User Reviews for Prolia

Osteoporosis 40 reviews 151 medications

3.5
Summary of Prolia reviews 40 reviews 3.5

Reviews for Prolia

For Osteoporosis "While the bone test indicated a slight improvement, I don't feel it is worth it. The first time I had the Prolia shot, I had no reaction. After the second shot, my hair began to fall out in bunches. It has continued to fall out and it looks as though I will have to wear a wig. Has anyone else had this problem and does it go away after the drug wears off? I will never take another dose of Prolia and would not recommend it after reading all the negative posts on this site. It would seem that my problem is small compared to others."

George Schlink (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2016

For Osteoporosis "one shot in march 2016 and have experienced the worst seven months of my life, begun with a headache so bad i had an MRI three weeks after the shot another two weeks before the headache stopped then the infections started ear ,bladder ,kidneys and chest it has been a living hell ,cost a fortune and i cant even translate the pain and suffering, it would take a book that no one wants to read and its not done with me after seven months have a chest infection now that i can not get rid of ,worst experience of my life !!!"

Anonymous October 16, 2016

For Osteoporosis "had 3 shots shot #1. the provider knew nothing other than she was supposed to administer the shot. #2. did explain some what info of the shot. #3. did not know where on the arm for the injection......Should have not taken #3. several days after each shot sweated at night,. the bone between knee and hip hurt tremendous for several days, had heasdaches......it has been 2 years since last prolia shot. MAYBE THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF ALL HAD STARTED CORRECTLY. EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN IS IMPORTANT FOR ADMINISTING ANY DRUGS TO PATIENTS"

j free October 8, 2016

For Osteoporosis "This drug is a life saver. I tried Actonel and Fosamax with poor results. I experienced bone pain and flu like symptoms for weeks on end. After seeing an endocrinologist it was decided I try Prolia. NO side effects at all. Not even soreness at the injection site. I just received my 3rd injection and 2nd bone density test. Density is up 7-8% in spine and hip. I am thrilled."

AnnieNemous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2016

For Osteoporosis "58 years old. Had the Prolia injection for newly diagnosed osteoporosis 3 months ago. Experienced flu-like symptoms for 2 weeks; muscle aches, constant burping, loose stools, extreme fatigue in thigh muscles. The manufacturer side effects list included depression. I wouldn't classify it as that, but, I definitely felt very exasperated for a couple of weeks, and, just not my usual cheery self. Then it all went away. I have no symptoms now & I don't know if it's helped my disease or not."

Shorty! (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Please do your homework before taking this awful drug. My Dr. never told me about any potential side effects and I got them ALL. So sick for months with severe lower back pain radiating around the front. Severe upper GI issues with nausea and haven't been able to eat for months. Lost 15 lbs so fast that my skin is all wrinkles and lose. I look 20 years older than before taking this drug. Spent so much time at Dr's trying to figure out what was wrong with me and all tests came back negative. Only possible thing is Prolia shot. Headaches, chronic fatigue, poor sleep. Ended up in ER thinking I was having a heart attack...pain was debilitating. At least I found out my heart is good. Have had 3 additional episodes like this. BEWARE"

Jill cookie September 17, 2016

For Osteoporosis "The Prolia is helping with my bone density. I am allergic to Actinol, Boniva, Envista etc. I have taken my third shot three weeks ago. I have experienced blisters between my toes, the bottom of my feet peeling off, rash, small pinpoint red dots on my skin, a cough, stomach discomfort, bleeding sores on my face and my cholesterol has gone up the the highest point of my life! I have also gained 10 pounds that are almost impossible to lose. I'll see what my cholesterol level is in another 6 months. I believe it should be down by then."

yoga1244 August 30, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I am in the UK and therefore am 'lucky enough' not to have paid for my treatment. However I understand this is a relatively expensive drug for the National Health Service to prescribe. I have had two six monthly doses and I will certainly not be having the third and that is despite having severe osteoporosis . I have experienced no positive results from this drug, only debilitating pain, stiffness and general flu' like symptoms which come and go regularly day and night with no prior warning. My worst experience was a spot on my lower jaw bone that grew until it literally erupted, leaving a 2mm diameter hole in the side of my face. ( 2 months of antibiotics ) I can find no positive feedback to justify this drugs side effects."

Tu'pence (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 26, 2016

For Osteoporosis "After two shots, had swelling in both elbows, stiff neck and pain. I am not sure prolia is the cause but I will not risk it again or any drugs for osteoporosis. My immune system was compromised too and I have had several illnesses. I went from an active fit person to not being able to perform simple everyday tasks without big pain. I have had the worst 6 months of my life. Avoid this medication!"

Layla Cat July 28, 2016

For Osteoporosis "1 shot, due another in August and wondering. Constipation very severe, fatigue, hip pain, upper arm pain and shooting pains in head. I do not know if there are other options available and scared to take second shot in case things get worse."

G109 July 20, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Can anyone tell me how long it stsys in your system please? Had only one injection, won't have another but want to know if these awful side effects will subside in time now that ive decided to stop them. Thankyou."

C.Moore. July 10, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Various side effects including fractures in both feet and bad pain and aching in right leg making it almost impossible to walk and keeping me awake and in pain. It is time for my third Prolia shot and I have suffered from this for two months and am no better. This has not been a positive experience but a bad and painful one leaving me unable to get out and preform any daily task or functions."

Lake woman (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 10, 2016

For Osteoporosis "After getting my 2nd Prolia injection, I've had the worst 4 months of my life!! Within a couple weeks, I went from a very young 70 yr old to a 90 year old woman. My back and hips have been so painful, that I have to wear a stiff back support to be able to move. Even with this, I can't stand up straight. I am awakened at night because of the pain and I can't turn over in bed. I am constantly achey and tired. Before Prolia, I was extremely active. I worked with a personal trainer twice a week for six months, before the 2nd injection, but now, I have probably lost all the muscle, strength and flexibility I gained. I put my gym membership on hold, until I can move, again, without pain. Prolia is the worst!!!!!"

GramJ2many (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 27, 2016

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I am having severe jaw pain, almost unbearable. It is one of the most horrible experiences I have ever gone through. Will not take this drug again. What is strange is that I didn't have a problem until after the second shot. Since then have not only teeth pain but sick with sore throat and cold. Also bad digestive problems."

Jude j June 13, 2016

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I did not know nor was I given any information on this injection. About 1 month in I experienced hair loss in places. Have a tingling around the lips. I felt very nauseous on and off out of the blue. Am very tired and just cannot get rid of chest infection/cough which just seems to be on loop... I think it's clearing up then it hits again. I will not get this injection again. Nothing is conclusive about the cause of what I am experiencing."

Prolix May 30, 2016

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "This has been the worst experience of my life. Two shots of Prolia and nothing but constant pain. Every bone in my body hurts, literally. I feel just awful all day long. Tired, washed out, constant pain that has been, at times, debilitating. Had to use crutches for two days when I developed severe hip pain and again when I developed sever knee pain. I am eating ibuprofen like it was a bag of M & M's. My cholesterol went high and I have never had a problem with cholesterol in my life (found out that it was yet another side effect). I have been to the ER twice and the walk-in clinic three times since starting Porlia. Two shots and I am done with it, no more."

Oucheeeee! May 28, 2016

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "From the start I began to experience side effects. The most bothersome are the extreme sweating episodes followed by chills at least 12 times a day or more. In addition other side effects are more pain in my lower back and hips as well as a rash with associated itch on my upper back. I will never get another Prolia shot!!! Wish I knew there would be so much discomfort!"

MaryAnn468754 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

For Osteoporosis "I have been on Prolia for approximately two years. Just this year ( my 5th injection) I did experience sore muscle/joint pain in my hips. About 4 months ago I developed dermatitis around the corners of my eyes, nose, mouth, and along both sides of my neck. I've never had allergies before. Also, I'm dealing with a feeling of deep exhaustion. I'm not sure whether this is due to Prolix. If my next bone density doesn't show marked increase, I will ask my physician for a change in med. one note--I faithfully exercise 3-4 times weekly with a trainer, take calcium, and eat green veggies and foods with calcium/D."

Oh M May 1, 2016

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "This drug has been a nightmare . I have experienced unexplained bone pain in lower left leg and a breakout of bleeding gums and mouth sensitivity. I did not get any info from prescribing endodocrinologist except that it was a safe drug and that he had prescribed it to his mother! This has been a very expensive lesson in terms of dental cost and extremely detrimental to my health and well- being."

Diamondye April 28, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Terrible, have sciatica and severe leg in other leg"

Jessica A. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2016

For Osteoporosis "Prolia shot given July 26, 2012!. Immediately had every dermatological problem listed in the ad:Itching, rash all over body except for face, extreme pain, dry skin, repeated biopsies, thousands of dollars for doctors, prescriptions, lotions and potions. Left calf's skin completely peeled off like the bark of a tree and has never recovered four years later!! Even now it is again broken out in oozing rashes around the ankle, but the entire leg hurts. I must keep the hair on my legs shaved very close or when I am exercising in the Y pool, the leg is painful just with the movement of the tiny hairs in the water. The pain is inside as well as on the surface of my skin. These bad side effects continue! Have pictures of early rash available."

Mary Faris Hazelworth (Actual) (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2016

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I will never have this shot again. It made my skin loose & wrinkled. Researchers don't have a clue if this helps bones or not. I can tell you I completely reget trying prolia.And hate seeing Blythe Danner doing this commercial."

Jan Adams (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I had my first injection Oct 2015 and due again in April. Is the 2nd shot any better than the first one. Flu like systems the first couple of days, then constant constipation, acid reflux, extremely tired, itching. My Doctor told me I could not have any dental work done while on this drug, such as root canal. What other drugs can you take ? or is natural the best way. If you speak to naturopaths they claim these drugs throw your entire immune system out. Stay away from injections."

Patricia McLaughlin (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2016

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Headaches, lower back pain, visual problems, increased reflux, foot swelling, fatigue"

Nickname 233 March 8, 2016

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "About 3 days after my Prolia shot, I had severe pain in my lower back, right side. Very different from regular lower back pain due to aging. My doctor prescribed physical therapy ( not believing it was due to the Prolia injection) which provided temporary relief. But guess what!!! At the 6 month point, when the Prolia was out of my system, THE PAIN WENY AWAY. Duh. In the past I took fosamax (for 6 yrs) with no side effects. But...I am done with patent medicines. Am reading the book Your Bones, and plan on following their "natural" approach. I did report my experience to the FDA; my doctor (who I really like) didn't react very seriously to my concerns, only listed it as an an allergy on my chart. Don't docs ever talk to the FDA????????"

DMD88 February 20, 2016

126 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate