User Reviews for Klonopin

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 85 medications used in the treatment of Bipolar Disorder.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Bipolar Disorder

"Horrible side effects."

PostmodenistCupie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

"Great for "resetting" at bedtime when feeling a little upswing with Bipolar. I have noticed after a day of being a little up, the Klonopin drops the intensity and brain energy nicely to allow for rest and relaxing. I do notice that if I don't take it, because I may not feel like I need it one night, that it is harder to get to sleep. I also have experienced some short term memory loss when taking 1.5 mg (3 x .5 mg) the next day. It has also helped me with anxiety when depressed. Great drug!"

Manuel231 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

"It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

"After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

"I take (3) 2mg klonolins a day, been taking them for years. Yes it works, if you like being zoned out all day. I also have a personality disorder, and when I am in split mode, these make it worse."

Alynn31 (taken for 10 years or more) February 7, 2016

"I was diagnosed at the age of 15 with Bipolar. I really never understood why that was my disgnosis.. maybe cause of my horrible depressions at a very young age and well having to go thru alot very early in life might have been the cause of that. I suffered alot from Anxiety or panic attacks and i must say that Klonopin has been the best drug i have ever had, even better than Xanax. It relaxes me instead of that sedation feeling Xanax used to give me and also last longer. I can now sleep better as well. So in conclusion Klopin is amazing and way better than Xanax and ofcourse this is to my opinión"

JackieA87 November 8, 2015

"I have been taking Wellbutrin SR for about 4 yrs. In combo with a few other different meds. I didn't think I would ever find my cocktail. But recently I do believe I finally have found it. So I'm on Wellbutrin SR, Seroquel, and Klonopin. I was taking Lamictal and Ativan before. But unfortunately got the Lamictal rash. I love the combo I have now. I have been sleeping like a baby. No more 100 miles an hour at bedtime."

JMarie Happy May 18, 2015

"Klonopin helps my social anxiety and generalized anxiety disorder associated with Bipolar Disorder I. I've been taking 1mg twice per day for 8 years and works great. I'm able to get things done without thinking something terrible is going to happen."

chrisbce (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 30, 2015

"I have bipolar 2 disorder and of course clonazepam remedies my anxious manic states with speed and grace."

Frozenaddict (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 20, 2015

"Prescribed 2mg 1x day take for sleep or rest for manic episodes. I had been going on 80 hours no sleep and no relief with current meds. Dr. Prescribed this immediately and within 90 minutes I was calmed down and able to sleep. Highly recommend for anyone who has had failure with other medications as I have."

moparguy (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2015

"Love this medicine. Great for bipolar and anxiety. I try not to use it all the time, it won't work the same if you take it all the time. This medicine is safe. I see some people have be on it for over 20 years!"

JakeFukk (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2014

"Helped with the manic episode"

bigbie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2014

"It seemed to work well for the first year or so but I have been on it and am at the maximum dosage and now I have been on it for 10 years and it does not seem to help now."

stable gucurious (taken for 10 years or more) July 14, 2014

"I've been taking it for 2-3 years now and is the only thing that helps my panic attacks, consoling and other things just don't work for me. I was taking 1mg 3x a day but I'm down to 2x a day."

hollylaine May 14, 2014

"Like night and day. My Wife Loves my change in moods. I have also been able to stay on tasks 100% better."

Mr/Gettin/By (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 11, 2014

"It really calms me down when I get acute panic attacks. Dr. allows me to take up to one 2 mg tab as needed during day. I do find myself taking up to 2 tabs a day and 1 at night to help with sleep. Nothing else seems to work."

Strashine May 1, 2014

"It helps with my anxiety"

Jackie100480 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2014

"Takes away anxiety fast."

big Jimmy long February 20, 2014

"Since I was 13 years old. Anxiety has been a severely debilitating issue in my life. It's destroyed most of the relationships in my life and stopped me from maturing as a person in terms of moving up in the job field. A lot of people would consider me weird, because of becoming Very reclusive due to my anxiety disorder. When I am on Klonopin... IT IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I have a lot of energy, motivation and I'm anxiety free. The most I've taken consecutively was 2mg for about 2 weeks and after stopping for about 2-3 days after that I'd never feel any withdrawal effects. This is usually the cycle I use. The quality of my life is drastically better on Benzodiazapine medication."

BiPolar Bob (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 30, 2014

"I've used it on and off for 15 years. It works fast for my anxiety. While I only use it infrequently, it has always been safe and effective."

BPoppe (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2013

"I started taking Klonopin recently, and I'm mixing it with Vybriid and Lamictal. It helps so much. At night it takes the edge off. I take 0.5mg, sometimes 1mg to help me out more. I haven't had as bad of racing thoughts while I'm trying to fall asleep and I end up sleeping like a baby. The after effects is a little bit of groggyness but it's worth it. The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like smoking cigarettes after I take it. Overall, it's great and stops the mania as well as depression."

sweeetdee September 29, 2013

"Great."

blairhmn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 27, 2013

"I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder about 6 years ago and had my share of trying different medications to get it under control. After multiple trials with medicines my doctor finally found the right combination for me (Lexapro, lithium, (Depakote had sexual side effects), Synthroid, trazodone at night, multivitamins and B-1 vitamin). This combination worked great to get my mood swings under control. Once my mood swings were under control, I started having extreme anxiety attacks. I was then diagnosed with anxiety disorder as well. My doctor prescribed 0.75 mg Klonopin 3 times a day, as needed and it is a lifesaver. Klonopin knocks my anxiety down within 15 min. I have been taking it for 3 yrs with great results."

ohio*buckeyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I am bipolar on 500mg Lamictal, 1200mg gabapentin and prescribed Klonopin. I am prescribed to take it 1.0 two times a day but don't need to often. When I am hysterical or very angry in which I want to hit someone or tell them off which happens sometimes you take half usually and it works. I take a whole one if its too much to handle. I don't use it all the time sometimes not even for a week. It's wonderful for those out if control moments! Klonopin is much better for bipolar, to use than Xanax. Xanax had no effect in me at all!"

Wkumomma (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 13, 2013

"Started taking this med for bipolar disorder and it's been working for 6 months it helps me rest at night. I have tried many other medicines but inconjunction with Wellbutrin antidepressant it seems to be great. I hope I never have another episode again and this will continue to work for me."

SunshineEmmy March 3, 2013