being it made me feel horrible. It made me feel drugged up. I didn't want to move, I felt like I want to throw up and go #2 and just get out of my body. I'm never taking that again. Its 9:30 pm and I still feel drugged up. This drug is an antihistamine and messes with your brain. I should've read about it before taking it. Although I'm 8 weeks pregnant and nauseous all day and my Dr said it is given to all OB patients so I trusted him."

Not my cup of tea August 24, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "This drug has saved me from going insane because of how ill I was. I suffered from severe Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Throwing up for weeks on end, I would throw up every few hours. I went days without being able to keep anything down, including water. Those who suffer from NVP, I know your suffering... it is so awful! I was stuck on the couch and in bed for over a month and then I finally decided it was time to go on medicine. My quality of life was 0 before this medication. This medicine is definitely on the spendier side but worth every penny if you are suffering. If this medication didn't exist I would no doubt be in the hospital."

My sanity saver! (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Diclegis (doxylamine / pyridoxine) for Nausea/Vomiting of Pregnancy: "Absolutely improved my pregnancy experience by reducing my nausea and vomiting. I was prescribed 2 tablets before bed, 1 in the morning and 1 mid day because I was extremely sick. They always recommended it to be taken with an empty stomach. I only took 2 before bed with food (because I refuse to take any pill on an empty stomach) and it worked wonders. If I ever forgot to take them I was guaranteed a horrible day."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 21, 2017