User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin, Klonopin Wafer

Learn more about Clonazepam.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder 1 reviews 13 medications

Sleep Paralysis 2 reviews 1 medications

6.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 977 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Clonazepam

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I switched to Klonopin from Xanax and Doxepin because Klonopin is not addictive and had no side effect. Could not drive for months my new car, but when Klonopin was added to Zoloft I was able to drive and deal with every day routine as a normal person."

Magdoula October 27, 2015

For Restless Legs Syndrome: "I've experienced RLS for over 20 years. After trying various techniques I finally resorted to medication. I started with 2.5 mg diazepam before bed time with good success. After some major back surgery, I could no longer use diazepam and was prescribed all Clonazepam 1mg before bed. After a few months due to excessive drowsiness I lowered to 0.5mg and was able to reduce the overall drowsiness factor and still able to control the RLS. If I have a bad night I will take another 0.5mg if needed. I've tried Lyricia and Oxycodone with poor results. I have not had any addictive issues with any of my meds. As a side note, I've also tried 420 with poor results."

Ffjohnnie October 24, 2015

For Anxiety: "Took .5 mg in am and 1.5 mg in pm for 7 days as prescribed for anxiety. Unfortunately, I experienced a paradoxical reaction to this medication, resulting in extremely high anxiety, depression, irritability, etc., which led to a stay in the hospital. I know paradoxical reactions are considered to be rare - just be aware if you take this med and you feel worse, talk to your doctor right away."

Belia74 (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "klonopin was fast-acting and highly-effective for my anxiety. Be aware though! Very bad experiences developed on the few occasions I couldn't get a refill. The withdraw is immediate and the world literally stops. I could not think, eat or breathe properly. Eventually I began taking it just to avoid withdraw symptoms. I took it for ten years and got slowly weaned off of it."

judie99 October 24, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I am diagnosed with PTSD, panic attacks and OCD. I have been on this drug for 2 days and I think it's great. I am again able to drive without getting into panic attack. It frees my mind from OCD thoughts however it does make me tired. I take .25 mg in am and .25 mg at night. I am hoping the tiredness will go away with time."

janda40269 October 23, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Upping my 10mg Paxil dose to 20mg sparked quite a few anxiety episodes for me. My doctor said the Paxil would take 2.5 weeks for the new increased dosage to kick in, so in the meantime he prescribed me 0.5mg of klonopin to take twice a day (morning and night). A year ago, when I initially started Paxil (after a terrible 6 weeks of trying Zoloft), I took a Xanax because the anxiety was so bad. For some reason, the Xanax made me so depressed. Anyway, my first dose of klonopin was awesome and has been sense then, (about a week ago). It took an hour for me to start to realize that I wasn't anxious anymore, and I seemed to be really productive and felt normal, which is a great feeling! Klonopin is awesome for us who have generalized anxiety."

Paxilandklonopin October 19, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Don't take it for longer than 1 month. I'm addicted to 4 mg daily and I can't get off. Side effects - Short-term memory and long term memory are gone (REALLY GONE), I'm so so tried (I sleep all day) and I have 0 motivation. It's amazing for short term anxiety of all kinds. Just do not get addicted. IMO max 1-2 mg for max 1 mth. 2 year user. 27 yo male. Kills anxiety in it's tracks but not to be used long term. Look into Nardil/Parnate if SSRIs fail. Asenapine is great if you need your racing thoughts controlled. DO NOT LET ANY PSYC GIVE THIS TO YOU LONG TERM"

Ash10105 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I have had panic attacks for over 20 years, I been using clonazepam for over 10 years. I found this medicine to be very helpful it saved my life, but I do hate that I need it just to live a normal life, but glad I do have something to help me to obtain my goals. I have started and stopped with this medication prior to recently starting it up again. I used to use 1mg 3x a day, so, I am low dosing for now, 0.5mg. But it is a wonder drug. One thing people did not write about this drugs is that it keeps you from over thinking which helps for anxiety a great deal.Love this medicine - just do NOT abuse it . I have safely used it for over 10 years."

StaffordLOVEME October 17, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was prescribed Klonopin / Clonazepam after experiencing debilitating anxiety attacks after a close family member was diagnosed with cancer. At first, doctors put be on Zoloft, which made me feel like a complete zombie and didn't relieve my anxiety at all. I quit Zoloft after 3 weeks and switched to therapy and Clonazepam as needed. The first time I took Clonazepam was like being instantly transported from anxiety attack hell to a soothing vacation. It was the first real relief I had had in 2 months. 3 years later and I still have a prescription for .5 mg as needed for anxiety attacks. I get a bottle of 30 about twice a year. The drug just really works well for anxiety. Makes you feel totally calm and normal."

Me myself and I October 17, 2015

For Anxiety: "I am going through a very difficult time in my life with my fiance being diagnosed with stage 4 renal failure. I am the sole provider of our family and was waking up to what felt like someone scared me or a heart attack. It was so scary and when I addressed this to my Dr. He informed me that it was stress waking me up out of a dead sleep. I have had stress and anxiety before but this was entirely different from what I've been through before. I started taking this and ever since then I've been so grateful. I still have stress but I can manage it now and don't feel like I'm going to die in the middle of the night."

Shell1225 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Definitely helps me. I deal with a lot of social anxiety. So anytime me and my wife plan on going out or doing a lot of shopping etc., I'll take 0.5 mg and take an extra one with me just in case. I just take it as needed, and I usually feel the effects within half an hour. I don't experience the sleepy side effects. But it definitely calms me down. So if I'm feeling anxious before bed, I'll take one and it helps me sleep, because it calms me. I don't take it often, 90 pills lasted me a whole year. I would recommend this drug if you need some help from time to time with anxiety. I don't have experience with taking it on a daily basis."

CJammer October 13, 2015

For Seizure Prevention: "best anti-epileptic around - no side effects unlike most of the other antiepileptic pills around which have really bad side effects --------- keeps the seizures right down and helps you feel OK and confident"

melbournerpg (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "Excellent for anxiety, keeps you calm,better than diazepam or xanax, or oxazepam, taken 4mg in the morning, helps me sleep at night. Been on it for about 5 years now. Tried all those horrible SSRIs which make you really sick. Stops feelings of anger, also really helps your self esteem."

melbournerpg (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "Initial relief. Grew tolerant of the drug within 2 weeks. Went from 1 mg as needed and was legitimately prescribed 5 mg as needed. Would end up taking 5-6 mg. The inner dose withdrawal was horrible and led to suicidal thoughts because the pain was so bad. The inner dose withdrawal could have been 2 hours after taking a pill. Was feeling my mental capacity fizzle away after a year of use and decided to get off it. Which led to 5 monhts of weening and 16 more months (and counting) of severe horrific withdrawal state. Every symptom imaginable. You feel like you're a dead zombie. Still struggling to finish sentences and talk 16 months out. Do not recommend to anyone. Find other solutions, please. Most doctors are clueless of the hell."

Benzo hell October 13, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I do like this medicine because it helps me to control my nervousness and instant reactions to stimuli much better than without it. I almost can pretend I'm normal. And because of its long shelf-life, if I want to reduce my dose because it can make me feel moody and lethargic after continuously taking it for a while...there's no side effects other than feeling better. Its easy to manage my own mood by upping or lowering my intake on the same prescription. I may go a week without it and feel fine, but when I start to get heart palpitations and my mind blanks out when I'm confronted, I begin to take it again. That way it helps me to stabilize but I'm not relying on it ALL the time."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

For Anxiety: "I've battled with anxiety most of my life. In the last six months I've suffered greatly from severe anxiety due to changes at work. The nurse practitioner I was seeing put me on Lexapro, Risperidone, and Remeron for sleep. Nothing was working, and I was not sleeping at all, I mean literally not sleeping more than one hour night, I was not eating barely anything. It got so bad but I put my notice in at work. The nurse practitioner would not prescribe any benzodiazepine because she was worried about my history of substances abuse with alcohol. I ended up trying to kill myself by stabbing myself seven times and overdosing on my prescription medication. After that I went back to my previous psychiatrist and she prescribed me on Clonazapam. I'm now back to work and I'm feeling much better. I wish this was prescribed to me sooner."

StressedinMA (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 4, 2015

For Insomnia: "Yes indeed, Clonazepam is a "wonder drug" for sleep (and anxiety); BUT, beware...if I can just save one person from this drug...YES!!! I ended up on this drug for 18 years and it took me four months of a slow taper to wean myself. During and after withdrawal, I had horrible side effects: nausea, insomnia, panic, loss of memory, etc. I have been totally off the drug for 8 weeks and my side effects are slowly going away but I still have a horrible metallic taste and smell. I'd try anything OTHER than a benzo. It is not worth the side effects. Look at the drug warnings; they state the drug is meant for SHORT TERM USE. Good luck."

zionfrost (taken for 10 years or more) October 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I have a frontal Lobe injury along with PTSD and Panic Disorders. I took 1 mg of Xanax QID (4) per day as directed for 16 years. I asked to be removed while in the Hospital. And put on K-pin. I have suffered for two years now on K-pin TID (3) per day. Not good. I have a very bad Doctor, that I feel that shouldn't practice Medicine. He won't listen to concerns and has never given me a physical."

Barry Rose October 1, 2015

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "I would not be alive now if not for Klonopin, nor would I have been able to complete Graduate school. Anyone who has had panic disorder that literally freezes your mind and body into a state of never ending terror know. You are sure you will die. Mine started at age 28. I have been taking a low dose; 1 mg per day - 0.5 morning and before bed. If I feel one coming on I take 1 mg of Ativan - happens a few x a month. Those who say it's as horrible and addictive as Heroin? Likely using it for generalized anxiety and increase irresponsibly .Those of us who suffer from the physical and mental terror of panic disorder and take the medication carefully - it's hard to hear others saying how dangerous it is. Anything misused is dangerous."

DaisyARiley September 30, 2015

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: "This medication is magic. The first few times you take it (if you take it before bed, I usually do because that's when a majority of my panic attacks occur), then you might wake up feeling zombie-ish for a few times in the beginning. For me, that side effect passed. Now, it's amazing for me. My best friend was on Xanax and she said it would just knock her out and by the time she woke up, it would be worn off and she would then panic all over again. Klonopin has not been like that for me because it has a longer half life, which means it stays in your system in effect for a longer period of time. I will say this - be careful. Honestly, I took 1/2 of a .5mg pill for a while and it did me well. Be safe with your usage and you'll love it."

Samanthaalucas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 29, 2015

For Insomnia: "I have been using Clonazepam for insomnia and mild anxiety for the last 4 months and I can say that it is working miracles for me. I have been using a very very small dose - 0.25 mg in the evening for the first 3 months, now I am taking even less - 0.15 mg in the evening. I have 0.5 mg pills that I use to break into small pieces. The dosage is so small that I have no fear of becoming an addict. Even so, if my sleep and peace of mind mean being an addict, then I 'm more than happy to be one."

Jane Eyre September 28, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD after 2 tours in combat. I began to suffer from anxiety in 2009, I was prescribed Zoloft and Klonopin .25mg (as needed). Klonopin was an immediate relief for unexpected anxiety attacks. 15 minutes later I was functional again. After 2 years, Zoloft destroyed my libido. So I took myself off and relied only on Klonopin. It began as needed, then 2 a week, once everyday, and finally twice a day. The anxieties were reoccurring quite often, I quickly built a dependence to get me through the day. It turns out that I was getting anxiety due to my addiction to klonopin. I decided to get off cold turkey (not recommended) and I went through 2 weeks of withdrawals. its a quick relief but addictive. be careful!"

RafaUSMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: "Was taking very small doses (0.1 mg) for 3 years - and one night after taking it on the previous night for sleep, I drank a few beers and had some type of dizzy spell - which resulted in becoming "sensitized" to Clonazepam. From that point on, I suffered side effects from either taking the drug or from trying to withdraw. I only gained relief after quitting Clonazepam with the aide of substitute medications (Olanzepine & Fluexatine (3-25mg)."

charliep429 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "I had been taking clonazepam for two years, then slowly stopped taking it. A couple weeks after not taking it, I had a grand mal seizure. Then a few more smaller petite seizures after that. I started up clonopin again and bam. No more seizures. It is a great drug for my BPD but I will caution you to talk to the doc before stopping it."

It helps but there's a catch September 25, 2015

For Migraine Prevention: "I had migraines for 20 years and just dealt with it the best I could. Doctors put me on all types of pain and triptan class drugs and while they numbed it they didn't do much. I would always awake with a migraine and it would last 3-4 days. 10 years ago a Dr gave me 0.5mg clonazpam at bedtime and BOOM headaches almost go away. I have forgot the bottle on weekly trips and do find my quality of sleep is reduced but overall no other side effects. Do plan to drop to .25 and .10 nightly if I can't cut them that small...but if the migraines return...they will bury me (of old age) with .5 in my bloodstream."

Thomas1942 (taken for 10 years or more) September 24, 2015