User Reviews for Docetaxel

Also known as: Docefrez, Taxotere

Learn more about Docetaxel.

Solid Tumors 1 reviews 10 medications

Breast Cancer, Metastatic 1 reviews 28 medications

Breast Cancer 4 reviews 56 medications

3.8
Summary of Docetaxel reviews 6 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Docetaxel

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Solid Tumors: "I had a hysterectomy in December of 2015 & was diagnosed at a stage 1a with Leiomyosarcoma (rare form of uterine cancer) . I was also given gemzar at the same time as taxotere. 4 cycles altogether. (every 3 weeks) My side effects were hair loss (yes - eyelashes & brows), some nausea, skin peeling of hands and feet, severe edema and shortness of breath, fevers, bone pain and muscle aches. It has now been 4 months since that drug was given to me. I had to follow those 2 drugs with 4 cycles of Adriamycin (which was like taking a baby aspirin compared to taxotere). I completed my chemo on July 28th, I have had 1 cat scan come back clear, so I get checked every 3 months for 2 years. I was scared at first, but now that I made it through, I am thankful I chose treatment."

Ccer September 13, 2016

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: "I had some horrible side effects. All my hair, eye lashes and eye brows fell out. I have super thin hair now, no eye lashes and hardly any eye brows. I had 4 treatments with this drug. At that time, I experienced severe pain that I had to go to the ER for, all of finger nails and toe nails fell out. I also had what seemed to be chemical burns on my hands and feet. My skin peeled off to reveal red sore skin. I also had infection at my cuticle sight on my all of my fingers. Though I have been in remission for 4 years, the side effects were awful. This was my second round of chemo. I had a first treatment with a different drug, 3 surgeries and then this chemo followed with radiation."

MAMABEAR82104 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2016

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: "Hands and feet swelled. Feet swelled from wearing a size 7 shoe, needed to wear a size 8.5 until the swelling dissipated. I only had one session of Taxotere before my oncologist stopped this treatment. I believe that there were about 5 sessions scheduled before I experienced these side effects. I received it in Spring of 2005!"

kalakak April 22, 2015

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: "Had 4 treatments 3 weeks apart. Symptoms still hanging on a month after completion are wrinkled fingertips and a slight feeling like I touched a hot cookie sheet. Very sensitive to spicy foods as tongue felt burnt too."

LMuckey February 11, 2015

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer, Metastatic: "I was given this medication with Pergeta and Herceptin for 4 cycles. The 1st cycle proved to have the most side effects, nausea, constipation, heart burn, readness, and tired."

JKK01 June 5, 2013

Taxotere (docetaxel) for Breast Cancer: "The side effects (well for me ) were unbearable. I had tingling in my feet and finger tips. Sharp pain from my finger tips to my wrist. I had sharp pain from my toes to my heel. It caused Thrush in my mouth. Caused trouble swallowing and chewing."

Anonymous November 9, 2011