User Reviews for Dicyclomine

Also known as: Bemote, Bentyl, Bentyl Syrup, Byclomine, Di-Spaz, Dibent, Dicyclocot, Dilomine

Learn more about Dicyclomine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 107 reviews 139 medications

8.1
Noninfectious Colitis 9 reviews 2 medications

6.3
Summary of Dicyclomine reviews 116 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Dicyclomine

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have mild IBS. Stomach cramps in the morning. Shift between mild constipation and "all at once" where I have to use the bathroom 3 times in one hour. This medicine has greatly reduced the all or nothing pattern."

Jcm71 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "In 2012 after getting some shocking news my body went weird. I was treated for a year on a powder that made your bowels flow. I still suffered from stomach pains. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Finding were some polyps and acid reflex and some kind of cyst that was pushing down on my stomach. My Gi and Surgeon said after surgery I should return to normal. That did not happen. My Gi doctor told me I did not have IBS and would not treat me for that. My new primary doctor looked over my records and listened to me. She said it does sound like IBS. First plan was to change my eating habits. That did not help much at all. On 12/23/2016 she issued me Dicyclomine 20 mg 4 times a day. I don't have stomach pain and bowel almost normal."

Maryjomama December 27, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I just started taking this medicine today because every other medicine I've been on hasn't worked and I've been so sick with stomach pains and running to the bathroom. My doctor said to take 1 or 2. I took 2 at lunch does that mean I should take 2 at dinner as well? I can't take the stomach pains anymore. Do you guys think this will help? Thanks"

Knd1245 November 22, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been on Bentyl for 3 1/2 years and my IBS is so much better when I take my pill. Initially I had severe dry mouth that lasted for about 3 months, but I no longer have that side effect. I take a pill one hour before I eat, and I can pretty much eat without worrying about a flare up. If I eat a meal or snack with little or no fiber, my stomach gurgles and I get gas but no diarrhea."

Micki J (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 18, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had severe pain in my upper stomach right side by my ribs accompanied by constipation. Was told had fatty liver disease. Ordered to get x-ray MRI ctscan colonoscopy. All was fine. Pain so extreme couldn't function. After several trips to the ER 1 doc LISTENED AND BELIEVED me. She prescribed me Bentyl and gave me a shot in my bum. After 15 minutes NO PAIN!!! I hope this continues but as of now it's a lifesaver!!!!"

Nodocblievemebt1 (taken for less than 1 month) November 1, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Miracle worker!! I have IBS and I use it for flares and it lets me actually function. I notice some people on here can take it during a flare..I can't. Doesn't seem to help unless I take it about an hour before I eat."

Lindatall2 October 22, 2016

For Noninfectious Colitis: "I have had IBS for many years and have dealt with it. Just this past week I made a trip to the ER thinking I was having appendicitis. Thank God I didn't. I was diagnosed with Colitis. The pain was so severe at times I couldn't hardly walk. I went to my doctor the next day and he prescribed dicyclomine. What a life saver!! No more pain."

Muffn43 (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Luv it been on it 2 days now had an attack like an hour ago was in severe pain took one 20 mg worked in 30 min its a life saver for me!"

Dee 711 (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suffered for many years with spasming gut: rolling waves of pain so severe I would be drenched in sweat, no control of explosive diarrhea. I would be on the verge of passing out and have to lay on the bathroom stall floor in my own diarrhea. Bentyl has saved me. I was on a high dose at first, but slowly tapered off. Now I take it as soon as I feel a bout coming on. I carry it with me and it has saved me much public embarrassment. It is a blessing."

Diany October 1, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Crohn's for 16 years, recent IBS diagnosis. This medicine was very effective 18 months ago. I went off it for 2 weeks 6 months ago to see if I still needed it, and thought it was still helping. I didn't know the nausea, extreme tiredness, and weird head symptoms (like I drank too much coffee/high, dizzyish) could be related to this med since I'd already been on it for a while. The nausea and weird head symptoms got progressively worse and more persistent where some days I'd just need to nap right after waking and was not functional, while trying to raise 4 young kiddos. Thank God, I finally eliminated the dicyclomine, after changing many things about my life. Now those symptoms are gone. Still IBS symptoms that I will deal with for now."

Chronie September 29, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Took me several trips back to the ER for fluids with vitamins, to help flush this Aweful stuff out! Had BAD side effects 4 a Month!!! BAD!!! NEVER TAKE UNLESS U LUV BEING WEAK & NO ENERGY ALONG WITH MASSIVE DIAREA & NO APPITITE, & LUV DEHYDRATION"

BAD!!! DO NOT TAKE September 25, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "My doctor prescribed this after he decided out of the blue that he wasn't comfortable prescribing me Donnatal anymore. Donnatal was a 10/10 in terms of relief and lank of side effects, but Bentyl has been awful. Blurry vision, nausea, coordination problems, flushing of the skin, hot flashes, extreme dry mouth and eyes, and maybe half the time very slight relief from cramping and pain. The negative side effects absolutely outweigh the minimal benefits, especially the added nausea on top of the nausea from my IBS. I'm supposed to take 4 per day but even 2 per day and the side effects are unbearable. I can't drive after I take this either because of the vision and dizziness issues. Hands down one of the worst poisons I've put in my body."

MrSideEffects September 23, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This has been my savior when an IBS attack hits. I thank goodness for dicyclomine!"

DoctorMomma August 29, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have experienced most of the side effects and considering I had anorexia nervosa when I was young and still forget to eat for up to 10 days or more. I don't know if I should be taking this??? My doctor knew this but still prescribed it...WHY?!?"

FroggieEMT (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I love this pill I've suffered from IBS-D for 7 years was finally diagnosed I was prescribed bentyl and it's been amazing I couldn't handle red meat or seasonings or any food at all and it's been life changing I no longer fear eating the foods I love I am finally at peace with my stomach"

IBS is not BS (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been on this for at least ten years and to this day it still gives me nausea, and dries my mouth out terribly, they wanted me to take up to 4 a day I can barely take one."

looneyL August 6, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this pill tonight for the first time, almost 3 years in pain every morning I had to wake up an hour earlier just for designated bathroom time, nearly falling sometimes in pain if I couldn't get to a bathroom. Tonight I had a rolling cramp and took it, within minutes it just stopped.. I ate a full meal and I haven't had to run to the bathroom urgency... Hopefully I can handle the simpler side effects"

Happy Belly July 28, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This actually works really well. I just took this because I've been having really bad diarrhea pain but no diarrhea and the second I took this it helped. It actually allowed me to go to the bathroom and made my stomach feel 10 times better than it did."

Kbxx (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had been taking this for a year, with no side effects. They made me kinda giggly and high but just recently I've been having terrible side effects. I get dizzy, disoriented, anxiety attacks, insomnia and terrible migraines. I had to be taken off of it immediately when it sent me to the ER with dialted pupils/blurred vision , slow heart rate, low blood pressure and the major disorientation"

JuliaSuzanne June 16, 2016

For Noninfectious Colitis: "It worked for me it helped with bloating and cramping"

SMS 08 June 15, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Crohns Disease 10 years - just started it as needed recently. Has saved me several from having to go to the ER. Slows my bowels so I don't have loose stools while traveling. Works quickly. Little to no side effects - 10mg"

Theo788255 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2016

For Noninfectious Colitis: "well it seems to help so much it scares me. the thing is been to the ER alot of times no answers.once they did find i have small hiatel hernia. My gastro Dr put me on this it seems to help keep me out of the ER. I am thankful for this, and pray it continues with my other meds to help. till i have my surgery.It makes me tired but thats all."

Jewels45 May 28, 2016

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I took this without ill effect for several years, then suddenly it became a bad migraine trigger, the blurry vision became untolerable, do had to stop."

fracnes April 17, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I actually call these my magic belly pills. I was given the bentyl for IBS-C. BEST THING to happen to my chronic stomach pains. I do get a sedated type of feel from it, but it's completely worth it and its not as sedating as Benadryl is for me, so it's not bad at all. I only take it as needed, but sometimes it's needed around the clock for a few days in a row. It also works better than anything I've tried for menstrual cramps too. This has been a life saver for me. Even though its prescribed for IBS with diarrhea, it relaxes my muscles so that I am able to go. Amazing drug and I would recommend it to anyone suffering with stomach pains."

Amangi06 (taken for 10 years or more) March 14, 2016

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I get horrible cramping in my lower abdomen and my GI suspects I have IBS so she prescribed this to me to take as needed up to twice a day. This is the only stuff that works for me in all honesty. I have tried everything else and this has worked like a charm every time I have needed it."

Ayden P. March 13, 2016