User Reviews for Pristiq (Page 9)

Learn more about Pristiq.

Pristiq Rating Summary

7.3/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 222 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Pristiq to treat Depression

"I was on Celexa for a year and a half due to post partum. I slowly weened off it and was off for 6 months before the depression came back. I was then put on Pristiq. Big mistake. After 4 days, my pupils were dilated and I had sweats daily. I ended up being admitted to emergency and they said I had serotonin syndrome. Too much for me. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2012

"Pristiq has been the first and only anti-depressant I've taken, so I didn't know what to expect. What I got from the daily pill was an aid, it was like having crutches; it just helped me do what I needed to do. The first week I felt different, along with the slight nausea in the morning (I took it at night after dinner), and yawning which was only slightly annoying. Overall it was a 100% experience."

Maddey (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2012

"It has changed my life"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2012

"I have tried them all. Did not like the side effects from basically all of them. Pristiq is different. The the side effects seem almost the same but different in a few ways. I love sex. Taking Pristiq has the same results as the other medicines with one exception. Stop taking for a day and you are back in business. The other medicines would take much longer to get out of your system. "

bnanbn (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2012

"I've been on 50mg for about 3 months now. Practically no side effects to begin with and immediate relief of anxiety. A litlle too sleepy to begin with. Today I am feeling optimistic, less negative thinking and overall a lot better. With time the sexual side effects have turned stronger - I basically have very little sex drive and cannot orgasm. Occasionally I have very mild anxiety as I have stayed on 50mg despite the doctor having told me to increase the dosage. But the overall result is very positive and I will only change it if the sexual issues become too uncomfortable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 6, 2012

"I've been on Pristiq now for 4 months and it has changed my life for the better. Pristiq needs time to work though. During the first few weeks I had no desire to eat anything. Then after the 3rd week I got my appetite back. I've went from 150 pounds 3 months ago to 170 today. Back to where I was. I've gotten energy back whilst on Pristiq and my desire to do things has returned. To those who are optimistic about Pristiq I recommend that you give it a chance."

Anonymous July 30, 2012

"I'm 29, female, was on Celexa before. On 50mg of medicine for past 2 weeks. Killed my sex drive stone cold-just gone! Palpitations like crazy. Extreme nausea and dizziness. Sweating through my clothes...under arms, chest, back, groin, everywhere! My whole body is very tense and my TMJ is flaring like crazy. Feel like a sweaty zombie with palpitations and zero sex drive. Trying to stick with it. "

SweatyZombi (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2012

"Pristiq has been the best depression medication that I have tried even though it is supposed to have adverse side effects with other medications I am currently taking. I like it so much that I am reluctant to try something else since no other anti-depressant has been as effective."

sallykt (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 21, 2012

"Been taking 100mg for around 6 months now for Depression and Anxiety. I felt an almost immediate effect from Pristiq, did have trouble getting to sleep for the first 10 or so days and felt weird and spaced out a bit but nothing bad. I now feel great, I have a clear head and great concentration. I'm a lot more social too. I'm much more relaxed and look at life in a positive way. Stick with it, its the best medicine I have used by far."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 11, 2012

"Although this medication is costly. I love it, I have energy, I'm happy and not depressed. Before taking this I tried other medication nothing worked. I feel alive, before I couldn't get out of bed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2012

"I had been on Lexapro for over a year and it was working great with the exception of having zero libido. With my relationship at stake I decided to try Pristiq. After about a week I realized that I was back to my old irritable, pre-medicated self. I have been crying at the drop of a hat, snapping on loved ones, and I have been nauseous almost everyday. Not to mention I went from 125 pounds to 137 pounds in a month. I talked to my doctor today and she suggested trying Viibryd."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2012

"I don't advise anybody to go off the medicine as dramatic as I have, but I do hope the best for everyone. Just pray if it helps and always know your purpose in life is to find happiness."

wombatbaby June 4, 2012

"I have taken Pristiq for 2 weeks and it is starting to help my mood and energy level. I am so happy as this gives me hope that I can get back to normal."

Sara36 (taken for less than 1 month) May 25, 2012

"For all of those who are hesitant to start... don't be. After only one day on Pristiq I became aware of how imbalanced my brain was and how totally irrational my thoughts were. I know it's hard to admit that you need it, but there is no need to suffer so much. I had almost no side effects (it is day 4 now) and I feel much more confident and calm, no more compulsive crying and victimization. They say it gets better after 3 weeks, if that's the case and I already feel great, I can't wait!"

catotamartins (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2012

"I was on my 4th try on a antidepressant and was feeling very discouraged. I had many side effects from the other medicines such as sleepiness, headaches, overeating, agitation, and crying spells. My therapist gave me Pristiq. I read about the side effects and was not looking forward to headaches. I took it and had no side effects. On my second day I was doing a lot more things and felt a lot better. Thank God!"

On the right path (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2012

"Munik....thank you so much for your review. I was telling a friend that I was feeling anxious and irritable today and wasn't sure if my new medication (Pristiq) was for me. It's been 2 weeks and thanks to your words of encouragement I'm hanging in there. I must say I have noticed a decrease in my appetite which is much needed and have felt like exercising for the first time in years."

Bren112160 (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2012

"I'm am so pleased that I asked my Doctor to put me on Pristiq. I feel like I am living my life again. I was in a very dark place before and I have seen the light."

nanny563 (taken for less than 1 month) May 2, 2012

"I have suffered with severe depression for at least 25 years. I wasn't willing to admit that I needed help...just kept trying to power through it. The past year has been a nightmare. I went to a family doctor and was prescribed Wellbutrin. Felt like I was on the verge of becoming psychotic within 1 week. I stopped taking the medicine and just gutted it out. Barely hanging on. Barely surviving. My wife convinced me to go to a psychiatrist and I was prescribed Pristiq. Following my first dose, my life has changed! I never knew how bad off I was until I started taking Pristiq. Before I was SUFFERING everyday of my life. I now feel hope. I now feel confident. I now want to do things with my family. I now have renewed interest in my job. Pristiq has changed my life. I can't believe it. I am so thankful that I have this medicine. I'm kicking myself for not getting help sooner."

Anonymous April 24, 2012

"I have been taking Pristiq for a little over a year now, and I am very happy with it. I am 32 and have been on antidepressants since I was 17. Zoloft worked well for me for many years, then I spent quite a few more years trying different things until I tried Pristiq. I don't remember how long it took to start working, and I haven't had any miraculous weight loss, but I feel like a stable, happy, normal person on it, and that is enough for me. The one warning I will add, if I miss even a day or two I have SERIOUS withdrawals. Depression, obsessing, lots of crying and just generally coming unglued about anything and everything. This is not how I feel or act when I am not on medication, it is definitely a withdrawal, so take with care."

Anonymous April 19, 2012

"I also want to say I have been taking it for 3 yrs... And it did help with my depression but my sex life was terrible and trying to get off of it has given worst withdrawals ever... But I really think this medicine affects every person differently."

Sgiber5 April 19, 2012

"Not as much mood elevation as I'd hoped for, but significant reduction of negative symptoms. No road rage, more patience and tolerance of difficult/unpleasant, but necessary tasks."

pjsurratt April 19, 2012

"This med gave me agitation, muscles cramps, fear, insomnia all these after 3 days."

mimis2 April 18, 2012

"I have suffered from recurrent depression for many years and I can truly say that this is the best medication I have taken so far. I started taking it early in the morning and it worked the same day. It was a 360 degree change on me. It put my serotonin and norepinephrine levels back where they belong. Never had any side effects. I feel like myself again. "

Anonymous April 18, 2012

"Pristiq is the most effective antidepressant I have taken in more than 25 years of treatment. I feel energetic and am untroubled by side effects."

Lorrainecarole April 17, 2012

"This drug has been a miracle for me. I take it with Abilify (5 mgs) - and it has been a God-send. I was on a triple combination of Cymbalta, Welbutrin and Abilify and still did not feel well. Pristiq has helped me tremendously from within a week of onset. I have struggled with depression since 1991 - and have been on a variety of "cocktails" but this one is working the best so far. I still struggle with sleep and anxiety - as I have problems with Doctors treating my anxiety disorder as it should be. Interesting that physicians will treat some things an not others. My only complaint is lacking in sleep - other wise I would recommend this medicine to anyone struggling with depression."

gbabygirl April 10, 2012