User Reviews for Apri (Page 14)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 344 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I give it a 7, then again it's only my first month - haven't even gotten to the period part yet. I was taking Loestrin 24 Fe for a few months to regulate my horrible periods (and now as a contraceptive) but it cost $30 so my doctor switched me to this (only $10). I do have bigger boobs, get super hungry (not just normal hunger) but haven't gained weight. Vomited for no reason one morning, and I'll occasionally start sobbing for no reason. Unfortunately, I lost my pack yesterday and had 3 more active pills left before the sugar pill week...so we'll see how that goes. Overall, a pretty dependable pill."

Averee June 19, 2010

For Birth Control "Noticeably increased my bra size and cleared up my acne"

Anonymous June 11, 2010

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This might sound weird, but apparently this isn't uncommon for this specific birth control. I have been on it for about 72 hours. Have gained 4 lbs (which is good because I'm 30 lbs underweight) and have almost increased a full cup size with my breasts. I had horrible period problems. when I got the Apri a few days ago I was going on a 3.5 week period. After about 3 hours since taking my first pill, the period fully stopped. Very big fan of Apri!"

lilmamaX3 June 9, 2010

For Birth Control "I switched over from Yaz to Apri and am on my 4th month. I was originally on Ocella which made me gain 20+ pounds. Yaz was awesome, but I lost insurance and the clinic didn't carry it so they put me on Apri. So far I haven't gained weight, my periods are regular, but I have had an EXTREME decrease in sex drive, enough to affect my relationship."

Anonymous May 20, 2010

For Birth Control "First time on birth control and was nervous that I'd have the horrible side effects that I've heard about online and through friends. Went on Apri and have never had ANY side effects (nausea, weight gain, etc.). I think that the horror stories you hear are the exception, not the rule. My Dr. said that she's prescribed Apri for first time birth control users for years and has never had any complaints about it. Got it for $15/month at first and am now paying $25 through WalMart. Other than the disappointment in price increase, I think that I will be taking Apri for a long time."

Anonymous April 19, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri birth control for 3 years now. I give it a 3 for the fact that it in fact helped me to get and regulate my period, at the very late age of 22. And that I am not pregnant. But I have worse acne now than I did when I was 13. I have gained a lot of weight on my hips and stomach. I have the worst mood swings and my sex drive is completely gone. It has caused a lot of problems in my relationship since I started taking it."

Anonymous April 4, 2010

For Birth Control "I been on Apri for 3 weeks now and I feel that I been eating a lot. It is non-stop eating, all day long. Am always hungry and I haven't checked my weight. I been on 3 different birth control pills in less than 3 months and I think that Apri is alright so far. No mood swings, some acne though. I was nauseous on the very first day I took the pill and I am still sensitive to smells. It made my period lighter and shorter so far."

Anonymous March 30, 2010

For Birth Control "I was previously on Yaz both for birth control and to reduce my mild acne. I am normally a very happy optimistic person, yet this pill made me depressed and very moody. I switched to Apri, it's been 4 months, and I love it. I am not moody at all, and haven't gained any weight."

Linzf March 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I am on my fourth month of Apri and me and my boyfriend have never had protected sex and I have not gotten pregnant. The downfalls to Apri is that I have crazy mood swings and it's taking a big toll on our relationship. We fight constantly and I have horrible mood swings, and I always have nausea."

sam16 March 1, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been using Apri for 5 months, and having had any weight gain and no decrease in sex drive. I have, however, experienced harsh emotional side-effects. During the week of my period - as soon as I hit the 22 day - I am just ridiculously emotional. I am irrational and will cry at the drop of a hat. I'm worried about this having put me into a state of depression and am going to speak with my doctor soon about it. This puts my boyfriend in a bad position because he never knows what to do and feels bad but gets frustrated with my being so irrational. I'd be cautious taking it if you have ever had any experience with depression, cutting, etc."

jabk February 17, 2010

For Endometriosis "I have been taking Apri since April 09. I have endometriosis and was told to either do hormone therapy or go on a different birth control, so I chose the birth control. My periods used to be unbearable but since starting this pill my cramps are actually bearable and much lighter! The only downfall is the first 2 weeks of the active pills I have noticed I am terribly moody, and will cry over anything, which isn't the way I've ever been!"

Anonymous February 5, 2010

For Birth Control "I love Apri. I tried another birth control, and it made me so depressed, but on Apri I feel just fine. The only problem is that in 18 months on the pill I have gained about 20 pounds, with very little change in my diet and exercise. It is SO HARD to lose weight on Apri."

usedtobeaskinnyvirgin February 2, 2010

For Birth Control "This is my 1st month taking the pill. I don't know why people are saying that their sex drive is gone. It has not affected me that way at all. The only problem for me is that it makes me have more discharge. After researching, the pill does this to make it harder for sperm to reach the uterus which is fine by me! I have cramps for about 2 days, and my periods are short. No weight gain at all, no bigger boobs either but it beats having babies! I also used to feel sick but I don't know if it's because of the pill."

Anonymous January 18, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on many birth controls before, but Apri is the most dependable. The only downfall is major mood swings and weight gain. Other than that, it's a great form of birth control for the price."

Anonymous January 1, 2010

For Birth Control "This pill hasn't worked out for me. I started gaining weight almost immediately and suffered through some pretty wild mood swings. Now that I've switched back to Marvelon, my head feels much clearer and the weight is quickly coming off."

Anonymous December 22, 2009

For Birth Control "I've just started my second month on Apri and so far I am definitely not satisfied! I get extremely bad cramps, my hair is literally falling out, I have mood swings like crazy I've completely lost my appetite and somehow I've gained weight. However, my periods have started back up again (which is what I started them for). This is the only good thing I can say about Apri. I'm not sure that my side effects are worth it at all."

ljean092 December 19, 2009

For Birth Control "I have been taking APRI for about 4-5 months and love it. It has not made me any more moodier or has not changed my sex drive and my periods are way normal."

sissy sassy December 16, 2009

For Birth Control "I my boobs got huge on this pill but as well as them I also gained a extra weight on my hips. I completely lost my sex drive as well so it is hurting my relationship. As well as it has been making me so moody. I give this drug a 5 because I never got pregnant. However, the side effects were bad."

Anonymous October 27, 2009

For Birth Control "I have taken Apri since February 2009, and I love it! I think I've gotten slightly moodier, but that is the only negative side effect I've had. My boobs have gotten much bigger, and I haven't seen the decrease in sex drive that many others are seeing. It's pretty much the same for me, and I've been on Apri for about 8 or 9 months. As far as periods go, Apri hasn't changed it very much except for the wonderful gift of knowing when it's coming. I've always had short periods (4 days average), and it hasn't changed. Overall, I love Apri."

Anonymous October 10, 2009

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri as a replacement for Seasonique. My sex drive is completely gone and my cramps are horrid. I'm not pregnant though, and its really cheap. My period is on time every month and very light but the negatives definitely outweigh the positives. Whats the point of being on birth control if I don't even want sex?"

shannonkay October 4, 2009

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been taking Apri for about 2 years now. At first, it was great. My periods were managable, extremely predictable, and only lasted a few days. I gained about 10 pounds in the first 5 months, and shortly after completely lost my sex drive. Recently my periods have been getting longer, as they used to be, and cramps are coming back as well."

Anonymous August 5, 2009

For Birth Control "I've been taking Apri for 7 months now and have gained about 8 pounds. I have lost my sex drive, and when my period starts I get horrible cramps. However, I do always know when my period will come and it only lasts for a couple days. This has been the most predictable pill I have taken."

Anonymous July 15, 2009

For Birth Control "Apri made me gain weight and lose my sex drive. I was able to take it continuously if I wanted which meant fewer periods. I don't know if that was worth the other side effects though."

Anonymous July 8, 2009

For Birth Control "Well I have been on Apri for about a year now and believe me my sex drive is gone and my boyfriend hates it. I am glad I am not pregnant but it hurts our relationship if you don't want to have sex. But when taking Apri I always know what day my period will come."

ber June 23, 2009

For Birth Control "Ive been taking Apri for about 4 months and it has been great. I can predict my periods to the day now and they are only for 3 days and hardly painful."

Anonymous May 5, 2009