User Reviews for Prolia

Osteoporosis 62 reviews 152 medications

3.9
Summary of Prolia reviews 62 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Prolia

For Osteoporosis "I don't think it's that bad... yet. I've only had one shot on June 2, 2017, so maybe it hasn't happened yet? maybe? Sure, I have leg and muscle pains, but I did before too. There isn't anything unusual to report... but it hasn't been even two months yet. This shot is not like Forteo which is absolutely the best osteoporosis shot imaginable... but you can only take that a couple years max. The biggest complaint I can think of with this stuff is that you will lose bone mass really, really fast and be much more likely to fracture once you stop taking it for six months. And that is a scary thought. For that I give it a 6,0"

stargazer0606 July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Received 1st Prolia shot May 15th. Went to Dr. July 14th to find out why my upper legs hurt so bad. X-rays didn't show anything so was being referred to physical therapy to see if that would help. And then I saw a commercial about Prolia with one of the side effects being leg pain! Unbelievable I thought. Have some of the other side effects too. Urgent urination and rapid weight gain. I should have googled side effects before having the shot. No more shots for me."

bonehealth (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Will never take it again worst experience in my life. Took it twice the first time rashes all over my back spend a lot of money going to the dermatologist. Second time severe pain in the body specially in both legs still going to Dr to try to solve the problems. On top of that lots of headache. Can't sleep at night with pain in my legs. No one should have to go through that much suffering to treat an illness. FDA should stop this drug on the market. Not recommended for anyone."

MR Hillcrest, NY 2017 July 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Had mild hip pain before , but after the prolia injection it increased to a full blown 10 in pain :( feels like my bones actually have gotten weaker while on this medication."

Esvergara21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I submitted my first review on April 13. Today it's June 4 th and still SUFFERING with daily pain from the drug."

Suse 50 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Three days after receiving my first Prolia injection I developed a cough, which turned into bronchitis & was treated with antibiotics - bad luck, a coincident I thought. A month later my life change with severe bone pain in my right jaw, I had lock jaw 5 times. Pain in my right shoulder, ribs, my neck was so stiff, but worse was my lack of immobility, my morning walk to the bathroom was just like watching Frankenstein walk, I couldn't move any faster because of the pain. Getting on the toilet one off the toilet was a major event. Turning in bed was excruciating and sometimes impossible, this lasted the whole of the summer 2015, which eventually tampered off to where I am today. Worst experience of my life. No more Prolia for me."

Tillygirl May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Insomnia, fatigue, confusion"

Bug woman May 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Leg pain & back pain, constant: relieved somewhat with Aleve due for repeat Dexascan next month: will not continue this medication regardless of results of Dexascan!"

MonroeB (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "After taking fosamax for 5 years I was prescribed Prolia in June 2013, I have been hospitalised on 4 occasions with back spasms so severe it took over 2 hrs to get me in the ambulance fully medicated, I then spent 8-10 days in hospital each time waiting for the spasms to stop, after being discharged each time had to use a walker for a week because I couldn't stand longer than a few steps because of the damage the spasms had caused. No doctor has been able to give me answers until 4 days ago after spending another day in hospital because I spent 2 hrs on the floor in a shopping centre that Prolia is more than likely the reason. I also have ankles which are the size of the tops of my legs, this too has only been in the last 3yrs"

mia from melbourne aus (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Days after receiving my Prolia injection, I experienced vertigo, high blood pressure, and fatigue. Now I am on meds for the high blood pressure, and vertigo. It has been a month,and the vertigo is not controlled enough for me to continue my Yoga classes. I will never get another shot."

CannM April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Have had 3rd injection. No side effects what so ever. Bone density in hips increased 6.5% and 1.9% in spine. 57 yr old. with osteo since 52 yo. Have had gum disease since 30's. Maybe some increase in symptoms, but would rather have bad mouth than break hip. Other than cost, highly recommend."

JEvansRogers April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "For Osteoporosis: In 2014 the Dr. prescribe me Prolia due to its stronger potency, along with the continued Cal-VitD tablet. Though my bone density increased some % since taking Prolia, starting one year ago I was feeling a constant back pain, from right to left of my hip, now and constantly 90% on the left side, I was diagnosed with weakness of the last 5 lumbar vertebrates. I do pilates reformer since 4 years ago as a therapy three times a week, walk almost every day 4-5 Km and play golf 1-2 x week, I used to be very actvive, but this back pain is really hurting and making me depressed. "

RBCbenito April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I was diagnosed with Osteo in 2010 and was put on Fosamax, along with a daily dose of calcium-VitD. tablet. In 2014 the Dr. changed my prescription to Prolia due to its stronger potency, along with the continued Cal-VitD tablet. Though my bone density increased 10% since taking Prolia, I feel the side effects may out weigh any positive bone density increases. With constant jaw pain, I also have unusual problems with my teeth; constant infections, pain in one tooth or another, and Root Canal Treatments needed. I suffer insomnia, something I never had pre Prolia. With no warning or trigger I have constant blood blisters in my mouth, some as big as 5cent pieces. My cholesterol has increased. I feel unusually tired & have regular leg cramps."

L.Stone (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I was prescribed Prolia by my endocrinologist 4 years ago for osteopenia. My experience with it is 90% positive; it has completely reversed my bone loss, and my bones are continuing to improve (I'm in my mid 60s and have experienced declining bone density since menopause in 2004). No side effects, except for possible lower back pain which my specialist did say may happen. Not sure whether Prolia caused this, as it only happened once; I spend a lot of time working out and may have hurt my back then. Great drug! Fantastic for bone loss; highly recommended if you don't experience side effects. Beats nasty bisphosphanates hands down! Downside is the cost; this drug isn't covered by Medicare (in Australia) unless you have had a fracture."

SandyKatz (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "My Mom got this shot a month ago and her life has been hell. Extreme pain that she ended up in the hospital getting injections for pain and on morphine. Extreme headaches to where she can not function along with god awful headaches. Jaw pain, muscle cramps, fevers, stomach issues, bladder issues. short time memory issues, and with all this happening she is now depressed from all the issues which now gives her anxiety wondering if these will go away or not. The sad thing is that not all the symptoms right after the shot. They show up weeks later and no one can tell you how long they will last,"

shaylealynn March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I will be getting 4th shot next wk thus far I have had no side effects. My dexas can shows some improvement. I hope continues as I have had numerous broken bones an would be grateful for it to work"

Biller March 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Have had other medications but to no avail. But was put on Prolia and so far have had 2 injections and feel very good in myself. But like others l also take other vitamins every morning which has been prescribed, and along with these l feel fine. Will need another in six months,"

Have osteoporosis (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "Had first Prolia shot 9 days ago and it has been debilitating. Will not get another! It is not worth the pain and discomfort. I have had major bladder problems, chills, fatigue, all the bones in my back ache, I can't sleep at night. I have to take Advil to relieve back pain or I can't function. Can't leave the house for long because of bladder issues. I called my Oncologist about possible bladder infection and was promptly advised that was not a side effect of Prolia even though bladder issues was listed as a possible serious side effect! I hope I don't have to suffer from this one shot as long as others have - it is truly life style restricting. I wish I had read these reviews before getting my 1st (and ONLY) shot."

Judith S (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I received two Prolia shots because I was prescriped Femara after breast cancer. Prolia was supposed to offset the bone loss caused by Femara. I had a lot of pain in my muscles and bones after the first injection but thought I would get used to it. After the 2nd injection I could hardly walk. It has been 7 months since the injection and if anything the pain is debilitating. I can't walk without a walker or cane, cannot turn over in bed at night. As far as the bone loss I have no idea if it helped but one thing I do know I will never take another injection of Prolia. I would prefer the bone loss to the constant pain. I believe if I took the 3rd I would die. I was a very active 71 year old, mowed the yard, trimmed bushes, NOT NOW .."

firecrackergranny February 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I love the twice a year shot. The company is.awesome and very helpful. But....1st shot no side effects, 2nd shot left groin pain for about a week, 3rd shot and now right sided groin pain since October that goes to my thigh, hip and pelvic bone. Pain is severe at times. Also thyroid problem is worse (not sure if related) and right side lower back pain. I can no longer take the medication."

Terrie227 January 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "I been on prolia for 2.5 years Just this last one I have noticed more pain in my arm. Going on 2 weeks. Other than that I have had no problem prior. I will continue taking it as long as I can afford it."

HolyTrinidad December 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "My mom has been given Prolia twice, 6 months apart. Each time, she had a series of mini strokes a week after the shot were administered. Her face and left arm would go numb, accompanied by nausea. The mini strokes would last 1-2 minutes, and repeat 4-5 times a day. She was put on blood thinners after the first episodes. Any testing done did not reveal anything. is this yet another side effect of Prolia? Has anyone else experienced this? She will not take this drug again!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "While the bone test indicated a slight improvement, I don't feel it is worth it. The first time I had the Prolia shot, I had no reaction. After the second shot, my hair began to fall out in bunches. It has continued to fall out and it looks as though I will have to wear a wig. Has anyone else had this problem and does it go away after the drug wears off? I will never take another dose of Prolia and would not recommend it after reading all the negative posts on this site. It would seem that my problem is small compared to others."

George Schlink (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "one shot in march 2016 and have experienced the worst seven months of my life, begun with a headache so bad i had an MRI three weeks after the shot another two weeks before the headache stopped then the infections started ear ,bladder ,kidneys and chest it has been a living hell ,cost a fortune and i cant even translate the pain and suffering, it would take a book that no one wants to read and its not done with me after seven months have a chest infection now that i can not get rid of ,worst experience of my life !!!"

Anonymous October 16, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoporosis "had 3 shots shot #1. the provider knew nothing other than she was supposed to administer the shot. #2. did explain some what info of the shot. #3. did not know where on the arm for the injection......Should have not taken #3. several days after each shot sweated at night,. the bone between knee and hip hurt tremendous for several days, had heasdaches......it has been 2 years since last prolia shot. MAYBE THINGS WOULD HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT IF ALL HAD STARTED CORRECTLY. EXPLAIN, EXPLAIN IS IMPORTANT FOR ADMINISTING ANY DRUGS TO PATIENTS"

j free October 8, 2016