User Reviews for Librium

Learn more about Librium.

Light Sedation 4 reviews 31 medications

7.2
Anxiety 16 reviews 56 medications

7.8
Alcohol Withdrawal 86 reviews 17 medications

9.6
Summary of Librium reviews 106 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Librium

For Anxiety "Currently my medication regimen is a mess. I take xanax 1 mg twice a day, and 2mg at bedtime. And valium 5mg at 5pm and 10mg at 9pm plus ambien 10mg! And I just tried a 10mg librium and I slept very well for the first time in months any ideas?"

Davemendez8 May 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I only drank for 6 months, but in that time I ended up in the ER 3 times with alcohol poisoning. This last time, they sent me home with Librium for the shakes, and while it definitely has been a lifesaver, I'm so groggy that I can't drive right now, and after putting away the laundry I collapse in my chair like I've just ran a marathon. Hopefully, this will go away soon. I wish I'd known how bad the withdrawal would be, even after only a short time: I've never been suicidal, but I honestly would have rather died than go through the DTs (thank god the ER doc shot me full of Ativan, which knocked me out for the worst of it)"

Short But Intense May 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I drank 2 bottles of wine and/or beer/vodka everyday for 3 years. Went into SEVERE withdrawal. Seriously thought I was going to die. Went on Librium and it worked wonders. "

AthenaJohnsen1971 April 14, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Librium is great. I fought depression for years so I drank around 24 pack per day I later then got pancreas problems went back on librium great product"

Levi richard April 12, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I started drinking 4 years ago and before I knew it , it turned into a binge drinker. I started out with 30 pack of beer and a liter of hard alcohol that I drank straight. Well the beer made me sick So I switched to just drinking vodka straight and a chase of diet soda. When I drank , and I'd binge for up to 5 days, I'd not touch food. After 4 years of going from beer, vodka, tequila, 101 wild turkey and gin ( I'd get the half gallon) to unknown amount of visits to the ER , and loosing control of bladder/ bowel function my hubby said this is it I'm bringing you to the ER and my blood alcohol was .309 They gave me Librium and xanax saved me!! Im now on Antabuse, works wonders for me, going on a month now. Good luck "

justawyomingchic (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've detoxed with librium (now) 5 times. Currently into my 3rd day with librium. The first couple times I detoxed with the stuff it was amazing. Just three 25MG pills a day to ward off withdrawals from 3 pints of vodka a day 3 month long benders. But I will warn you of this.....you build a tolerance to librium. This time I needed more 25MG pills in just the first 24 hrs. Then 4 on day two and now I'm down to 3 (will wean off over the next few days). Stuff is still amazing but don't be an idiot like me and bounce between booze (to the point of almost death) and then benzo's; just to drink booze again."

pontiac9449 (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was prescribed 25mg for 5 days first day every 6 hours second day every 8 hours 3rd day every 12 hours 4th day at bed time and 5th day at bed time I was drinking heavily for 8 months straight every day no break 375 ml cognac and a champagne on top of that if I wasn't drinking that I was drink a 750ml of vodka 80 proof I try to stop and my BP was through the roof my doctor told me to keep drinking until I came into her office for the prescription that was for 6 days I had to keep drinking and I finally got the script I haven't started yet I start tonight at the time I usually have my first drink I will let you know how it went for these next 5 days my doctor said it's the best alcohol withdrawal medication I'm so over drinking I'm only 29"

Getting sober 29 yO female (taken for less than 1 month) March 16, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been drinking for about three years now! To try and take away the depression and anxiety. (I do realise drink is the worst thing to madicate with) As I write this, I had just woke up on my back, vomiting. Four day drinking session. Not a morsel of food past my lips. 25/30 cans of Guinness per day. I've lost the ability to walk properly. For several years now, when I stand up, my legs just buckle. I take diazepam too. They are of no help anymore! I was taken into hospital two months ago. Family had rang an ambulance. I had alcohol poisoning, and taken a seizure. Librium really helped with the withdrawals in hospital. I wish any of you suffering all the very best! Alcohol dependancy is such a lonely road to walk."

James1980 March 8, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was drinking for 4 years and tried numerous rehab centers, all of which did not believe in providing drugs, just vitamins.... I tried to stop on my own the other day and sat in the living room shaking and shivering. I finally went to my Dr. Yesterday and he prescribed Librium to help with the shakes and anxiety. Day 2 and feeling much better... the drug works for the shakes and pain of withdrawal... I know I have a long road ahead to actually clean up my act, but the drug is a great start to dealing with the discomfort. I tried to write on my computer yesterday but the shakes would not allow me to make any sense, today, I can write with fairly good ability. The Librium definitely helps. Good Luck everyone in recovery, it can be a struggle"

Styk February 22, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Simply put. Librium saved my life!"

Greatful (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've always done cold turkey withdrawal and this is the first time I could function. It made me feel numb and zombie like but I'd rather have that than the cold turkey withdrawal. I'm a 39 year old female who's been drinking since 15. I'm a horrible binge drinker that can go weeks with only vodka or other kinds of booze, I wake up in the morning and drink until I pass out, soon as I wake up I do it all over again. The only way I stop is my husband takes my wallet, keys, and any access to $. My withdrawals kick in quick and I feel as if I'm dying. I don't sleep for 3 to 4 days, I hear stuff that's not there, I sweat profusely and than I'm freezing, horrible anxiety my heart jumps at any noise, my heart races, and I get super depressed"

Harrison is my spllit p (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Since having a seizure back in December 2015 I had been put on Librium. When I tapered off of it I started relapsing with Alcohol over and over, many hospital trips. The drug did always help me take the edge off, but when I felt the need to not be on it anymore except occasionally at night when I couldn't sleep which I've always had sleeping issues. But the drug did save me after the seizure from withdrawals I was drinking and binging so much at that time of life, beer, shots, all day and night, no eating at all. I ended up staying alcohol free till like April and relapsed and it's been downhill since then I've now accepted to greater myself, and grow more will power to not drink again Librium has helped me through these past few years."

AaronM7 February 6, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been a heavy liquor drinker for at least ten years now. Done some horrible things not only to my own self and body, but also my family. Went to rehab for a month, and soon as I came out drank again. In may of last year I found out I now have pancreatitis, due to the heavy alcohol consumption. I got out of the hospital after spending a good week an a half, and lasted for almost two months. The pain with pancreatitis is worse than having a child naturally! I know because I have! The doctors told me if I start drinking again I Will Die!!! So another attack came on and was to embarrassed to go back to the ER, I went to my own doctor and told him everything he prescribed with librium and it's been my true life saver!!!!"

Hey Jude February 6, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I'd suffered from ongoing anxiety and found my usual antidepressants were not working anymore. Also I was going through a very stressful period, and not sleeping or eating well. My GP prescribed librium for a short period of time. I found it really effective. My sleep and appetite returned and I was coping much better with anxiety. It's been two weeks now and I am going to ask if I can continue taking it for a bit longer. I have had no noticeable side effects."

Sonnymac (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Was a 2.5/3 pint a day vodka drinker for 3 yrs. I'd medicate on it. 2 or 3 shots every couple hours around the clock. I started needing the vodka to stay asleep at night. I'd wake up with the pounding heart and shakes. And my guts were sour (constant diarrhea). I couldn't go more than 3 hrs without it or I'd go into full blown paranoia and anxiety attacks. I'm afraid of drugs. I hate pharmaceuticals. And I was DONE drinking so I tried to wean myself over and over again and failed hard. Finally broke down and went to detox. Librium was their go to. The stuff is amazing. Made detox a breeze to be honest. I wasn't even tired on it. I felt normal to be honest. No shakes, no paranoia, slept good (vivid dreams). 25mg 3 times day for 10 days."

Scorpio0251 December 2, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "Librium hasn't worked at all for me. I'm taking 10mg four times a day and I still get anxeity."

Ecane (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was drinking the 720 ml every 24 hrs., of Captain Morgan rum, that's the largest bottle they sell. I was spending over $750 a month. I was given LIBRIUM take 3 times a day. The first day I still went through the some light withdrawals mainly the shakes. Usually the withdraws where shakes, bad difficulty breathing, throwing up, light headed, feet and hands going number, blood pressure sky rocketing, and super bad head aches. That first day was just shakes, I had already even lost the impulse to go and buy some. Day 2 I only took 2. Day 3 I only had to take 1. I took 1 every 24 hrs the next 4 days and no longer needed them. It was very effective for me. Anyone who wants to quit that's a good way to go. Be responsible though."

Daddy Beave (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I was administered this drug at the beginning of a 28 day residential detox/rehab for alcohol. It stopped the tremors and shakes. But not the other withdrawal symptoms such as the sweats which did subside. However, it took slightly longer to bring back the co-ordination in my legs. I was advised that this had something to do with the receptors in my brain repairing. Until it was brought to my attention I didn't know how much alcohol affected the brain and it's normal function with the rest of the human body."

murth07 July 30, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Tested positive this week for Benzo's at a aftercare treatment center. Could not figure it out from my normal prescribed medications I take daily, all non-benzo's until I looked it up on this site. Over three weeks ago I was given Libruium at a detox center. So this must be why I showed up as positive for Benzo's in a urine test weeks after detox is completed. I am glad I found this site and now know the cause."

Alcohol detox using Librium July 29, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "Been drinking on and off for years. Going through a binge yet again. Day 5 now of drinking the wine, day and night. Hiding it and any excuse to go out to so I can buy more. I have took Librium twice before and it did help. So please wish me luck as I'm back to the Drs today to try again for the final time, no more thinking 2 wines and I will be fine, as that's when it escalates. Good luck everyone in your recovery. X"

Again here we go July 29, 2016

44 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I'm 27 years old drinking up to 4 bottles of wine a day and have been doing so for at least 8 years EVERY DAY as before I was smoking weed since I was 14 years old. I lost two jobs to alcohol - one at Apple head quarters and one at another company which were fantastic names to be on my C.V. Thankfully I am now back on Libruim and am happy to be able to write down my signature and write a straight and readable line without shaking to get it down on paper. I have liver disease and alcohol related seizures and have lied to close and loved ones, constantly denying and even stealing from their alcohol cabinets out of greed and being scared of getting withdrawals... As we all know - they are UN-BEAR-ABLE. Thank God for Libruim."

HopefullyInThePast (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 21, 2016

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I have been a heavy drinker for many year, substituting Vodka for lunch and dinner. After I found I could barely write due to shakiness, I went to my doctor. He prescribed Naltrexone, Camprial, and Librium. It has worked wonders! So far, no urge to drink, no side effects, and sleeping better than I have in years. (I must admit that I am somewhat tired, but so what!) The fog is slowly beginning to lift and I am feeling joy once again. If I can do it, anyone can! This is a life saver."

Vodka No More! June 25, 2016

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I've been a binge drinker on and off for about 4 years. This last binge lasted about 5 days around the clock. Going through withdrawal begins almost immediately for me if I don't drink every hour or so. I get extreme anxiety, heart racing, minor shakes and can't just settle down. My doctor gave me a Librium taper starting on 50mg every 6 hours day one and going down from there. I My experience with the first dose is that it did not do anything for me. I was still just as miserable. Once I took the second dose I was able to fall asleep. Today I'm pretty anxious but it does that the edge of. It's not a magic bullet that cures all withdrawal symptoms. Good luck!"

2manytimes (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Anxiety "I have Panic Attack Disorder and anxiety.I use Librium on and off as needed. It works wonderfully. Makes me calm in about 20 minutes and I feel I can control the rest of the day. I take 5mg as needed. When I take it as needed it doesn't have side effect."

Anonymous June 3, 2016

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Alcohol Withdrawal "I am 22 and have been a very heavy drinker since age 15. I have not went more than about three days at a time without drinking. Never a couple, every time to the point of being drunk. The past few weeks I went on a bender with very little sleep and drinking every day. Two days ago I went into a seizure at work. I was sent to the ER where the doctor told me my alcohol levels were so high he didn't know how someone my age could tolerate that amount of consumption. He gave me a script for Librium and sent me home . I had one more seizure waiting for the pills. Since then they have kept my symptoms so manageable that I can function. Thank god for this medication. I feel I would die without it"

Natti18 May 5, 2016