User Reviews for Clonazepam (Page 8)

Also known as: Klonopin

Benzodiazepine Withdrawal 4.5
Summary of Clonazepam reviews 8.2 1,633 reviews

Reviews for Clonazepam

Logan October 6, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I take clonazepam on a daily basis for some of my anxiety related issues. TRUE it is addictive and prone to abuse. My dose is similar to some others here (0.5mg 3 times daily), however I usually manage with two doses of 0.5mg instead. Of course the withdrawal is hard, but if done properly, it can be done! The best way off the drug is a SLOW taper with other supports such as psychotherapy and group therapy. Even after the the taper you will most likely still feel anxiety at times and at various levels. I know this because I've been though it and will be doing again in a week, hoping my symptoms are at least tolerable.”

Jsjejs October 6, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Great but not too great”

Betsy · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 5, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “When you come off go slow. I used a metal fingernail file. Just file the pill down a little bit. About every 5 days file a bit more. I am almost done after 5 yrs at 1 mg a day. Took about 2 1/2 months. Very light and manageable side effects.”

Becoolyolanda October 3, 2019

For Anxiety: “Ok so here’s the thing. This medication was recommended to me after I told my doctor that I no longer wanted to use Xanax given it’s newly acquired bad reputation. I’m on 0.5 (an immensely small dose) and it’s helped tremendously. Lost multiple friends and family members this year and my stress levels have been through the roof. On such a small dose both my mother (a licensed practitioner) and my doctor are not worried about it forming some sort of full blown addiction. As needed is the way to be. Don’t take them “once a day as needed” take them as YOU need them not every day. Don’t worry about the side effects. Don’t worry about the stigma. Just heal. And if this happens to be an aid in healing for the time being well, then so be it”

PHhopehelp October 3, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “An allergy to SSRI's which is very rare, PTSD, and Tourette's Syndrome. I started on a low dose of .5mg for about 3 years. Several traumatic events happened I ended up on 4 mg a day. I was tapering down to have a second child under care of a Psychiatrist. I went to 3 mg. Then got pregnant before tapering down to 2 mg. My original OB retired. I told a new OB I was pregnant and needed to take Clonazepam but was tapering down ASAP. The nurse called back and said my baby would die at birth. I called the Psychiatrist to taper down ASAP. The Psychiatrist told me this was a bad idea but I didn't want my baby to die at birth. That week I lost the baby from panicking I had already done damage to the baby. After all my work I had to go back up to 3 mg. I was told to not stop taking the Clonazepam I got pregnant again. I delivered a healthy baby. Two years later I was able to drop down to 2 mg a day. Both my children were born on Clonazepam very healthy, mentally advanced, and sporty.”

Willie October 2, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “BEWARE! My doctor prescribed me this medication to help control my severe anxiety attacks. I was informed this medication was for emergencies only and was to take two .5 MG pills a day as needed. I only took the medication for emergencies and had no problem... UNTIL I took the medication for 5 days in row, as prescribed, to control a bad string of anxiety attacks. When I stopped taking the medication after the 5 days I felt horrible. I literally felt like I was losing my mind and experienced the worst anxiety and depression. It took two weeks before I felt close to being normal again and was able to leave my house. Please read about the risks of this medication. It’s highly addictive and the withdrawal symptoms and horrible. Research Stevie Nicks and how this medication ruined eight years of her life. Everyone should do some research before taking this HIGHLY addictive medication. If you get comfortable with the medication, you’re dancing with the Devil.”

Tomahawk · Taken for 5 to 10 years October 1, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Well, started with 2 mg xanax for my extreme panic attacks and went over to clonazepam 2 mg when I had to choose between driver licence or Xanax. So now, 10 years later I'm struggling with dependence and are on 14 mg clonazepam daily minimum. Doctor doesn't know I'm on such heavy dosage, because I need my driver licence when I'm on work. So now I am forced to be a criminal and buy these pills in bulk because the doctors started me on these medications. Seriously, I don't know what to do anymore. I'm going downhill fast, and tapering off these dosages are almost impossible because the panic attacks I had before are 100 times worse now. Have woken up to times in hospital because seizures related to tapering. Believe me when I say this, use it short term if you HAVE too. Long term has destroyed me, my economy and my life.”

Roky · Taken for less than 1 month September 27, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I take clonazepam for RLS when I was getting off buprenorphine. 1mg before bedtime and works perfectly.”

Sarah · Taken for 10 years or more September 26, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “Not a viable long term medication. It works okay in the beginning. No it doesn’t take away anxiety, but it can reduce some symptoms. It was never meant to be used long term unless the benefits outweigh the risks. However, you have a responsibility to do some research and decide whether it is right for you. Ask question, talk in forums, call a substance abuse hotline and ask them to explain the risks. Don’t have complete faith in everything a Doctor tells you, they are usually good and mean well but you are ultimately responsible for yourself. Getting addicted to anything is bad news. You cannot just stop when you want to, nor should you.”

lucianxious · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I got my life back, I could not even go out of my house, I would cry and breakdown on daily bases, my chest was always pressured, my breathing was always difficult, until I met rivotril. No sleepiness, no drowsiness, just peace”

Vee · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 24, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I've been reading all the mixed reviews. I've been taking Klonopin for 10 years and have yet to become dependant on it. Perhaps, I'm not as others. I can take it or leave it and have several times over the years with no withdrawal symptoms. I did the same with Xanax. It helps greatly with my anxieties. I have schizoaffected bipolar disorder, social anxiety, PTSD and I battle anorexia/bulemia. The mind is a powerful organ. Once information is fed to it repeatedly, it accepts it as truth. As in big pharma convincing someone of it's addictive side effects.”

Jessie · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 23, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “I've been on it for five years. Started with ativan then went to klonipin. The highest I've been is 1.5mgs with more if needed for panic and anxiety attacks. I'm currently weaning from 1.25 to 1.mg a day. On day 3 having anxiety and heart palpitations and some wiredness in my head. I want off this so bad I hate being dependant on a pill I gotta carry it with me everywhere I go . I think my next reduction in a few weeks will be half of a half might make it less noticeable. I don't recommend anyone taking this. I was put on benzos without being told how addictive they are. I experience tolerance withdrawal as well.good luck to everyone trying to get off”

Dugan · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 21, 2019

For Hyperekplexia: “I have suffered from sleep issues, restless legs and anxiety. Klonopin has been a life saver. I like the fact it is long lasting versus Xanax for other benzodiazepines.I also do not get a craving for alcohol which is another bonus. I wake up energized and finally feel good.”

shell · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have a chronic illness as well as Fibromyalgia and generalized anxiety. I've had insomnia for decades, and Clonazepam, 1.5 mg taken nightly helps me tremendously. I've been taking this drug since 2006 and have always taken it as prescribed. I'm 55 years old. I recently had a physician tell me I must stop this drug because of dependence. So I don't know what to do. It's the only thing that helps me have a good night's sleep.”

Angel · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2019

For Anxiety: “From the time I was little I had restless leg syndrome (RLS). I never took anything for it. I would go outside in the winter & stand in the freezing snow in my bare feet, & believe it or not it worked for a lil while. In 1997 my Dad passed, & I totally lost it. My doctor put me on clonazepam for anxiety and depression. It worked great. After some time of being on it, I noticed my RLS was gone. Amazing! Now they want me to slowly get off of it. My restless leg syndrome is back, and I don’t sleep well at all. My anxiety is getting worse again, & the withdrawal is horrible. I would stay on it for the rest of my life if they would let me, but because I have to take pain killers I can’t be on both. They want me to take medical Marijuana instead. I hate the thought of that. An I really hate the thought of going through withdrawal. I’m done for either way I go. Up the creek without a paddle.”

Frank · Taken for 10 years or more September 19, 2019

For Restless Legs Syndrome: “I had Restless leg syndrome (RLS) for years and tried everything for it, but nothing worked. Then out of the blue the doctor I was seeing for something else recommended clonazepam .5 dosage. The RLS stopped immediately, no more getting up to walk it off, punching my legs, stretching. I've been taking it for about 25 years and only increased the dosage to 1.0 about 5 years ago. I have never had any side effects from it and I'm very sensitive to new drugs. If you're not aware of this doctors are required to report the use of this and other drugs in this category to the DOJ.”

Ming · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 18, 2019

For Anxiety: “I take clonazepam .05 mg and it helps a lot for me. I have a mild essential tremor. I take the pill only as needed. It stops my tremors and calms me down. It also helps on my anxiety attack. It’s not addictive for me but I bring it in my pouch every day just in case of emergency.”

ibetired · Taken for 10 years or more September 17, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have been taking clonazepam 1mg for years. Mine was either yellow or white. Now it was changed to a blue color with c 1 on back. Seems to me the blue ones don't take effect as fast. seems like it takes about an hour while the other ones only took 15 to 25 minutes. Don't know why”

Camille · Taken for 10 years or more September 17, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “I was prescribed this medication clonazepam for 14 years. Now I have dementia. Because nobody told me that I have a 50% greater chance of getting Alzheimer's than the person who didn't take them. This is the worst drug u can ever take. If u have a brain...quit this disgustingly harmful drug. The people that prescribe this medication should be ashamed of themselves!!! My life will never be the same because if this awful drug.”

Soyer Dolce September 17, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “My doc has me taking 0.5 mg of Klonopin once daily for my GAD and panic disorder. When I was younger I was on 0.5 mg of Klonopin too, and it stopped working. I generally take 1mg (two 0.5mg pills) to get a 1mg effect in the morning, so I can get through my day calmly. All I can say is that I always favored this benzo over others, due to the fact that it takes longer to work, but LASTS MUCH longer. Def a 10 for anxiety, and panic disorder.”

Mike September 16, 2019

For Panic Disorder: “Clonazepam is amazing tablet and I am taking 0.5mg for twice a day. It helps me a lot and still I am on it. ”

Michelle · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 14, 2019

For Anxiety: “I have been on Klonopin for almost 3 years and it is the worst drug you could ever be on, in my experience. It is highly addictive and you become very dependent on it. It caused my depression to become worse that I have been hospitalized several times for it. And coming off the drug is terrible if you suddenly stop taking it. I get insomnia, worsening of depression, confusion, and muscular pain. You have to slowly taper off of it. I do NOT recommend this drug to anyone with anxiety or depression.”

Trapped on Benzos · Taken for 1 to 2 years September 14, 2019

Klonopin (clonazepam) for Panic Disorder: “This med has all but ruined my life. I wish I would have been told that you shouldn’t take this for more than a week or so. After about a month, I realized Klonopin had messed with my brain so I tried to stop taking it and nearly lost my mind and my life as I knew it. Now I’m on a super slow and painful taper to get off of it. I’m about half way there and it’s taken me 5 months so far. I know I am not alone... this and other Benzos should be banned.”

Tarja preta · Taken for 10 years or more September 14, 2019

For Insomnia: “I have insomnia since I had my first psychotic crisis . I take klonopin every night in dose of 0.8mg. On this dose I sleep well without notice during the day any side effect...”

JJ · Taken for 10 years or more September 13, 2019

For Benzodiazepine Withdrawal: “Been on this for over 10 years and was at 2mg. There was no reason that I should have been taking it and I realize now that I was experiencing tolerance withdrawal for many years. Do your research! I wish I had. Took me 3 months to taper off from 2mg to 0.5mg. Symptoms were bad headaches, tight jaw, diarrhea, and general discomfort. I'm also taking 1mg Lexapro during taper and able to live and work normally. Still have to get off the 0.5 mg but I feel so much better! No bad after effects so far.”