User Reviews for Apri (Page 12)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 353 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for about a year now I had to start taking it at night because it made me feel very sick. I still feel sick in the morning and can't eat when I first wake up for the 1st week then that goes away. I do believe it decreased my sex drive because it has changed since I started taking this pill. The only plus to this pill is that I've had short periods that are very light and I know the day it will start and end. I just asked for a new birth control to try and I'll see how that goes! If it doesn't go well ill probably be returning to Apri."

Anonymous January 1, 2012

For Birth Control "I switched to this pill from Necon 1/35 to try and improve my acne in addition to birth control. I tried it for 2 months. Side effects I noticed: tired and it felt hard to get out of bed (very unlike me!), faint tension headaches across my forehead, acne breakouts on my chest and face, ravenously hungry at times, and then no appetite (haven't gained any weight, may have lost a pound or two), slightly sore but much larger breasts, decreased sex drive but not as low as while on Necon 1/35. I have decided to try a new pill because of these side effects. This pill was meant to help my acne but it seems to have made it worse, and feeling tired all the time with headaches isn't tolerable for me since I am very active."

Anonymous November 28, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Yaz and it was the BEST! I had no acne, very light and short periods, no weight gain, and no mood swings. The only bad thing with Yaz was my hair began to thin and it was very dry. I never had sex on Yaz so I don't know how effective it was at that. On Apri, I now have mild acne especially on my period and I have horrible periods at that. Very heavy with lots of cramping. My appetite increased so much to the point I have gained 8 pounds. After a year of dealing with Apri I switched to Beyaz since it has folate, which is good for hair and a baby if I ever do get pregnant! "

Asherdasher November 26, 2011

For Birth Control "I just started Apri and so far it's the best pill I've taken. (Tri-Sprintec --> Levora --> Loestrin 24 Fe, now Apri) I have a few side effects. My appetite has definitely increased, so I'm trying to be aware of that. I also have my sex drive, which I never really knew was gone until I switched to Apri. I haven't had my period on this yet (only on week 2) but so far, so good. It's also very inexpensive."

Anonymous October 28, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for one month now and I absolutely love it! No side effects or weight gain or anything! It was my first pill ever taken and I'm so happy there are no complications. I recommend it to anyone! Excellent choice!"

Anonymous September 14, 2011

For Birth Control "My bra size definitely got higher, and my sex drive hasn't changed at all. I haven't noticed that I have gained weight, but I am always hungry and have a lot of cravings, period is regular and its nice to know when the time comes. I think Apri is good and I would not change it for another brand."

starfirus September 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I started Apri November of 2009 and it was the first birth control I ever had. I was a size 4 when I started and am now a size 8. No matter how hard I try I can't seem to lose weight. And in the last year and a half I have had no sex drive. Sex isn't fun anymore. I never really related it to my pill or wanted to. Also the first month of my pill was miserable. I was so depressed, I broke out everywhere (chest, back, face) and my period was so, so heavy and painful. Luckily after the first month my acne completely cleared up, my depression went away and my periods are always same day and super light and short. However I'm really starting to debate if the no sex drive is worth it. I haven't got pregnant, but then again I'd have to want to have sex."

Anonymous September 2, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri since last year and I absolutely love Apri. My doctor prescribed it for three packs in a row therefore I only get my period four times a year and I have no spotting and no issues with my period when it comes. This pill is much better than my last. I have no complaints I love it."

Anonymous August 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I love Apri. A friend recommended Apri and as soon as I picked up my prescription that is when my love affair with Apri began. Prior to taking Apri, I had severe PMS (irregular periods, depression 1 week before and 1 week after my period, horrible cramps, acne) so my doctor suggested a birth control to help regulate my PMS symptoms. After taking Apri, my acne has completely cleared up, no weight gain, 3 day periods with light bleeding, and no depression. I haven't noticed increased bust size and no change in my sexual desires. I do have increased discharge. But that would be the only bad side effect."

Anonymous August 4, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Marvelon for 2 years, and then switched to Apri after losing my "student" status, and therefore needed a cheaper pill. I've been on it for 4 months, and although my periods are regular, the side effects are horrible. I have noticed frequent headaches, at least a 15 pound weight gain, and ZERO sex drive. I eat healthy and started exercising, not realizing why I was gaining and keeping all this weight. It's not going anywhere. The zero sex drive is NOT like me, and has affected my relationship. All of these side effects have been occurring since being on Apri. It may work for some people, but I'd gladly pay the extra for Marvelon in order to have these effects go away. "

Marvelon Lover July 27, 2011

For Birth Control "I am on my second month of taking Apri. My periods are much better but I have noticed that I have gained a bit more weight. Also more acne than with my previous birth control pill. But on the good side my periods are much shorter and my cramps are less awful. When it comes to periods it helps, but self esteem, not so much."

Anonymous July 22, 2011

For Birth Control "I was on Apri for probably little over a year, and my side effects started progressively getting worse. I went from being nice to instant bad for no reason. My migraines got worse (almost every day) and sex drive went way down. I just got off this pill and went on Loestrin."

Anonymous July 15, 2011

For Birth Control "This is the first birth control I've taken. I got really nauseous from it the first day. My breasts have gotten larger and I took it the day of my period and it only lasted for 2 days. I have been pretty moody as well but I think its all just my adjusting to the pill."

Anonymous June 27, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri since I was 16 and am now 24. I love being on Apri. I've never had a problem with it. My libido has never decreased nor have I gotten acne. If anything both have gotten exponentially better over time. My periods have gotten lighter, shorter and less painful as well. I really recommend it."

Anonymous June 21, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been on Apri for about 6 months now and switched from Necon. I can predict my period to the day and get no cramps and it only lasts 2-3 days. I've seen a little weight gain and loss of sex drive, and I do feel as though I'm a little more emotional."

Anonymous June 20, 2011

For Birth Control "My old birth control made me very mean, but when I switched to Apri my mood has been very balanced. Not only that, the horrible acne on my back cleared up and now my back is beautiful. My periods are like clockwork and if you take birth control for mostly preventing pregnancy, take this. Me and my husband don't use condoms and I can't believe I'm not pregnant. (If you know what I mean) I trust this birth control."

Anonymous June 18, 2011

For Birth Control "I've been taking Apri for about two years now. It started off good with lighter periods and no more cramps. My acne went away as well. The past few months, however, my periods have been heavier than before I started the pill and I have severe mood swings that have affected my life drastically. Apri may be for some people, but it's not for me."

Jlbower317 June 12, 2011

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Apri for about 6 months now, I have gained only around 5 pounds, but it was not noticeable. My breast size has not changed, and neither has my sex drive. I use this pill for my awful periods. I used to cry and vomit from cramps, now I do not have them at all. I have been using it as birth control as well, and have never been pregnant. I strongly, strongly recommend this pill."

Anonymous June 11, 2011

For Birth Control "This birth control was great for reducing my periods and helping with endometriosis cramps, but it has made me very depressed and tired. "

Anonymous June 4, 2011

For Birth Control "The thing about birth control is that it affects everyone differently. Everyone has a different experience with different birth controls, because all of our bodies and personalities are different. While some birth controls do contain similar stories, and that is a good indicator, it is truly a different experience for each individual, so try and find one what fits you best, you might have to test a couple out."

Anonymous May 15, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on April for almost 2 years now and I am finally getting off of it next week and starting Ocella. I lost my sex drive, wanted to eat everything in sight, and was very emotional. No change in breast size, and never had trouble with acne. I dealt with Apri for this long because it helped with my ovarian cysts and kept my periods light and regular. 4 months ago I started eating healthy and working out consistently to lose weight, and yet no successful results. I am so sick of having to eat minimal calories and work out 4+ days a week just to MAINTAIN my weight. I really hope Ocella works!"

Anonymous May 5, 2011

For Birth Control "Great pill, because it made my periods regular but gave me MAJOR mood swing and headaches."

Anonymous April 20, 2011

For Birth Control "I have taken Apri for 4 months now and have gained over 20lbs. I am naturally very thin, and now I cannot seem to lose even a pound. I run over 4 miles a day and eat a healthy vegetarian diet. Besides for the awful weight gain the only other symptom I experienced was lots of crying. I never cried before I began the pill but if you can stand the weight gain and crying I strongly recommend. No other side effects, cleared my acne, and regulated my periods! Hope this helps!"

anonymous/ April 12, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for over a year now. I was on Yaz before this one and it made me absolutely crazy! This one didn't seem to have much effect on me besides NO sex drive.... Enough where my husband and I argue about it at least a few times a week. I'm only 20 and should want it more than NEVER... Thinking about switching birth controls now."

Anonymous April 8, 2011

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri for a couple of months. I have completely lost my sex drive which is hurting my relationship and I feel depressed all the time. I'm not pregnant so I give it a four but I'm going to switch to a different medication."

Anonymous April 6, 2011