User Reviews for Celexa (Page 9)

Learn more about Celexa.

Depression 288 reviews 80 medications

7.4
Summary of Celexa reviews 582 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Celexa

For Anxiety and Stress "I was given 10mg and a week later he went up to 20mg. So far I have had constant yawning, sweating attacks, nausea and now diarrhea. I also have problems sleeping at night and this made me tired in afternoon, but I now split dose, 1 before bed and one when I get up...that has helped the symptoms and they are less bothersome now. The sweating is the worst, I ordered Odaban and it is wonderful! You can even apply it to your face and head and that is where I sweat. I have not have any more feelings of doom and gloom and excessive worrying. I feel like I am getting back to normal but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not there yet. So I guess so far so good."

billabcdefg246 (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2014

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a 25 year old female and my doctor prescribed Celexa to help me manage my anxiety. I've been on it just shy of 3 months. I started with 10 mg and increased to 20 mg after about 2 weeks. My initial side effects were dry mouth, decreased appetite, sleepiness and low libido. The first few nights I was on Celexa I also found myself suddenly waking up in the middle of the night in a panic. This also happened after my dose was increased. After almost 3 months on Celexa, all the side effects have disappeared, except my sex drive is completely non-existent. Overall I feel very relaxed and my anxiety symptoms have significantly decreased."

cdmf September 1, 2014

102 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I have taken 4 doses of Celexa thus far. I noticed changes about 24 hours in. Prior to starting I was very out of it, sad, withdrawn, had urges to hurt myself, no appetite, nausea/vomiting, anxiety, etc. I saw my doctor for my worsening depression and she added Celexa to my other meds (Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Geodon). I had been on that combination and the same dosages since May 2014. My boss noticed major negative changes since May. Today I am a little dizzy and nauseous, but otherwise, feeling much better, which is weird. I am not used to this feeling. I was worried this was too drastic of a change because it had been only 24 hours, but after reading other reviews, I am optimistic."

jmpatton (taken for less than 1 month) August 30, 2014

For Depression "I took Celexa (citalopram) for about 8yrs. I started at 20mg dose and worked up to 40mg over the yrs. I found I was happier in the summer, and with my doctor's help would decrease my dose for a bit, but in winter I'd bump it back up again. Mood wise, Celexa did wonders for me. I was able to live happily for yrs. Missing a day or two was hell, between the brain zaps and bouts of crying I was a mess. The downsides: my libido disappeared. COMPLETELY. Gone. I used to have a very healthy sexual appetite. I also gained about 60lbs while taking this pill. I can't blame it all on the pill, but it didn't help. Overall it was a great mood enhancer, but take it with warning."

ChangingMeds03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 21, 2014

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This is my 12th day on Citalopram and already I am noticing a difference. I was on Effexor for over a year and it was okay but started getting really anxious and having panics attacks all over again, more frequent, and also really sad a lot, so decided to talk to my doctor about switching. He said "Citalopram is my go-to medicine, and it's a lot cleaner than most." I love reading the positive reviews. It gives me high hopes. The first week I did feel a bit off but I know you just have to wait it out and things will look up. So far so good! Good luck everyone!"

Lise71 August 12, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I began taking Citalopram while having severe headaches: the haze caused by the aches gave me severe anxiety- so I began taking this while finding a solution. I'd always had a bit of anxiety, and bouts of moderate depression, and I noticed after about three weeks of taking Citalopram that I consistently felt glad to be alive- for the first time ever. Living, the tasks associated with it- often feel like a chore, leading to a general cynicism for me. I began at 10 mg: and the new found joy of life was accompanied by a constant need to sleep. 12 hours a day- and lethargy in between. The drowsiness was so bad I couldn't study, so I had to switch to 5 mg. I'm less tired, less happy and more anxious. Compromise. I also take 25 mg Nortriptyline."

Beulah888 August 6, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm 29 years old...(Mother of 2 boys) I lost my grandma (who raised me) on June 10th (My birthday). She was my everything. This is the first time I've experienced losing someone this close to me. I've had a very difficult time dealing with is, crying everyday....and it has affected me at work with having less patience for things...anxiety, etc. Which I already had anxiety at night before she ever passed away. I've been on Celexa for 5 days and I haven't cried since then. It has made me feel more calm....more understanding of things. My anxiety has subsided a great deal....the only down side is I'm having a little bit of insomnia which I know is a side effect. I'm optimistic about the future now. "

HeatherB85 July 26, 2014

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Literally one week of medication and I'm feeling great! I was up at 7:00 am this morning, wide awake. For anyone who knows me, that's amazing. I was ready for my day and made it a productive one. Thank you Celexa you have given me my life back."

bentleys mommy (taken for less than 1 month) July 24, 2014

186 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This medicine is incredible. I had about four months of out of the blue, never had it before in my life terrible panic and anxiety. I was to the point I was throwing up every morning and constantly worrying and thinking about it. I finally went to the Dr. after crying and feeling miserable for days/months. She prescribed me Celexa 10mg to ween on (minimal side effects nauseous and a little more tired than usual, but I take it at night) then a month later I went to 20mg and I'm happy there. Absolutely no more anxiety or panic and I don't feel like an emotionless zombie I feel just like myself. My sex drive is normal just takes a bit longer to get there."

Britt 25 years old (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2014

181 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Started Celexa 10mg beginning of January for stress and anxiety. Went to 20mg in February. This medicine is truly great. I never really had all the side effects. I can truly say I feel 100 percent normal now. No more anxiety or panic attacks. I feel like a normal person again. Probably be on them forever but if I feel great then who cares. "

Bill71 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 23, 2014

234 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Was put on 10mg for intense panic attacks, and later moved up to 20mg. This stuff has worked wonderfully! I feel like I'm finally the way I should be - you know how you see other people who are completely relaxed and at peace, and you wonder, "why can't I be like that? Why do I have all this anxiety for no reason?" Well, all of that is gone! It's amazing! I would recommend Celexa to anyone. The only downside is I experienced A LOT of side effects the first month I was on it - increased anxiety, jaw-clenching, headaches, insomnia. But, if you bear down and get yourself through the first month, it's worth it. I finally have my life back!"

Kbh211 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 13, 2014

253 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "When I first started taking it, it really helped me but now it's been over a month and I feel like I did before. I take 40 mg and I need help it's like I am taking nothing at all."

Ladydi4922 June 9, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "Did some yawning in the first week and then my libido started to diminish. After two weeks my yawning went away and was replaced with clarity and a clear mind. The unfortunate downside at 20 mg after two weeks was absolute zero libido, I couldn't have an erection. It's too bad because it's a very effective medicine otherwise. I've switched to Wellbutrin, haven't started it, going through a one-week wash off Celexa."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 26, 2014

For Depression "I am 28 year old female. I was prescribed 10 mg. I read a lot of reviews on Celexa where people said they felt a difference the first week and was starting to get really disappointed when I felt no different in that time frame. I have been on it for exactly 7 weeks now and am just now starting to notice a difference. My interests have returned, I have more energy, and I am able to focus. Overall I am definitely happier and don't feel down in the dumps anymore. The only side effect I had was it made me very tired in the beginning but that has gone away completely. For me, Celexa is working!"

melissa9 May 20, 2014

164 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Helped with anxiety but not as much for depression. I had to get off this medicine because it caused me to put on 100lbs in 2 years. I've been off for a year and lost 80lbs. Kind of defeats the purpose of medicine if it causes such weight gain."

Bk4 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 17, 2014

For Depression "I was diagnosed with major depression 6 years ago when I was 18 years old. I was started on 100mg of Zoloft. You hear the commercials about side effects of SSRIs about how they can "increase suicidal thoughts in children and young adults". Well Zoloft did that to me and made my depression even worse until I eventually was suicidal and was hospitalized. Then they switched me to 60mg Celexa and I have never had any problems with it! I've been on it for 5 1/2 years and the only side effect I have is low libido. The FDA lowered the max recommended dose to 40mg so my doctor lowered my dose too. I have been okay on 40mg but I wish I was still allowed to have the 60mg. I wonder why the max dose got lowered?"

ilovebrutus May 17, 2014

For Depression "Gave me horrible dreams - talking in my sleep."

Darktragedy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I started Celexa a little over a week ago for Generalized Anxiety, thought to be associated with my Irritable Bowel Syndrome-D. Doctors are still reluctant to associate moods/stress affecting your stomach and bowels, but I am a firm believer (after living my whole life with anxiety and IBS) that there IS a definite correlation. I am a 26 y/o female. I weigh 110 lbs. I was put on 10 mg and only took a half pill the first 6 days. Then I upped it to a whole pill. The initial 2 days, I had a migraine headache and insomnia at night and a restless/anxious feeling during the day. I would wake up in a panic with racing thoughts. Now it has gotten a bit better, but I don't think I've been on it long enough yet to experience definite anxiety help. Trying to stick with it!"

eileen4226 (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "The first month I was very nauseous and felt foggy after taking the medication. Soon after that nausea went away. I am taking 10mg, this medication is extremely helpful."

College student (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 23, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "Works great. I feel like myself again- positive, energetic, interest in activities has returned."

CedarSage87401 April 18, 2014

For Anxiety and Stress "I'm a 16 year old female. I was diagnosed with depression, anxiety disorder, anorexia and bulimia about 2 years ago. I attempted suicide 3 times and I really thought there was no hope. Zoloft did nothing for me. It was awful. But then along came Celexa and its awesome. I no longer wake up and feel like I'm drowning and my lungs are going to explode. I can get up out of bed and not hate everything. I can go about my day without worrying about every little thing. I no longer get panic attacks. It's awesome. I have lost weight too. I totally recommend Celexa, best things I've ever tried. "

gourmetv0mit April 11, 2014

199 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "This is seriously a miracle medicine! Ever since I went on this, it kicked in within a couple of weeks and after 3 weeks or so, my anxiety has been completely GONE, no more problems at all! I was having problems swallowing food and just swallowing my own saliva in general because of generalized anxiety disorder, every single day, it was hell, but this medicine seriously pulled me out of a dark hole and I've been on it since. Thank you Celexa! I'm so much happier on it."

JennayJellybeans April 9, 2014

217 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Day 2 of Celexa for anxiety. Ended up with headache, panic, dizziness, racing heart and thoughts. My typical anxiety wasn't even as bad as that. Day 1 seemed okay, but after day 2 I'm not happy with it. No more for me thanks!"

Sleepymama April 3, 2014

For Depression "I think I waited to long to start taking this medication. I too along with many others was against "happy pills" as I used to call them, I started having anxiety attacks at work and my emotions were starting to bleed into every aspect of my life, I had to do something. Depression is sneaky... you don't realize what its doing to you until you can step out of it and take a breath a real clear minded breath. That what Celexa has been for me. It made me soo tired at the beginning and I didn't eat much, but after about a week I noticed I was not crying all day like before. I cant say I feel super happy all the time but I notice that I am not as sad and I have energy to do more than lay on the couch on the weekends!"

AliDianne (taken for less than 1 month) April 1, 2014

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress "Best anti-anxiety medication for me. At 20mg it perfectly takes the edge off & allows me to focus with clarity at work & at home. I have been on Celexa for 10 years, tried Wellbutrin once thinking it might help with weight loss but it made me feel crazy & irritable, I did not like it at all. My daughter has similar issues as I do & Celexa did not work for her, she's going to try Prozac now. I think it's important to realize that everybody is different as is their chemical make up & what might work great for one may not for another."

CKay1104 March 13, 2014

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 ...Next