User Reviews for Klonopin (Page 7)

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 121 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 490 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races."

smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2015

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Doing the medicines for restless legs syndrome, I started on Requip and the medicine worked well, but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I was fainting when I stood up. That was on 1mg of Requip. After 2 weeks of 'getting used to the medicine' I went back and asked to get changed out to something different and the Doc put me on Klonopin. No more fainting and I get a good nights sleep. I only take half a pill (1mg pills) before bed so I guess I'm not a hard core case. But it worked as a better alternative to Requip for me."

mws0606 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "sleep start shoulder and neck jerks"

siyal January 3, 2015

For Anxiety "Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep."

Anonymous December 27, 2014

For Anxiety "Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!"

Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2014

93 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you."

dirtypaws December 12, 2014

For Anxiety "I was originally prescribed 0.5 mg of Klonopin once a day with Zoloft 50mg once a day. It worked for a while but stopped and soon after, my doctor prescribed me to Klonopin 1mg once a day and Zoloft 100mg once a day.. After just three days I felt amazing results and like a changed person. No more stress, anxiety, panic or depression. Wonderful medicine to take. Just remember to meditate, walk, and stay outdoors to also help. You've got to also help yourself without relying on the medicines but they still work."

Doctorproctor November 29, 2014

143 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I suffer from Tinnitus, which causes me great anxiety. My doctor put me on Klonopin 3 times a day 0.5 mg along with Ambien and Celexa once a day. I feel so much better. I am able to ignore the noise, and when I do hear it...it don't go into panic mode. I am sleeping better than ever."

JuztaGirl November 23, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I was prescribed 3mg a day but don't want to take that much so I am trying hard to tapper to 2mg I am at 2.25mg. I still sometimes feel a little bit of anxiety not real bad but catch myself starting to get in my head and then I will breath and talk myself out of my head but why can't the medicine just keep me out of my head all the time. I never had any anxiety or panic disorder, I have always had manageable obsessive compulsive disorder. Will I ever feel like me again? I know if I am not careful I would become home bound and just sit and waste. I have a young daughter and it is not fair for her. The Klonopin does work but I feel like I can feel it wear off or that it is coming time for my next dose, or is that all in my crazy head."

blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Have been on Klonopin since 2004--it works the best for me. I've had 2 sleep studies, which have shown moderate RLS and PLMS, with some sIeep apnea. I have tried Requip, Sinemet and Mirapex, even getting the Dr. to up the dose of one of them, but did not have the immediate relief that Klonopin brings. I've had a bit of a hard time with my Dr. to fill the script, because it's a controlled substance. I've explained to him that I have not had to increase my Klonopin dosage much in the 10 years that I've been taking it (0.5mg to 1 mg). The one time I did not take it, I woke up 4 hours later like a bolt of lightning struck me. It's necessary for my PLMS, and to function in life!"

PLMSgal (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2014

For Anxiety "Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life."

kamoroj (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2014

252 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Made me EXTREMELY sleepy/Drowsy and didn't really feel a difference in my anxiety. Still searching."

EricaMora October 29, 2014

For Anxiety "I've been through a lot of loss in my life. Not quite sure if that's why but all of a sudden horrible panic attacks ! I also have equilibrium problems I can work and do most normal things but it's still a pain. My primary care prescribed this to me about 4 yrs ago. I love it. It definitely helps but now instead of a half milligram I am taking a whole once a day. But I guess my body has built a tolerance. "

81 October 29, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Works Amazingly!"

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

For Anxiety "This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now."

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

184 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting. "

Denise 10 October 20, 2014

For Anxiety "I have social anxiety & take this medication on an as needed basis. I have noticed a huge change in myself once I got the dosage right. I wouldn't be able to function in social situations without it."

Galieness615 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2014

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have."

bjsd October 18, 2014

203 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take 4mg of Klonopin per day. I have done so for more than two years. I went to a clinic where a "no benzo" policy was established and I was taken off the medicine. I went through two years of agony. Neurontin was given as a substitute...it made me depressed, and nauseous. I finally had to go to a private doctor to be put back on my Klonopin and am returning to normal. The only issue I would mention is that it is not a fast acting medicine."

Rickyt7 October 3, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works."

cwburke October 1, 2014

157 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

For Anxiety "My anxiety came out of the blue. I had been suffering from depression and waited until I was close to rock bottom before seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on Zoloft and for about 10 days I convinced myself it was all getting better...then WHAM! I started waking up with panic that was overtaking my entire body! I took Xanax just to go to sleep for an hour. A counselor tried to get me to do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises but I was too anxious to concentrate. I had to take off work because I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT FUNCTION! My Psychiatrist just put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. That's a lot but hopefully I can taper off soon & the Zoloft can do it's job. I can now think clearly and not panic at the simple thought of bathing!"

almostcrazy (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed"

SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

For Anxiety "I started getting anxiety about a year ago out of the blue. I had to go to the ER because I thought I was dying or something. All my tests came back negative. The doctor told me it was an anxiety attack. I got sent home with nothing. A few days later I had another one. I went to my PHP and put me on clonazepam. I try not to take them if I don't need it, but you never know when it may manifest. So I try to take half doses to make my script stretch and to also not be as dependent. I noticed that it works but to a less degree. I commute to school and work a full time job so my mind is always running. In a nutshell, this medication works."

Dnz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2014

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next