User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 2 reviews 36 medications

Sleep Paralysis 3 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1177 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Insomnia: "Medicine good.too much sleep. how do you stop sleeping"

rOor October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Very useful medicine. Could finally sleep while on it and wasnt nearly as anxious as usual. No side effects so far."

Dawn_marie_6 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "Anyone taking clonazapam, PLEASE take note. Took it for RLS and I loved it, got great sleep with no apparent side affects. Thought this was the answer until dosage had to be increased to be effective. Been on 1.5 mg for seven years and when it stopped working, I then learned the hard way you must wean off very slowly and the detoxing is horrible! This is what no one tells you! Had I known it would be like this, I'd NEVER have gone on it...and I do understand the trials of RLS! Nothing is worth this! Look up side affects of stopping clonazapam and how long it takes to detox, you'll be shocked...I was. Felt like I was going to die (and the really bad stuff doesn't start until 3d or 4th day being off..., look out)! Please be informed!"

Live N lean (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've been dealing with Anxiety for about five years it really started , in my late 20s I'm 32 now I've been on Zoloft and Xanax and to me I didn't feel that it was working for me I was still having attacks and no matter what I did I couldn't no longer control it , I went to my Dr and was diagnosed with Agnorphobia and I was surprised because at the time I felt like I was outgoing I had no problem with crowds lived going out and such ,I couldn't even enjoy a simple walk in the park , I felt like my life was changing and I was becoming this person I'm not but in the same sense losing a bit of myself , so I didn't talk to nobody . I felt no one would understand.Little by little I'm starting to get my life back. This works trust me . It's be ok"

Lilyflores180 October 20, 2016

For Anxiety: "I"

sylviaplath (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRUG!!!!! Everyone ranking this at a "10" now, will regret it later!!!! Please avoid all Benzo's!! Especially this one!!! It wears off eventually and you'll have to keep going up in milligrams and the next thing you know, TOLERANCE WITHDRAWAL SETS IN!! You'll have no choice but to stop taking it and the withdrawal symptoms are hell on earth if not tapered off slooooooooooooooowly. And, even done that way isn't a walk in the park. Again, please avoid all Benzo's. Especially this one!!!! Goggle the withdrawal facts and people's stories on this pill....."

Tim DF October 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "About 3 months ago my anxiety got out of hand. I'm constantly obsessing something is wrong with my health. Brain tumors because I'm dizzy and lightheaded a lot, cancer because family members& a high school friend just got diagnosed, to heart problems. I'm 22 and know it's not healthy to obsess over this crap.. but I can't stop it. Tried new SSRIs. Haven't found one that's side effects are livable. I take klonopin as needed when I'm feeling bad and it instantly helps. Still have some anxiety but it chills me out to where I feel I don't need to go to the hospital. Very helpful. I was directed to take .25 MG twice a day but figured I'd only take it as needed so I don't get dependant to it. Hoping to find a new SSRI to nip this in the bud."

Mareenaedler (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Have been prescribed a plethora of anti-depressants and non-benzodiazepine anti-anxiety meds; all accompanied by horrendous, long lasting side effects. Had a bad experience with a psychiatrist & also held a negative attitude toward being dependent on medication, therefore decided to be anti-medicated for several (miserable) years. Eventually came to terms with the fact that I can not properly function in society without medication. It took awhile, but I have finally found a great combination of meds, including .5 mg of Clonazepam. Anxiety is better managed. Happy to no longer be missing out because of anxiety. Would recommend a low dose (prescribed by a doctor, of course) to someone that has tried multiple anxiety medications with no avail."

Alexis J. October 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "My best friend was taking this medication for many years. He committed suicide in September. A few months before he told me that the the drug wasn't working and that it was a different manufacturer. He said he had been trying to get off it but was unable to. He was under a psychiatrist's care. I'm not sure of the entire story, only what he told me. However, he started to withdraw from all his friends and let his work slide. The last time I saw him he looked terrible, shakes, sweaty, awful. That was months before he died. He was 57 and had been taking the drug for decades. All I can say is it sounds like a dangerous drug for some people. I am saddened by his passing and wish there was something we could have done to help him."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I don't give this medicine a 10 because it's too good and you really forget that you can do things on your own. What I'm trying to say, it's a lifesaver when you're having a crisis, but the thing is so good you want to take it to deal with normal levels of anxiety. Anyway, impulses aside, I experienced no significant side effects. You do get a little drowsy but you won't just fall asleep if you don't want to either. I have always been anxious, had a panic attack that had me hospitalized as early as 12 years old and from then on it was on-and-off, being told not to think about it and enjoy things, it's all in my head and it made me awkward, shy and think I was a nervous wreck. This medicine let me know myself and experience a life!"

Nicoleeee3 October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've had PTSD induced insomnia since I was 6 years old. I've tried every possible drug there is, ambien, lunesta and the like. Nothing seems to work, and my recurring dream always seems to come right back and wake me up. One time I decided to try klonopin because sleeping on a cycle of 4 days awake 5 hours asleep from 6 years old to 29 will make you try anything. First time I took it, one 2mg pill, I slept for three solid days, I've never experience sleep that deep that I can remember, but it feels like a life saver, my only way to truly sleep after feeling like the reaper was just hanging over my head waiting."

Polymath September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I used to get them for restless leg sydrom.....Worked very well....Moved and new doctor wont give them out"

stuois ass September 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had insomnia for several years, sleeping only 2-3 hours per night. I tried Clonazepam last year for a few months and didn't have much success with it, so I went back to Lunesta, which worked fairly well but left me with a dull headache every day. I decided to try 1mg Clonazepam again after reading that Doxepin helps it to work better - this time I take it along with 3mg of Doxepin Elixir liquid, (which is an antihistamine at low doses of 3-6mg). Now, I fall asleep within 30 minutes and sleep all night! Between 7 and 8 hours. I feel energetic and not groggy at all! I have my life back!!"

Krz September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Been suffering with insomnia for months! Klonopin is the only therapy thst gets me to sleep & stay asleep! Tried Ambien, Trazadone, nonr of it worked for me"

GA September 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention: "As soon as I feel any sort of seizure coming on, I need only take a half to a full 0.5 mg dosage. Within 20 minutes, I feel a sense of calmness overcome me...and all of the strange sensations disappearing. For me, I'll get an intense tingling all over my body, my thoughts become rapid, my hands jittery, and heart pounding (as my warning signs.) Clonazepam has the ability to literally take that away..at least for me. It does make you a bit tired, and at times forgetful. But is it not more worth it to be seizure free, and have some sense of security that you will be alright? I've been taking it for two years now, and although I am not a fan of taking medication, period...this is my one exception. I feel much safer knowing I have it on me."

KatherineTate September 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "My RLS is inherited and turned predictably vicious by the time I reached my early 40s. It was destroying my life. I was put first on Clonazepam (1 mg) in 2003 and 13 years later I am now at 2 mg taken several hours before bedtime. Some health experts describe Clonazepam as "the most dangerous pill in America" because once on it and once dependent you risk two things...the first is severe withdrawal symptoms beginning within three to four days of stopping. The second is even after being weaned from the drug you will likely experience the sudden onset of withdrawal symptoms weeks or even months after stopping. I am also on pramipexole and Gabapentin."

Wicked Withdrawal Symptoms (taken for 10 years or more) September 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks at age 26, I'm now 56. Those were the worst things a person could go thru. My first shrink in 86 put me on Haldol. Oh my God, that was horrible. I was on different medications until 1994 when I got on klonopin. That pill is a miracle drug. I don't have to take it everyday anymore but I always carry it with me in my purse just in case. I do take other meds for depression and they also help but nothing like klonopin. Because I hear it can contribute to Alzheimer's I try not to take it daily. That's all I need ontop of my other mental problems. I would advise anyone to take klonopin for major panic attacks but try not to take a lot of it for long periods. Maybe in conjunction with something else u can take less."

Happily ever after.. September 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've suffered all my life with anxiety/panic attacks. Seems to worsen as I age. I've tried many different meds. Ssri's in particular this drug class is the only to show improvements in my condition as I have major depression as well. Clonazepam works really well for me it's like a constant flow of relief. I would recommend this. I also take Wellbutrin in combo."

Anxiety Freebie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Not worting for me so far. Taking .5 as per doc & still cant sleep"

Morganskit September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I checked myself into a mental hospital in 2011 and was put on this three times a day. I was eventually cut down to as needed and it's still wonderful. Kpin (as I call it) curbs the panicky feelings within minutes and I sleep so well that it's sometimes hard to get out of bed in the morning! Thank you, Roche--your little yellow pill is fantastic!"

Novelista (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I have always suffered from GAD for many years but as of lately & due to many stressful life situations, it's developed into a debilitating panic disorder. I can barely eat, sleep, constantly nauseous, losing weight. I have never in my life taken any type of anxiety med. I've always went the natural route - yoga, cbt, exercise, and although some of those things are helpful to others, I felt I needed something more to help me along in the process. Let me tell you that Klonopin has been an absolute savior in my life. Just after one day of taking it, my panic completely subsided within 20-30 min. I take one .5 in the am/pm along with lexapro. so far so good. As long as you are taking it as prescribed in small doses,the risk of addiction is low"

California 222 September 4, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Hi I'm from Philippines. i have a Insomnia for 2 months and my Doctor gave me a Rivotril ( Clonazepam) this is a true blessing for me. because i sleep better. for Now i take this when i need like have a occasion or for travel its Great Help me a LOT. also i try different Sleeping aids. Like Melatonin, Sleepasils. but did't work. Only CLONAZEPAM work Wonderfully! :)"

Markrey September 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "This drug has changed my life. I have severe panic disorder and derealization. I was having debilitating panic attacks daily. I felt like I was living in hell. My new doctor decided to switch me to this after Ativan seemed to not be helping. It has helped me live a normal life for the first time in years. After the first dose I was already feeling more calm, my racing thoughts have pretty much vanished. I still feel anxiety, but I am able to shut it down very quickly before it has the chance the turn into a full blown panic attack. I am so glad to have found this drug and have it work so well for me. The only downside is that it makes you drowsy, but I feel like you get used to it over time."

Kj1891 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Seizure Prevention: "Amazing. That's all that needs said. I take one at night which makes me tired and I have a great night sleep and wake up feeling brilliant. I feel as though I'm 'cured'. Recommend to anyone. Especially myoclonic and absence seizures."

Tarrie September 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have tried every medication under the sun for anxiety! I was born anxious I have always said. My doctor put me on Klonopin as more of a long term anxiety medication in her mind. It was such a miracle for me. I was prescribed 1mg x 2 at night, if needed for anxiety and Insomnia, at the time of my divorce. I found I was able to wake up the next day without feeling groggy if I had taken it the night before. When the panic and anxiety set in, it allowed me to calm down and get through the hardest moments. I only take it once in a while these days, but it truly helped me."

GlitterAnxietyWater (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2016