User Reviews for Apri (Page 14)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 353 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different birth control pills. I started with Tri-Cyclen Lo which didn't work because I had breakthrough bleeding. Same thing happened with the Tri-Cyclen. I've been using Apri for six months now and at first it was good but now I have a really heavy periods and breakthrough bleeding. I want to switch to a different birth control but I don't know what would be the best choice."

irenajevremova August 26, 2010

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri about 7 months ago. My breats got noticeably larger within the first few weeks and I gained about 10 pounds, but I'm a thin girl anyway so I gladly take on the extra few pounds and curves. I got prescribed this birth control because of my ovarian cysts and since I have not had any problems with them. They've been unnoticeable and my cramps don't even exist anymore. I love Apri and it's affordable. Just what I need in this economic clash."

Anonymous August 25, 2010

For Birth Control "I was switched from Marvelon to Apri about a year ago. I lost 15 pounds after switching and after about one month of breaking out, I was back to clear skin again. However, I have noticed a dramatic increase in mood swings with Apri. I constantly find myself crying over the most insignificant things and am unable to control my emotions. I'm worried it is starting to affect my relationship with my boyfriend and with others. I'm thinking of seeing a doctor and perhaps switching to a different pill...seems like its going to be difficult to find one that keeps my weight, skin, and emotions in check!"

Anonymous August 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri since December 2008 when my daughter was 6 weeks old. At 1st I loved this pill. My periods came on time, weren't painful at all, really light and lasted 2-3 days. In the last year or so, my period has become very heavy, lasting 4-5 days with cramping for at least 4 days. I am miserable! After I had my daughter I had lost 50 lbs, but I have gained that and probably plus some back. I have NO sex drive what so ever, which is affecting my relationship with my almost husband (in 5 weeks!) I go to my Doctor next week to see about switching to a non hormonal IUD. I have seen successful stories with Apri, but I don't think this pill is for everyone."

Anonymous August 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I just started and this is giving me bad acne and making me extremely tired."

Anonymous August 2, 2010

For Birth Control "I started originally on Tri-Sprintec for about 3 months, which I believe is the generic of Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I was an emotional wreck, so my doctor switched me to Apri. I had absolutely NO symptoms whatsoever. I actually lost weight! Didn't increase my bra size, which could have been from the losing weight part. My acne cleared up within 2 months of starting Apri. It made my period so regular that I knew to the day down to the hour that I would start my period, with absolutely no spotting in between periods. I didn't really notice any changes in my sex drive. Overall, I would strongly recommend this pill!"

Anonymous July 11, 2010

For Birth Control "My doctor switched me from Marvelon to Apri about 7 months ago. I suddenly started gaining weight, no change in diet and probably more exercise. It has made my periods fairly regular but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight because it is affecting my overall health. I am considering getting off Apri and choosing a different pill."

dms22 July 8, 2010

For Birth Control "Been taking Apri for about 2 1/2 months and I've gained about 10lbs, my sex drive is extremely low and I'm really moody for no apparent reason. It's really interfering with my relationship. I also have been having chest pains and I feel a heaviness in my chest when I wake up. When my period came on after the first month I had really bad cramps. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because I have an irregular period and it came on time while taking Apri."

Anonymous June 30, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for 3 months, my periods are regular but I get horrible cramps, backaches and bloating. My weight stayed the same and my acne cleared up though."

Anonymous June 20, 2010

For Birth Control "I give it a 7, then again it's only my first month - haven't even gotten to the period part yet. I was taking Loestrin 24 Fe for a few months to regulate my horrible periods (and now as a contraceptive) but it cost $30 so my doctor switched me to this (only $10). I do have bigger boobs, get super hungry (not just normal hunger) but haven't gained weight. Vomited for no reason one morning, and I'll occasionally start sobbing for no reason. Unfortunately, I lost my pack yesterday and had 3 more active pills left before the sugar pill week...so we'll see how that goes. Overall, a pretty dependable pill."

Averee June 19, 2010

For Birth Control "Noticeably increased my bra size and cleared up my acne"

Anonymous June 11, 2010

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This might sound weird, but apparently this isn't uncommon for this specific birth control. I have been on it for about 72 hours. Have gained 4 lbs (which is good because I'm 30 lbs underweight) and have almost increased a full cup size with my breasts. I had horrible period problems. when I got the Apri a few days ago I was going on a 3.5 week period. After about 3 hours since taking my first pill, the period fully stopped. Very big fan of Apri!"

lilmamaX3 June 9, 2010

For Birth Control "I switched over from Yaz to Apri and am on my 4th month. I was originally on Ocella which made me gain 20+ pounds. Yaz was awesome, but I lost insurance and the clinic didn't carry it so they put me on Apri. So far I haven't gained weight, my periods are regular, but I have had an EXTREME decrease in sex drive, enough to affect my relationship."

Anonymous May 20, 2010

For Birth Control "First time on birth control and was nervous that I'd have the horrible side effects that I've heard about online and through friends. Went on Apri and have never had ANY side effects (nausea, weight gain, etc.). I think that the horror stories you hear are the exception, not the rule. My Dr. said that she's prescribed Apri for first time birth control users for years and has never had any complaints about it. Got it for $15/month at first and am now paying $25 through WalMart. Other than the disappointment in price increase, I think that I will be taking Apri for a long time."

Anonymous April 19, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri birth control for 3 years now. I give it a 3 for the fact that it in fact helped me to get and regulate my period, at the very late age of 22. And that I am not pregnant. But I have worse acne now than I did when I was 13. I have gained a lot of weight on my hips and stomach. I have the worst mood swings and my sex drive is completely gone. It has caused a lot of problems in my relationship since I started taking it."

Anonymous April 4, 2010

For Birth Control "I been on Apri for 3 weeks now and I feel that I been eating a lot. It is non-stop eating, all day long. Am always hungry and I haven't checked my weight. I been on 3 different birth control pills in less than 3 months and I think that Apri is alright so far. No mood swings, some acne though. I was nauseous on the very first day I took the pill and I am still sensitive to smells. It made my period lighter and shorter so far."

Anonymous March 30, 2010

For Birth Control "I was previously on Yaz both for birth control and to reduce my mild acne. I am normally a very happy optimistic person, yet this pill made me depressed and very moody. I switched to Apri, it's been 4 months, and I love it. I am not moody at all, and haven't gained any weight."

Linzf March 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I am on my fourth month of Apri and me and my boyfriend have never had protected sex and I have not gotten pregnant. The downfalls to Apri is that I have crazy mood swings and it's taking a big toll on our relationship. We fight constantly and I have horrible mood swings, and I always have nausea."

sam16 March 1, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been using Apri for 5 months, and having had any weight gain and no decrease in sex drive. I have, however, experienced harsh emotional side-effects. During the week of my period - as soon as I hit the 22 day - I am just ridiculously emotional. I am irrational and will cry at the drop of a hat. I'm worried about this having put me into a state of depression and am going to speak with my doctor soon about it. This puts my boyfriend in a bad position because he never knows what to do and feels bad but gets frustrated with my being so irrational. I'd be cautious taking it if you have ever had any experience with depression, cutting, etc."

jabk February 17, 2010

For Endometriosis "I have been taking Apri since April 09. I have endometriosis and was told to either do hormone therapy or go on a different birth control, so I chose the birth control. My periods used to be unbearable but since starting this pill my cramps are actually bearable and much lighter! The only downfall is the first 2 weeks of the active pills I have noticed I am terribly moody, and will cry over anything, which isn't the way I've ever been!"

Anonymous February 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I love Apri. I tried another birth control, and it made me so depressed, but on Apri I feel just fine. The only problem is that in 18 months on the pill I have gained about 20 pounds, with very little change in my diet and exercise. It is SO HARD to lose weight on Apri."

usedtobeaskinnyvirgin February 2, 2010

For Birth Control "This is my 1st month taking the pill. I don't know why people are saying that their sex drive is gone. It has not affected me that way at all. The only problem for me is that it makes me have more discharge. After researching, the pill does this to make it harder for sperm to reach the uterus which is fine by me! I have cramps for about 2 days, and my periods are short. No weight gain at all, no bigger boobs either but it beats having babies! I also used to feel sick but I don't know if it's because of the pill."

Anonymous January 18, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on many birth controls before, but Apri is the most dependable. The only downfall is major mood swings and weight gain. Other than that, it's a great form of birth control for the price."

Anonymous January 1, 2010

For Birth Control "This pill hasn't worked out for me. I started gaining weight almost immediately and suffered through some pretty wild mood swings. Now that I've switched back to Marvelon, my head feels much clearer and the weight is quickly coming off."

Anonymous December 22, 2009

For Birth Control "I've just started my second month on Apri and so far I am definitely not satisfied! I get extremely bad cramps, my hair is literally falling out, I have mood swings like crazy I've completely lost my appetite and somehow I've gained weight. However, my periods have started back up again (which is what I started them for). This is the only good thing I can say about Apri. I'm not sure that my side effects are worth it at all."

ljean092 December 19, 2009