User Reviews for Dicyclomine

Also known as: Bemote, Bentyl, Bentyl Syrup, Byclomine, Di-Spaz, Dibent, Dicyclocot, Dilomine

Learn more about Dicyclomine.

Irritable Bowel Syndrome 136 reviews 141 medications

7.9
Noninfectious Colitis 9 reviews 2 medications

6.3
Summary of Dicyclomine reviews 145 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Dicyclomine

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This stuff is a God send. I take it about 30 to 60 minutes before eating anything and it not only gives me a few pain free hours, but it also gives me a general relaxed feeling. *sidenote* that relaxed feeling is great when your stomach is really painful. BUT it does make you kind of on a high. Not like a drug high but more a chill relaxed high if that makes any sense. So BE CAREFUL if you need to drive or anything like that. Makes me high and tired but worth it for no stomach aches! Damn IBS!"

meeeee8529 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I had been suffering from IBS-d and Coeliac Disease since the end of 2011. Just recently as in four weeks ago found out what was wrong with me. I have been taking dicyclomine for about a year now and changing up my diet has really helped. With the new gluten free diet and the dicyclomine, life has gone from sitting on the toilet to being able to enjoy life. However just recently I have started to get aniexty attacks, loss of focus and zoning out as well as unusual thoughts. It really scares me when these things happen. I wish there was an alternative type of medication I could use because I do not like my mental faculties to be foggy. All and all the medication helps with the cramps, bloating, and diarrhea."

What is going on in my head. (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had IBS for as long as I can remember. It gets so bad that I vomit from the pain, then about 15 years ago began passing out from the abdominal cramping. Finally talked to my dr after passing out while driving. Tried different drugs, and he finally gave me lomotil which worked but made my constipation worse. Finally, I became a nurse and started working in a prison I discovered dicyclomine is what they were prescribed so I asked my dr about it. It was been a life saver!! I take it only as needed when I start to feel the cramping coming on. The only downside is it makes me feel kind of high. Maybe it's just dizziness & tiredness but I've been known to fall down a couple of times using it. It beats passing out on the toilet though!"

Megiepoo August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've been on this a month and it's been horrible. I have IBS that goes in waves, sometimes I'm fine sometimes my bowels are very unpredictable. This has given me the worst stomach pain I can imagine every day since I began. I have no appetite and I also rarely have bowel movements anymore, but 24/7 I feel like I will have diarrhea.... but I never do. It's miserable, I can barely go anywhere due to the stabbing pain."

Elisabeth145 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Tried for several years. Doctor kept upping how many to take each day. Got to 4 and decided it just didn't work for me."

Plantero August 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Whenever I get a stomach virus, my body fights it for hours. I get extremely painful waves of stomach spasms and it is worse than labor. This gets progressively worse until I finally throw up over and over and over with the spasms continuing till I am better. I usually end up in the ER with an IV cocktail to get the pain to subside. One of the ER docs (and now my PCP) prescribed Bentyl to me and it is like a miracle. It calms down the spasms to manageable and has no narcotic side effect. It has saved me several times to calm down the spasms that rock my stomach and saved me an ER visit."

tricializ (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Dicyclocot (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Just recently started taking. About 2 weeks now. I'm beginning to have some side effects, but,in general it has clear up some of the stomach drama except the nausea . I don't like being sleepy all the time but I feel better but not 100%"

Pootydo July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Works on cramps and spasms 100 percent"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Helped my IBS discomfort. Minimum help in reducing "bloating" but helped in reducing colon stress. Caused blurred vision, dizziness and tiredness as side effects."

royd (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Very effective for making my bowel cramps go away. I like that I do get drowsy because I do not feel good during my IBS episodes and this helps me to rest better. The only bad thing is when I take it late in the day, the next morning and good portion of the day I am groggy and its hard to get up. I am very grateful to have something for pain thats safe, non habit forming, and works well all the time."

Neese H. (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This was one of the first IBS-D medicine I have taken. It worked somewhat, but it made me forget everything. And I mean EVERYTHING."

Jennyybabe May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Absolute God Sent. This medication helped eliminate the horrible cramps and pains my stomach was experiencing. This medicine works in curing the tummy aches associated with IBS. I was skeptical at first but after a week of hell my Dr prescribed it and now about 95% of all pain and discomfort is gone. Please take this on empty stomach so you get full effects, you can eat 30-45 min later."

rayray1977 (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've had off and on severe heartburn with this. I've tried it with and without food, with a full glass of water and with just a little water. Sometimes it's fine and helps relax my bowels, but the heartburn feels like I swallowed a piece of glass when I get it. This really limits its effectiveness for me because I don't want to risk the heartburn, so I take it less. I take Nexium too, but it doesn't help with Dicyclomine heartburn..."

theskysnotabove (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I am going to try this medication. I have had IBS for years now. I just wanted to let you know that one thing that sets it off every time is anything carbonated, pop, water and so on. Just wanted to let you know."

IhateIBS May 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I take 20 mgs of this medication 4 times a day for IBS and gastroparesis because it helps with pyloric spams that I get with it. My GI doctor also says that I can take it up to 6 times a day on days when the cramping is really bad from the spasms. It works well. I get cramping some, but not nearly like I used to. I haven't had any side effects with it. It's a huge benefit that it helps with both diseases. It also doesn't slow my stomach with the gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach) down as much as most similar medications do, so it was the best choice for me."

Gastroparesis Girl May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I suffered from bouts of severe stomach pain, diarrhea, vomiting. Had every test known to man with everything coming back with no problem. Severe bloating, lots of burping. This problem started when I was only two years old, I failed classes in school, I grew up knowing that if I started belching more usual or had high stomach pain that I needed to prepare for two or three days of the worst stomach pain that you can imagine. Emergency rooms and doctors kept telling me food poisoning, gastritis, virus. The pain was so bad I thought I was going to die. Finally at 44 years old after three ER trips in two days, a simple, young doctor at the hospital gave me bentyl.....PAIN GONE!! ITS A MIRACLE DRUG. I don't take it every day but I take it when"

0529teresa0827 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Bentyl has helped with my nervousness and the resulting nervous indigestion. I haven't noticed any side effects."

Jeane37 (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I went to the E.R. with a severe case of food poisoning, after hours of fluids, IVs, various drugs, they were able to get it to stop. I filled my prescription for bentyl the next day, 20mg two times a day. After about 45 minutes I started getting bad cramps and the worse diarrhea ever. I do not recommend this to anyone."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Within 3 hours of taking this medicine I had hallucinations and state of mania. Fainted hit my head on the floor. No recollection of events for two days The side effects outweigh what this drugs fixes. I do not recommend this drug to anyone"

Horrible Medicine April 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been dealing with IBS-C for the past two years now. The Bentyl has decreased my bouts with IBS-C considerably. I still get the bouts, but they don't last as long nor do they get as severe. I used to have bouts that lasted days and were so painful I just laid in bed all day. But now I need to find another secondary drug that will also help get rid of this forever!"

cb76taurusTX (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I've struggled with undiagnosed IBS for years now..just a few days ago at a doctor appointment, I finally brought up the courage to talk to my doctor about my digestive issues. Sure enough, he diagnosed me with IBS. He prescribed me Bentyl, and this medicine has been a huge lifesaver. It calms my stomach down to the point, where I don't have to worry about locating a nearby bathroom in a public area. Bentyl truly has helped improve my life for the better"

Anonymous March 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have been taking bentyl for a month ..what a god send I take 10 mg two times daily. I have had no issues it stopped the cramps, stools are still irregular sometimes diarrhea I am new to IBS...going to talk to my Dr about what trigger foods cause it start"

connie22 March 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "I have Crohn's Disease and had been taking balsalazide. However, I was still getting terrible cramps and bloating. I hated eating because it led to me looking like I was 6 months pregnant and being in crippling pain. My GI prescribed me dicyclomine in addition to my other treatments, and it has worked wonders! I can eat and not even think about it afterwards!!! No bloating, no pain! This must be what it feels like to be normal."

Amberbamber13 March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "This medication has been huge for me, I don't run to the restroom as often, my pain is way better, the only side effects I have are dry mouth, loss of appetite and blurry vision,"

Happymrs2016 February 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Bentyl (dicyclomine) for Irritable Bowel Syndrome: "Been on meds 48 hours and still have pain. It controls spasms a little but my heartburn is out of control. Librax took care of all my symptoms but doc switched me to benzyl BC librax is addictive. I can't believe I'm back to severe pain. What meds works like librax? Exhausted from severe pain."

Dddddddddd February 12, 2017