User Reviews for Apri (Page 13)

Birth Control
5.4

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 372 reviews

Reviews for Apri

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Birth Control "I started Apri November of 2009 and it was the first birth control I ever had. I was a size 4 when I started and am now a size 8. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to lose weight. And in the last year and a half I have had no sex drive. Sex isn't fun anymore. I never really related it to my pill or wanted to. Also the first month of my pill was miserable. I was so depressed, I broke out everywhere (chest, back, face) and my period was so, so heavy and painful. Luckily after the first month my acne completely cleared up, my depression went away and my periods are always same day and super light and short. However I'm really starting to debate if the no sex drive is worth it. I haven't got pregnant, but then again I'd have to want to have sex."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri since last year and I absolutely love Apri. My doctor prescribed it for three packs in a row therefore I only get my period four times a year and I have no spotting and no issues with my period when it comes. This pill is much better than my last. I have no complaints I love it."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

For Birth Control "I love Apri. A friend recommended Apri and as soon as I picked up my prescription that is when my love affair with Apri began. Prior to taking Apri, I had severe PMS (irregular periods, depression 1 week before and 1 week after my period, horrible cramps, acne) so my doctor suggested a birth control to help regulate my PMS symptoms. After taking Apri, my acne has completely cleared up, no weight gain, 3 day periods with light bleeding, and no depression. I haven't noticed increased bust size and no change in my sexual desires. I do have increased discharge. But that would be the only bad side effect."

Marvelon Lover July 27, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Marvelon for 2 years, and then switched to Apri after losing my "student" status, and therefore needed a cheaper pill. I've been on it for 4 months, and although my periods are regular, the side effects are horrible. I have noticed frequent headaches, at least a 15 pound weight gain, and ZERO sex drive. I eat healthy and started exercising, not realizing why I was gaining and keeping all this weight. It's not going anywhere. The zero sex drive is NOT like me, and has affected my relationship. All of these side effects have been occurring since being on Apri. It may work for some people, but I'd gladly pay the extra for Marvelon in order to have these effects go away. "

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Birth Control "I am on my second month of taking Apri. My periods are much better but I have noticed that I have gained a bit more weight. Also more acne than with my previous birth control pill. But on the good side my periods are much shorter and my cramps are less awful. When it comes to periods it helps, but self esteem, not so much."

Anonymous July 15, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for probably little over a year, and my side effects started progressively getting worse. I went from being nice to instant bad for no reason. My migraines got worse (almost every day) and sex drive went way down. I just got off this pill and went on Loestrin."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've taken. I got really nauseous from it the first day. My breasts have gotten larger and I took it the day of my period and it only lasted for 2 days. I have been pretty moody as well but I think its all just my adjusting to the pill."

Anonymous June 21, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri since I was 16 and am now 24. I love being on Apri. I've never had a problem with it. My libido has never decreased nor have I gotten acne. If anything both have gotten exponentially better over time. My periods have gotten lighter, shorter and less painful as well. I really recommend it."

Anonymous June 20, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for about 6 months now and switched from Necon. I can predict my period to the day and get no cramps and it only lasts 2-3 days. I've seen a little weight gain and loss of sex drive, and I do feel as though I'm a little more emotional."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For Birth Control "My old birth control made me very mean, but when I switched to Apri my mood has been very balanced. Not only that, the horrible acne on my back cleared up and now my back is beautiful. My periods are like clockwork and if you take birth control for mostly preventing pregnancy, take this. Me and my husband don't use condoms and I can't believe I'm not pregnant. (If you know what I mean) I trust this birth control."

Jlbower317 June 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been taking Apri for about two years now. It started off good with lighter periods and no more cramps. My acne went away as well. The past few months, however, my periods have been heavier than before I started the pill and I have severe mood swings that have affected my life drastically. Apri may be for some people, but it's not for me."

Anonymous June 11, 2011

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Apri for about 6 months now, I have gained only around 5 pounds, but it was not noticeable. My breast size has not changed, and neither has my sex drive. I use this pill for my awful periods. I used to cry and vomit from cramps, now I do not have them at all. I have been using it as birth control as well, and have never been pregnant. I strongly, strongly recommend this pill."

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for reducing my periods and helping with endometriosis cramps, but it has made me very depressed and tired. "

Anonymous May 15, 2011

For Birth Control "The thing about birth control is that it affects everyone differently. Everyone has a different experience with different birth controls, because all of our bodies and personalities are different. While some birth controls do contain similar stories, and that is a good indicator, it is truly a different experience for each individual, so try and find one what fits you best, you might have to test a couple out."

Anonymous May 5, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on April for almost 2 years now and I am finally getting off of it next week and starting Ocella. I lost my sex drive, wanted to eat everything in sight, and was very emotional. No change in breast size, and never had trouble with acne. I dealt with Apri for this long because it helped with my ovarian cysts and kept my periods light and regular. 4 months ago I started eating healthy and working out consistently to lose weight, and yet no successful results. I am so sick of having to eat minimal calories and work out 4+ days a week just to MAINTAIN my weight. I really hope Ocella works!"

Anonymous April 20, 2011

For Birth Control "Great pill, because it made my periods regular but gave me MAJOR mood swing and headaches."

anonymous/ April 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I have taken Apri for 4 months now and have gained over 20lbs. I am naturally very thin, and now I cannot seem to lose even a pound. I run over 4 miles a day and eat a healthy vegetarian diet. Besides for the awful weight gain the only other symptom I experienced was lots of crying. I never cried before I began the pill but if you can stand the weight gain and crying I strongly recommend. No other side effects, cleared my acne, and regulated my periods! Hope this helps!"

Anonymous April 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for over a year now. I was on Yaz before this one and it made me absolutely crazy! This one didn't seem to have much effect on me besides NO sex drive.... Enough where my husband and I argue about it at least a few times a week. I'm only 20 and should want it more than NEVER... Thinking about switching birth controls now."

Anonymous April 6, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for a couple of months. I have completely lost my sex drive which is hurting my relationship and I feel depressed all the time. I'm not pregnant so I give it a four but I'm going to switch to a different medication."

Bianca2311 March 24, 2011

For Birth Control "I used Apri for 2 yrs but with a gap of a few months in between. When I got on it the second time my symptoms were different than the first time. For the first month I was always nauseous or on the verge of throwing up within literally 30min-1hr of taking the pill [I learned that eating right after helped a lot] But I decided to give it a go until the second month. After that first month I was fine. I did go through a few months of increased appetite but thank goodness I didn't gain weight some how. Periods are not as painful, long or heavy. My minor acne decreased. my hair is longer and stronger then its ever been. My chest did get bigger now that I think about it. Overall I like Apri especially since it only cost me $9."

I like Apri ! March 23, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for about 2 years now and I am definitely a fan. I had awful acne before and it all went away after a few months of taking the pill. I have cramps and a little acne right before my period starts, but it's usually no big deal. My sex drive has decreased slightly, but I won't let that put a damper on my nights. I unfortunately forgot my pack of birth control when I traveled home from college and missed four pills, so now am stuck waiting until my next pack starts up again. My mood has become wild this past week not to mention getting my period again because of getting off of the pill. My acne has also been a huge problem since getting off of the pill. I strongly recommend the pill, just don't stop taking it."

kellyyyy March 13, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for over a year. It was recommended by my doctor to slow down my heavy periods. It's done a great job doing so, But now that my periods are under control, I now use Apri for birth control. In the first month, I gained 12lbs just around my love handles, and my breasts grew a whole cup size bigger. I'm not as interested in sex anymore either and I'm definitely more sensitive and moody. This pill definitely helped my periods, and has kept me from getting pregnant, but does have some side effects."

Anonymous March 7, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been using Apri for a year now and I love it. In the first few months my boobs grew bigger and I have never had problems with acne so I can't say it cleared it but it definetly kept it away. The only problems Ive had in the last few months using it is the cramping I get during my periods..its unbearable. I cant even go to school the first 2 days of it. Besides that Ive had no problems with it."

Anonymous March 3, 2011

For Birth Control "I've taken Apri for about 2 years and I loved it at first! I was on Yaz before but it was getting way to expensive so I switched. My face has cleared up but I still break out often and on Yaz I was completely acne free. My sex drive has vanished along with when I am in the mood I have horrid vaginal dryness and I've gained weight in my lower parts. However, my cup size is now much bigger."

Anonymous February 22, 2011

For Birth Control "I just finished my first month, and this is what I've found. No noticeable weight gain. The first week or so I was waking up nauseous, but since then it's gone away. I'm not pregnant. Continued to get pretty bad cramps the first day of my period. I do tend to be a little more tired throughout the day. Overall, so far so good!"