User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 11 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.3
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 1116 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "Thanks to benzos I've able to function properly even in the most chaotic days. Of course it is not supposed to be used as treatment and I don't! But there are days when the ssri's and the physical exercises aren't enough to contain my anxiety, then I appeal to Clonazepam. Thanks to it, I no longer experience huge gaps in my routine due to anxiety attacks associated with agorophobia. I never really felt any side effects or emotionally sedated (as have happened with other drugs). Also, since I've been going well through conditions once I avoided, my behavoir is changing and I'm needing everytime less help from the medication. The last 30 pills package lasted 8 months"

Adrian123 June 20, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "This is the drug that was a total game changer for me. I was on effexor and abilify because of severe depression and suicidal ideation (at only 19 :(). While the abilify and effexor helped with the depression, I was extremely anxious, jumpy, panicky, and unable to sleep at all. Klonopin changed all that. I am now able to do anything with no anxiety, no intrusive thoughts, and am visibly much less tense and more relaxed than I have ever been. I can go to work, take public transport, and interact with customers with absolutely NO anxiety anymore. If you sound like me, I highly suggest at least giving this medication a try. It saved my life."

rmahon (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2016

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Seizure Prevention: "I have been taking Clonazepam for nearly 30 years. Started at 15 years of age and went from approximately 300 mild absent spells (i call them mind blanks) to 5. Huge impact on my life. I am on the original dose of 1mg but on my tired days i take an extra 1mg in the afternoon or evening. In the last 6 years or so I've suffered terrible insomnia which has me some nights not sleeping at all. So not sure if thats related..especially given this drug is used for insomnia and anxiety. I may have side effects but have been taking it so long i dont really notice. Also took this through 3 pregnancies and have 3 healthy children. Wish i could come off but too busy with work and kids."

BeckyBoobah2002 June 18, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Clonazepam. 1mg in am. 1 mg at bedtime. Helps with myoclonus symptoms and sleep at night. Side effect is severe aggravation. Along with this I take Venlafaxin for Double Depression. Neither does anything for anxiety. Think the Clonazepam needs to go away in the daytime and perhaps a trileptic for anxiety. Not crazy about Benzos."

dibbits (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "My doctor began prescribing klonapin1 mg 3 times a day when I was 23 years old to help treat anxiety and sleep disorders. I took the xanax for 11 years and it did help my symptoms although I did build up a tolerance pretty fast but kept at same dose. But when my doctor retired and a new doctor took over his practice I was abruptly discontinued the xanax. This was a dangerous thing to do. I began to go into withdrawals within one day without the xanax. The withdrawals were excruciating and lasted for weeks. I was in constant extreme anxiety. Sleep was nearly totally absent for more than two weeks. My thoughts started to become almost to the point of psychosis which also lasted for weeks. So never abruptly stop benzos unless medically supervi"

Donnie Don (taken for 10 years or more) June 16, 2016

42 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Yes, this medication works. It works very well for chronic anxiety disorder and sudden onsets of severe panic attacks. Knowing what I know now, I wish with all my being it had never ever been prescribed to me, and without the absurd nonchalance dozens of practitioners have portrayed. I'm 32 and have been prescribed clonazopam for 14 years. Ive been in situations where my health insurance is in transition and I must go off the medication abruptly-- this is when I realized how deep I was. Weeks upon weeks of non stop physical, emotional, and psychological withdrawal effects that are like hell. Words cannot accurately describe just how awful it is. This, again, has been my experience during withdrawal as a long term clonazopam patient. All skin, especially the face, becomes numb. Vision gets fuzzy and difficult to see clearly. Panic attacks become extremely exasperated, frequent and debilitating. Severe irritability. Worst of all: a terrifying disconnection between your mind and body; as if you're an onlooker watching and feeling this horrible thing happen to you, but not actually feeling connected to any of it-- that one is tough to explain. All of this... It can lasts months, maybe more. That's right. Not just some one week hump to overcome. After finding how awful the withdrawal is I've been attempting to ween very very slowly down from 3 2mg doses per day to eventually zero, hopefully. After six months of gradually decreases in dose I'm now at 2- 1mg doses per day and I'm not sure how or if I can go much less than that. No doctors I've had have been of any help. The ween down was my idea and the rate of it was also my idea based on experience. It sure would be nice to meet a doctor that truly had knowledge of this withdrawal syndrome and took it a bit more seriously. I am confident that the medication is no longer treating my anxiety disorder, but simply preventing withdrawal from the meds themselves. And there don't seem to be any good alternatives. It's a long road ahead, please think it over and over with someone knowledgeable before being so quick to embrace this miracle drug. The truth is that most of us actually need very real psychotherapy, not chemicals that run our lives. Once again, all my point of view from my personal experience. It feels very good to share this."

Anne Regret (taken for 10 years or more) June 11, 2016

152 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Taken( 2) 1mg, 3 times a day and (3)1 mg at bed time. No issues still helping after two plus years."

John T. June 7, 2016

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "Was prescribed Clonazepam for short term use while adjusting to Lexapro. It worked quite well to keep panic at bay with it's long half life. Prescribed .5 mg 3X daily, but I only took as needed as I was wary of dependence. Lexapro is now working great for me and my extra Clonazepams are fun for weekend relaxation. I can feel their additives quality just with occasional use. I would never recommend for long term daily use. That's a dead end road to hell."

c93 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 7, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "At the age of 58 I was revictimized (psychologically) by a male RN co-worker. I had had absolutely no idea that I could have been severely sexually abused as a child and that the perpetrator had to have been my own father. The revictimization caused me great PTSD so I sought a therapist for help with that, and it was she who told me that I absolutely must have been abused by him because it could not have been anyone else. Clonazepam works great for me and I have no side effects. I've been on 2 mg. 3X/day for many years due to the horrible therapy I must endure. Often I feel that I'm not getting enough but my psychiatrist said that I am at the absolute maximum and that it would be dangerous to take more. I follow his advice."

Christie (alias) (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I was hopeful this medication would help me with insomnia, but have had a mixed experience. At 0.5, I get very sleepy but don't necessarily fall asleep. It does last long which helps with morning anxiety if you take it at night. I do find it helps me to sleep if I pair it with an antihistamine (I use hydroxyzine, under a doctor's prescription, 15 or 20mg). So clonazepam is a decent anti-anxiety medication, but I didn't find it to be very helpful (alone) as a sleep aid."

Jillybean22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "last 15 tears of taking Klonopin have been a total improvement of my quality of life. and an improvement in anxiety to the point where I am like the friendliest guy in town so to speak. where as before taking Klonopin I had severe social phobia . as a result the stress was definetly related to making me get cancer at 40 years of age. it works. buspar and all the other more popular anti anxiety meds did not work and I don't want to stop taking Klonopin. William P."

fireplug (taken for 10 years or more) June 4, 2016

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "21 y/o female, work in the medical field, severe anxiety for about 5 years now, always been hesitant about taking meds for fear of medication dependency. In the past year, my anxiety has gotten to the point where I am isolated & developing depression. I finally broke down and was prescribed Klonopin 0.5mg daily as needed. It takes the edge off and gives me a genuine good feeling while allowing me to keep a CLEAR head and keep my patients safe. I was marijuana dependent as a teen b/c it improved my moods the same way, so I see the potential for dependency here. I am seeing a therapist and intend on using this until I learn other ways to cope. It does help you to think positively so you can begin your recovery. Great short term drug."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Panic Disorder: "I started taking clonazepam about a month ago, I take 0.5mg at 1 1/2 tablets 4 times a day and with what I've been through in the past 11 years it has helped me get my life back"

Shadeena (taken for less than 1 month) May 29, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I didn't think there was anything to help my tinnitus after a head injury. My neurologist prescribed Clonazepam to help the sleep problems caused by tinnitus. I finally get some relief and a better nights sleep without the constant interruptions from the ringing."

Mlmjb1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have suffered with anxiety dies order, PTSD, and OCD for as long as I can remember so my psychiatrist put me on Clonazepam. After taking it for 2 months I noticed I was angry all the time, I had no patience and had irritable and hostile thoughts. It never really helped curb the OCD or the intrusive thoughts/worries. I immediately stopped taking it and was switched to Luvox which has worked wonders for my anxiety and OCD. Would never go back to this medication."

CT Anxiety (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have ERD - Emotional Regulation Disorder (aka BPD, Borderline Personailty Disorder) & C-PTSD - Complex Post Tramatic Stress Disorder...OMG has this medication helped, I had so many symtoms with the two disorders I would of been better off in hell, afraid to go places, thought people were looking at me, paranoid, agoraphobic, lived in the house like it was prison a pure hermit, had to get girlfriend to cut my lawns, afraid neighbours were looking at me and judging me, pure panic and low self esteem, if someone emotionally or physically hurt me i would explode with rage and really do damage to them, scratching my head till i was leaving bald pathches and biting my nails till there was nothing left, self harm to escape the emotional pain."

SparkWizzz (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 24, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I take 1mg every 3 days controls pain from costochondritis"

patrick g May 20, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "(TEXT LIMIT) 36, suffered since childhood. Anxiety, Depression, and panic attacks. Believing I have heart problems, heart pounding that my mind is creating, hatred, anger, anger, anger, and lack of ever really just feeling good. And by good, I don't mean parties and hooking up two people to date. I mean just taking in life and acknowledging nature for those very brief beautiful moments I only have vague memories of doing. This drug helped me, and I wish I could stay on it, but I can't. It built tolerance, affected my memory, and started degrading my cognitive functions. Outside of that, the search was finally over when I got on it, but now it's back to hell because I can't stay. Everyone is different, don't increase the dose."

Karl H. (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Best benzodiazepine out there for extreme anxiety,panic attacks and social anxiety."

akmll555 (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 16, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "It is horrible. I am cutting down according to doctors recomendations! I now take just .5 mg at bed time around 8 pm. I get hit with drowsiness mid day, even though I haven,t taken any medications or supplements! This horrible medication doesn,t even help my anxiety! Xanax is the worst benzodiazepine! It caused terrible rebound anxiety! And if you have depression, or know anyone with this problem, NEVER HAVE MORE THAN 3 YEARS OF ELECTRO CONVULSIVE TREATMENT! I HAVE MANY PROBLEMS DUE TO A FALL, AND HITTING MY HEAD! MY LIFE HAS BEEN HE'LL SINCE THEN! TAKE EXTREME CAUTION! CHECK OUT YOUR DOCTOR VERY CAREFULLY! MINE WAS A QUACK!"

259 May 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Bipolar Disorder: "Great for "resetting" at bedtime when feeling a little upswing with Bipolar. I have noticed after a day of being a little up, the Klonopin drops the intensity and brain energy nicely to allow for rest and relaxing. I do notice that if I don't take it, because I may not feel like I need it one night, that it is harder to get to sleep. I also have experienced some short term memory loss when taking 1.5 mg (3 x .5 mg) the next day. It has also helped me with anxiety when depressed. Great drug!"

Manuel231 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 15, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "Works better than the short acting benzo's like xanax and ativan. Stays in your system a good 12 hours and KEEPS my GAD at bay without having any panic attacks."

Quando62 (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "i have had rls ever since i can remember. about 6 years ago dr put me on clonazepam .5 i only take 1 about every 4-6 days. it has worked great for night but can't take it when i drive but it does help keep the number of times i get it lower no side effects that i can tell"

itworksformee May 11, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety: "I have bipolar 1. I have major anxiety from it . so my dr put me on .05 four times a day along with gabapentin and my other medicenes that i take daily. This medicene helps my anxiety. I feel like i can live again."

sunraez May 10, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Insomnia: "I had reall bad insomnia didn't know what to do. I had be laking sleep so bad I was desprate so a friend had clonazapam for sleeping and she gave me one to try and I slept like a baby. It also helps with anxiety I've ben on them for quiet some time now I take two 0.5 mgs evry other night and i find they are not helping any more for sleeping so would it hurt to take another"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 7, 2016