User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 9)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

GelatoIsForLoversToo · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “After going to the ER twice in less than a week, fully believing I was dying, I know the benefits of clonazepam, at 2 mg per day, I noticed that my anxiety increased a few hours after I took the medication. It sedated me, sure, but when my body rebounded, I went above my normal baseline levels of anxiety. This medication should absolutely be taken for a short time or when it is necessary. Clonazepam is like putting a bandaid on a wound that won't stop bleeding. It helps in the short term, but to actually control the disorder, Prozac has been the miracle drug for me.”

PP · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 12, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have been on Clonazapam for about 5 years. Had tried everything but nighttime was unbearable. I now take 3 at night and it relieves my RLS and peripheral neuropathy by about 80%. Wouldn't be without it.”

Stjohnsriverrat · Taken for 10 years or more September 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “I've taken 1mg daily for anxiety and panic attacks for over 20 years. I've never experienced any side effects from Clonazepam. I've tried to stop, and have been successful, but the anxiety and panic attacks return. I live a much better quality of life with it, and I accept that.”

Oronno · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 9, 2019

For Anxiety: “Clonazepam save my life. Two years ago suddenly I was very sensitive to sound. Fear, anxiety, high stress completely ruin my life. I thought I was going to mad. Then doctor prescribed me 0.5mg clonazepam once daily. After using 2 years continuously I observe that it decreases my memory power and it is very very addicting medicine. Then I follow Ashton method to reduce it. 10 months ago I started to reduce it. Few days ago I completely off clonazepam. Withdrawal effect was not very strong because of slowly reduction and I was also convert the clonazepam to Daily exercise, eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Clonazepam is a miracle drug but before taking this medicine you should know how to use it.”

Eliz B · Taken for 10 years or more September 8, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I was diagnosed with RLS about 18 years ago and have been on the same dose (0.5 mg) of clonazepam the entire time. It hasn't changed in effectiveness at all. I know it's working because my husband and I were totally exhausted one day last week and couldn't figure out why until I realized I hadn't taken clonazepam the night before and was running a marathon in my sleep.”

Mia · Taken for 10 years or more September 8, 2019

For Anxiety: “clonazepam medication works wonders for my anxiety”

Nickmane · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 5, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “Started clonazepam for panic disorder, am now dependent on the clonazepam. Withdrawals are terrible, developed restless leg syndrome, this med is a just temporary Bandaid for your medical condition.”

Charlie · Taken for 10 years or more September 2, 2019

For Insomnia: “I had dreadful insomnia and restless legs syndrome for years. I couldnt really get any help for the insomnia but once I was diagnosed with RSL (through a sleep clinic) this clonazepam was recommended by the consultant. I started off with 0.5 mg a night and now 14 years on I'm up to 0.75 mg a night so not much of an increase. For me it has worked both for RSL and insomnia. I sleep 'normally' unless I don't take it. I've tried to stop but all symptoms return so I have accepted I will be on this for ever. Small price to pay for sleep. I did experience following day hangover for first few months but only until I got used to it.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

For Anxiety: “I’m on Zoloft 50 mg and .5 klonopin to ease the side effects of Zoloft. Take this temporarily because it’s highly addictive.”

bubba · Taken for less than 1 month August 31, 2019

For Anxiety: “I've been taking 0.5 mg of Clonazepam for about a week, it has helped tremendously with panic attacks, I still feel anxiety but its less bad as it once was. I take 0.5 mg in the morning when I wake up to prevent a panic attack and 0.5mg at night to help me sleep. The only thing is it makes me so weak, shaky, I have no appetite and it makes me way too drowsy to drive and I really need to fix that because I have a road test for my license to do that I won't be able to take my Clonazepam to help my panic attack because I can't drive. Seeing a psychiatrist soon I hope everything works out. The drowsiness is killer. My whole body wants to sleep but my mind is trying to keep pushing forward.”

Miss S August 30, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: “I have bipolar and borderline. Clonazepam doesn't help treating my diseases, but is very helpful at minimizing many symptoms as anxiety, panic attack, insomnia and similar, so it makes life much easier.”

Beltie · Taken for 10 years or more August 30, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “I’ve been on clonopin for probably 25 years it’s worked so much better than Xanax. I got down to taking .25 at night and .25 in morning But this year my mom died and I had been her caregiver for a long time with zero support. I did great until she died now I’m having panic attacks again I have fought with myself about upping my dose since I do know what withdrawal is like but today I took extra . My dr told me I should. To be honest I am ready to feel normal again I’m tired of not being able to participate in life.”

Wenderzz · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 28, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I have an neurological autoimmune disease, most likely M.S. I started having super bad restless legs at bedtime, along with pain in my feet and cramping in my calf muscles. My Dr. suggested Clonazepam. After a week of 0.5 mgs, it was working great, but then by the 3rd week, it was like I never even went on it. It did absolutely nothing, so I started taking 2 pills and that helped for like a 10 days or so, then nothing again. It's like I either build up some sort of resistance to it, or the pill itself has no long term effect. Tonight...Aug 28/2019, I'm trying 1.5 mgs (3 pills) or should I say this morning as it's now almost 3 a.m. and I can't sleep. I'll be back in a week and let you know if 3 pills failed me. I think I'm gonna ask my Dr. for something else. Honestly, I kinda find this drug useless but that's just me.”

Erin August 24, 2019

For Anxiety: “I started having serious anxiety attacks daily that included upset stomach, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite and an elevated heart rate. After doing some blood work which came back normal, my doctor has prescribed 0.5mg of clonazapam as well as an anti-depressant, Zoloft. The Clonazepam is intended to be taken daily to manage the attacks until the anti-depressant starts to take effect in a few weeks. The clonazapem has been managing the attacks and I don’t need a lot. I am surprised though how many people out there have been taking this medication long term - some for decades. Everything I’ve read, and what my doctor confirmed, is that benzos are not intended to be used long term. A lot of people who use benzos long term are addicted without realizing it, and there are a lot of doctors out there that are pill-pushers. Thankfully mine is not and I am hopeful I will be able to manage my anxiety the healthiest way possible, and using medications as they are intended to be used.”

Joe August 19, 2019

For Insomnia: “This medication clonazepam has stopped me from drinking, I don't even crave alcohol any longer. I have also been getting lots and lots of sleep.”

kat · Taken for less than 1 month August 15, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: “I really liked this medication at first. No bad side effects way better than other meds I had tried but after a few weeks started too get very depressed don't know if it's worth taking”

Agirlwithadream · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 15, 2019

For Anxiety: “Was on klonopin (anxeity) for 3 years til I started needing to increased amount or I would have a panic attacks, I couldn't sleep, couldn't drive, felt like my bones was going to pop and had 3 seizures. Later I had to quit my job. I hate this medicine with a passion and do not recommend it. It had me having horrible thoughts. I went to see another dr and he prescribed me lexapro. With that medicine I'm back feeling happy no anxiety or panic attacks. I can drive like I use to and talk to everyone with no anxiety . I hope this helps anyone who is going through what I went through.”

Done with this · Taken for 10 years or more August 13, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Been on clonazepam for at least 12 years. I have quit cold turkey and ended up in psychosis. This drug is a nightmare and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I have vast experience with addicting substances, and this is by far the worst. Recently went to my other doctor and went through different approaches of tapering. The one that stuck with me was using two 100ml bottles and dissolving a pill in one, then you can use a child's ml medication dropper to help reduce your dosage accurately. Even removing 5% from your day will send you into at least five days of painful, skin crawling withdrawal. But at least it's a way to control it accurately. Breaking a pill into fours can be a 10% difference. I hope this helps. I'm down to 0.25 mg twice a day. And feel terrible. But it's temporary. I hope. Good luck to anyone trying to get off of this stuff. It's worse than opiates, nicotine, alcohol, and anything else. I mean that. STAY AWAY!!”

emogothboi · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 10, 2019

For Anxiety: “Eventually you’ll have to titrate your dose up because the drug becomes less and less effective over long durations and you develop tolerance to it”

hermit · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 7, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “They help me cope with leaving the house and going places or places with a lot people and my some of my panic attacks that come out of nowhere”

Seizure control · Taken for 10 years or more August 4, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: “Good seizure prevention/rescue drug,and the only benzodiazepine whose primary indication is an anticonvulsant.I ve been at 2mg three time a day for over 10 years with no problems whatsoever.”

Nicki · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 4, 2019

For Anxiety: “This medication saved my life. I take it once a week, or whenever I'm having an unbearable anxiety attack, where I'm nauseous and shaking. It isn't meant to be used every day. It's habit-forming and you'll develop a tolerance, so I only take it when I really, really need it. Having it is just a comfort. It's like a safety net. Knowing that if the panic attack comes, I can stop the horrible effects and the pacing and the vomiting and shaking. A downside is that you'll develop a tolerance if you use it more than once or twice a week, so you do have to be extremely careful. It stops my panic attacks and it's saved my life. It's kept me from killing myself because I thought I'd never be able to escape the anxiety. I'd only recommend it if you've tried SSRIs and they haven't helped, and your anxiety is unbearably severe.”

Jc · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

For Anxiety: “So I used to take Xanax 1mg 3 times a day it helped but made me tired now my doc put me on 1mg 3 times a day of klonopin. Day 3 I feel nothing I tried 1.5 and felt very calm and relaxed. ”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Do not take this drug. It destroyed my life when my GP didn’t tell me and said it was a sleeping pill. I lost a year of my life to benzodiazepines withdrawal.”

Nannie August 1, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I was put on 1 mg Klonopin TID for 17 years. 10 of those years I was in tolerance withdrawal and had no idea what was wrong with me. I went off this medication too fast and still suffer 2 years later with internal vibrating and burning nerve pain that is constant. At first cessation I experienced hallucinations and the feeling of being dropped in a elevator very fast with the constant sensation of being on a boat. The boat feeling still occurs 2 years later but is less frequent than a year ago. Cognitive and memory issues. Crushing bone pain in my legs and feet , still 2 years later. I lost my ability to work , lost my home and now very dependent on my family for help, living with my brother in another state. This has derailed my life !! This medication is dangerous and anxiety should be addressed with nutrition and meditation and exercise NOT PILLS for a quick fix. Take these stories seriously and do your research !”