User Reviews for Apri (Page 13)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 353 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I used Apri for 2 yrs but with a gap of a few months in between. When I got on it the second time my symptoms were different than the first time. For the first month I was always nauseous or on the verge of throwing up within literally 30min-1hr of taking the pill [I learned that eating right after helped a lot] But I decided to give it a go until the second month. After that first month I was fine. I did go through a few months of increased appetite but thank goodness I didn't gain weight some how. Periods are not as painful, long or heavy. My minor acne decreased. my hair is longer and stronger then its ever been. My chest did get bigger now that I think about it. Overall I like Apri especially since it only cost me $9."

Bianca2311 March 24, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for about 2 years now and I am definitely a fan. I had awful acne before and it all went away after a few months of taking the pill. I have cramps and a little acne right before my period starts, but it's usually no big deal. My sex drive has decreased slightly, but I won't let that put a damper on my nights. I unfortunately forgot my pack of birth control when I traveled home from college and missed four pills, so now am stuck waiting until my next pack starts up again. My mood has become wild this past week not to mention getting my period again because of getting off of the pill. My acne has also been a huge problem since getting off of the pill. I strongly recommend the pill, just don't stop taking it."

I like Apri ! March 23, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for over a year. It was recommended by my doctor to slow down my heavy periods. It's done a great job doing so, But now that my periods are under control, I now use Apri for birth control. In the first month, I gained 12lbs just around my love handles, and my breasts grew a whole cup size bigger. I'm not as interested in sex anymore either and I'm definitely more sensitive and moody. This pill definitely helped my periods, and has kept me from getting pregnant, but does have some side effects."

kellyyyy March 13, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been using Apri for a year now and I love it. In the first few months my boobs grew bigger and I have never had problems with acne so I can't say it cleared it but it definetly kept it away. The only problems Ive had in the last few months using it is the cramping I get during my periods..its unbearable. I cant even go to school the first 2 days of it. Besides that Ive had no problems with it."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I've taken Apri for about 2 years and I loved it at first! I was on Yaz before but it was getting way to expensive so I switched. My face has cleared up but I still break out often and on Yaz I was completely acne free. My sex drive has vanished along with when I am in the mood I have horrid vaginal dryness and I've gained weight in my lower parts. However, my cup size is now much bigger."

Anonymous March 3, 2011

For Birth Control "I just finished my first month, and this is what I've found. No noticeable weight gain. The first week or so I was waking up nauseous, but since then it's gone away. I'm not pregnant. Continued to get pretty bad cramps the first day of my period. I do tend to be a little more tired throughout the day. Overall, so far so good!"

Anonymous February 22, 2011

For Birth Control "My wife has been on Apri for about 3 years now and right away I noticed something was wrong. After much talking I think I finally have talked her in to trying something else. Her mood swings are unpredictable and unexpected we have been married for 4 years and it has been really trying on me and us. I really hope she is back to herself soon."

Anonymous February 20, 2011

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for a week, but I wanted to write a positive review because there are a lot of terrible reviews of this product out there. I can't say much about weight gain, because I've only been on it a week, but I haven't noticed any chance as far as that goes. The first day I took it in the morning and had a bad headache that evening. It didn't go away even after taking pain killers. The second day, right after I took it, I was pretty uncomfortable for a few hours. It felt like really bad cramps. The third day, and ever since, I've learned to take it while eating breakfast (not right before or after, but rather during). l haven't had any more problems. I had noticed increased breast size and clearing skin already."

Anonymous February 19, 2011

For Birth Control "As far as Birth Control goes, well I'm not pregnant yet (and I don't use alternate protection) so I'd say it works well in that aspect so I gave it a 6. However, I have had severe nausea, headaches (on the verge of migraines), and slight bloating. I have also been seriously tired all the time, I fall asleep all the time, anywhere, anytime, without control. I never had a problem staying awake for even a couple days without sleep until I started taking Apri. "

farra633 February 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for a few years. I'm not pregnant and my periods are predictable and relatively painless. I haven't gained weight and my skin is good, but my sex drive is completely gone. It's hurting my relationship with my husband."

Anonymous February 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for 2 1/2 weeks and it has instantly made my hair fall out. I never had my hair literally come out of my scalp ever, and I know it's from the birth control. My baby is almost 4 months old and prior to taking Apri I was on Camilia which made me have a non-stop period and no sex drive. With Apri I've noticed I'm moodier, no sex drive, depressed, suicidal thoughts, all of which I have NEVER had any of these problems. I know its this birth control because I'm not on any other medications. Monday I am calling my doctor so she can put on something else, I know this pill can work wonders for others but everyone's body is different."

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Birth Control "I gained about 5lbs just in my butt since using this birth control. I've even gone mostly vegan and can't seem to get rid of it. The only positive about this birth control is I feel pretty sane on it and have regular periods."

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for about two months. My sex drive is almost completely gone which causes problems between my fiance and I. I am also very moody all the time. I'm planning on getting an Mirena instead."

Anonymous January 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for 6 months now. My acne has come back, I have horrible and frequent mood swings, I've gained at least 8 pounds around my hips, I completely lost my sex drive which is ruining my relationship with my boyfriend I have horrible cramps the whole week before and during my period AND I get it for at least 5 days. The kicker is, it was the perfect pill for the first couple months so watch out. I'm going to the doctor this week to switch."

Anonymous January 6, 2011

For Birth Control "I took Yasmin for a few years but found out Apri was a cheaper alternative so I tried it. I used it for about four years. My breasts grew from a 34B to a C. I put on 5-10 lbs. No skin issues. If I missed more than a day, I got severe cramps, but they went away as soon as I was back on schedule. However, over time, I lost my sex drive. It was at zero. Too much estrogen causes that. I was also recently diagnosed with fibroids. They are actually very common, and mostly harmless - though they can cause slight pregnancy problems. They also grow because of excess estrogen in the body, and Apri is estrogen-based. I quit Apri immediately hoping the sex drive will come back and my fibroids will start to shrink a little."

Anonymous January 5, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on many different birth controls. All of them have caused me to become nauseous, moody, etc. Apri is the first one I've used that I have not experienced any of that with. It has helped regulate my periods and made the cramping less severe. My boobs grew a little and I didn't gain any weight. The only downside is if you miss a pill, you will bleed a lot and cramp, etc. but I'm pretty sure it's like that with any birth control. Definitely worth trying."

Anonymous December 5, 2010

For Birth Control "Ever since being on Apri I have noticed a huge change in my mood swings, they're basically gone. I'm happy all the time and I didn't really get any side effects. My sexual drive has gone up and if any side effects have shown at all it would probably be that my boobs got a little bigger. This is the first pill I've been on and it's great!"

Anonymous December 1, 2010

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been taking Apri for the last month and a half and I like it. I am 19 and this is my first time on birth control, I am using it for PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have lost five pounds and my acne is starting to clear up. The only issues I have are the munchies since I'm trying to lose weight, but I just eat fruit or salad when I get super hungry like that. Hopefully things stay as great as they are. Wish you all the best of luck."

Shakiela November 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I like the simplicity of the package and use so there are high marks there. Bad thing is that after two months of use I have gained 3-4 pounds. My breasts have increased in size as well as my butt. This is the first time I have ever taken birth control and I am 28 years old. Another bad side effect are the mood swings which happen frequently. I may try to use another type of birth control soon."

Anonymous November 19, 2010

For Birth Control "I am on this medicine for couples months now and have gained weight and my depression came back full force. Very sad, no sex drive and 15 more pounds."

nanazinha November 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I started looking in to Apri because I heard Yasmin could cause blood clots and was extremely worried. I'm glad to hear no one has had any such experiences with Apri. I have been on Apri for about a year now, my sex drive is normal if not slightly higher than it used to be. My skin is good. I've gained about six pounds but since I'm still in my late teens that is normal and I'm sure would happen anyway. My periods are light and painless."

Anonymous October 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for about a week and I have already gained 7 pounds! My acne started to clear up and then today all of a sudden my face broke out in several huge pimples. I'm more tired than usual and get severe cramps on and off. I think I might be going back to the doctors soon and seeing what else I can take."

kaili October 6, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been taking Apri for over 6 months. I love it, I got like my period down to an exact date each month. They're really light and manageable unlike before where it was very heavy and unpredictable. My sex drive I feel is higher but I do get more discharge and my breasts got bigger so 10 for this pill and good price too!"

Anonymous October 4, 2010

For Birth Control "Apri is the first birth control I have tried and so far I'm very impressed! I have only been taking Apri for 3 weeks but I've had almost no side effects. I had some light spotting for the first 2 weeks but it has completely stopped now. My breasts have gotten slightly larger and my sex drive has increased. I randomly threw up once but I think that was because of what I ate not the pill. I've had no increase or decrease in my appetite or weight, hair seems almost thicker and I had no acne break out. So far I LOVE THIS PILL!"

Anonymous September 7, 2010

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Took Apri for 2 months, did NOT bleed for about 11 days the first month, and 8 the 2nd month. Am switching to yet another birth control."

Anonymous August 27, 2010