User Reviews for Citalopram (Page 9)

Also known as: Celexa

8.3

10 reviews
Summary of Citalopram reviews 7.6 1,449 reviews

Reviews for Citalopram

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I finally was brave enough to start this medication for bad anxiety, panic attacks. I have become limited on where I go. Finally so exhausted from pushing myself just to go to the grocery store......I gave in and took 10mg Saturday night. Took just half of a .25 mg xanax with it. Just in case of side effects. Surprisingly nothing bad has happened yet. I know it will take time for then to take effect. And hoping they will soon help. Tonight will be my 4th pill. I will keep you posted. Wish me luck "

Azmom89 April 5, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Citalopram changed my life. I started taking the drug 10 years ago, and I've been on 20-40mg on and off since then. I'm currently 24 years old, I started having intense panic attacks and anxiety when I was 14. Every other SSRI drug that I've tried has given me that zombie-feeling or bad headaches, but on Citalopram I feel like myself. I am currently taking 20mg. There have been times in my life where I've had to up the dose to 40mg, and times where I've weaned off the drug, but typically 20mg is where I need to be. I have no side effects on Citalopram, and if I do then I don't even notice them. I'm so thankful for this drug and the difference it has made in my life."

meag April 2, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Been on various anxiety meds but celexa is the best. Reluctantly went on the celexa because I have anxiety and not depression. Celexa is a miracle pill. My anxiety is totally gone unlike taking Ativan or Xanax which was just a temporary fix. I no longer have anxiety, my stomach feels better, no built up of anger, I participate in functions. Only draw back, you can kiss your sex life good bye."

Weather the storm April 2, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "After reading the reviews a month ago I decided to wait before taking this drug. I used natural supplements to boost my Seratonin level, I think that was working. I still was feeling depressed though, mostly due to family and marital problems, fix those issue and everything else would fall into place, I have been praying for that. So I decided to take this citalopram 10mg. that my Dr. felt I needed, as he said I'm depressed. Which I am. I took it for four days and feel like a zombie, very tired, confused, not thinking clearly, weak, and can't sleep. I know it is supposed to take a few weeks, but no thank you. Most people who have reported here have been on one or more depression drugs on and off for a longtime.. never been on any drugs,"

G G H April 1, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Citalopram works great for me. I've been on and off of it for about 5 years. When I was on it several years ago it was like night and day. I have major depression and general anxiety. When going back on it most recently (4 months ago), I started at 20mg for the first month. The first dose helped my anxiety immensely. Within a few weeks my depression lifted some. I'm now on 40mg again and it is definitely helping, but I feel like in the past it worked better for the depression. So Today I've started 5mg Abilify in addition; hoping it will help some more."

Cariabcd (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "This has saved my life. I wasn't able to go to work or out because of intense panic attacks. I was hopeless. The medicine started working for me in a few days. The beginning side affects were bad though. Prepare to take it easy the first few days. I haven't had a panic attack in along time now ( compared to at least one a day). I am able to do things daily now without anxiety. I have nothing bad to say about this pill. I want to thank the creators of this medicine because it has improved my life tremendously!!"

Alycat97 March 30, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started Citalopram 5 weeks ago hoping it would help with my anxiety and depression. I also have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). At first I was terrified of the idea of going on medication, (I'm a nursing student and I would only take pills if it's absolutely necessary) mostly because of the side effects and the experience of other people. I tried everything to "cure" myself and I finally had the courage to talk to my doctor and we made the decision. I can honestly say that Citalopram saved my life. I now feel relieved, more relaxed and simply enjoying life. No side effects beside a little nausea the first week starting it (I didn't eat while taking it). I am on 10mg and I love it. I know it is not easy, you're not alone. Take care ❤"

Caatherine March 27, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I started treatment for depression and anxiety in 2001 - Zoloft, which helped somewhat, and I continued for years until Cymbalta came along. I tried it and it was better than Zoloft. After a year on Cymbalta I started to find it to be too expensive. I'm a writer, a starving writer, and $5 a dose was too dear. I asked my doctor if he could recommend something similar but cheaper. He put me on Celexa. Wow - what a difference - Celexa was far more effective than either of the two meds I had previously used- and dirt cheap!"

Nick-writer March 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Celexa since 2000 for 17 years. It worked well for me. It doesn't work anymore. I have been having lots of break through panic attacks. So I am switching to effexor xr Hopefully it works for me. Good Luck."

JeniB March 23, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I tried this medication for anxiety held in there for 5 months at 20mg/day. I went into a full depression, was a zombie with no motivation to do anything at all. The exhaustion was terrible, sleeping 12hrs at night with needing naps during the day. I did notice I wasn't shaky when dealing with people but my view on the world was so bleak and I didn't want to do anything. I'd rather be shaky from my anxiety and have energy and want to be part of the world then what I went through on this medication. Just awful...within 5 days of weening myself off of it, I had my energy back, and felt positive again"

Ladybird6 March 22, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Best medicine ever taken! Amazing results!!"

Bosoxy March 21, 2017

For Depression: "Have been on the Sandoz Citalopram for three months and it has been a Godsend. Virtually immediate effect on depression and reducing anxiety to almost zero after two months. My doctor has encouraged me increase my dose from 20mg up to a max of 40mg per day if I feel like I need the extra cover. My ideal dose at the moment is 30mgs. Was taking it at night but switched to morning due to some sleeping issues. This drug has given me back my peace of mind and I am so grateful to my doctor for prescribing it."

ScaredNoMore (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "Does not take away anxiety as it is the social situation which causes my anxiety, social support far better and talking to counsellor really helps . CBT abject nonsense. Causes faecal urgency and on occasions faecal incontinence. I am worried that even when I stop the drug this may continue. As I am in UK the drug is free as I am over 60 as have been the talking therapies because we pay out of our taxes for health care for all, although the rich don't like paying for the poor's health care"

The Clay Man (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This med has been extremely effective at keeping my anxiety down for close to 20 yrs. 5-10mg has been my ideal dosage, currently at 5mg. I'm commenting here so as to share my thoughts on side effects. For me, going on or off of this med, or changing dosage, results in feeling horrible for a period of time measured in days. If you feel similarly, make sure you tell your doc and perhaps lean on a med (e.g. a benzo) if need be while you're transitioning. But always try to remember (I know it's difficult!) that the bad feeling is temporary, and that you will feel better. Give it time to work for you."

RichA02 March 7, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Started on 5 mg Celexa about 7 months ago. Works great to take away most of my anxiety and irritability, still comes around sometime but on more normal means instead of every single day like I was miserable before I started on Celexa. Took a couple weeks to adjust to it and my orgasms are few and hard to achieve, but still possible, unlike other meds I've been on in the past. I love everything about Celexa, and would have given it a 10/10... however, I've gained 15 pounds since I started taking it. My diet and activity level has not changed so I'm assuming Celexa is to blame. This is now causing depression from the weight gain and the inability to keep it off... If you start Celexa, start exercising regularly to help maintain, wish I had..."

MoonlightX01 March 5, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "Citalopram calms my mind and body. Without it I am very aggressive and too active sexually. Without it I feel as if my testosterone levels were too high. My wife and I have notice that even my testicles are bigger without Citalopram and that there seems to be a higher blood flow to my penis; it was the experience of a constant state of arousal. Psychologically, without it, I experienced lots of anger, aggressivity, sexual energy, and just a general out of control level of mental energy. We have both concluded that somehow Citalopram reduces my testosterone levels. And, let me tell you, I'm happy about it. I rather feel calm and centered than aggressive, angry, and freaking horny all the time. So, Citalopram is vital in my life."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

For Depression: "WOW! started taking it four years ago and it helped me within a week. Recently, I just had a tough time and upped my dosage from 20 to 30mg. Within one week I started to feel better. My side effects are always based on a nauseous feeling that goes away roughly a week or so after ( DRINKING MILK WITH THE PILL SEEMS TO KNOCK THE SIDE EFFECTS OUT!) each day you will begin to feel better!"

falcon25 March 2, 2017

For Depression: "I have taken 10mg Citalopram for two weeks so far and have found significant relief from depression. I am considering a higher dose to get more benefit from the drug, though I will firstly consult my GP."

pep123 (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I ask my doc for citalopram last October as I had lost my partner and soulmate in the March. I was heartbroken and tried to cope with how I was feeling but felt I wasn't getting any better. Since doc put me on these tablets I feel a lot better. I don't sit and cry they way I used to and just generally feel I'm coping with life better than before. They definitely have helped me."

Nightnurse59 February 28, 2017

For Panic Disorder: "This drug made me feel so agitated, and my anxiety went through the roof. Was drenched in sweat at night. Had to come off after 3 days."

Beaney February 28, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (comorbid to my ADHD) back in 2012, and had since been to CBT and was prescribed with multiple antidepressants for it since. However both these medications (Strattera & Zoloft) caused chronic fatigue that led me to stop the medication. Enter Celexa, prescribed end of 2016, I was at the time suffering from the regular hypochondria and other obsessions. I was apprehensive of the expected side effects but I am glad to report that to this day side effects are minimal. Yes, I have noticed a small difference in my working memory (decrease) and dreams (very vivid), but I believe the pros greatly outweigh the cons! Celexa has helped me feel normal again and empowered me, and would recommend 100%"

AlexAloe February 27, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I thought they were rubbish"

jgjknewjgbjwhgbewrhjt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "About 7 years ago I started having really bad anxiety while in college, it got to the point where I had to drop out and move back home. I was outgoing, social, confident, and then all of a sudden BOOM! I couldn't function at all and was convinced I was losing my mind. After trying the natural route for about 6 months I decided I needed a little extra help and that's when I decided to try an antidepressant. It took about 2 or 3 months for me to notice a difference but it was well worth the wait! I was back to my old self again and it felt awesome! Unfortunatly, I stopped taking it a couple of years ago and my anxiety has recently come back so now I am trying it again and am hoping it works as well as it did before."

Worked Great (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2017

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Got this as a prescription from my doctor, after spending endless hour doing research on this medication I decided to give it a try. I was on celexa for almost 5 months. During this time I felt like a cloud has over my head the whole time, my brain did not function and I felt like life was absolutely unbearable. Might work for some people but It did more harm than good while I was on it. Had to stop. I've found that what got me my life back was an alternate method that came as a lifesaver for me that didn't involve medication. It involves steps to being more motivated and accomplishing things daily. http://happylifeengine.com/archives/30 I am back to being me and I feel hopeful about the future. I just needed ti be shown how to get my life back on track. Hope you all get your life back as I did . "

Not a good experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

For Anxiety and Stress: "This medication works so well for me. I was having spikes with my blood pressure but only at night. I couldn't sleep well at all, so much anxiety about my blood pressure, and heart rate. I am really strong minded but this got the best of me. I reported this to my family Doctor and she prescribed citalopram 20 mg... not asking much about this drug I started it and much to my surprise I sleep like a baby and no more spikes with Blood pressure. I wake feeling refreshed no hangover and ready to meet the day. I don't have a problem being depressed at all, it was situational but this drug is a Godsent !!"

Linda Carol T February 22, 2017