User Reviews for Apri (Page 13)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 344 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I have been taking this medication for a few years. I'm not pregnant and my periods are predictable and relatively painless. I haven't gained weight and my skin is good, but my sex drive is completely gone. It's hurting my relationship with my husband."

Anonymous February 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for 2 1/2 weeks and it has instantly made my hair fall out. I never had my hair literally come out of my scalp ever, and I know it's from the birth control. My baby is almost 4 months old and prior to taking Apri I was on Camilia which made me have a non-stop period and no sex drive. With Apri I've noticed I'm moodier, no sex drive, depressed, suicidal thoughts, all of which I have NEVER had any of these problems. I know its this birth control because I'm not on any other medications. Monday I am calling my doctor so she can put on something else, I know this pill can work wonders for others but everyone's body is different."

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Birth Control "I gained about 5lbs just in my butt since using this birth control. I've even gone mostly vegan and can't seem to get rid of it. The only positive about this birth control is I feel pretty sane on it and have regular periods."

Anonymous January 14, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for about two months. My sex drive is almost completely gone which causes problems between my fiance and I. I am also very moody all the time. I'm planning on getting an Mirena instead."

Anonymous January 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for 6 months now. My acne has come back, I have horrible and frequent mood swings, I've gained at least 8 pounds around my hips, I completely lost my sex drive which is ruining my relationship with my boyfriend I have horrible cramps the whole week before and during my period AND I get it for at least 5 days. The kicker is, it was the perfect pill for the first couple months so watch out. I'm going to the doctor this week to switch."

Anonymous January 6, 2011

For Birth Control "I took Yasmin for a few years but found out Apri was a cheaper alternative so I tried it. I used it for about four years. My breasts grew from a 34B to a C. I put on 5-10 lbs. No skin issues. If I missed more than a day, I got severe cramps, but they went away as soon as I was back on schedule. However, over time, I lost my sex drive. It was at zero. Too much estrogen causes that. I was also recently diagnosed with fibroids. They are actually very common, and mostly harmless - though they can cause slight pregnancy problems. They also grow because of excess estrogen in the body, and Apri is estrogen-based. I quit Apri immediately hoping the sex drive will come back and my fibroids will start to shrink a little."

Anonymous January 5, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on many different birth controls. All of them have caused me to become nauseous, moody, etc. Apri is the first one I've used that I have not experienced any of that with. It has helped regulate my periods and made the cramping less severe. My boobs grew a little and I didn't gain any weight. The only downside is if you miss a pill, you will bleed a lot and cramp, etc. but I'm pretty sure it's like that with any birth control. Definitely worth trying."

Anonymous December 5, 2010

For Birth Control "Ever since being on Apri I have noticed a huge change in my mood swings, they're basically gone. I'm happy all the time and I didn't really get any side effects. My sexual drive has gone up and if any side effects have shown at all it would probably be that my boobs got a little bigger. This is the first pill I've been on and it's great!"

Anonymous December 1, 2010

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I have been taking Apri for the last month and a half and I like it. I am 19 and this is my first time on birth control, I am using it for PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome. I have lost five pounds and my acne is starting to clear up. The only issues I have are the munchies since I'm trying to lose weight, but I just eat fruit or salad when I get super hungry like that. Hopefully things stay as great as they are. Wish you all the best of luck."

Shakiela November 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I like the simplicity of the package and use so there are high marks there. Bad thing is that after two months of use I have gained 3-4 pounds. My breasts have increased in size as well as my butt. This is the first time I have ever taken birth control and I am 28 years old. Another bad side effect are the mood swings which happen frequently. I may try to use another type of birth control soon."

Anonymous November 19, 2010

For Birth Control "I am on this medicine for couples months now and have gained weight and my depression came back full force. Very sad, no sex drive and 15 more pounds."

nanazinha November 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I started looking in to Apri because I heard Yasmin could cause blood clots and was extremely worried. I'm glad to hear no one has had any such experiences with Apri. I have been on Apri for about a year now, my sex drive is normal if not slightly higher than it used to be. My skin is good. I've gained about six pounds but since I'm still in my late teens that is normal and I'm sure would happen anyway. My periods are light and painless."

Anonymous October 7, 2010

For Birth Control "I've only been on this for about a week and I have already gained 7 pounds! My acne started to clear up and then today all of a sudden my face broke out in several huge pimples. I'm more tired than usual and get severe cramps on and off. I think I might be going back to the doctors soon and seeing what else I can take."

kaili October 6, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been taking Apri for over 6 months. I love it, I got like my period down to an exact date each month. They're really light and manageable unlike before where it was very heavy and unpredictable. My sex drive I feel is higher but I do get more discharge and my breasts got bigger so 10 for this pill and good price too!"

Anonymous October 4, 2010

For Birth Control "Apri is the first birth control I have tried and so far I'm very impressed! I have only been taking Apri for 3 weeks but I've had almost no side effects. I had some light spotting for the first 2 weeks but it has completely stopped now. My breasts have gotten slightly larger and my sex drive has increased. I randomly threw up once but I think that was because of what I ate not the pill. I've had no increase or decrease in my appetite or weight, hair seems almost thicker and I had no acne break out. So far I LOVE THIS PILL!"

Anonymous September 7, 2010

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Took Apri for 2 months, did NOT bleed for about 11 days the first month, and 8 the 2nd month. Am switching to yet another birth control."

Anonymous August 27, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on 3 different birth control pills. I started with Tri-Cyclen Lo which didn't work because I had breakthrough bleeding. Same thing happened with the Tri-Cyclen. I've been using Apri for six months now and at first it was good but now I have a really heavy periods and breakthrough bleeding. I want to switch to a different birth control but I don't know what would be the best choice."

irenajevremova August 26, 2010

For Birth Control "I started taking Apri about 7 months ago. My breats got noticeably larger within the first few weeks and I gained about 10 pounds, but I'm a thin girl anyway so I gladly take on the extra few pounds and curves. I got prescribed this birth control because of my ovarian cysts and since I have not had any problems with them. They've been unnoticeable and my cramps don't even exist anymore. I love Apri and it's affordable. Just what I need in this economic clash."

Anonymous August 25, 2010

For Birth Control "I was switched from Marvelon to Apri about a year ago. I lost 15 pounds after switching and after about one month of breaking out, I was back to clear skin again. However, I have noticed a dramatic increase in mood swings with Apri. I constantly find myself crying over the most insignificant things and am unable to control my emotions. I'm worried it is starting to affect my relationship with my boyfriend and with others. I'm thinking of seeing a doctor and perhaps switching to a different pill...seems like its going to be difficult to find one that keeps my weight, skin, and emotions in check!"

Anonymous August 17, 2010

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri since December 2008 when my daughter was 6 weeks old. At 1st I loved this pill. My periods came on time, weren't painful at all, really light and lasted 2-3 days. In the last year or so, my period has become very heavy, lasting 4-5 days with cramping for at least 4 days. I am miserable! After I had my daughter I had lost 50 lbs, but I have gained that and probably plus some back. I have NO sex drive what so ever, which is affecting my relationship with my almost husband (in 5 weeks!) I go to my Doctor next week to see about switching to a non hormonal IUD. I have seen successful stories with Apri, but I don't think this pill is for everyone."

Anonymous August 15, 2010

For Birth Control "I just started and this is giving me bad acne and making me extremely tired."

Anonymous August 2, 2010

For Birth Control "I started originally on Tri-Sprintec for about 3 months, which I believe is the generic of Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I was an emotional wreck, so my doctor switched me to Apri. I had absolutely NO symptoms whatsoever. I actually lost weight! Didn't increase my bra size, which could have been from the losing weight part. My acne cleared up within 2 months of starting Apri. It made my period so regular that I knew to the day down to the hour that I would start my period, with absolutely no spotting in between periods. I didn't really notice any changes in my sex drive. Overall, I would strongly recommend this pill!"

Anonymous July 11, 2010

For Birth Control "My doctor switched me from Marvelon to Apri about 7 months ago. I suddenly started gaining weight, no change in diet and probably more exercise. It has made my periods fairly regular but I cannot afford to gain anymore weight because it is affecting my overall health. I am considering getting off Apri and choosing a different pill."

dms22 July 8, 2010

For Birth Control "Been taking Apri for about 2 1/2 months and I've gained about 10lbs, my sex drive is extremely low and I'm really moody for no apparent reason. It's really interfering with my relationship. I also have been having chest pains and I feel a heaviness in my chest when I wake up. When my period came on after the first month I had really bad cramps. The only reason I gave it a 3 is because I have an irregular period and it came on time while taking Apri."

Anonymous June 30, 2010

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for 3 months, my periods are regular but I get horrible cramps, backaches and bloating. My weight stayed the same and my acne cleared up though."

Anonymous June 20, 2010