User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1083 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "It was fine for a year, but then made my condition much much worse to the point that I lost everything I ever loved. Please research this med before taking. It is not intended to be used for more than three weeks in a row."

Camera dude (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "You don't need it. It helped at first. After about a year of regular use, it stopped helping, and instead made me very angry. By then, I was taking around 5mg/day, and had a long taper ahead of me to ease the hellish physical dependency. You don't want the taper. You don't want to numb your feelings with this horrible tranquilizer. You are worth more and you have more in you than you want to believe when you sign up for this cop-out nightmare."

davefromnorthjersey (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 25, 2016

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I am 75 year old and have taken Clonazepam 0.5 mg tablet for about 4 years for restless legs and insomnia. I take 1/2 of the tablet every night, along with vitamin D and magnesium & Aleve for arthritis pain. It has been very effective for me, it lets me sleep with no hangover but I do have vivid dreams every night, not nightmares though.. On occasion I have taken a full tablet but I keep them cut in half and usually only need the 1/2 dose. My new doctor is taking me off of them and putting me on Mirapex for restless legs and melatonin to sleep. Melatonin has never helped before but I will try again."

Grandma Wendy April 23, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Totally useless drug - had no effect on my insomnia whatsoever."

cianpars (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "It has helped alleviate fear and provide comfort and care when taken moderation. With you and your doctor's agreement"

Sakisuzy22W April 21, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "As an alternative to Clonazepam, I tried a natural anxiety remedy called Zenapin which was reviewed well by several sources. STAY AWAY FROM ZENAPIN. This 'natural' remedy made me dizzy with a constant headache. Don't belive the hype. This Product Is Bad For You!"

cdeangelo (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 19, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've had panic attacks since I can remember. I recall my family DR.telling my mother that I would eventually need something for my nerves. I developed an irregular heartbeat around the age of 20. Of course, I am the last person who needed that symptom. I would go into a full blown panic attack and end up in the ER. My family Dr talked me into taking Xanax. I took .5 3 times a day like clockwork. Along with Tenormin for my afib.for 10 years . I then switched to Klonopin .5 3× daily. It was miracle. No side effects. After taking the same dose for 15 years, my new Dr dropped dropped it to twice daily. OK for about 6 months. I've been in the ER 5 times in the last 12 months. I need some good advice."

B.Steve (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2016

50 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I have taken Klonopin for twenty years. Sadly, over the years I became resistant to the lower doses. I am extremely dependent on it and it became "necessary" for the dosage to be steadily increased over the years. I was all of the way up to 5 mg at night. This had disastrous side effects...extreme confussion being the most alarming. It was difficult to start to titrate down slowly. After many months, I was down to 3 mg. and then down to 2.5 mg. It was not easy and there were many restless nights filled with anxiety. Over the last 6 months, I have decreased down to 1.25 mg. I am struggling but determined to get off within the next year. Do NOT let this happen to you!"

70 year old female (taken for 10 years or more) April 18, 2016

53 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Good"

Rajul April 18, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Seizure Prevention: "I've been taking it 0.5 mg before sleep for almost 3 months now and no epileptic seizures and I sleep well also , but sometimes I feel I would have a seizure so I take 1 mg instead of 0.5 because I only have seizures when I'm sleeping, I wish it stay working and I have no seizures till the end of my life because they are the most terrifying thing for me"

Travel lover April 17, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "Good experience - no bad side effects."

Proud Maggie April 15, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have been orally using Diazepam, (VALIUM) 10 mg. tabs- Qty: 90 monthly. 1 tab 3x a day q 8"

VICO DAN WATSON (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "This medication worked perfectly. No side effects and it really helped with my anxiety and dystonia. This medication helped my sex life as I was more relaxed, and really helped me socially, as I was no longer anxious in social situations. Clonazepam stopped they dystonic movements completely and they have not returned. I would highly recommend this drug."

Anonj26 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The doctor prescribe this for my anxiety not realizing what I was taking after taking for a year I decided to look up the clonazepam and found out what I was really taken and how hard it is to get off of it has been pure hell how can something be so good but so bad I tell everyone stay clear of this medication and go alternative because the withdrawals are evil it has been a total nightmare trying to get off of this pill and I am on a low dose .05 this pill was supposed to help my life not ruin it. The headaches are unbearable the nauseous is miserable and the dizziness is in sane everyone please stay clear of this medicine because when you try to get off of it is pure hell nightmare"

Pure Stupid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 9, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam has been a lifesaver for me. As an addiction counselor, I thankfully understand the risks and have used it PRN for years now with no issues. Unfortunately, I have treated many people who did not understand the risks involved with this (and any) medication. EDUCATE YOURSELVES!! Benzodiazepines are an amazing class of drugs, if used correctly."

rdopwm (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2016

43 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I took my first pill last night, and feel better already! I had never before suffered from anxiety, until I started a new and very stress-filled job. I held my own at first, but the past few months really took it's toll on my physical health. Yesterday, I truly believed I was having either a heart attack, or panic attack...I've never had a panic attack, never! Rushed to my doctor who looked at me and said- I've never seen you look like this before. After explaining how my job was affecting my life, and talking about different stress/anxiety relievers, and making time for me, he wrote the prescription. I was hesitant to take, but slept like a baby for the first time in months! I will check back as I continue with the medication."

Ihavenonickname April 8, 2016

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Seizure Prevention: "Cured"

liamp2 April 6, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I started this Drug in 2004 because because of bad panic attacks and high anxiety anytime I was outside my house. In elevators, in crowds, in cars if there was a lot of traffic and a million other situations. I did no research on this drug, just assumed my doctor knew best. It definitely works, probably the best anti anxiety drug on the market, and longer lasting than Xanax, however it does come at costs. Depending how much you take, or how much anxiety relief you need it can really be debilitating. If you need higher doses it can make you drowsy, cannot drive. I highly recommend this drug for emergency usage only because its addictive and I didn't know this but stopped abruptly and had widthdrawls like a heroin addict when I stopped"

dontleavethehouse April 1, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I'm a 37 year old male and have suffered from Anxiety for as long as I can remember. I've tried tons of anti anxiety meds, including Diazepam, Lorazepam, Alprazolam, Oxazepam, Hydroxyzine, Gabapentin, SSRI's, SNRI's, etc etc. I finally got introduced to Clonazepam, what a MIRACLE of how good it works for me. I take 2mg 3x daily and I'm finally anxiety free. Living a perfect normal life now. Best medication I've ever used. Thank you KLONOPIN for giving me my life back."

Klonazepam2mgTEVA (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 31, 2016

41 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Been taking benzodiazepines for near 10 years now. Started with 1mg of Lorazepam once daily, but it stopped working after about 2 years. I got prescribed Clonazepam 1mg twice daily.Worked like a charm for 5 years, then stopped having any effect. Still, Clonazepam is amazing compared to Lorazepam. This is an amazing medication. I was prescribed an up-dose (2mg three times daily, but I usually only took one pill a day or two, because 2mg is very strong). I was also prescribed Xanax to take along with Clonazepam due to having a panic disorder as well as generalized anxiety, but after about a year I decided that the Xanax was pretty useless (and tasted like wet chalk) so asked my psychiatrist to stop prescribing it. Just clonazepam. It's great."

Renee33 (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "A nurse at a psychologist put me on this drug along with Prozac over 3 years ago. She told me it would be a band-Aid until the Prozac start working. I went for a follow up appointment a month later and she said since it's working she didn't want to change anything. Months went by I still felt great no panic attacks, nothing. Started to gain weight and felt extremely sleepy during the day so I wanted to start weaning off-spent 1 1/2 yr trying to wean myself off only to start the withdrawal symptoms - electrical shocks, extreme night sweats and nightmares.Finally I weaned myself to .5 mg Klonopin and 10 mg of Prozac. Last Friday night (10 days today) I came home and flushed the pills. going through hell now. Don't start, get help naturally!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 27, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I have had panic disorder for years, thanks in large part to a serious medical condition that has since been addressed. Klonopin has helped tremendously even at a fairly low dose (1mg daily). I would add that this is not a drug to stop cold turkey; having tried, I can tell you that it worsens the anxiety and panic. I'm also not thrilled that I still take it after so many years. But, it has greatly improved my quality of life and for that I am grateful."

BBRM (taken for 10 years or more) March 27, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "After being treated on 4 antipsychotics and two mood stabilizers for bipolar hypo manic disorder I have never felt better in 10 years Currently on seroquel 400mg XR ( Three tablets at bedtime) take 1 to 2 mg Klonipin daily as needed. Never felt better. Tried other sleep aids like trazadone and other tcas. Nothing. Best with klonipin because of no cravings of physical need because half life long and one doesn't get a high off klonopin because very slow onset."

AZWags (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Indigogirl, Switching from Ativan to Klonopin is very common. Due to the fact that Klonopin is 2x more potent tand lasts much longer also. 2mg Ativan = 1mg Klonopin. Ativan has a 12-18 hour half life, while Klonopin has a 24-50 hour half life. Ativan peaks within 30 minutes, while Klonopin peaks within 2 hours. If you were too sleepy with the switch, your Klonopin dose was too much. For me, Klonopin is the best all around benzo. I've been on Xanax, Ativan, and Valium, Klonopin is the king of the class of Benzodiazepines."

KlonoPINme (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 22, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I don't know that it is clonazepam 1mg 1 mg per day, but I have electric like sensation from my head into my feet. Joints hurt, burning sensation in feet make it uncomfortable to walk.. Anxiety attacks are worse to the point of not wanting to go out especially alone.. I was taking trazodone, stopped at 25 mg. Dose last night, replaced with 5 HTP, 50 mg. Of sequel (which I have been taking. ) I slept fine, but when I awoke some problems with tingling, burning. When I took another 5 HTP and clonazepam, plus 2 mg. Of Tizanidine, I went back to sleep, but the burning, tingling and painful joints very bad upon awakening. Still going on. I thought the natural products would eliminate this. "

Babyjones42 March 19, 2016