User Reviews for Valium

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Valium.

Alcohol Withdrawal

Tetanus

1 review 18 medications
Summary of Valium reviews 8.7 210 reviews

Reviews for Valium

For Anxiety "This drug helps at first but it's hell in the end! NEVER take Benzos!"

Ihatebenzos (taken for less than 1 month) January 15, 2018

For Night Terrors "This was for my Heroin Addiction, insomnia, night terrors. It helped me with sleeping, eating, irritability and the major Depression."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 2, 2018

For Anxiety "Having anxiety my whole life I never sought help and always hid it. Eventually it led to depression which I covered up too. The final nail in my coffin was when I acquired a parasitic infection in my gut l. The infection left me with permanent irritable bowel syndrome which I suffer from every day. For a year straight I seen numerous nerve pain experts and probably had 100 pill bottles in my drawer which nothing helped. My first psychiatrist started to prescribe medicines I already tried which I denied then asked for 5mg valium. Miracle drug that took all pain away, physical and mental. After 2 years decided to stop which was a devil's ride to hell. Miracle drug with insane withdrawal when stopped even tapering. Back to being miserable now."

Anxietysux (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 7, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I have CP on my right side and down my back along with scoliosis and a bad pars defect for the pain and spasms I take methadone and diclofenac for the pain lyrica for the neuropathy and Valium soma and cannabis for the spasms. I’ve been on the Valium the longest. It’s a double edge sword in that I use it for anxiety and spasms. Before it I was on all the other standard benzodiazepines. Pound for pound it is the safest benzo to be on. It lasts the longest in ur system and self tapers meaning that withdrawal from it are easier than say Xanax or klonipin. I’ve been on Valium for almost 10 years and it has helped tremendously. With it I can get out of bed every day and have quality of life. Recently I switched from generic to name brand"

Kaiser soze (taken for 10 years or more) December 3, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I was put on Valium 5 mg. ( generic Diazepam) twice daily for 2 reasons. Severe muscle spasms, and anxiety. It works well for sleeping, and I do not wake up feeling hung over like I was on Robaxin. I am a Nurse's Aide and Valium can be highly addictive, so I only take it as needed when spasms and anxiety are bad."

Montysd (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2017

For Meniere's Disease "I've had Severe Vertigo for 3.5 Months, I'm in a nursing home that does not believe some of the best Doctors at Yale so I Had 7 days of Relief!!!! A Neurology appointment at Hospital is in Mar. 2018, I will have Vertigo for close to 7 Months, Yes I will be suing the Nursing Home, because Yale will prescribe Valium again, and the rest home WILL NOT GIVE IT!!! PS, I'm also a Licenced Private Pilot and Vertigo was a Prime study section to Obtain your Private Pilot Certificate, Thanks, Jack"

Jack C. (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2017

For Anxiety "I was on diazepam for about a year and then my pcp decided that I should try valium. I was on diazepam for over five years and I was leading a productive life. No anxiety, no panic attacks, I slept just fine taking 5mg. 3 times a day. I had a failed knee surgery and lower back problems and the valium helped with it all. Than in August of 17, a girlfriend of mine told me about a pain management clinic that she goes to. I checked it out. The doctor said before we start sticking needles or anything else, we have to start weaning you off the valium. I looked at him with the what are you talking about look. That was the end of Aug..First cut 9mg. Over the next two weeks the real world disappeared. I had sensitivities that I didn't know existed."

Bear135 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 19, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "I take 5mg as needed at bedtime. I have severe muscle spasms, shoulder, and neck pain. I use aleve, advil, and diclofenac and still have pain. I was waking up with terrible tension headaches before using this. I only take it when I feel the tension at night. Regarding other comments on addiction - I have taken benzos for YEARS (on/off and never daily) and I have never become addicted. If taken only as needed, it's a great drug."

SunflowerRN (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

For Anxiety "My blood pressure was 270/120 and had to work through many drugs before this one lowered my anxiety and blood pressure. At 20 mg a day usually take all at night time for sleep to. Side effects sometimes headache. Strong addiction and should be weaned off it slowly or your head will hurt non stop for a month. A nightmare to stop cold. It lasts eight times longer than Xanax or Klonopin they are two brothers not to mess with. At first you may have the sedated effect before you become more resistant to the drug. Where you get the drug also makes a difference. Some stores give the yellow tablet which melts in mouth as clean as water. Other stores have an orange tablet that tastes like paper. Walmart has the good one and some grocery but not CVS."

Brian H.H. September 10, 2017

For Anxiety "Was previously on lorazapam and switched to Valium in February. Since then I never felt relief and suffered every day from anxiety. It didn't matter if I took 2mg or 12mg I didn't feel better and in fact I felt more anxiety. A week ago I decided to stop it cold turkey and every day since I have felt 90% better. I'm going through some withdrawal like tinnitus and night time sweats but I wake up better and have been feeling happiness. I strongly recommend staying off any benzodiazepine and if you are going to take it, only for bad panic attacks. Never take them daily as they are very addictive and quite difficult to get off of. They say that benzos are more difficult to get off of than heroin. Try Gabapentin for anxiety."

PM17 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2017

For Anxiety "I have suffered with anxiety and severe panic attacks for many years. It is a GODSEND. Initially anyway. I have noticed over the years I've had to increase the dose I take (which I've never taken daily). 5mg of diazepam (Valium) never did much for me. But 7.5mg used to have a perfect effect. These days I need 15mg for that same affect. Its a shame. And I thought I wasn't abusing it because I didn't take it daily. (Generally 2 or 3 times a week, depending how I felt). I'm still giving it a high rating for the many times its helped me. But even taking it as PRN has eventually caught up on me. If I don't take it for several days I start feeling sick. Devastated to lose a medication that can work so well."

PatchRight (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 2, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "You know perfectly well this drug is HELL and the withdrawal of it is obscene if you even make it. How DARE Doctors not let patients know this up front. It is criminal. For years this withdrawal issue has been known and HIDDEN from patients and even doctors. It has ruined my life and many others. MILLIONS of others. SPEAK UP."

maryjuneopper August 4, 2017

For Anxiety "I used to be on Klonopin for years and I think it helped but I'm not sure since I was also on Paxil. It came to a point where neither were working for me even at higher dosages so I started taking Ativan. This really helped my anxiety but it would come back every morning. Eventually I hit tolerance and had to increase it. Eventually I hit tolerance again and I found myself feeling more anxious than ever. I decided it was time to get off. The doctor put me on Valium because it's easier to taper off than any other benzo. He suggested I could take anywhere from 4mg to 10mg per day. I slowly tapered down to 1.5mg but I was miserable. I reinstated and went back up to 6mg and have also tried 10mg and it has never worked for me. Stay away from it"

PaulMartin16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2017

For Anxiety "I take Valium 2mg PRN for panic attacks. I was nervous about using it. I also had this warped idea that I would be labeled a pill head for taking a drug like Valium. I can honestly say that Valium is a life saver. The first time I took it all I could think about was how I regretted not taking it sooner. I can actually live my life now. You have to be careful though. It is very easy to build a tolerance to it. Use the lowest amount you need, because You would be surprised how much of a difference 1 mg will make. I have been trying to use it as a tool rather than a crutch. I also have ADD and Valium helps me fall asleep at night when I feel restless"

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa May 20, 2017

For Anxiety "I have bipolar 2, generalized anxiety disorder and suffer panic attacks. I am given Valium 5mg to take 'when needed'. While I feel it works well on generalized (mild to moderate) anxiety, it's not the most effective medication to take to during acute episodes like in a panic attack. I feel the 5mg isn't enough. Also if you take it even every few days, it pretty quickly becomes less effective meaning you may have to increase the dose. I now take 10mg as needed. It's very helpful, and I find it to be very effective, but perhaps not strong enough during acute panic attacks, but in general this medication is a blessing."

Kieran P May 12, 2017

For Anxiety "Suffering 16 years ago from PTSD after being told in hospital that I only had 30 mins before I would die, I was a wreck when I came home and lived in fear and terror, shortness of breath, uncontrollable shaking, extreme nausea, body aching all over, doctor and specialist visits - had every test known to the medical world, all came back normal. Finally a friend suggested I try Zoloft and after a week I felt myself starting to feel normal again and after six months I gave it up, but since then I periodically have PTSD symptoms and 5mg of Valium (don't buy generic diazepam) on those days has been my life saver. God bless you Pfizer Pharmaceuticals!"

Kathy Hillyer (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 24, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "My new GP has been recommending Valium for over a year for chronic mid-back/facet joint paint and intermittent neck pain (bad disks from C3-C5) and sciatica/torn labrum at right hip, but I resisted her recommendation. The chronic back pain flares every night, and often wakes me up and forces me out of bed. It takes several hours for the pain to recede every morning, which is demoralizing. Three nights ago I started taking 5 mg of valium at bedtime, and each morning I've awakened with less and less pain so that I'm hardly taking any pain medication during the day. Fingers crossed that I can continue to take this dose at bedtime - the other testimonials on this website are giving me hope that this might be the case!! Hallelujah!"

CA Mom April 4, 2017

For Anxiety "I try not to use them often, I usually just try to put up with my anxiety because I don't want to go on antidepressants as none of them have worked for my anxiety and made my mood worse. So I find Valium when I really need it fantastic, it is quick and no side effects for me. It's a pity the doctors don't like prescribing it, people who abuse it make it hard for someone like me who really needs it in times of severe anxiety."

krissy74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder "TMJ causes me to wake up w/ a headache every single morning from grinding my teeth. My primary care had prescribed Ambien because of my sleep issues (inability to get to sleep, tinnitus) but when I began treatment for TMJ I was told that Ambien promotes bruxism (grinding the teeth and clenching the jaw). At least I'm sleeping. So my TMJ Dr prescribed valium to help me get to sleep and keep me from grinding (hopefully during the night). I have never had much luck w/ low doses of valium...given for MRI's, etc....to get me to the point of relaxation I have to take more than I am comfortable w/ due to the possibility of addiction....but what do you do? I feel damned if I do and damned if I don't. I still wake up w/ a headache though not as severe and not every day, just most days."

3poodles March 29, 2017

For Light Sedation "Take 2mg at night to help get to sleep. Works well but leaves me with a "hangover" for a few hours every morning."

PeterB10 March 28, 2017

For Temporomandibular Joint Disorder "I have very serious flare ups of TMJD from time to time. I was originally diagnosed years ago when it was chronic. These days when I wake up with a really bad flare up I can't even close my jaw the muscles are so inflamed. I cannot get my teeth to meet up on that side it's so bad. A small amount of Valium (2.5mg) combined with 20 min of jaw relaxation exercises and positioning exercises help with the pain.... like really help a lot. I still won't be able to close my jaw for a day or two but the pain reduces significantly. A word of warning, use Valium only when absolutely needed and I've found that less is more. Taking it daily or in higher doses and you will lose its value due to tolerance. It's a tool in the toolbox not a magic fix."

JustMeOfMe March 5, 2017

For Muscle Spasm "Silver bullet for lumbar muscular spasm. 5mg at bedtime."

Jésus im Edimbourgo March 2, 2017

For Anxiety "Excellent for obsessive thinking"

Lucy goosy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 22, 2017

For Anxiety "I've suffered social anxiety for years and just battled on. Then someone smashed into my car from behind while in traffic and I started having awful panic attacks. I didn't really know what they were at first but I was struggling badly. Eventually things calmed down but a hugely stressful life situation caused the attacks to flair up again. I finally sought help and was prescribed 2mg diazepam, 1 - 2 Tabs for an attack. I will barely take a headache tablet I was extremely worried about using Valium. But it's absolutely amazing. Use it with caution, take as little as possible and stop and see what happens. I can take half a tablet (1mg) to completely stop panic episodes that have built up over time. Be careful and it will serve you well."

Wu2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

For Anxiety "I was suicidal aged 25. Anxiety and Depression. Diazepam saved my life. I started on 5mg 3 Times a day for a week cut down to 2 for a week then one at night under doctors orders. Also one Prozac in the mornings 20 mg. I felt better straight away. Don't let anyone scare you from taking Diazepam, yes they are addictive BUT my quality of life since taking it has been as a (normal) person. I really can't praise it enough as I know I wouldn't be here and living a good life without it. If the tablets help then why not take them. Thanks for reading."

Wot sit January 17, 2017