User Reviews for Apri (Page 2)

Learn more about Apri.

Apri Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 264 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for Apri to treat Birth Control

"(I've been on Apri for the last year) Side Effects: 1) horrible mood swings 2) irrational thoughts 3) weight gain 4) depression 5) constantly fatigued 6) decreased sex drive"

Viiiii (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So I've only been on this pill for a month. Before this, I was on Yasmin for a month, and before that, I was on Junel Fe for 4 months, and before that, Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months. I know it's still pretty early, but so far it is a great pill. On Yasmin, I was a monster. My temperament is usually very laid-back and carefree, but I was an emotional, depressed mess. After switching to Apri, it almost feels like an antidepressant for me. I'm in such a happy, good mood all the time. So far, I've only gotten sad one day the week before my period week, where I cried a little, but nothing compared to last month on Yasmin. So far no weight gain either, my skin hasn't broken out on this, and my boobs are getting bigger (plus for me, being an A cup)."

whatisthisnow March 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on this pill for 3 months and am now switching. I didn't get pregnant so that's the only advantage. My mood swings were out of wack when I first started the pill. I have headaches, am tired all the time, tender boobs, severe cramping, bad acne and heavy periods. I ended up with a cyst in my left boob too. My sex drive increased and I was more wet during intercourse than my last pill. Everyone's body is different, this one wasn't right for me."

Madi3005 February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"When I first started it I got really emotional & would get irritated easily but that all subsided after the first month or so. No weight gain, no acne, no pregnancy lol. But about the only downfall to this medication is that if I don't eat quite a bit right before I take it, I'll wake up in the middle of the night feeling nauseous & not able to go back to sleep. I can't just eat a cracker or some chips & take it, my stomach has to be full. Different medications effect everyone differently so that might just be me but I'm kinda curious as to whether anyone else has had this side effect from this medication?"

Brittnayyyy (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on this for a year or two, I had been on birth control since I was 13 up-to age 22 to regulate my periods. Let's just say this is a NO GO for high triglycerides and also if you're smoking. I ended up in the hospital with Severe Acute Necrotizing Pancreatitus caused from very high triglyceroids which this pill attributed to and also a Pulmonary Embolism ( blood clot)."

Cassie1193 January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched to this birth control from Gildess fe 1/20 (It made me depressed intensified my anxiety and I was having two periods a month). At first I was skeptical from initial water retention and moodiness but after the first month was over all those initial issues disappeared."

Hypochondriac2.0 January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was put on this birth control pill in preparation for IVF. I've been on other birth control brands in the past and have never had an experience like this! It's only been one week and I am MISERABLE. Incredibly depressed, emotional, fatigued and unmotivated. I've also noticed a huge appetite increase. In the beginning I was also super nauseous but that is fairly typical in my experience. I know that different pills have different effects on people and it takes a while to adjust but as I said, I've been on multiple brands and none has ever been this bad. All I want to do is sleep, eat, and cry. Good times."

Apriexperience (taken for less than 1 month) January 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Apri a year and 4 months ago. When I first started, I was 175. I'm currently 210. My appetite has increased tremendously. It doesn't make me very moody, although I was depressed for a couple of months (maybe that could have been due to school). I've missed as many as 3 days and was still fine. My sex drive has decreased just a little, but nothing too major. My cycle is very regular and only lasts 3-4 days. I cramp, but not every cycle. Overall, it's decent."

Coley Coley January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"horrible lost all sex drive, was hungry all the time, cried for no reason, really annoyed 24/7, felt like a monster, made me self-conscious and feel worthless. stopped after 2 weeks."

jjbygvgtf (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started Apri after switching from a birth control where I'd only get my period once every three months. My partner said I was very moody during the first couple of months after switching, but I've since mellowed out. I've noticed my sex drive has decreased to being nonexistent except for during my period week. Other than the decreased sex drive, this pill works fine for clearing my skin and preventing pregnancy. I've noticed slightly heavier cramps than normal, but they're not unbearable."

raginasian2 December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was on it for 2 years and it's cleared my skin and kept my periods insanely regular (I could tell you down to a 6 hours time frame when my period was coming). However, it left me fatigued and unmotivated. My school work suffered due to that. I may even say I had very mild depression while taking this. Not the pill for me."

gdsfjoygbsjkufvdsjkydvbsdh December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 19 and have been on this pill for 4 months now and have realized many changes. Some pros are that my acne has cleared up and excess hair slowed its growth rate but the cons outweigh the pros. I have terrible mood swings, headaches and nausea when i never had that before. My sex drive is nearly non existent. My periods are more controlled but they are very heavy and leave me very tired. I have gained 15 pounds in 4 months despite getting 2 hours of exercise almost everyday. I thought this pill would help my hormones levelled and help my depression, but has made my relapses far between but much more intense when they happen. overall, it gets the job done, but if you can, try a different pill."

Mar$ December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This pill is overall good. It made me have perfect skin, lighter and shorter periods etc. It also made my breasts grow two sizes and they would be very tender a lot of the time. But the bad outweighed the good. I was very moody, when I was PMSing people couldn't be around me. It made me cry over everything. Also, I couldn't drink! Even after one shot, or a glass of wine I would feel very nauseous and immediately throw up. I didn't think it was the pill at first, I was on it for over a year, but then when I got off of the pill I was able to drink again normally and wouldn't throw up at all...so I had an alcohol intolerance because of the pill."

Sheila G. December 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"For the most part, my experience on this medication has been very positive. It makes me feel better, my skin has cleared up, and my hair and nails even look healthier. However, I have noticed some weight gain (10 lbs) or so and I cannot seem to lose it. However, compared to other medications this is one of the few I can tolerate."

Starlight1234 November 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is one of those drugs that sneak up on you been on this shit for 8 months the first couple months I felt fine but by the 6th month I started having horrible pregnancy symptoms even though I wasn't pregnant and overall I've had anxiety attacks depression spells and I've gained water weight from the pills. I have no sex drive whatsoever. I've been on other pills and they almost killed me with allergic reactions or panic attacks."

Ceezee November 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"completely lost every bit of sex drive i had. gained about 10 pounds, mostly in my breast. helped my acne slightly."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This birth control failed and I am due in May. Do NOT take this birth control as it leads to childbirth and mood swings. I hope this helps."

Marie Lou (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was switched from Loestrin 21 to Apri a few months back because my periods were irregular and my doc thought Apri would be better for me. I like that there's placebo pills in Apri cause I was awful at taking 21 day packs. The first couple months were a little tough adjusting to the higher dose of hormones. I was super emotional! But that's normal. I'm on month 5 now and things are fine. I'm still a little emotional, but only "cry at something dumb" emotional. Nothing I can't handle. My periods are light and I barely have any pain. Close to no acne. My boobs seemed to have grown a bit, so that's cool. My sex drive seems to be a tiny bit lower, but I never had a crazy high sex drive in the first place. My husband and I still have a healthy sex life. I might have gained like 5 pounds or less but that might be because of my lazy ass and not the birth control :) best of all, I haven't gotten pregnant! I recommend Apri. Give it a chance and let yourself adjust to the hormones."

AllynApri November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on this pill for about 2 and a half years now. I started taking it when I was 16 and I'm now 19. It's been my first and only birth control and I was put on it because I had insanely irregular periods. My periods were always super heavy and lasted around 7 days. This made me completely regular, gave me way lighter periods that last at most 5 days, lowered my mood swings and reduced my cramps. I've never once experienced any nausea or negative side effects from taking the pill. Everyone's gotta find the right pill for them and this is definitely mine."

Freakfury November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was 17 when I used apri 21 .now 20 ..It releived my irregular periods BUT I also got multiple blood clots in the lungs and are now infertile this medication nearly killed me this shouldn't be sold"

BrokenHippie. November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Seems fine so far. Half way into my second pack and no changes except I'm not pregnant!"

Seems to do it's job. (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So, this is the only pill I've ever been on, so I don't have much to compare it too. However, after reading all the negative reviews, I felt I should chime in. I'm on my second month of this pill and I'm almost done with it. So far, it's actually helped regulate my weight which is awesome. The first month was kind of rough, I was spotty the entire pack. Once I started up the second pack, everything cleared up and I've been good since! Worst part of this pill: no sex drive. It really does dry you up. I'm hoping this clears up after the 3rd pack because my doctor told me to give it until then."

kels05 October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'd say this is a good/decent pill overall, but pills are decidedly not for me - too annoying to keep track of the time I take it each day, and my already large boobs grew! I don't think I've gained much, if any, weight other than in my chest, but I've had some nausea every day I take the active pill and I might be running a bit warmer/sweatier than my normal temperature. I've felt a little blue but I'm very sensitive to hormones (I have PMDD and take antidepressants for it). I know it's been effective so far because I have migraines when I ovulate and no migraines on the pill, so I'm taking that to mean I'm not ovulating! Probably just gonna use condoms from now on, though, tbh."

pocketwolf (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have had no side effects since being on Apri, which I switched to from a similar kind that wasn't covered by insurance."

An0nymous123 August 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I switched to Apri because my insurance company didn't approve Tri Lo MARZIA. I got put on birth control because of my heavy periods. After a week on Apri, I started to have migraines every 3 days. I would throw up and it would make me really moody and I would cry at the drop of a hat. When we told the insurance company what was going on, they wouldn't pay for the Tri Lo Marzia. So, I got a GoodRX card to help with the cost."

FallenR August 2, 2016