User Reviews for Clonazepam to treat Anxiety (Page 8)

Also known as: KlonoPIN, KlonoPIN Wafer

Clonazepam Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 164 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

"A nurse at a psychologist put me on this drug along with Prozac over 3 years ago. She told me it would be a band-Aid until the Prozac start working. I went for a follow up appointment a month later and she said since it's working she didn't want to change anything. Months went by I still felt great no panic attacks, nothing. Started to gain weight and felt extremely sleepy during the day so I wanted to start weaning off-spent 1 1/2 yr trying to wean myself off only to start the withdrawal symptoms - electrical shocks, extreme night sweats and nightmares.Finally I weaned myself to .5 mg Klonopin and 10 mg of Prozac. Last Friday night (10 days today) I came home and flushed the pills. going through hell now. Don't start, get help naturally!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

"Indigogirl, Switching from Ativan to Klonopin is very common. Due to the fact that Klonopin is 2x more potent tand lasts much longer also. 2mg Ativan = 1mg Klonopin. Ativan has a 12-18 hour half life, while Klonopin has a 24-50 hour half life. Ativan peaks within 30 minutes, while Klonopin peaks within 2 hours. If you were too sleepy with the switch, your Klonopin dose was too much. For me, Klonopin is the best all around benzo. I've been on Xanax, Ativan, and Valium, Klonopin is the king of the class of Benzodiazepines."

KlonoPINme (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

"I don't know that it is clonazepam 1mg 1 mg per day, but I have electric like sensation from my head into my feet. Joints hurt, burning sensation in feet make it uncomfortable to walk.. Anxiety attacks are worse to the point of not wanting to go out especially alone.. I was taking trazodone, stopped at 25 mg. Dose last night, replaced with 5 HTP, 50 mg. Of sequel (which I have been taking. ) I slept fine, but when I awoke some problems with tingling, burning. When I took another 5 HTP and clonazepam, plus 2 mg. Of Tizanidine, I went back to sleep, but the burning, tingling and painful joints very bad upon awakening. Still going on. I thought the natural products would eliminate this. "

Babyjones42 March 19, 2016

"This med is a godsend, I only wish I was diagnosed earlier in life, so I wouldn't have lost so many years to anxiety and panic attacks!"

LuckyLarry777 March 13, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This "medicine" ruined my life. I took it just as the doctor prescribed Clonazepam.5mg every night before bed. He said I would probably need them for the rest of my life. He failed to tell me these are very powerful TRANQUILIZERS (all benzo are). We are only supposed to take these for no more than 2 weeks!! It worked well for many years until one day it quit working. Tolerance Withdrawal, Sick 24/7, med no longer works, sheer panic. Suffering all since that day and it's been one year off now.These meds also cause depression over the years. I had a great life until this med caused me to lose everything!!! Nightmare!!! Please, don't walk, run from this poison!!"

Hardwork56 (taken for 10 years or more) March 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug is great. Sure you can go med free, which I've done, to prove to yourself that anxiety can't hurt you and there is nothing to fear (blah blah blah) - BUT my life truly was misery with this approach. What's the point, I told myself, of proving I can tough it out. Left unchecked anxiety can spin you into fearing all kinds of silly stuff - doctor/dentist visits, flying, being stuck in traffic, shopping .... Klonopin kills the deep down anxiety. Oh - and if all you have is anxiety (no depression) - stay far far away from the antidepressants......some friendly advice."

JPinMD (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking this drug 10 years ago because I was always stressed and was waking up at 3am. Started on 0.5mg at bedtime, combined with Trazadone, and it would knock me out within 15 minutes-I almost had to rush to the bed sometimes. It was prescribed to take another dose in the morning but I only did this once, as it made me very sleeping driving to work. I later discovered the Trazadone wasn't doing anything and now just take the Klonopin at 0.75mg at bedtime and it gradually puts me to sleep and keeps me there. If I wake in the middle of the night and would normally stress about stuff, I am able to fall back to sleep till morning. Helps with work anxiety during the day, too. It has been a miracle drug for me!"

MarcofromTropoja (taken for 10 years or more) March 4, 2016

"The absolute perfect benzo. The long half life is there, the potency is there, great muscle relaxing properties, great for sleep, I can go on and on with this. I'm prescribed 1mg 3x daily, and that's my perfect dose..I take 1 in the am, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 in the pm, and it works like magic. I've tried other benzos, Xanax, Valium, and Ativan..although those benzos were also very helpful, but Klonopin is my #1"

Teva834-2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I love Klonopin. When I was going through an extremely hard custody case with my ex husband, my doctor prescribed the Klonopin. She scheduled it up to 3 times a day. I used it too. It helped me face my fears and stand up for myself for once. Once that was over she scheduled it on 1.0mg as needed up to.3 time's a day. I still have the script. I do use the Klonopin only when I'm in a situation that I need help relaxing. I know I need it at those times. When I take it, I would feel great. If I didn't need it but thought I did, all it would do is make me tired. It's been 3 years of PRN Klonopin & I know when I need it and when I don't. For those who feel this could be abused, my response is if the person really needs it, Misuse wouldn't happen"

Jo...Jo (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "The absolute best benzodiazepine. I've had Anxiety and Night terrors ever since I can remember. As a kid, I was always scared to sleep alone, and in the dark. My mom had to always sit with my til I fell asleep. This never went away. I'm 28 years old now. My doctor first RX'D me Xanax 2mg 2x daily, it really helped, but it stopped working so quickly! Then I got put on Klonopin 2mg 2x daily, now that's exactly what my body and mind needed. I'm perfectly anxiety free, and can sleep with no hesitation. Klonopin is the best. Thanks Klonopin!"

Klonazepam2mg (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 17, 2016

"I take 0.25mg - 0.5 mg of this to help manage anxiety heading into public speaking events (about once a month). It helps me feel focused and relaxed instead of being anxious and worried for no reason. At a low dosage (once a month or so) I don't feel any of the major side effects people have described. For awhile I felt guilty about taking this and tried to work with a therapist instead and doing meditation which did not entirely relieve my situational anxiety."

relievedinnyc (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2016

"This medication, when used properly, does help with generalized anxiety. The only problem is I was never told how to take it properly. I became addicted, and a bit suicidal. It wreaked absolute havoc on my life and the lives of my family. Name the side effect - I had it. It caused depression so bad, that I couldn't get out of bed. Insomnia to the point of where I was convinced I was losing my mind. Looking back now, it's hard to believe I ever felt the way I did, but I did. Please do research on the drug before taking it."

Mel12345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2016

"I had severe OCD starting around 14. My anxiety level was horrible. At age of about 50 a doctor said he would calm me down so I could be more functional. I took 4 1mg tablets a day with no side effects other than lowering my anxiety to a acceptable level. I still take klonopin and consider it best drug I have ever tried and still use it"

Totem February 13, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Scary drug. Took the lowest dose for anxiety, came to three hours later. Totally blacked out. Still don't remember a thing that went on till this day. Good thing I was at home when I took it."

Manda284 February 10, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I was put on klonopin at age 17. I took it as prescribed for 20 years, going from 0. 5mgs to 3-4mgs a day. While it worked great for anxiety and insomnia, I wish I had never taken this medication. Last year I was detoxed off of it. When I tapered off I didn't sleep at all for 11 days. After that I had extreme anxiety and agitation. I couldn't sit still for months, I had to take a non addictive medication to be able to sleep at all. I was unable to eat well for months. Doctors don't think to tell you that this medication makes you physically dependant. You cannot stop abruptly or you risk seizures. It is made for short term use, about 2 weeks. I wish I had never taken this medication. I will never take another benzodiazapine again."

Firechild877 (taken for 10 years or more) February 8, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I noted marked decrease in intellectual ability and memory. I need to go off this med for Neoropych testing and 48 hour EEG, although I have high stressors in my life so I need to take it. When I wean down I get sinus tachycardia. Hr of 122 at rest. Taking Klonapin makes HR decrease to 80's."

MauiJan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2016

"Clonazepam would be a great medicine if it wasn't addictive & known to cause dementia. Those are the reasons why my doctor removed me off of this medicine. When I took it it helped take the edge off my anxiety. I didn't have many side effects from it & I never became addicted to it. The only side effect I had was it would make me tired sometimes. That's it. Even with it being addictive & being known to cause dementia, I still give it a 7 out of 10 stars because it was very effective for me. It would have gotten 10 stars if it was safer to take & if it had ridded me of my anxiety completely."

~*Melanie*~ (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "This drug works well "short term". As all of the literature you have read about it says. However, "Short Term" is ambiguous. For some people "Short Term" might mean it retains it's efficacy for 2 years without problem as it did for me. If it seems you have been on this for years and it's still working, don't fool yourself. 2 Important things to note. 1. Tolerance withdrawal - Doctors will never tell you about this, some don't even acknowledge that it exists. This means that when your body has developed tolerance to this medicine, even though you keep taking your steady dose, you will start to experience god awful withdrawal symptoms. Believe it. 2. Taking over 1.5-2mg per day does not provide any benefit."

ocdeed February 1, 2016

"I suffer from chronic, delbilitating anxiety 24/7 can't function, focus, family & friends withdraw from me as they don't understand the disorder or try to learn about it. I have been on 2mg of clonazapam for 12 years and when my anxiety gets to a certain point I take a pill and approx. 20 minutes later, my stomach stops hurting, my chest losens up, I breath normally, feel the fear fading away until finally I am relaxed and a totally different person.... my real self : )"

Joanna Hampton (taken for 10 years or more) January 28, 2016

"I've been on Clonazepam (.5 mg) for almost 6 months now. I already take Wellbutrin for depression but my anxiety levels were still a little high. I told my doctor and he prescribed the Clonazepam and told me to "take as needed". Well "as needed" for me is usually 2 nights a week, depending. If I am feeling anxious, I'll pop one. It has helped my anxiety greatly. It takes the edge off and brings my level of anxiety down to a manageable level. In addition, it helps me get to sleep quicker and helps me stay asleep. From what I have read about the drug, it can interfere with REM sleep but I wake up feeling fine. My only side effects are that I sleep too long and wake up feeling groggy/drugged but that's about it."

3GS842 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I just started taking this medication daily at night bc I just can't sleep at all. It has been a month now and I can finally sleep all night. I feel great to get my life back in order with no side affects thus far and feel much happier. Heaven sent for me. Love my neurologist."

rose west side January 26, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Increased depression at higher doses, which are needed as your system becomes tolerant and you always will need to increase the dosage to get relief of the anxiety, negative thoughts in general, fear of withdrawal, agoraphobia if you do run out before refill, severe memory problems the longer you are on it, tolerance develops quickly and what started out as 0.5 twice a day is now 3mg a day which leads to almost constant fatigue and a general feeling of hopelessness that doesn't go away."

flairsag1 January 23, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "I started taking lorazapam (Adivan) when I was 16 (I'm 32 now) for panic attacks and anxiety, 2mg twice a day. They did work well but had a short half life. I had 3 grand mal seizures when I was trying to come off of them. I switched to klonopin 6 years ago because a new Dr said that they would keep me on a more even keel because of their longer half life and he was right!! But even on klonopin, which ARE addictive, I had a grand mal seizure when trying to ween off. So I just take my klonopin as directed, 1mg 3x a day and I feel normal. Some people try to say that benzo's aren't addictive, but that's a lie. So just be careful when u hear others say that they can take their medication only when they "need it"."

Jennieliz (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 20, 2016

Klonopin (clonazepam): "Love this med..it works!! I take it in conjunction with my antidepressant, Lexapro! I have never felt happier! My depression, panic attacks and anxiety started when I hit puberty and I never wanted to take meds.. I'm basically a "drug free" person..but this is an exception due to the fact depression/anxiety can literally kill you!! These meds were needed during and especially after a horrific abusive 4 1/2 yr "relationship", almost lost my life!! Had flashbacks and nightmares, but I got through with seroquel to sleep. When I wake up I take klonipin and Lexapro..about 4-5 hrs later I take .5 xanax, sometimes two 0.5's if needed!! DO NOT take klonipin and xanax at the same time due to the fact they are in the same class of meds!!"

LisaLeigh1763 January 16, 2016