User Reviews for Klonopin (Page 7)

Learn more about Klonopin.

Panic Disorder 121 reviews 19 medications

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 11 reviews 13 medications

8.1
Summary of Klonopin reviews 481 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Klonopin

For Anxiety "I was prescribed 3mg a day but don't want to take that much so I am trying hard to tapper to 2mg I am at 2.25mg. I still sometimes feel a little bit of anxiety not real bad but catch myself starting to get in my head and then I will breath and talk myself out of my head but why can't the medicine just keep me out of my head all the time. I never had any anxiety or panic disorder, I have always had manageable obsessive compulsive disorder. Will I ever feel like me again? I know if I am not careful I would become home bound and just sit and waste. I have a young daughter and it is not fair for her. The Klonopin does work but I feel like I can feel it wear off or that it is coming time for my next dose, or is that all in my crazy head."

blonddraider (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "Have been on Klonopin since 2004--it works the best for me. I've had 2 sleep studies, which have shown moderate RLS and PLMS, with some sIeep apnea. I have tried Requip, Sinemet and Mirapex, even getting the Dr. to up the dose of one of them, but did not have the immediate relief that Klonopin brings. I've had a bit of a hard time with my Dr. to fill the script, because it's a controlled substance. I've explained to him that I have not had to increase my Klonopin dosage much in the 10 years that I've been taking it (0.5mg to 1 mg). The one time I did not take it, I woke up 4 hours later like a bolt of lightning struck me. It's necessary for my PLMS, and to function in life!"

PLMSgal (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2014

For Anxiety "Many people are unreasonably scared of Klonopin's bad withdrawal dramas. Well... It is true. It is a painful process to get away from Klonopin once you stepped into its comfortable zone, but I want to say I would rather feel relaxed and comfortable than struggling with unnecessary anxiety caused by Neurotransmitter unbalances. This medication truly gave me a freedom from fear and agitation and get back to my life."

kamoroj (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 9, 2014

246 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Made me EXTREMELY sleepy/Drowsy and didn't really feel a difference in my anxiety. Still searching."

EricaMora October 29, 2014

For Anxiety "I've been through a lot of loss in my life. Not quite sure if that's why but all of a sudden horrible panic attacks ! I also have equilibrium problems I can work and do most normal things but it's still a pain. My primary care prescribed this to me about 4 yrs ago. I love it. It definitely helps but now instead of a half milligram I am taking a whole once a day. But I guess my body has built a tolerance. "

81 October 29, 2014

For Panic Disorder "Works Amazingly!"

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

For Anxiety "This medicine obliterated my social anxiety,anxiety ,fear,phobia,paranoia,panic,worrying and racing thoughts! I can actually function again thanks to a little green pill. I feel like superman now! I'm no longer chained downed by my own mind! I've been battling through it for years and now it's finally gone! I can be outgoing again! I feel calm now."

Joe Shoe (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2014

178 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I've been in a trauma back in 1990 a week after I had no clue what was wrong I was guinea pigged with you name in then put on Klonopin 1 mg 9 times a day now was on 4 1 mg cut down to 3. It honesty is the only thing out of everything I've taken that gave me back a normal life it goes straight to my chest and takes ALL my anxiety and panic away. Better than 20 mg Xanax by far because its long lasting. "

Denise 10 October 20, 2014

For Anxiety "I have social anxiety & take this medication on an as needed basis. I have noticed a huge change in myself once I got the dosage right. I wouldn't be able to function in social situations without it."

Galieness615 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 20, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I am 60 & have been on Klonopin for over 20 yrs. I have tried every thing under the sun, no kidding. I have not only anxiety, but chronic depression, bi-polar disorder, limb jerking, panic attacks to the extreme. I am so sensitive to meds, it's scary. So when I find something that works I stick with it. I usually only take "Brand Name", good insurance, or I couldn't. I'll tell you from experience, if you stick with an exact time line on taking it, rather than as needed, you will do a lot better. I have never had any side effects from it, a blessing. It helps with all of the above. I took myself off of about 17 medications a doc, had me on. I call them stackers. For a while I did not even know who I was. Now, I am stable, doing the best I ever have."

bjsd October 18, 2014

197 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I take 4mg of Klonopin per day. I have done so for more than two years. I went to a clinic where a "no benzo" policy was established and I was taken off the medicine. I went through two years of agony. Neurontin was given as a substitute...it made me depressed, and nauseous. I finally had to go to a private doctor to be put back on my Klonopin and am returning to normal. The only issue I would mention is that it is not a fast acting medicine."

Rickyt7 October 3, 2014

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "I have very bad panic and anxiety attacks. Attack would last for up to 3 to 4 hours. It first started when I was 30 years old and was admitted to a mental institution for a month for my own protection. I am now 46 years old ,when I now feel an attack coming on I can basically control it now and take 1 mg of Klonopin. It does take some time to work, but when it kicks in, it works great. I did at one stage try go off it, but the withdrawals were so bad I had to go back on it. I take 1mg at night and then as needed. To all you people out there who think you are alone with this monster in your head, you are not. Think and say positive thoughts, its works."

cwburke October 1, 2014

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder "Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

For Anxiety "My anxiety came out of the blue. I had been suffering from depression and waited until I was close to rock bottom before seeing a psychiatrist. He put me on Zoloft and for about 10 days I convinced myself it was all getting better...then WHAM! I started waking up with panic that was overtaking my entire body! I took Xanax just to go to sleep for an hour. A counselor tried to get me to do breathing and muscle relaxation exercises but I was too anxious to concentrate. I had to take off work because I ABSOLUTELY COULD NOT FUNCTION! My Psychiatrist just put me on Klonopin 1mg 3x a day. That's a lot but hopefully I can taper off soon & the Zoloft can do it's job. I can now think clearly and not panic at the simple thought of bathing!"

almostcrazy (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2014

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "A very good medication. I never felt so calm in my entire life. Withdrawals from it do suck though. I take it as needed"

SpazzySpazz (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2014

For Anxiety "I started getting anxiety about a year ago out of the blue. I had to go to the ER because I thought I was dying or something. All my tests came back negative. The doctor told me it was an anxiety attack. I got sent home with nothing. A few days later I had another one. I went to my PHP and put me on clonazepam. I try not to take them if I don't need it, but you never know when it may manifest. So I try to take half doses to make my script stretch and to also not be as dependent. I noticed that it works but to a less degree. I commute to school and work a full time job so my mind is always running. In a nutshell, this medication works."

Dnz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Panic Disorder "Great for Panic disorder."

Anne-Ana September 3, 2014

For Anxiety "I have been taken Klonopin for 20 years, it all started because I lost function of both my inner ears and had no balance. The ear specialist concluded that there was no treatment available for this condition so my stress and anxiety level landed me in a pain clinic where medicine, exercise, counseling and diet did the trick. In three days I was back to normal. What I later found out is that Clonazepam was not only very effective for my balance disorder but it took the anxiety away. Today I take 2mg a day in two or three dosages and feel completely normal. When stress increases I slightly increase the dosage. I take it with Lexapro so as not to end in depression. The secret, for me, is daily exercise (walking), and Clonazepam/Lexapro10mg."

Masami (taken for 10 years or more) August 21, 2014

129 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Have done the full arsenal of anti-depressants with minimal to no resolution of my SAD/GAD. I am a generally healthy 48 year old male that mysteriously 2 years ago developed intense GAD/SAD: terrified flop sweats in meetings, avoidance of all social gatherings/interaction, non-stop anxiousness, and a handful of panic attacks. Under recommendation from my therapist my GP reluctantly prescribed clonazepan (Klonopin). 1 mg 2 x day. The full 1 mg made me a bit glassy eyed and dull. Reducing to 0.5 mg in the morning - to handle work-related anxiety and 1mg at night before bed. Success! I am close to the goofy outgoing person I was before the anxiety kicked in full-force. Bravo! I have found the right mix - finally."

tattooedkoi (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2014

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Periodic Limb Movement Disorder "I have had restless leg syndrome since I was at least 5 yrs old, it runs in my family. It affected my school, jobs, trips and sleeping. As I got older the symptoms became worse. By the age of 30 yrs old I could no longer sleep at night due to the energy build up in my legs and arms, my brain was also not shutting down at night. I dreaded going to bed for years. My twin sister also has rest leg syndrome and her doctor put her on Klonopin, it worked for her. So I went to my doctor and he gave me a prescription of Requip. It didn't work well. He switched my medication and I started taking Klonopin. The changes were immediate. I slept for the first time all night. I can take long drives, fly in airplanes and actually sit through a movie."

Kim rodriguez August 5, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I first started out on Lamictal and unfortunately got a rash from it. I then was moved onto Ativans and those worked but only for a short period of time. This is by far the best medication, but, it takes a little bit longer to kick in compared to the Ativan. My panic attacks come out of nowhere and it's unfortunate that it doesn't kick in as fast. That's why I gave it an 8."

Pb600004 August 1, 2014

For Anxiety "I was prescribed Klonopin to get me through anxiety exarcebated by starting on Lexapro. It is a benzo and therefore highly addictive so I was very careful about taking it as little as possible. I found it to be very effective and one tablet would actually keep me calm for around 36 hours ( it has a very long half life ). I did not feel side effects and didn't feel drunk or disoriented. Was effective for me but needs to be used with care. "

NervousJack (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "This medication is really great for anxiety. I use it for severe anxiety related to interviews and relationships. It makes me feel like a person again, rather than someone who's under attack and needs to flee from an oncoming threat. I can actually function when I take it instead of hyperventilate and being suicidal. It's excellent."

invisible_creeper (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 21, 2014

For Bipolar Disorder "It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now."

stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

For Anxiety "I first tried Buspar for my generalized anxiety disorder, and after several weeks, gave up on it. I decided to work with my psychiatrist instead of my GP. He agreed to let me try Klonopin. Wow. I only take 1 mg a day but I feel 90% recovered to my old self. I am more social again, working on my novel, doing well at work, handling stress well, having a lot more fun and joy. I've been on it for 3.5 weeks and hopefully can stay on it permanently. I know one needs to be cautious with it."

worldbeat (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2014

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next