User Reviews for Collagenase clostridium histolyticum

1.8

Summary of Collagenase clostridium histolyticum reviews 2.2 12 reviews

Reviews for Collagenase clostridium histolyticum

Penisnomore September 10, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "Warning to men considering this treatment for Peyronie's. I had a curvature to the left which I wish for the love of God I had back. After months of treatments with Xiaflex I now how have it right in the top middle and worse than ever. Penis shrinkage and all. Hurts like hell to have sex, not to mention the emotional part. It is embarrassing. I do not know what to do."

Sexlifegone · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 6, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Peyronie's 2018. My primary physician sent me to a urologist who recommended Xiaflex injections. He said that the success rate was high. Well, that was a false statement. Xiaflex ruined my sex life and now instead of having curvature on the left side of my penis, it's now moved on top which the curvature is worse then ever. This has been an emotional struggle for me and don't know what to do. I'm sure a lot of men with this condition are struggling as well with emotions. My advice to all men with Peyronie's disease. DON'T GET INJECTIONS! IT DOESN'T WORK!"

Mongo · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 19, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "Three series of 2 injections (2 injections-1 injection, then the other in 2 days, 3 months between series, had 6 shots in 9 months). Horribly expensive and very uncomfortable during and after injections. No improvement---worthless---a medical businessman's scam. At least a auto mechanic guarantees his work."

Bob May 13, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "I couldn't complete the full treatment of 4 double injection cycles. During the 3rd cycle, after both injection #5 & #6, I developed excruciating pain, radiating from my hips to my knees. Both times, the pain was so intense, I lost control of my legs and fell to the floor. The pain lasted 15 minutes. The doctor told me no other patient had experienced that reaction. During a subsequent visit, I was told that a second patient had. The treatment did decrease the Peyronie's bend from 40º to 30º. Another serious, negative side effect was that flaccid and erect penis length and girth shrank dramatically after treatment. The doctor attributed it to the Peyronie's disease, but I took pictures just before Xiaflex treatment, (10 months after the onset of Peyronie's) and after treatment, and the size difference is dramatic. "

Mike · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 24, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "Useless after five shots :("

Jack · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "Received the injection in my left hand, about 6 hours later ended up in the emergency room with my lymph glands under my left armpit about the size of a baseball. Next day it turned black and blue. Procedure was not successful and following year went under the knife. I would not recommend this expensive alternative."

Dude · Taken for less than 1 month January 10, 2019

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "Before 1-07-19 I thought the benchmark for pain was the night I had to undergo an emergency bladder catheterization for another issue. The Xiaflex injection that I just experienced completely erased that unpleasant memory with a brand new horrifying one. The next day when my hand was injected with novocaine before the manipulation was almost as bad as the Xiaflex. I briefly glanced at my hand when the procedure was complete and saw that my fingers were back to their normal position. My point is simple. As medicine advances isn't the comfort of the patient supposed to be a main part of the equation? I had Needle Aponuerotomy on two previous occasions and the discomfort was minor compared to this, not to mention less expensive to all concerned. My other hand is also due and I would rather live under a freeway bridge that go through Xiaflex again. I'm definitely going back to N.A. even if I have to go out of network and pay out of my pocket."

M Kevin · Taken for less than 1 month September 14, 2018

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "I thought I would try this less invasive alternative to hand surgery. I had 45 degree bend in both hands effecting the pinkies. The injection was painful for a few seconds and my hand was wrapped so I could not move the finger. Two days later my surgeon manipulated the finger. He injected me with a numbing agent which again was painful for a few seconds. The manipulation was successful in both hands but one had a skin tear that needed attention post-op. I performed PT afterwards and wore a splint at night for three months. All was fine until the cord returned on both hands to the same degree as before. This occurred within one year. Therefore I rate the result as a one. I subsequently had hand surgery to remove the effected tissue and the results have been exceptional after four years. Basis my experience I would not suggest the Xiaflex treatment alternative. The success rate is too low and the cost and pain too high. Find a good hand surgeon, under go the PT and be happy with the results."

John · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 21, 2018

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "Absolute waste of time and money. Even after my PPO coverage I was still left owing more than $3,000. It was VERY painful and only a few months after the treatment my hands are back the way they were before I started. This is despite hand therapy 3 times a week and wearing a brace while sleeping. DO NOT HAVE THIS TREATMENT!! Find another way - I suggest Needle aponeurotomy which I did several times with great success."

Arthur dent July 15, 2017

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "Painful, expensive and useless treatment. I have extensive dupuytrens. No follow up whatsoever. Immediate results seemed hopeful, but regressed almost immediately despite pt and stretching regimen. No difference whatsoever from pre treatment condition after 6 months."

BingoReed13 December 29, 2016

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Peyronie's Disease: "Never had it, but need it."

Amelia Tejera Valdivia · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 28, 2016

Xiaflex (collagenase clostridium histolyticum) for Dupuytren's contracture: "A very positive experience without noside effects."

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)