User Reviews for Dextromethorphan systemic (Page 8)

Also known as: 12 Hour Cough Relief, Babee Cof, Balminil DM, Benadryl for the Family Dry Forte, Benylin DM, Bisolvon Dry, Bisolvon Dry Junior, Buckley's DM, Buckley's Mixture Cough Suppressant, Buckleys Mixture, Calmylin, Contac Cough, Cough Syrup DM, Covonia Bronchial Balsam, Creomulsion, Creomulsion Children, Delsym, Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief, Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief for Children & Adults, Delsym Children's 12-Hour Cough Relief, DexAlone, Dexi-Tuss, Dextromethorphan HBr Adult Formula, Dristan DM, Dry Cough, Duract Max Strength Cough, ElixSure Cough, Hold, Hold DM, Jack & Jill Thin Strips Cough, Lloydspharmacy Dry Adult Cough, Neocitran Thin Strips Cough, Novahistine DM, Nucosef DM, Pedia Relief, PediaCare Children's Long-Acting Cough, Pertussin CS Childrens, Pertussin DM, Pertussin ES, Robafen Cough Liquidgels, Robafen Pediatric Cough & Cold, Robitussin 12-Hour Cough Relief, Robitussin Children's Cough Long-Acting, Robitussin Cough Long-Acting, Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting, Scot-Tussin Diabetes, Scot-Tussin DM Cough Chasers, Silphen DM, St. Joseph Cough Suppressant, Strepsils Cough, Strepsils Cough Relief, Sucrets Cough, Theraflu Thin Strips Cough, Triaminic Long Acting Cough, Triaminic Thin Strips Cough, Triaminic Thin Strips Long Acting Cough, Tussin Cough Gels (Long Acting), Tussin Pediatric, Tussinol for Dry Coughs, Vicks Dayquil Cough, Vicks Formula 44, Vicks Formula 44 Custom Care Dry Cough Suppressant, Vicks Nature Fusion Cough …show all brand names

Cough
3.9

Summary of Dextromethorphan reviews 4.0 230 reviews

Reviews for Dextromethorphan

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "My six year old daughter is an asthmatic and the coughing she does while having a cold/flu tend to trigger it. I wanted to try a cough medicine just for bedtime to help her sleep comfortably without coughing spells. Sure enough Delsym did the trick! I had tried Mucinex and several others for children but felt they only made it worse. Within 35 min. The couching had stopped. I give Delsym an 8 out of 10 because it doesn't last the full 12 hours but close to it. My daughter had no side effects as far as bowel movements, gas, or hives. Just a cured cough"

Melly2437 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 17, 2015

For Cough: "Minimized coughing which allowed me to sleep but did not stop cough. Also, diarrhea multiple times . Not feeling great"

naural remedy next time (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "This medicine is amazing and works better than anything else I tried. It has been a week that I've been sick and can't breath, shortness of breath. I take this and feel all better."

sammijane December 13, 2015

For Cough: "I went to my dr yesterday n was diagnosed with severe bronchitis and was told this was a good med to take to alleviate my 'tight' breathing and coughing. My Dr suggested it for night time use. I took the recommended dose and it did great with the cough. However, I woke up a few hours later and felt my insides shaking like mad, having horrible stomach cramps like I was going to have diarrhea, it never really 'came about' but when I got up in the middle of the nite I hit a wall I was so dizzy. Never again. I get better results from other much cheaper products. So wanted to love this. I am a pharm tech and I have seen many people buy it. I thought I was just sensitive to the med because I am sensitive to meds sometimes."

Mama2boys December 8, 2015

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I had a very dry cough & onset of dry, wheezing chest congestion. I took a capful and the cough stopped within minutes, the congestion loosened in the nose & lungs over the next 2-3 hrs. I was able to sleep and am no longer constipated. 9/10 Stars"

AKElias December 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I took this well over an hour ago. My cough has not stopped, if anything, it almost feels like the Delsym made it worse."

LaurenELewis December 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "works great most of the time, only thing i can say is that it doesn't necessarily work for 12 hours but still gets the job done for half that time at least. Usually dims the coughing but doesnt stop it, buy cold medicine to treat the cold"

xlcashmoneylx (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I had purchased Delsym nighttime night strength for a cold the first night it worked great the second night I got the worst pain in my upper abs, than came nausea , followed by actually throwing up and a small bout of diarrhea. I am not sure if it was the lack of food contents in my stomach or what but it was a horrible experience"

Connie329 November 10, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Gave this to my kids and they were up with diarrhea all night. Lots of gas on the stomach, with cramping as well."

Gaby123456 (taken for less than 1 month) November 9, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Been using this for about 7-8 years now. Unlike the sugar laced alcohol that is in most cough syrup, this stuff is the best. Takes about 45 min before it starts working, but after that, no more cough. In regards to diarrhea, no one in my family has had the experience described by some (or the same person posting over and over)"

daxg (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 5, 2015

For Cough: "The diarrhea out ways any of the benefits to this medication. Horrible, just horrible."

Srw247 October 29, 2015

Delsym 12 Hour Cough Relief (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I have a chronic cough for 2 months from allergies that turned to a bronchitis/asthma thing. On other inhalers and allergy medicines and took Delsym, because the cough wouldn't stop. Soothed the cough a little so I could get some phlegm out. Thinking next dose would do the trick, but 8 hours after the first dose I had bad gassy poops! Don't think I will take the second dose"

Get me the GasX September 14, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Took Delsym to quiet my cough so I could sleep. Ended up staying awake all night due to nausea and diarrhea. Needless to say I would definitely NOT recommend and will never take this medicine again!"

ADHi1 September 9, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Gave this high priced, 12 hour cough "suppressant" in the kiddie version, to my 6 year old. The only thing it suppressed, was his ability to sleep. Worse product I've ever purchased for him."

Mommy H September 7, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Effective at stopping cough - gave me diarrhea."

melaniemelanie September 6, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Stopped the cough, but jump started my bowels. Took it before bed and spent the morning on the toilet. All I had before was a cough, now I can't leave the house. Wish I could charge them for a sick day. On the upside: I'm just one dose of Delsym from my goal weight!"

Rizzledizzle (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2015

For Cough: "Worthless drug, did not help at all."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2015

For Cough: "It stop my cough but end up with loose motion."

Poipoi August 4, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Did not help cough, have me diahreea, and made me feel loopy."

Es1234 June 18, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Was a minor help with my cough. Was a major help in giving me diarrhea. Needless to say, I would not recommend it."

Anonymous June 3, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped limitedly for cough, but lead to severe diarrhea.....will not take again."

Anonymous May 30, 2015

Robitussin CoughGels Long-Acting (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Every time there's a virus or allergies in the air due to having asthma I usually end up catching bronchitis from it and these by far are the only thing that really helps the coughing. Not to mention I've tried A LOT of other cough suppressants even prescriptions and these truly do help better than any I've found! I would definitely recommend trying them!"

Sally7695 (taken for less than 1 month) April 19, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "Helped a lot with the cough. if you take it without food it does give you that 'out of it' feeling. The downside was that it gave me terrible, super watery diarrhea."

w710 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "I was traveling and started having dry, allergy-related cough. Trying to suppress it long enough to give a presentation and Delsym worked perfectly. But as others noted, started to have diarrhea. I didn't connect it right away to Delsym, because when traveling everything is disrupted. Now home, everything had mostly cleared up and took the last dose last night, and sure enough diarrhea back today. I take no other meds."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Delsym (dextromethorphan) for Cough: "It definitely helps my cough. But it makes me so dizzy, I feel like my surroundings are going by at 100mph when I walk. I would NOT drive after taking it. I also feel a little "out of it", but that could just be having a sinus infection. I didn't have a problem with diarrhea like some people have mentioned."

aaaubreyyy April 9, 2015