User Reviews for Dicyclomine

Also known as: Bemote, Bentyl, Bentyl Syrup, Byclomine, Di-Spaz, Dibent, Dicyclocot, Dilomine

Learn more about Dicyclomine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 95 reviews 137 medications

8.1
Colitis 8 reviews 2 medications

5.9
Summary of Dicyclomine reviews 103 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Dicyclomine

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have experienced most of the side effects and considering I had anorexia nervosa when I was young and still forget to eat for up to 10 days or more. I don't know if I should be taking this??? My doctor knew this but still prescribed it...WHY?!?"

FroggieEMT (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I love this pill I've suffered from IBS-D for 7 years was finally diagnosed I was prescribed bentyl and it's been amazing I couldn't handle red meat or seasonings or any food at all and it's been life changing I no longer fear eating the foods I love I am finally at peace with my stomach"

IBS is not BS (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been on this for at least ten years and to this day it still gives me nausea, and dries my mouth out terribly, they wanted me to take up to 4 a day I can barely take one."

looneyL August 6, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this pill tonight for the first time, almost 3 years in pain every morning I had to wake up an hour earlier just for designated bathroom time, nearly falling sometimes in pain if I couldn't get to a bathroom. Tonight I had a rolling cramp and took it, within minutes it just stopped.. I ate a full meal and I haven't had to run to the bathroom urgency... Hopefully I can handle the simpler side effects"

Happy Belly July 28, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This actually works really well. I just took this because I've been having really bad diarrhea pain but no diarrhea and the second I took this it helped. It actually allowed me to go to the bathroom and made my stomach feel 10 times better than it did."

Kbxx (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had been taking this for a year, with no side effects. They made me kinda giggly and high but just recently I've been having terrible side effects. I get dizzy, disoriented, anxiety attacks, insomnia and terrible migraines. I had to be taken off of it immediately when it sent me to the ER with dialted pupils/blurred vision , slow heart rate, low blood pressure and the major disorientation"

JuliaSuzanne June 16, 2016

For Colitis: "It worked for me it helped with bloating and cramping"

SMS 08 June 15, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Crohns Disease 10 years - just started it as needed recently. Has saved me several from having to go to the ER. Slows my bowels so I don't have loose stools while traveling. Works quickly. Little to no side effects - 10mg"

Theo788255 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

For Colitis: "well it seems to help so much it scares me. the thing is been to the ER alot of times no answers.once they did find i have small hiatel hernia. My gastro Dr put me on this it seems to help keep me out of the ER. I am thankful for this, and pray it continues with my other meds to help. till i have my surgery.It makes me tired but thats all."

Jewels45 May 28, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this without ill effect for several years, then suddenly it became a bad migraine trigger, the blurry vision became untolerable, do had to stop."

fracnes April 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I actually call these my magic belly pills. I was given the bentyl for IBS-C. BEST THING to happen to my chronic stomach pains. I do get a sedated type of feel from it, but it's completely worth it and its not as sedating as Benadryl is for me, so it's not bad at all. I only take it as needed, but sometimes it's needed around the clock for a few days in a row. It also works better than anything I've tried for menstrual cramps too. This has been a life saver for me. Even though its prescribed for IBS with diarrhea, it relaxes my muscles so that I am able to go. Amazing drug and I would recommend it to anyone suffering with stomach pains."

Amangi06 (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I get horrible cramping in my lower abdomen and my GI suspects I have IBS so she prescribed this to me to take as needed up to twice a day. This is the only stuff that works for me in all honesty. I have tried everything else and this has worked like a charm every time I have needed it."

Ayden P. March 13, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Vivid nightmares vivid daytime hallucinations usually concerning my spouse and other women"

Janey Liggett (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am a male, 66 years old. Suffering from IBS/SIBO for 20 plus years. Check out SIBO on google. Side effects for this medicine give me extreme headaches. I have started using my old standby Peppermint Plus with no LSD affects. I also take peppermint tea with ginger powder."

King of IBS (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 20, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS for 6 years this is the only medication that has worked for me the only thing is it makes me drowsy but I also take 2 pills a day"

LlamaMama (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 14, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Started with a low dose at 10 mg to avoid drowsiness. This was the only option for me after fighting IBS for over 15 years. Works on your first day right away. The only side effect is a little blury vision. I take one dose right before dinner time. The pill regulates the bowel movements like clock work. This pill also helped me with my sleep issues."

badgut February 11, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I'm on my second script. I still have gastritis so I'm not taking it anymore."

DLPorter January 10, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "IBS-D for about 10 yrs. bentyl is the only drug that will help for me ! Within 10 mins of taking! Every time!"

#wonderdrug (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Not sure I'd the Bentyl is working or not! I have lots of upper stomach pain along with right side pain and in the last 24 hrs dull green mucus diarrhea! I had to scans, one with dye but both came back neg! The bentyl seems to calm down the upper stomach pain but I'm now having this mucus issue????"

Tova (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I take bentyl for IBS and diverticulitis. It works great. Usually starts to work within about half an hour. Side effects for me is drowsiness and blurred vision but I will deal with that in order to reduce pain from IBS/diverticulitis. I would highly recommend it but start it at home or when you have time to sleep off the drowsiness until you get use to it."

Kim76 December 22, 2015

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Was great for first day or so but then struck by horrible side effects. Cramps in my legs so bad I could hardly walk and literally didn't get a wink of sleep at night due to the pain and restless legs. Blurred vision and very bad nausea also. Would advise a low dose at first to see how it goes but beware of side effects."

JoePublic (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medication at first can have some strong, sedating side effects, but as long as you hang in there they will diminish. This medication has really helped my life. And I know it will help many others, from the cramping, the constant back and forth to the bathroom, not being able to eat, or eat to much, it just makes you normal again. It took me about 2 weeks to start seeing changes again but you will feel the effects right away. Just stay with it people."

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I just got diagnosed with IBS and was given Bentyl to get rid of the worse cramping pains I ever had. It worked great but caused severe panic attack. Had to switch"

Doana (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have know been on Dicyclomine (Bentyl) for 3 weeks now and it has its pros and cons. It definitely takes my stomach pains away, even without my pain medication if I don't have them on me. And most of the time it gives me a relaxing feeling as well. But the only down side is the couple side effects is sometimes it will make my nausea worse, so at times I will have to double up on my nausea medication and there has been a couple times were it made my anxiety worse. But I'm hoping these symptoms will fully go away the more my body gets used to it. I was on Librax but the stomach medication in Librax didn't work for me, just the anxiety part of the medication in librax helped, so there was no point in taking it. Thanks Bentyl!"

NW49ERSFAN1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took 1 tablet and within 5 minutes had the calmest bowel in years with very digestive discomfort at all. Only been taking it for 2 days and still trying to find my best dosage and times to the medicine but I feel better than I have in a long,long time. I'm in the UK and have IBS D and had to research the drug before asking my GP to prescribe it. Give it a go and it might help you a lot too."

Lenin66 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015