User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 1 reviews 42 medications

7.6
Sleep Paralysis 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 958 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is magic. The first few times you take it (if you take it before bed, I usually do because that's when a majority of my panic attacks occur), then you might wake up feeling zombie-ish for a few times in the beginning. For me, that side effect passed. Now, it's amazing for me. My best friend was on Xanax and she said it would just knock her out and by the time she woke up, it would be worn off and she would then panic all over again. Klonopin has not been like that for me because it has a longer half life, which means it stays in your system in effect for a longer period of time. I will say this - be careful. Honestly, I took 1/2 of a .5mg pill for a while and it did me well. Be safe with your usage and you'll love it."

Samanthaalucas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been using Clonazepam for insomnia and mild anxiety for the last 4 months and I can say that it is working miracles for me. I have been using a very very small dose - 0.25 mg in the evening for the first 3 months, now I am taking even less - 0.15 mg in the evening. I have 0.5 mg pills that I use to break into small pieces. The dosage is so small that I have no fear of becoming an addict. Even so, if my sleep and peace of mind mean being an addict, then I 'm more than happy to be one."

Jane Eyre September 28, 2015

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD after 2 tours in combat. I began to suffer from anxiety in 2009, I was prescribed Zoloft and Klonopin .25mg (as needed). Klonopin was an immediate relief for unexpected anxiety attacks. 15 minutes later I was functional again. After 2 years, Zoloft destroyed my libido. So I took myself off and relied only on Klonopin. It began as needed, then 2 a week, once everyday, and finally twice a day. The anxieties were reoccurring quite often, I quickly built a dependence to get me through the day. It turns out that I was getting anxiety due to my addiction to klonopin. I decided to get off cold turkey (not recommended) and I went through 2 weeks of withdrawals. its a quick relief but addictive. be careful!"

RafaUSMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "Was taking very small doses (0.1 mg) for 3 years - and one night after taking it on the previous night for sleep, I drank a few beers and had some type of dizzy spell - which resulted in becoming "sensitized" to Clonazepam. From that point on, I suffered side effects from either taking the drug or from trying to withdraw. I only gained relief after quitting Clonazepam with the aide of substitute medications (Olanzepine & Fluexatine (3-25mg)."

charliep429 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had been taking clonazepam for two years, then slowly stopped taking it. A couple weeks after not taking it, I had a grand mal seizure. Then a few more smaller petite seizures after that. I started up clonopin again and bam. No more seizures. It is a great drug for my BPD but I will caution you to talk to the doc before stopping it."

It helps but there's a catch September 25, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I had migraines for 20 years and just dealt with it the best I could. Doctors put me on all types of pain and triptan class drugs and while they numbed it they didn't do much. I would always awake with a migraine and it would last 3-4 days. 10 years ago a Dr gave me 0.5mg clonazpam at bedtime and BOOM headaches almost go away. I have forgot the bottle on weekly trips and do find my quality of sleep is reduced but overall no other side effects. Do plan to drop to .25 and .10 nightly if I can't cut them that small...but if the migraines return...they will bury me (of old age) with .5 in my bloodstream."

Thomas1942 (taken for 10 years or more) September 24, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I have suffered from panic attacks for 25 years, I was almost 6 years free of them in celexa after years of Ativan So I went on klonipin and I think it works very good , slow at first but 1-1.5 mg a day and I feel like I have my life back. Very good."

MyChef September 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "One of the only things that really helps my anxiety and panic attacks. It definitely improves my quality of life."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 22, 2015

Klonopin Wafer (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have PDSD and it's the only thing that helps me"

Bella lynn (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 22, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I am fairly certain that Clonazepam saved my life. I suffer from a phobia of vomiting, with frequent panic attacks (which of course make me nauseous, leading to even more panic). I was put on Clonazepam when I was sixteen, and I'm still on it at twenty eight. I've had to increase the dosage only once, very recently. Side effects are mild and usually limited to a slight feeling of sedation. Clonazepam utterly annihilates anxiety. The only reason I don't rate it as a ten is because of its addictive nature. Clonazepam should never be suddenly stopped, as the withdrawal is highly unpleasant. That being said, I'll take a functional physical addiction over a life lived in panic any day of the week."

Kurwenal (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2015

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "Along with BMS I have terrible Gerd, on a strict diet I think this had something to do with my burning stinging annoying painful tongue only on the right side. I still watch what I eat but since I have taken Clonazepam 1mg dissolved then spit I have no pain. This should be more widely announced to folks suffering."

dAlt64 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was prescribed Clonazepam on a situational basis, to help manage infrequent but severe anxiety attacks. Although I do find this drug does help to take the edge off in stressful situations like an interview or a crowded concert, the side effects and withdrawal symptoms are far too negative. While on it I feel drowsy and forgetful, and the next day and even up to two or three days later, I get depressed (more than I normally am) and cry A LOT. The last time I took it I had severe depression and even suicidal thoughts (which I never have really had before) for two full days after. That scared me enough to not want to ever take it again.. I highly recommend being careful and doing your research when it comes to Clonazepam."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Much less effective than mylan"

Bipoldog September 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I started having panic attacks that rendered me unable to even get up. My first one landed me in the hospital. I was disoriented, rooms looked like they were sideways, objects that were not moving looked like they were, I couldn't get enough air in, I needed to close my eyes, driving was out of the question and I was nauseated and terrified. After two weeks of being out of work I was put on Klonopin along with antidepressants. It is the only thing that has allowed me to function like I could before the panic/anxiety attacks started. The only drawback is that I have to take it at the same time each day and cannot miss a doseage or the dizziness, panic and feeling like I am going to pass out comes back. It has been a life saver."

DeejDee September 12, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I tried several other medications to treat my anxiety and panic attacks, this is the only medication that made me feel good without feeling like a zombie.."

Justin Case 1983 kc September 10, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I was given clonazepam 0.5mg as needed for panic attacks but have since been taking that dosage 2x a day for about 5 years. I don't want to go up on the dosage because I don't want to be one of those people taking 9mg a day. (but not I am saying, who cares if it gives your life back do it ) so at this point I am sure it's just the placebo effect, or not. But it saved my life so I am on this medication for life. When it gets really stressful or panicky, I take 1mg, like tonight. Panic attacks have all gone with this drug, and Prozac PS I got on this forum because I wanted to see stories of people taking it for 15 plus years, life. Thank you to those people. I feel better now."

anxiety go away September 8, 2015

For Anxiety: "I started taking this medication to replace Xanax in the early 90's. I am now 44 and have been on .5mg-2mg/day of this drug for almost 25 years. I also take sertraline (Zoloft) and buspirone (Buspar) for my depression, anxiety, panic, and OCD- all of which I've suffered with since childhood. The Clonazepam has been a wonderful drug which has allowed me time free from the agony of anxiety. It has also caused me problems with drowsiness and memory. Withdrawal has been manageable on a couple of occasions. I am currently on .25mg/day/prn and am trying to get off of it completely per my MD. The couple of time I came off of it precipitously to avoid drug screenings at work were some of the worst times of my life."

JebbaRebba September 7, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "I started out taking 1/2 mg 1 time a day. With in about 2 years I was taking 2 mg 3 times a day. It didn't work for me. I had been misdiagnosed by county mental health. I had PTSD NOT bipolar anxiety or borderline personality. I became severely addicted and was from about 2009 to 2014. I became very violent. And often got in legal trouble . I blacked out often. If I could go back and redo I would never take it. I would have done counselling. First. So many behaviours can be corrected with intense therapy. Medication only masked the real issue for me. It cost me many relationships, many nights in jail and much money I could have spent on my son. I pray for anyone who takes this DRUG..."

Misdiagnised September 6, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "I highly reccomend this. Whenever I feel something coming on, if I take this in time, it will take all symptoms away. Besides leaving me a little tired, it is totally worth it. Gives a sense of ease and reliability"

Anonymous September 6, 2015

For Anxiety: "I was on Klonopin just recently to help my anxiety (since then I've been switched to Abilify and Effexor to help, but I may be put back on again). I feel anxiety basically all day, everyday. It always wells within me. Klonopin helped take the edge off of my anxiety so I could feel like I could actually breathe. I was disappointed that I was taken off, but at least I may be put back on again. It helps so much when you have terrible anxiety and need something to help you."

anaisu (taken for less than 1 month) September 5, 2015

For Anxiety: "After years of increasing my dosage of Xanax to a dangerous level of treatment, I've finally found a benzodiazepine that works the same every time. It has worked this way for over a year and a half. I am taking 2mg as needed. Taking it on an empty stomach is crucial for full effects."

Nino Cap (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "The best anti-anxiety drug I've taken, bar none. Xanax works for me as well but Klonopin seems to have a more subtle, drawn-out effect on me. I can take it at day or at night, it doesn't make me sleepy but I rest better when I take it. Takes a little while to kick in, but that's not a problem for me. Just an all-around godsend."

Nobody's Hero (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "I was prescribed clonazepam by a VA psychiatrist because I was having jitteriness from an anti-depressant (Paxcil). He prescribed 2/mg/day. I had been having seizures - later diagnosed as psychogenic non epileptic seizures - for several years, and while taking clonazepam the seizure frequency was reduced, and almost completely stopped. All the regular epilepsy medications tried had NO effect, only clonazepam has been effective in reducing or stopping my seizures. Paxcil, strangely, made me increasingly violent until I stopped it."

Spirit7 (taken for 10 years or more) August 31, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I just started taking it so my body still has to adjust but I notice that I have gotten some sleep. I have an extremely important medical issues going on right now. "

Cherokeenative2015 August 31, 2015

For Insomnia: "Took 2 mg dose to help me get on a normal sleep schedule. Had the best sleep ever in my life. The biggest problem with the drug is it is highly addictive and I went through extreme withdrawals coming off it. Reduced dosage .5mg every couple weeks until I was off it. Caused vomiting, heaving sweating, loss of appetite, etc. My advice use it on a strict schedule same time each night and slowing reduce dosage over time."

Ballington August 28, 2015