User Reviews for Apri (Page 10)

Birth Control
5.5

Summary of Apri reviews 5.5 344 reviews

Reviews for Apri

For Birth Control "This birth control pill is awesome. It made my periods even lighter than they were before, I get no pimples, I've lost 15 pounds, my breasts went from a B to a D, and emotionally I feel the same as I did before it. I would highly recommend it."

______ April 7, 2013

For Birth Control "I started originally on Tri-Sprintec but after a few days I couldn't handle the cramps, bloating and spotting all the time. I call my doctor and she prescribed Apri. After seeing all the reviews I felt that this was a better choice then the Tri-Sprintec pill. Since Apri had better reviews then Tri, everyone's body is different but So far it has worked great no side effect's I LOVE IT."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2013

For Birth Control "This pill is a dream! I was so worried to go on birth control, due to all the scary side effects I always here about! After two months, I have had none. I had really bad periods that would leave me very sick for days. I only get very light cramping right before my period starts. I haven't gained any weight. I actually lost weight around my waist, and I am already very petite to begin with. My cup size went up to a C from a B, and my light acne has become almost non-existent. I was lucky to find a pill that worked for me right off of the bat!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2013

For Birth Control "I have taken it for about a year and I no longer have cramps, I have lost weight, and my pimples have vanished. My friend however took it and got light headed. This is not for everyone but it works for me and I am not pregnant."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 13, 2013

For Birth Control "I started Apri five months ago. I have always suffered with terrible ovarian cysts, and now they're starting to finally decrease. I have lost twenty pounds while I've been taking the pills, without changing my diet or exercise. I'm not pregnant, nor have I ever been. My sex drive is the same, but I can't eat anymore. Small meals twice a day that has absolutely no dairy in them are all my stomach can handle now. I have never had a problem with dairy before Apri. I also get terrible headaches and am constantly tired. There are positive and negatives to this pill."

Kaattee January 23, 2013

For Birth Control "Before I start my period, I get cramps, acne and I'm very moody on this pill. My sex drive is usually very high. This is the only pill I've ever taken so I don't have much to compare it to but I don't find it that bad."

Anonymous January 22, 2013

For Birth Control "When I first started on Apri, it made me nauseous in the mornings. That went away, but around the third month of use, I got really depressed moods for no particular reason and had random bouts of crying. That went away when I stopped taking it. It worked for its intended purposes, but it wasn't right for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2013

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome "I was prescribed Apri for my PCOS (polycystic overian syndrom) and have been taking it for 2 months now. Before taking it my periods were completely irregular. Never knew if they were going to be later or early if they were going to last 3 days, 7 days, 2 weeks, or a month. My cramps were horrible and could barely get out of bed. I am happy to say that Apri has helped with that. My cramps ( on a scale from 1-10 before Apri was about a 8-9) are not a 4 on the pain scale. I gave the Apri a 9 because for some reason ever since I started on Apri have been having a brown discharge during my menstrual cycles. If they continue I will contact my doctor to find out what is going on with that."

Anonymous December 12, 2012

For Birth Control "This birth control was not good. I gained weight all in my stomach and had horrible horrible bloating before my period for about 3 days. It was as if I was 4 months pregnant - none of my clothes fit and I'd feel too uncomfortable to sit in a chair. Acne was more worse than it has ever been."

Anonymous December 9, 2012

For Birth Control "I have tried all other formulations of birth control pills without success. The only way I can describe it is that I feel clinically insane when taking birth control pills, and this was the last option to try. I should note the reason I went on it is because my body stopped having periods, I went over a year without any periods (I wasn't pregnant, and was 23 yrs old). So I went ahead and tried it. I was not as crazy on this, and it cleared up my skin completely. After about 4 months though I completely lost my sex drive. Like from 100 to -100. After my periods regulated out I quit taking it. Now 8 months later I am back to not having a period and just started taking it again the other day. This time around I am feeling kind of sick."

Anonymous December 3, 2012

For Birth Control "I haven't had a single noticeable side effect while taking this pill. No acne, no significant weight gain, no mood changes, no loss of sex drive. Not to mention it works wonders for your cycle: mine's extremely consistent, my periods are lighter, and my once terrible cramps are distant memories. Oh, and you also won't get pregnant. This is a great pill, the side effects some people report are probably an expected reaction or an individual bad experience. Highly recommended."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2012

For Birth Control "I took Apri for 2 years. I have experienced extreme bloating (went for 112lbs to 118 lbs just of retained water). Blurry vision in my left eye, tiredness, chest pain sometimes, could not drink any alcohol it would make my bloating worse. I changed to Yaz 2 weeks ago and I feel like a brand new person. No more bloating, I feel great!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on Apri for 9 months. I am on birth control to help intense bleeding and an incredibly enlarged uterus. Please keep this in mind while reading my side-effects. These aren't typical for Apri. Apri has given me all of the symptoms of pregnancy without the baby. I wake up nauseous, I have night terrors almost every night (waking up bawling, and that's not normal for me), and a strange craving for eggs whereas I never really liked them before. I also have slight mood swings that aren't so bad that they can't be controlled. However, it has changed my period length from 10-14 days to 4 days, removed all cramping, regulated my cycle, and saved my uterus. It gets a 7 out of 10 from me."

Anonymous October 13, 2012

For Birth Control "I had a baby 12 weeks ago and have been on Apri since my 6 week postpartum appointment. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome and my periods have always been VERY irregular. I also get a few whiskers that grow on my chin from the PCOS. Since starting the pill I have noticed that those whiskers aren't growing anymore, also I have regular periods, my sex drive is normal and I have not gained any weight! INFACT I have lost 20lbs since starting it and have not changed my diet or exercise routine. I love this pill, this is why I rate it 10! Oh and after having 3 children there is a BONUS I am not pregnant."

momof3yipee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2012

For Birth Control "Previously I was taking Ortho-cept, before that I was on Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. Both of these were wonderful for my skin, which I naturally have troubles with. My insurance doesn't cover Ortho-cept so my pharmacy have me Apri. My face exploded and hasn't gotten any better after 3 months. I assume this is a permanent thing and I'm looking to switch to Tri-Sprintec. I normally have very painful abdominal cramps but Apri has helped a lot with the pain."

joface (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2012

For Birth Control "I'm 13 and I take it for regulating my periods and making my cramps easier to handle. I've been taking it for 2 months and it made my acne better, I'm not so moody and my periods are normal for once! The only thing is I'm hungry more often, no weight gain though. I love Apri!"

Anonymous October 8, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on Apri previously and it was not available for refill at one point so they switched me to Cryselle. I lost all sex drive and was flat line. I am now back on Apri and feel amazing. My mood is better and my sex drive is back... so happy to be back on Apri this has really turned my life back around to where I was before."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 21, 2012

For Birth Control "Have had a very good experience with Apri! It's the first birth control I've been on and it's been about 9 months now. It's regulated my periods so I can predict it down to the hour, they're less painful, I feel less nausea, and they're much shorter and lighter! I haven't gained any weight - just fluxed a bit up and down a few pounds. Overall - really good!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2012

For Birth Control "I love it! Been on it for about 8 months now. Fixed my acne right up and regulated my period. Not only that but made it shorter and more bearable. It also has increased my sex drive immensely!"

Anonymous September 4, 2012

For Birth Control "Apri was the first birth control I took (at the age of 24). I started taking it to prevent pregnancy, not for any other reason since my periods were regular and I rarely experienced any kind of cramps or moodiness. This pill changed that entirely. I started experiencing cramps around the time my period began. I noticed a considerable drop in my sex drive, which frustrated both me and my boyfriend. I also became depressed, my moods fluctuated from happy and positive to irritable to extremely depressed in a span of hours. I stayed on this for over six months before changing. I changed to Aviane and have noticed a VAST improvement."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 30, 2012

For Birth Control "I was taking Yaz for about a year and a half and it was actually working great. I started taking Apri about 4 or 5 months ago. Yes, my periods are regular and I am not pregnant, but my cramps are extremely painful still, and I am very moody. I also have a very diminished sex drive. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2012

"I've been on this birth control for a little more than a year. At first I had great experiences as I had no breakthrough bleeding and my period came at the same time each month. A few months in, though, I started having major mood swings and bad PMS. I've also gained some weight. Both my boyfriend and I are pretty sick of it. If you aren't nervous about mood swings I would say try this birth control."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2012

For Birth Control "I have only been on Apri for about a month now and I love it. I have not gained any weight, my sex drive is the same it was before I started taking the pill and my insurance covers it. I get it for no cost at all. I don't know why everyone thinks that one pill is going to give everyone that takes it the same side effects. Every person is going to have different side effects and some will have the same but the pill is going to react different to every women who takes it. This pill overall is my favorite. I absolutely love this pill. It's effective and affordable."

Anonymous July 16, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been taking Apri for 2 years now. It has prevented pregnancy! That's about it! Mood swings are horrible, appetite is horrible, no sex drive at all."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2012

For Birth Control "I have been on for 1 month and a half. My period lasted for 10 days, then I came on again in the same month for another 10 days. That was all new to me. Sex drive has increased. My period is still irregular so I'm waiting on my next period. Slight headaches and I feel sick sometimes. This is my first birth control and I haven't been on it long. Things may change. Not sure."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2012