User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 9)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

Granmums January 6, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “For the past five years I have been treated for everything except an allergy. I was hacking my brains out from October through to May. My doctor said I had GERD, I took Prilosec OTC. Nothing happened. Well, my husband went overseas and brought me back a package of cetirizine. I was desparate so I took one pill and a second. My coughing stopped. I am in Heaven. Looked it up on the internet and low and behold it's ZYRTEC. I am grateful beyond belief and to top it off no side effects as of yet and it's been two weeks. First time during the winter I am cough free in years.”

Hattonhall December 23, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine): “It was one of my worst days ever with Hay Fever. Ten sodden handkerchiefs and still fluids literally pouring from my nose and eyes. My throat felt like it was closing and I was choking and coughing. I just had to go to the Pharmacy for something or risk collapsing. For the first time I decided to try Zyrtec.Wow. it was like magic. Within a minute or two the coughing stopped, the fluid loss stopped and I felt normal again. This stuff is sensationally effective! That night I slept like a baby with no nasal obstruction at all. I awoke refreshed and free from symptoms. It remained so all the next day. I then took another Zyrtec 24 hrs later and will do so until the pack is empty. A big big thankyou to the person who discovered it.”

frustratedgirl November 15, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I have had cholinergic urticaria for a few years now. I break out into hives when I start exerting myself physically or it's hot. After taking Zyrtec 1/2 an hour before my workout, I didn't experience that irritating itchy feeling all over nor did I get hives. My skin got red but no bumps. I don't care as long as I don't get the irritation which works to create an aversion to exercise. I took a 5 mg dosage. After my workout, I went to sleep at 7 p.m., woke up for an hour and then went to bed at 9 p.m. only to sleep the whole following day. I was unusually fatigued and sleepy. I'm going to try 2.5 mg today to see if that helps.”

Anonymous November 13, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The best OTC antihistamine. Relieves sneezing and that stuffy feeling in your nose. Doesn't seem to do much about the post-nasal drip or the coughing though. A bit of a stimulant for me, it makes me a bit energetic and hyper, even with just 5mg.”

Anonymous November 6, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “It seems to stop my other allrgies like dust/pollution allergy and skin sensitivity to soap chemicals but I experienced insomnia, weakness, less urinition, constipation and feeling tired.”

Anonymous September 27, 2008

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Love it. I go twice a week to my son's football practice at the "sneezy park" (as I call it). No symptoms at all. Some drowsiness. ”

Anonymous September 23, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “It works great for the symptoms of my allergies and hay fever. It does make me extremely sleepy though. But, I suppose that is better then having a pounding headache or a sneezing/coughing attack.”

Ju-Ju July 7, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been taking Zyrtec about 3 months now..and one side effect that i have not seen is i sound like i have laryngitis all the time. My throat is too dry and scratchy. Other than that it works great..no itchey eyes, sneezing and such!!!”

Ashley1982Indiana June 30, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I've suffered from allergies for 10-15 years. I was prescribed Claritin; all it did was make me tired. I was then prescribed Clarinex, which worked wonders, but after I lost my health insurance, I couldn't afford the prescription anymore. Once I learned Zyrtec had gone OTC, I decided to try it. I've been taking it for about three weeks, and, for the most part, it's working great. To combat the drowsiness, I take it before bed. Still have flares that require other medication, but happy overall.”

JadesAntz7905 June 24, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Love it.”

Anonymous June 17, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I like zyrtec but I seem to have a strange metallic taste in my mouth. I can't find this listed as a side effect?”

Anonymous June 11, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have had side effects with every single allergy drug I've tried- prescription and none - ranging from sleepy to practically comatose. Zyrtec is the only medicine that helps me and positively impacts my quality of life. ”

life as we know it April 30, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec has been a wonder drug. all of my life i have sufferd from allergies. its effected every aspect of my life from relationships to pets and school. ANy one with allergies knows when you wake up in the morning and as soon as you walk out the door you start feeling like you have the flu. Ive been using Zyrtec for 6 months now and i feel wonderful!!! i can play in the yard with my kids and stay outside as long as i'd like to”

sierra1997 April 26, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “so far itching is a lot less. Just 1 day on Zyrtec. We will see. I hope it helps me. I have hives all over my face.”

SeanSargent April 22, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I love this product. I've been taking the generic version lately and have had to take two with no symptom relief (still sneezing violently and itchy watery eyes). I recommend Zyrtec as the first option.”

Anonymous April 16, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have used Zyrtec for a couple years to reduce my allergy symptoms and avoid asthma flares. I have a dog that causes symptoms if I play too much, or if I touch my eyes. We got a cat about 1 year ago! Zyrtec met the challenge, the cat sometimes sleeps on my pillow. I am still careful about touching my eyes, but Zyrtec has done a great job. Now that Z is OTC, my doctor switched me to Clarinex, but after a few days I am experiencing symptoms again, swollen lips, eyes, etc.I'm going back to Z!”

Anonymous April 14, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “The doctor gave me Zyrtec for a skin problem that I've had for a coule of years. If I take Zyrtec I don't have any symptoms. It works great!!!”

Anonymous March 25, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My comment is concerning the design of the new bottles. Have you tried getting a tiny pill from a large square bottle? They won't pour out but lodge in the corner.”

Anonymous March 22, 2008

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have suffered with allergies all my life . For past three months I have been taking Zyrtec. I have not had one symptom. Zyrtec has kept me in the clear - it has been a god send for me.”