User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.5 1,262 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "This medication was useful for the first few months but I have spent the last six tapering and getting off of it, it is truly poison and was NEVER meant to be taken long term, you will develop a tolerance keep needing more and more to achieve the same affect, it causes memory issues, fertility problems and increased anxiety over time, agoraphobia and depression. Getting off of it almost ruined my life but was the best decision I ever made, please for the love of all do not ever touch this medication, there are other ways"

Songbird127 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 1, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Have been taking Klonopin for nearly 20 years. At one point my doctor was prescribing 3mg per day. The past couple years I've been taking .25mg (1/4) mg per day. It has been very helpful in preventing panic attacks and reducing my anxiety in general. My only side effect has been mild drowsiness. My doctor has tried to help me go off this medication completely on 2 occasions. The 1st time I developed muscle spasms throughout my body including rapid heartbeat. The 2nd time I became unable to sleep and anxiety attacks resumed. Both times my dosage was decreased gradually over a period of 2 to 3 months after I'd been taking 1 mg per day. Since then, when my doctor suggested trying to ween me off it again I reminded him of the prior problems."

Tested in PA April 30, 2017

For Anxiety: "Have taken these for a few yrs and its given me my life back. Its a much more even keel positive experience than say valium or xanax. It comes on slowly and lasts for a decent amount of time. I can't say anything negative about it. I've gone a few days without it and never experienced anything dramatic. I think and function very well under klonapin, and it gets a 10 in my book."

REBELWITHAKAUZE (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 27, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I take zoloft and the mix was a nightmare!!! it made me more agitated than I normally am ever! beware!"

moonshadowing1 April 27, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I was prescribed klonopin for my sleeping anxiety. I just have a fear I guess you would call it of going to sleep. My mind constantly races over really bad things and keeps me up all night. I can't fall asleep until I'm extremely drowsy. However, this is an anxiety medication so would I be ok to take during the day at work to calm my anxiety or will it knock me out like it does at night? Just curious that maybe since I have the mentality that I'm going to bed soon is why it makes me so drowsy as opposed to being up and busy at work. I get overwhelmed with anxiety at work sometimes and have nothing to help with it."

CW2 April 25, 2017

For Insomnia: "I took this as I was not sleeping well with Parkinson's Disease I fell several times and really hurt myself. My balance was much worse."

HeyJude77 April 24, 2017

For Anxiety: "Fantastic All I have to say I have bad anxiety since high school. Had social issues in school for as long as I can remember and it affected me severely even into the college years. Should have had it prescribed years earlier, but it has worked incredibly well for me since 2013. I ONLY take AS TRULY NEEDED.....this can be very addictive, so one MUST USE RESPONSIBLY. P.S. Xanax sucked."

Patient111 April 23, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "I have taken this medicine for at least 15 years now. I started having panic attacks in my 20s and found out I had mitral valve prolapse, which can cause a person to be more likely to have panic attacks. For years I took 0.5 mg at bedtime, now take 0.75 mg. In addition to 25 mg. Lexapro once in the evening. Haven't had a panic attack in years. This is a great drug, but it is hard for me to get up in the morning sometimes. I'll take that over panic attacks any day, though."

Coolcarl (taken for 10 years or more) April 19, 2017

For Insomnia: "Very good in anxiety, panic attack and insomnia!"

DJ Rivo April 15, 2017

For Anxiety: "I've suffered from severe agoraphobia and anxiety for about two years now. I missed so many opportunities because I was a scared of leaving my comfort-zone and I was experiencing a panic attack. I tried Celexa for a time, but it wasn't helpful and I continued to get worse and worse. Eventually, I felt severe anxiety whenever I left my house and experienced panic attacks on any trip that took longer than 10-15 minutes. Trying clonazepam has COMPLETELY changed my life for that better. Just 1.5 mg and suddenly I can travel 30-40 minutes down town, no anxiety or panic in sight. I've been going out more, confident and happier than I've ever been- I finally remember what it was like to live without agoraphobia. I owe everything to this wonderful drug!!"

Rose C. April 13, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This is a medicine my son is using/abusing. It is highly addictive. I see no benefits for long term use. Even after 90 day rehab he went straight back to his doctor and lied about the nature of his treatment and got a new supply. He basically sleep walks through the day. Before this he never used anything stronger than asprin."

Step-dad9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 12, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "Clonazepam is helping me"

Gioantonnello April 11, 2017

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I have had a severe and chronic case of RLS for 40 years. Twice I've considered taking my life, when ill-informed doctors who did not understand combinations or rotations, or the destructive effects of the disease, refused to prescribe life-saving medication because of their biases and lack of training. One has to balance the risk with the benefits. I can no longer take Requip or Mirapex. That leaves opioids, Gabapentin, Rigotitone and benzodiazepines. No knowledgeable Dr will cold turkey a patient on a benzodiazepine or any other RLS drug for that matter. That creates suffering and, unfortunately, suicide in many cases. Anyone reading this please find a physician who knows how to diagnose and treat RLS. Support groups can help."

arancano (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 10, 2017

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "This is a great drug but you have to be disciplined with it. It's not a cure, only an aid. Writing this review in April 2017, I've been on it for a month shy of ten years. I started at 0.5 mg twice a day and that's the dose I'm still on. You have to resist the urge to increase the dose and instead work on yourself. There will be bad times...you just have to accept that and work to minimize them. And don't drink on clonazepam. It multiplies the effect of alcohol to an astounding degree and I find it to be extremely unpleasant. Giving up drinking even socially wasn't hard, though when I refuse drinks people assume I'm a recovering alcoholic. Even nursing a single bourbon and coke will get me pretty sloppy...it's just not worth it."

Angzietee (taken for 10 years or more) April 6, 2017

For Anxiety: "It works well. Benzos are very helpful if used appropriately. I take 1-2 mg twice a day and I have my life back. Everybody is different. I'm a male in my 20's with a family history of anxiety, and I prefer Klonopin over Xanax for sure. Dosage is relative to the specific individual and their symptoms. My pdoc was not willing to prescribe this long term or at the dosage I need. Thankfully my psychiatrist has a clue and has helped me enormously."

Bengals (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 6, 2017

For Insomnia: "My insomnia started as a teenager. I started out with lunesta. It had no effect. Next came the Ambien which caused me to sleep walk essentially. *one of the most dangerous drugs on the market*. I started contemplating why I couldn't sleep every night and it went along the lines of an anxious curiosity. Thinking to myself I wonder what the molecular structure of that plaster looks like. So I asked to try something more anxiety based and less sleep aid based. I have been taking it periodically when required for the past 10 years with breaks in between. 2 mg will knock me out hard but 1-1.5 mg is a pretty good dose to just relax me. I've never been very dependent, no withdrawals, and I have never built up a tolerance to it."

CiaraLin (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 4, 2017

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for anxiety...Particularly because of nighttime anxiety that prevents sleep and then triggers a migraine in the morning. I was on it for 3 months at 1mg nightly. I honestly didn't notice a reduction in anxiety or an increase in sleep. I came off after three months cold turkey after my script ran out. I've had horrible withdrawals from other drugs but not this one! But I have heard stories of it's addiction ruining lives!"

SugarBrookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2017

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam has relieved anxiety for me in extreme situations, after invasive cancer surgery this medication along with oxycodone made my recovery a lot more humane."

Lucia1999 March 24, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've tried Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin with my generalized anxiety disorder. Klonopin is not super strong but gets the job done and lasts a whole lot longer than the others. Not as easily addictive since you don't feel the need to take more because of its long half life. Please don't involve yourself with Xanax. It's terrible. Short lasting and way too strong."

Nuitdelamort (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 21, 2017

For Insomnia: "I tried 1 mg clonazepam, It did work for my insomnia, But I did look up the half life of it which is up to 30-40 hours. Plus the withdraw from it, So I weened myself off of it. Spoke to my doctor about what else is there and I was prescribed 150 mg trazodone. It works Great. If you look up the side effects it will say definitely not to be used for a sleep aid. it is safe to use in smaller milligrams like I use. 150 mg."

CodyBlue March 20, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Worst drug I have ever taken for anxiety. I took it as prescribed and it actually caused me to have episodes of crying and anxiety. Well thats wonderful, a drug that made me worse. Stay away from this, it could ruin your life if you get addicted"

Crazycatlady1997 March 18, 2017

For Anxiety: "I used to have panic attacks every time we went out to eat, I couldn't sit in the movies without a panic attack, I couldn't travel without anxiety and eventually a panic attack. I was always in a state of panic. I went to the urgent care with heart palps, and was given a script for clonazepam .05mg and I take it once at night. I finally sleep through the night, I don't wake up groggy, and it lasts throughout the next day because I can do the things I Never was able to do before. I use it with caution because I don't want to become dependent but at the same time, I wasn't really functioning very well before. I am thankful for it!"

Lee369 March 17, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Meh....still anxious and climbing the walls."

Joy45 (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This drug should not be prescribed for more than two weeks (and this has been known since the eighties). Most Doctors in the USA don't have a clue about what benzos do to the lives of the patients they are prescribing to, and especially how difficult it is for patients to withdraw from these drugs. I was completely dependent on clonazepam after 30 days, and remained on it for about eight years, before I realized I had to get off of clonazepam, if I wanted a chance to become healthy again. It took me 7 horrifying months to taper off, and I became disabled during that time. I lost about 85% of my long and short term memory during that time. I am educated, but I did not research this drug before I took it. Please don't make that mistake."

Eric12769 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 16, 2017

For Anxiety: "I give this medicine a 10 only because it does its job...but it did cause me to get a criminal case against me for "driving under the influence of a scheduled drug" in which I will have to appear in court for. All because the cop (without any doctor experience or medical school education) thought the blood levels were "high". I hadn't taken a pill since 13 hours beforehand!....and I NEVER abused the klonopin due to its strong properties. This does make some people I know very mean who are generally very sweet when they take it. But, I have taken xanax, valium, and klonopin and the klonopin has worked in my opinion-the best for longterm panic and anxiety issues. can be used for bipolar disorder so that's a plus."

Chelseabergstresser (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 15, 2017