User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Clonazepam.

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

Sleep Paralysis
6.3

Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,208 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

For Anxiety: "I was involved in an accident a few months ago that claimed the life of the person I was with and tried to rescue. Both of us had to be flown out; I made it, they didn't. I had prior, minor anxiety issues; but never had the need for medication or treatment. I was one of those people who thought anxiety/panic attacks were more of a mental/attention-seeking action. I was wrong. I now know what it's like to wake up at 1 am (sometimes reliving the scenario) and be in complete chest-pounding panic. I now know what it's like to have certain words or topics of discussion trigger major anxiety issues. I take this (1mg dose) med, as needed (post event, day or night), to help calm anxiety issues; currently 0-3 times per week (more a few months ago)."

LoneSurvivor (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "Helps my anxiety just generally puts me in a better mood - I can actually deal with life happily now"

willbur franks December 29, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I suffer from GAD, panic attacks and digestive issues. I am grateful for being prescribed this medication. It has saved me from dozens of visits to the emergency room. Just 0.25mg once in the morning takes off the edge so that I can get on with my day. I tapered off my daily use after 1 year with not too much difficulty except for dizziness, headaches and some anxiety (over 6-8 weeks) Now I just take it twice a week as needed. Some of the side effects that I experience while on this medication is slight forgetfulness and eyes seem sensitive to bright lights. Key is using the lowest dose possible that works for you."

BXGuy December 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "Not quite strong enough for me by itself, but it helped me sleep easier during the roughest period of my life (losing my mother) when combined with xanax, ativan, Halcion, lamictal, and risperdal (though I did have problems with the risperdal - but I put that there)."

espresso_dreams (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I had been on Zoloft for about a year or so which helped manage my anxiety, but didn't help when it came to a very stressful day or event that led to side effects like racing heart, labored breathing, sweating, stomach ulcers, etc. I needed something that I could take immediately to stave an anxiety attack off. My doctor prescribed Klonopin and I'm so grateful for it. For me, it doesn't make me tired, lethargic, or dull me down. I was afraid of a medication that would just sedate me. This drug takes the edge off and makes me feel good enough to continue with my day. I haven't had any side effects."

LauraHayden December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Seizure Prevention: "Suppresses all stress on my nerves I sleep all night without any interruptions. If you have to wake up early in the morning, take it early night hours. I've been seizure free for 8 years since I've been taking clobazepam"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 19, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Lamictal has controlled my bipolar type 2 which manifests as depression & hypomania. I never have full blown mania. My GYN Dr prescribed hormone replacement treatment to treat my mood swings. It completely inactivated my Lamictal so it was as if I went off it cold turkey. It was the most horrible experience of my life! My HR increased to 130, my BP to 160/98, my thoughts raced & then I couldn't focus or make sense & made serious mistakes. I didn't sleep >15 hours in 5 days and no sleep the last 48 hrs. Klonopin saved me when 4 meds failed. Just don't ever drive!! I plan on using Uber!! Hope this helps someone! As w/all meds will need to adjust & figure out how to taper off. I have an amazing Pdoc though & I have strong faith. "

Anonymous December 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've been on Clonazepam for five years now. I take it for general anxiety disorder. This is a miracle drug. I don't care what the critics say about the idea that it's addictive or that you build up a tolerance or any of the other hundreds of negative things they say about this drug. All the negative effects they claim you'll experience haven't happened to me. And trust me, if anyone feels the side effects of drugs, it's me. All the cold and flu medications, antihistamine, etc. that say they are non drowsy (i.e. Clartin) knock me out completely. Sure, this drug is addictive, but so is your heart medication. If you go off it, you might get a heart attack. Listen to the doctors, not the Internet."

AnthonyJr December 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "This is the only thing that has ever worked for me and continues to work for me on a regular basis. As long as I take it according to the dose my doctor prescribed I have never had an issue with this drug not working the way it's supposed to. On that note, I wouldn't say that it's for everyone, and if you are going to use Kpins, be aware that this drug can be addicting and the withdrawals are next to unbearable. So use them with Therapy for the best results, not just a script from an M.D... best"

Bedtime 4 Benzo (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I've taken so many different meds and this one is the only one that's ever worked for preventing panic attacks from anxiety. Which happen often because I have social anxiety and phobias. I never developed a dependency even after stopping it for a few years when I quit taking my mood stabilizer as well."

MeliRz December 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had severe insomnia since being diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1999. I will be awake all night without meds. Ambien was the worst as far as side effects--should be off the market. I now take 2 mg of Clonazepan and 10 mg of Doxepin. Still takes me hours to fall asleep, but at least I do. Best I've taken so far. Only side effect for me is that I don't feel low blood sugars until the 40's (I'm diabetic). So I check my BS often. Have not slept through a night since 1998. Hoping to increase dosage next doctor visit."

Desperate for sleep (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I've been taking clonazepam 5 mg to 10mg tablets as needed for anxiety and nerve pain for 4 years now, and also have ADD. As of lately I've noticed that about an hour after taking clonazepam I felt restless and tense, almost jittery and my muscles tightened up and I was wide awake so I basically got 2 hours of sleep at night. I would say that after long term use, even if it is as needed, clonazepam definitely causes affects of insomnia and muscle stiffness."

34 year old female (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Hi all! Over 15 years I am on Clonazepam. CVS doesnt give Klonopin they substitute it with generic Clonazepam. Is there any difference between Klonopin and Clonazepam? I beg all to help me! I want to withdraw from this drug. I am unsuccessful on that. All doctors say that you have to find interesting hobby, be in circle of friends, around family, be more in nature. I have done this all, but it does not work. I have chemical addiction, drink high quality water, but it does not work too. Again, I ask everyone for help!!! Sarah"

Sarah5333 (taken for 10 years or more) December 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Migraine Prevention: "I have many health issues, but the worst have been chronic migraines for the past 5 years! They have gotten progressively worse and I feel like I am constantly fighting them off and I've tried everything. I have Relpax as a rescue drug and it works great, but I am only supposed to use it twice a week or else face rebound headaches. I asked my doc to prescribe Klonopin, mostly because I am under a lot of stress and I had read that it could help with TMJ disorder (I grind my teeth badly) and I have restless leg syndrome, Fibro and RA. What I didn't expect was for it to reduce my migraines considerably. I take .5 mg 3 times daily. I only had to take my Relpax 3 times last month! and I'm not fighting them off all the time! Freedom!"

Freedom in a pill December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I have had trouble sleeping for at least 10-12 years. My brain doesn't seem to shut down. OTC like Benadryl has no effect on me at all. After many trials, my doctor found than a combination of Clonazepam and Tranzadone work great for me. They two don't make me sleepy at all but instead calm down my brain activity in order to go to sleep. I take them about two hours before going to bed. In addition, I found that the Brand name Qualitest for Clonazepam works better than Teva. I've been using this combination for about three years and they work great."

jMARIEb (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Burning Mouth Syndrome: "After suffering with burning mouth syndrome for over a year, my doctor said that he had had good luck with one other patient using orally disintegrating clonazepam. I quickly got his Rx for it. It dissolves easily on my tongue (no bad taste) and I take it twice a day, 12 hours apart. After about 10 days I can say than I am ecstatic that my burning mouth syndrome seems to have disappeared. I have a little left over mouth pain but that I can attribute to my upper denture. I don't know if this will work for everyone, but I certainly think it's worth a try if you can tolerate it. My only side effects were a little dizziness for a couple of days (didn't drive), then daytime drowsiness. I don't work, so this posed no problem for me. hurray!"

JBB7951 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I was an iv meth user for 6 months and I'm really proud to say I'm clean since march 05/16. I went one month detox until I couldn't handle the racing thoughts and tense-ness through my whole body. Finally I go to a doctor and Valium fixed me up for one month then weaned of that. Still experiencing some same symptoms so he tried propranolol. Which helped take the edge off but hardly so I switched to Zoloft which was hard! But much better thoughts. Still tense still freeze up in situations still worry about an minor inconvenience I would cry and think about death just death in general my brain would stick to one thing and float around everything else. Until I got clonazapam. I can think things through, keep calm when pressured, and live!"

Alivinglady November 28, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I took this medication for insomnia and towards the end of my manic episode my brain was gone when I was really logical and smart and insightful during my episode the nurses and resident thought and didn't even think I had a mental illness and thought it was only my personality (I have schizoaffective disorder bipolar type) but by the end of my recovery and after the high doses of clonazepam and only being on it for 2 months I was already doing stupid stuff I wouldn't ever do and even called my cousin my other cousin's name on thanksgiving when I greeted him and I've never been this stupid in my life."

someone114 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "benzos will burn your nervous system and neural circuits, dont be stupid this drug is just a mask to the problem, once you get off it. if you have a panic disorder, your panic attacks will explode during the withdrawal, if you find hope in this drug, I seriously recommend you rethink your life decisions before taking it any further, I had bad experience, it took only 1 benzo for me to realize this isnt the cure. To those people suffering panic attacks, you have to conquer it naturally and with SSRI meds, I wouldn't take the time to come here and write this if I didnt want to help anyone, benzos are like any other illicit drug, they blind you and make you think you just took 5 steps forward, when you come off it you are 100 steps back.GL"

anonyy November 25, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I've had severe anxiety for as long as I can remember...clonazepam has actually helped in so many ways I would recommend it if your anxiety is really bad. The cons though it makes you sleepy "

Numberoneashley November 21, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "Don't know as yet because am just about to go on to it...Sounds really intriging!! i say with abated breath as I'm plum-tuckered colloquial for absolutely pooped.. That means in slang that I am really tired and out of sorts...In other words up the pole...Absolutely all-in.. Good morning am soon going to have a nap on the office floor...10.04a.m GMT Grantham mean time!!!??"

Basil Hare (taken for less than 1 month) November 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Insomnia: "I don't understand why there are so many high (8-10) ratings for this drug. After reading so many who experienced negative effects, yet they gave a high rating. My first night taking my 1mg. prescription, I woke up thirsty and spilled water all over myself. Not a big deal. A while later, I rolled out of bed onto a bedside table and bruised myself badly. I had never before fallen out of bed. After the first night, I slept well and continued using it with no noticeable side effects. After using up my 3 months prescription, I was told that I needed to go to my doctor's office for paper prescription. I'm 68 years old, disabled and live 16 miles from my doctor's office. I am now suffering with horrible withdrawal symptoms!"

Spd 1341 November 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed .5mg to be taken 2 times daily for anxiety. At first I would only take a single .5mg dose every once in a while if I had an anxiety issue, which seemed to help a bit. Well, last week I was anxious most of the week so I decided to take a single, .5mg dose once a day for 4 days straight. Boy was that a bad idea!!! 2 days after stopping, my anxiety symptoms skyrocketed multiple times worse than before I even started the medicine. I had severe withdrawal symptoms for over a week after and didn't know a dependence could be gained in such a short period of time. My psychiatrist even said it was nearly impossible for that short a period at that dose. I won't continue this medication. Beware!"

Mitchell1980 November 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety: "I take .5 klonopin and i still get really bad anxiety on it. I tried telling my psych about it but she said it was okay. Personally, I dont think it works and im 122lb."

SARannR November 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Not Listed / Other: "I have been on this med when I was diagnosed with UC in 2007. Due to the nature of my job and the stress. I only take when needed, have gone over a month when it wasn't needed. Also, anyone who has WD from this med must be on a large dose. I personally never experienced any problems when off it. It's a miracle pill for me. Every six months I see my gastroenterologist and stay on top of all info on the medication. It's a blessing."

Jersey Shore November 13, 2016