User Reviews for Klonopin (Page 7)

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 130 reviews 19 medications

Seizure Prevention 13 reviews 32 medications

8.3
Summary of Klonopin reviews 143 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "Hi, Almost two years ago, I started on a dose of 0.5mg of Klonopin twice a day (or as needed) along with 20 mg of Celexa (citalopram). I would say Klonopin is an effective drug and useful for treating anxiety and panic attacks. However, my advice would be to make sure that you are working with your doctor if deciding to cut down on/taper off of Klonopin. I weaned my dose off without talking to my doc a few times. Mostly OK (days of some side effects notwithstanding), however, once it was pretty bad. I recall feeling -- edgy -- all day at work, and then later that night feeling horrible. I didn't want to eat, I cried, and I kept having anxious thoughts. I would not recommend leaving Klonopin cold turkey unless you really feel ready."

ATLien (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "FINALLY relief of life long anxiety"

laloloooo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Where to start? Anxiety kicked in back in my childhood from a mother who needed HRT but it was not readily available back then and she, well, she hurt us a lot. Then about 4 years ago my husband was in a near fatal car accident and a year after that we had to put our daughter into a psych ward for about 3 weeks. Long story there, but my anxiety was out of control. Pounding heart as soon as I woke up and all day long. The thought of taking a shower was almost overwhelming. A shower! So my Dr put me on Klonopin. Amazing. Helped me so much. Then his clinic couldn't prescribe it for a few months due to laws that were passed and then amended. So I was off of it for about a year. So very horrible. But back on and grateful!!"

TwinOfAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2015

37 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been on this anxiolytic longer than any other, & I feel that it works the best at controlling my panic attacks."

Illcomm (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Best ever. I take very small amount and then a whole yellow pilll to sleep. It helps GAD, insomnia, and my RL S . I never and drive, nor do I use it work.Never make me high :) Works for me!!"

G$$ (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2015

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Helped my anxiety. Was already taking Lexapro added 0.5 mg of Klonopin no more anxiety attacks."

Christy4533 March 27, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Works great. As soon as I take it my anxiety its gone."

Gelly (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 26, 2015

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "This medicine helped with my anxiety a lot. I tend to get very anxious during the night and it can keep me up at times. I'm on 0.5 mg and its works great! I finally get to sleep and not constantly worry about things. Although one downside is when I wake up. I still feel sedated and tired for about 3 hours but overall a very good medicine."

Anon- March 26, 2015

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I am a very outgoing college student.. The type of person who can literally talk to anyone. However, when you put me on the spot or if I have to give a 10 minute presentation I can hardly think straight. My doctor was soo sweet and prescribed me 0.5 mg Clonazepam. I use it for situation anxiety. (Twice a month) and it has given me so much more assurance in myself. I also avoid caffiene when taking it before a presentation and I walk in the class way more focused on what I am going to say instead of worrying about my nerves!"

:-) March 19, 2015

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder "Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I cannot take antidepressants, so I was put n Xanax and then Ativan as needed. I have general anxiety without anxiety attacks and sleep okay but wake early. Dr. Recommended Clonazepam to take as needed. I take 0.5 mg. most days plus at night. Takes the edge of daytime anxiety and helps me sleep well at night. Dr. Said that the low dose I take should not cause problems if I stop and I have no withdrawal symptoms if I do not take any. I also do regular exercise which greatly helps my anxiety and a drink at night can help too."

Frantheman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have been through so many different treatments for my depression and social anxiety. When I started klonopin I was rx'ed 0.5mg daily but it did not help very well so doctor went up to 1 mg daily. All of my other treatments left me feeling suicidal or extremely angry. This one lets me get through my day without panicking when I am forced into conversation. However, I have been informed that this will likely have to be upped or changed in a few years as people tend to become tolerant of the drug."

ErinJ90 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 11, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Klonopin is the best benzodiazepine in my opinion for any sort of anxiety disorders. It helps me the most I have SAD GAD and PTSD. This medicine lets me feel calm, at ease, and I can speak my mind. .5mg is all one needs and it lasts about 8 hours for me, and the long half life keeps my anxiety levels lower than usual If I don't take it the next day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 8, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "It's the only medication that works for my social anxiety, and I have tried a lot of medications."

mikey0909 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 5, 2015

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I take as needed .5mg, more if needed. Works great, no side effects. Just knowing I have this 'safety net' gives me piece of mind."

JeffinMD February 15, 2015

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have anxiety disorder and ocd which has made me depressed over the years. I have tried various SSRI's and some antipsychotics, none of which seemed to help with my overwhelming anxiety obsessional thoughts and compulsions. They also gave me unwanted side effects. I am very scared when it comes to taking medication, and will only take a pill if i really need too. The only thing that seems to help in easing my mind is Klonopin! I have no noticeable side effects from taking it . It makes me feel like my old self, helps me to be focused and relaxed, and gives me the confidence to do more things. I would definitely recommend this medication for other anxiety sufferers out there."

fletchy77 (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Calm, sleep good, eat good, been on 5 years doing great."

1mg 3 daily (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2015

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have severe panic attacks and bipolar. I used to be on Xanax for six years. Now my Obamacare new Dr refuses. Klonopin doesn't help my panic attacks. A little calm but makes me very angry and mean. Not as strong as Xanax. Doesn't help anxiety attacks, takes too long. My heart still races."

smariedddd (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2015

47 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Doing the medicines for restless legs syndrome, I started on Requip and the medicine worked well, but it lowered my blood pressure so much that I was fainting when I stood up. That was on 1mg of Requip. After 2 weeks of 'getting used to the medicine' I went back and asked to get changed out to something different and the Doc put me on Klonopin. No more fainting and I get a good nights sleep. I only take half a pill (1mg pills) before bed so I guess I'm not a hard core case. But it worked as a better alternative to Requip for me."

mws0606 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "sleep start shoulder and neck jerks"

siyal January 3, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Makes me feel very depressed and anxious and agitated . It makes me feel suicidal and I can't sleep."

Anonymous December 27, 2014

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Recently I had a rough bout with anxiety. From out of nowhere I just lost faith in myself due to some life circumstances and an overload of work. I was losing sleep and spiraling downward at an amazing rate. I decided to talk to my doctor who prescribed Klonopin. With the first dose I felt immediate relief and to avoid dependency I only took 0.25 mg at night until I was started on an SSRI. My doctor favored the SSRI approach as better in the long run. After three months on Klonopin every day, and after the SSRI kicked in, I stepped off the Klonopin without any withdrawals like you read about on the internet. I think the key is to take the lowest dose you can or only as prescribed. The medicine worked wonders for me!"

Hman2552 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2014

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Reply to reviewer bjsd - I can't believe what you said in your post. I have experienced jolts and jerking of my right leg for 12 years. It took 11 years to find a doctor to take it seriously. My neurologist is going to start me on Klonopin so I enjoy reading the reviews. I have been on Ativan which helps but not much. Just knowing that I am not crazy helps so much. Thank you."

dirtypaws December 12, 2014

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I was originally prescribed 0.5 mg of Klonopin once a day with Zoloft 50mg once a day. It worked for a while but stopped and soon after, my doctor prescribed me to Klonopin 1mg once a day and Zoloft 100mg once a day.. After just three days I felt amazing results and like a changed person. No more stress, anxiety, panic or depression. Wonderful medicine to take. Just remember to meditate, walk, and stay outdoors to also help. You've got to also help yourself without relying on the medicines but they still work."

Doctorproctor November 29, 2014

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I suffer from Tinnitus, which causes me great anxiety. My doctor put me on Klonopin 3 times a day 0.5 mg along with Ambien and Celexa once a day. I feel so much better. I am able to ignore the noise, and when I do hear it...it don't go into panic mode. I am sleeping better than ever."

JuztaGirl November 23, 2014