User Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir

Also known as: Stribild

HIV Infection 9.5

Reviews for Cobicistat/elvitegravir/emtricitabine/tenofovir

33southUK · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 11, 2020

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “Part of START trial in the UK to decide when is best time to start meds, was in the deferred group so means I started later with meds. They decided everyone should get meds from the trial. My partner was on a combination of two tablets and I was lucky and got Stribild which was one tablet to take daily. With stribild my last test was undertectable and 1050 cd4 so super happy. It makes me go for a poo more frequently which is okayyy but a bit annoying maybe I just eat too much anyway, maybe it helps/ I can easily take 6 tablets a week and it not be an issue, all I notice is that I can’t poo properly till I take a tablet. I have often forgot and taken when I remembered and it was okay not having all 7 it seems.”

Harry · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 17, 2018

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “First, thanks goes out there to all who post there experiences. I’m 67 years young and was devastated to receive a positive HIV. It really helped me reading positive reviews especially the ones closest to my situation. Initial tests: Viral load 450,000 at 13% with CD4 Count 0f 141. Boy was I scared. Started Stribild 2 Oct 2018 the day after results. Retested 14 Nov 2018, about 6 weeks later. Viral load 177 and CD4 405. I got shingles and bronchitis shortly after starting Stribild and lost 25 LBs during the battle. I ate nothing but fruits and vegetables (Lots and Lots) and lean chicken. Still recovering from shingles, and optimistic that I will start regaining weight as CD4 count continues to rise. Had very little side affects from Stribild in first 2-3 weeks, but now nothing. Great drug so far. I see the doctor in 3 months. Will post again. Harry.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 7, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “Been on stribild for 30 days. Prior to treatment my viral load was 37,100, T count 378. After 30 days viral load is 45, T count is 578. I've had zero side effects I know don't even take it with food. Next DR visit is in 60 days, The DR and I expect to be a undetectable levels at next visit. I highly recommend this treatment.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir): “I'm on day 3 of stribild. I am HIV negative but use stribild as PrEP for full protection against infection. So far very well tolerated as a first time user. No signs or symptoms or side effects. Will take it daily for life.”

Denissss June 18, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I'm French . I'm using Stribld and I am coming to US . So where can I find Stribild and how Much is a box ?”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 17, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I used this medication for 28 days for PEP. While I have tested negative at 6 weeks, I have had the side effects of neuropathy (felt like Reynaud's syndrome) and reversible kidney stress (decreased potassium and phosphate, elevated creatinine). I believe this may be due to mitochondrial dysfunction, with many references to support this ”

Jesus01 · Taken for 10 years or more June 13, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I have been on Kaletra and Truvada for over 10 years. My CD4 is 960 ( took 10 years to get here) and my viral infection undetectable (undetectable since 3 months after I started meds 10 years ago). Many of you say you still feel someone bad, but that is because your new to the infection and your CD4's are under 500. Once you get over 500 you will begin to start feeling normal, but it is when you get to 650+++ is when you become healthy. This is a fact.”

Paul H. · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2017

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “Easy to take. A little leg pain (not sure if it's related to meds)...besides that absolutely no side effects. I take with a good meal.”

Blahblahblah bad · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 22, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “This stuff is killing us faster than the hiv and they are lying to us. Do your research people.”

NYguy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was devastated to hear the news but also relieved because I was having crazy eye issues and other weird things going on like warts and such. My cd4 as 224 and my VL was 250k per ML.. a bit high but not 1mill per ML like that other poster! . Anyway 2 mo with this RX and my CD is 380 and VL 38 perML... im almost there. Gilead copay (go to their site) made this RX free with my insurance.”

Txrascal September 14, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “All of my values have been very good. I've been positive since 1990 and on meds since 96. I'm having a hard time with stomach pain and kidney pain. Tried triumeq and experienced the same side effects. This is the first time I have experienced a problem with any hiv regimine. Trying to get in to see my dr to see what's going on.”

Newly to Stribild · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 18, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I can honestly say so far Stribild has saved me... On June 30th 2016 my counts were CD4 -73 Viral Load was 1.2 MILLION YES, 1.2 MILLION... I started Stribild on July 1st because the pharmacy had to overnight it . On July 28 I had another round of blood work, CD4 -300 and viral load 800... Yes In 28 days.. He expects me to be undetectable in my second month if not already. He actually is going to let me come back in 2 months now instead of the usual every month because he said this was astonishing. Hopefully Stribild continues to work for me!!”

PDX August 10, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “Just got results after 28 days of treatment. VL from 56k down to 85, CD4 from 160 to 207. No physical side effects at all. I take it at dinner time, no issues with sleeping after a week or so. Maybe some headaches early on, but really nothing now. Even with a beer or two in the evening, I don't even notice I take it! Hoping my T-cells continue to climb, and faster; should be below 50 copies and "undetectable" by next labs. My second round of CBC seems troublesome, but I'm hoping that's my system getting back to normal. Only supplements I take are protein/vitamin mix in the morning and one serving of matcha green tea a day (you all should really read about matcha green tea!). I hope the DR says I'm doing well in 3 days!”

PDX · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “So far so good, took first dose 21 hours ago. Tad foggy this afternoon, but really nothing else! VL=56k and CD4=160 @ first blood work 3 weeks ago. Go back in a month and will report results. Glad to have finally crossed the start line! Don't fear treatment or Stribild anymore, but dang the first 30 days knowing I have HIV were very tough.”

Alfie Lewis · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I am Alfie Lewis from Luxembourg I Never believed i was ever going to be HIV Negative again,Dr Olori has given me reasons to be happy, i was HIV positive for 2years and all the means i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about Dr Olori on how he was able to cure someone from HIV, this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him for any Disease problem that Dr Olori can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the trea”

Rob77 May 27, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “An update from my post in April 2013. I have been on Stribild for over two years now. I have been undetectable since (two months after starting). I have had no side effects and it's easy to take. I take it every morning with breakfast (that works for me). Stribild is great, I have no complaints. Gilead copay assistance makes my copay free; so that's fantastic as well. It's devastating to find out the news you're HIV positive but it's great to know there's medicines like Stribild to make that situation manageable.”

Myboys2 May 13, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I have been hiv positive for 10 years now..I only took meds while I was pregnant with both my kids...I just recently started taking Stribild going on 3 weeks ago. I haven't had my blood drawn yet and I'm a little worried. I've been on point with taking meds now but at first I missed 2 days in a row and then another day a week later! I have a 15 month old son and get so busy and distracted that I end up tired and forget to take. I have been doing much better though and haven't missed another dose. My VL when I started was 350,000 and cd4 was <11 smh! Hopefully when I go to dr I can have just as good results as some of you! I can say I do feel much better than I was off meds and I'm hoping that it is working”

Mushu March 24, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed in February 2001 with no symptoms at all. I went for a voluntary test and got the shock of my life. I was classified as a slow progresser for 15 years without treatment. My viral load was 900 in June 2015 and 425 cd4. In December 2015 viral load went up to 2020 and that was the highest its ever been in 16 years and cd4 400. My doctor suggested I start medication as it was never going to come down on its own but will continue going up. That got me scared but didn't want things to get worse and I had to take control,so after nearly 16 years, I started taking stribild on 22/12/15. After 6 weeks I had an undetected viral load. I have had no side effects whatsoever and I'm still undetected and feel happier that i'm in control”

Tacherd · Taken for less than 1 month March 20, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “Guys Stribild is amazing! My cd4 was 350 and viral load 100k. I started it last week and so far I haven't had any side effects! I feel more energised and happier if anything! It's amazing! Not even a headache or problem sleeping! I'm feeling so happy my body is taking it well! I got blood test duo in a month and I will let you guys know the results! Meanwhile, if you are reading this like me before starting the treatment, get on it you will feel happier and less anxious about it!”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 30, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I tested positive on October 4 th 2015. My Viral load was around 300,000 and my CD4 was 85. I was really sick feeling like I had the flu and chronic diarrhea. I went from 125 pounds to 108 in a month. It was very scary. I started on Stribild And Bactrim on October 7 th. I had side effects of nausea and headaches on and off for first 3 weeks but not horrible...... No worse than I was already feeling from HIV. After 30 days I retested and my viral load was down to 800!.... And was feeling much improved. I went back after another 60 days, I had gained back 12 pounds and retested both viral load and CD4. Should have the results back this week. So far this medication has been a god send, and with my insurance and Gilead co pay card.... free!”

Df01 January 24, 2016

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I got diagnosed in Nov of 2014 that I was HIV positive & my viral load was over 500,000 & c 6. I was started on Stribild in March of 2015 & when I went back a month later my blood work showed that my viral load was undetected & c 72. I had only minimal side effects for the first couple of weeks (mild headaches & tingling in fingers/feet) which went away shortly thereafter. I just went in for my checkup & my blood work showed my viral load is less than 20 & c 79. My doctor said this is normal especially if you're under stress but it will improve. I go back to see her in 3 months & will post the results later. I recommend Stribild to anyone that is apprehensive of taking drugs (as I was).”

Treatment issues · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 3, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was diagnosised 2005, went on regime was undetectable with normal CD4 count.My insurance changed in 2009, my doctors had to change my regime to covered HIV medicines.This begun a 4 year battle to get my virus under control. I went into full blown AIDS I was I never contracted an opportunistic infection. However the virus attacked my brain, my xboyfriend/best friend a nurse came to see me (he lived 2 hours away). He talked to numerous physicians, Stribild had just came out. I started to see the doctor he arranged for me to see. My CD4 count was 4, viral load >1 million. I'm totally serious only after one month of being on Stribild I was undetectable with CD4 count 200 . I deal with the nausea cause of it's miraculous effect on my virus.”

AlanH · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 29, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was diagnosed with AIDS in August 2015. My CD4 count was 79 and my viral load was 148,000. I started taking Stribild and after 3 weeks my CD4 count went up to 294 and my viral load was 50. I have had very little side effects. Unbelievable that in just 3 weeks I am pretty much undetectable! I kiss my bottle of Stribild everyday! I appreciate that Gilead has a copay program!”

Will-DG November 25, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was tested poz on Oct. 04, 2015. My CD4 was only 124, 12%, and viral load 161,000, I had Shingles in my right ear, technically, I had AIDS. I started Striblid on Oct. 14th. Just after 4 weeks, on Nov. 12th, my CD4 increase to 171, 16%, the most amazing thing is my viral load became undetectable, OMG. This is such an effective medicine. Just 4 weeks I am undetectable. The only side effect I have is nausea but most on the first 2 weeks. Thank Gilead for this medication.”

Johnny C · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 21, 2015

Stribild (cobicistat / elvitegravir / emtricitabine / tenofovir) for HIV Infection: “I was infected with HIV approximately 10 years ago. I'm now 62 years old. After watching my CD4 count drop from the first test of 900 to 450 over a 5 year period I decided to start meds. Went on a regime of Truvada/Norvir/Prezista for 3 years. My CD4 climbed to 1200 and I was undetectable but constant diarrhea caused me to switch to Stribild. I remain undetectable, my last four CD4 tests have been over 1500, and the diarrhea is much less frequent, in fact none in the past 6 months. Hope this continues and although costly, I give Stribild a big two thumbs up.”