User Reviews for Citalopram (Page 9)

Also known as: Celexa

Learn more about Citalopram.

Severe Mood Dysregulation 1 reviews 0 medications

4.2
Persistent Depressive Disorder 1 reviews 3 medications

Summary of Citalopram reviews 1297 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Citalopram

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I took Celexa for 2 weeks and quit because the side effects are INSANE. I rolled for the first 3 days. I felt AMAZING... waves of euphoria, pretty dancing rainbows, everything sensory felt incredible BUT I had no emotion or empathy and only cared about feeling good and stopped caring about people in my life or work. Had no regard for consequences, yelled at people who "ruined my vibe", refused to help people at work. Day 3 I jumped from 6 cigarettes a day to a pack and a half because it felt so good to smoke. Treated my husband as a personal servant only there to make me feel good and yelled at him if I was slightly bothered. No anxiety at all, but turned me into a hedonistic jerk who cared about nothing but immediate sensory gratification."

CelexaWasLikeMDMAforMe (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Just got prescribed 10 milligrams, Thank God I decided to cut it in half just to see how I reacted to it, took it at night. Felt the effects in about a half hour, didn't sleep to well, felt wierd. Got in the morning to let the dog out and almost hit the floor, very dizzy. I do feel more relaxed today, and somewhat better. I was told most people don't even know they are taking it , starts to work in about 4 weeks. Not me must be very sensative to it. I think I will try 5 milligrams again tonight and see how it goes. I will keep you all informed."

Con 22250 August 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "First time ever trying any medication for anxiety which I have struggled with for years. I took Celexa for 6 days 10/mg once a day. Throughout taking it, I noticed that my feelings started to dull. Everything was very level and it was hard to be anxious - or excited, or happy, or really much of anything. I got sexual side effects starting on the 3rd day, which was the deal breaker for me. As much as I liked that it calmed my racing thoughts, the constant fog, feeling of not being myself/me, and the inability to orgasm made it no-go for me. Celexa WAS effective for my GAD / social anxiety, but the side effects were terrible."

sketchai (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "A couple of years ago I ended up with anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed Citalopram. I started at 20mg and after a couple of weeks increased my dosage to 40mg. There were side effects. Sweats, waking up at 3:00 and not able to get back to sleep. It took sbout 6 weeks before I felt great. Much happier, little to no anxiety and my wife notice the change for the better. I stayed on Citalopram for about 6 months and over a month kept reducing my dosage by 10mg weekly until I was off the meds. I had no withdrawal at all. Felt great as I went off the meds. Had some personal problem that sent me sideways and the doctor put me back on Citalopram. took about 6 weeks for it to work just like the first time. Feeling myself again"

G-Mann 1953 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I am a 35 year old mom of 2. I've always tried to manage my anxiety on my own by always keeping active. The more I stayed focused on a task, the less I worried about something else. Losing my father, going through a separation, 5 deaths in my family in less then 3 years. I wasn't happy with my career and I had all of this on my mind being a single mom. I managed, I continued to smile, I didn't feel sad all the time. I just became a worry animal. I would lash out, get angry, scream and panic. Still through all of my anxiety I tried to do it on my own. Until my doctor prescripted Celexa. One day I noticed a difference. It's been 1 year and I am living a much fuller and happy life. The meds have helped me relax and breath for once in my life."

NATC July 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "My doctor prescribed this for my Menopausal mood swings and headaches. It worked for a while and then I started having profuse sweating, not that I needed any help in that department due to my hot flashes! I would be soaked at work and if I just did the smallest chore at home. I weaned off and am now trying Effexor."

JustANurse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been taking this med for two weeks now. I am starting to feel a bit better. I take 10mg once a day. First 4 days I had insomnia, sweating and feeling tired. Now I can't tell I have any side effects. Everyday it seems to be better. Feeling more motivated and regained clear mind. My doctor told me I will be on this need at least 1 year. I am going through separation and med was given for stress and anxiety. I would recommend this med to everyone . It's helping me."

Umolown July 26, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I'm on 40mg a day, did take sertraline, mirtazapine now on these, don't think they do anything to me, doctor says he don't know if I got bi polar or schizophrenia lol, that's what u get for being honest. did stop them once for week as thought doing nothing, never felt so ill in my life if that's a cold turkey. I'm 35 anyone else on 40mg? "

obviously depressed (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "Ive had an amazing experience with this drug, I've been on it for close to over a year, because of my lifestyle and work I was always in high stress environments and I had anxiety to begin with. A lot of my personality traits before I started citalopram were similar to one's of borderline personality disorder (though I don't actually have bpd) I take 20 MG. After about a month I could feel my mood increase and work started to seem a lot less frustrating, my only side effect is I bruise easily but I already did before the drug so to me it's not a huge deal. It's amazing how helpful this drug has been for me, it's created me any positive things for me, I feel almost "normal". I recommend you take it DAILY. Don't give up on this pill"

StressedBartender (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "This medication did a generally good job of changing my depression from excruciating sadness to mindless zombie. I was tired all the time and had extreme brain fog, (couldn't think straight... or at all). I felt kind of good, but I couldn't actually feel pleasure from anything or focus. I was like a cat and just sort of lay around in a state of contented dissociation. Was on and off it a few times for up to several months. Found the majority of it's effects subsided after a few months and I was back to feeling empty and sad all the time. Good medication for having a break from misery, but wasn't very useful for actually recovering from my depression or getting my life back."

Kyle BC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Been on it for three years now after what seems a lifetime of swings into depression and out. This drug has stopped that and keeps me on a level that helps me to function. Previously 40mg now 20mg is good for me. The reduced dose also helps my libido as the higher stopped me being able to ejaculate. So alls good now. Though my gp thinks now I'm cured I should stop the medication altogether. I think if I do I will experience the return of my ups and horrid downs"

Ive171 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I've been on celexa (40mg) for several months. I'm a 55 year old female; post menopausal. I'm finding that although my sexual desire seems to have returned, actual enjoyment or ability to experience an orgasm is impossible What can I do to counter-act this response?"

Angelsbyme (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Best medication ever I'm on 20 mg .its very important to take the medication for 6 weeks before you give up.most side effects go away after 6 weeks"

Jackie girl (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 22, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medication for a week, after switching from Zoloft. My doctor started me on 20mg. I made the mistake of immediately going online to read reviews. Instead, my advice is to let the medication start to take effect. You will make yourself feel worse if you read the negative reviews. I can say that one week on this medication has turned out better than my previous medication. Everyone is different, so I think I found the one that works. Initially, you may have some insomnia, but it will pass once you start to feel more relaxed. I did have some tingly feelings in the hands, but that passed after day 4. I felt a head rush of sorts the first 5-6 days, where I felt high, but it too passed for me."

StressedMommy July 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I have only been on citalopram for 3 days and it has already made a huge difference. I have been through many other antidepressants, including Prozac and Zoloft. Prozac made me gain 25 pounds in the first month I used it and Zoloft worked but made me feel like a zombie. With Citalopram, I feel like myself. I have no suicidal thoughts or symptoms of depression. I just stress about regular things in life, like bills, etc. but not to the point where I curl up in a ball and want to cry. I am able to handle these stresses with a clear mind and hope for the future. Ive struggled with depression my whole life. When I was 16, I had two suicidal attempts. This is my first time since I can remember that I feel NORMAL."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I took Citralopram in the hope it help with anxiety. First day had minor side effects. Just felt a bit spaced out. Like I couldn't think 100% clearly. A bit anxious. Didn't feel 'normal'. Second day I thought I'd try taking them in the evening instead, in the hope that the side effect would be less throughout the following day, This was a mistake. Couldn't get to sleep all night, tossing and turning, sweating, felt wired. Third day, Took in the morning again. The best way I can describe the feeling is the same as I feel the morning after taking ecstasy/ MDMA. Jaw clenching. dilated pupils. A kind of speedy, disconnected and weak feeling. On edge. Decided to stop taking them but still feel weird 2 days on :/"

James Drew (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "I've been on celexa for almost a month and I feel much better then before. I haven't noticed any side effects other then not sleeping more then four hours but that was me before I started celexa 20mg. I explained to my doctor about my sleep patterns and she wants to up my dose to 40mg and I'm really not sure about that because I don't want the side effects of a higher dose. I still have little anxiety and mild depression but it's only been 3 weeks I think a little more time on 20mg I'll be back to me. I'm also afraid if I go up in dose to 40mg will I lose my sex drive? I'd rather not I'm ok where I am. She said for me not to be afraid of it, example it's like a blood pressure medication you have to adjust that works for you."

Barbie197937 July 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on citalopram (generic of Celexa) for just under two months now. At first, my anxiety was worse which my doc said was to be expected. After about 4 weeks, I started to notice a slight difference. The only side effects I have noticed are that I am fatigued and loss of appetite. It is a huuuuge struggle for me to eat. I make myself so I don't starve and mess up my metabolism, but it's a chore. Other than that, I really like the rx and would recommend it. I have tried zoloft and prozac- of the three, I like citalopram most."

Hopefull28 July 19, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've only been on 10mg of citalopram for a week but I already feel more calm on it. I take it at night, I haven't noticed a lack of sex drive, shakiness or anything like that. My Dr did say that the 1st week on it can be the worse for anxiety but that it would get better. I honestly haven't noticed that my anxiety has been worse, if anything it has definitely taken the edge off. I've had PTSD for the past 15 years. playing sports and eating healthy has always made me feel better but I recently suffered a torn PCL while playing ice hockey and not being able to do any physical activities has left me quite frustrated and depressed. I'm hoping the Rx will only be temp until I can have surgery and get back to physical activities."

30yr old mom of two. -kim July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Panic Disorder: "I was originally prescribed Citalopram 7 years ago, diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder, and it had very little effect. It was later discovered I had Bipolar Disorder; I was prescribed Citalopram a few times and it never did much. A month ago I was again put on 20mg Citalopram, but this time for panic disorder. We noticed a change almost instantly; I haven't had a day of panic since I started this medication, and my overall anxiety is much lower too. I had a few side effects (some nausea, loss of appetite, sleep disruption) which I'd never experienced with this drug before, but most of these faded in week two. We have noticed my dissociation is much worse than usual - normally happens 2-4 times a week, is now happening daily."

Archyen July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I have been taking citalopram HBR 10 mg for about a year. I have had more restfull nights than I have had in many years. Hot flashes have been reduced by 90 percent, none at night!! My anxiety is gone most of the time. So far so good. I don't know what long term use will do to my organs. I haven't found a lot of information on long term use. Over all very happy with this medication!!"

Yorkiemom11 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was just prescribed this yesterday. I'm starting at 20mg. After my first dose, I already feel better. I had a peaceful calm feeling. I've tried every ssri except for paxil and i think I've found the one. I switched from luvox. It was ok but felt like something else would be better. Especially because of luvox side effects. The other plus to celexa is I'm not hungry. I've gained 30lbs previously from zoloft. I've lost some since stopping. I'm hoping celexa continues to help with weight loss. I've got a good feeling about this."

Lalm July 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Celexa (citalopram) for Depression: "Celexa has changed my life. The first couple days I was yawning uncontrollably which is a rare side effect. After that I started to feel like a robot almost. I just did things, I didn't think too much about anything. I guess maybe that's why it helps with depression. But not only does it suppress the bad thoughts. It also suppresses the positive and creative thoughts."

JordanStaub (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have always had EXTREME anxiety, ever since I started puberty basically. Social situations intensified it, but I always had it. It was something I could never shut off, I always was very tense especially in the neck and back region. I couldn't even feel comfortable walking around in my own house it was so severe. Once I finally came to my doctor with this I was prescribed citalopram. I noticed the effect of the medication within about a day. It was amazing. Every time I felt anxiety coming on it was blocked. I still feel anxiety when it's appropriate, like meeting a guy, or trying something new; the normal things that you get anxious or nervous about. But I can finally relax and think straight all the time now and I've never felt so good."

Madison145789 July 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I have dosed at 20mg and 10mg and I've found that 10mg works best for me. I started taking cit after getting divorced to deal with anxiety (I have PTSD and my ex exacerbated this with stalking). If I take it on an empty stomach it can give me nausea but a banana or something simple fixes this. It will give me a mild headache about an hour after taking but that doesn't last long. I do not take any other meds or herbs. I am a white female over 50. On 20 mg I felt so "relaxed" I tended to spend money I shouldn't. I dosed down to keep that in check. It helps me manage single parenting stress and reduces angry reactions in stressful situations. Other than the light headaches and mild temporary nausea, no other side effects."

WorkingOnIt2 July 13, 2016