User Reviews for Cetirizine (Page 8)

Also known as: Zyrtec, Alleroff, Quzyttir, PediaCare Children's 24-Hour Allergy, All Day Allergy Children's, Equate Allergy Relief, All Day Allergy, Children's Allergy Relief, Zyrtec Hives, Aller-Tec Children's Aller-Tec

Urticaria 7.0
Allergic Rhinitis 5.8
Physical Urticaria 1.0
Summary of Cetirizine reviews 6.1 211 reviews

Reviews for Cetirizine

Christine Herbert August 27, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Apart from feeling drowsy all day long, I have not experienced any relief from my hay fever (have been taking Cetirizine for a week).”

Anonymous August 20, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I just took Zyrtec for the first time last night. I slept great, but now that I am awake, I feel so tired. I am not experiencing any of my allergy symptoms, but I am on Nasonex too. Nasonex and Zyrtec work great together, the Zyrtec is the antihistamine, and the Nasonex is just a generic allergy medication. I am very sluggish, but people have said that it wears off within a couple of days. I am a little drawn back though, people have been saying it causes problems with their moods, but I trust my doctor who prescribed it to me. Hope you all feel better soon.”

theuncles July 28, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Two of us have used Zyrtec for many years because it is stronger than the other so-called non-drowsy antihistamines such as Allegra and Claritin. We need relief mostly for sinus itching, throbbing, pressure, and discomfort; also useful for itchy allergic skin. This medicine will usually cause pronounced drowsiness for the first 3 days, so the best way to get used to it is: take 1/2 a pill daily for 3 days, then the whole pill daily. Also, it may increase urination. But as I say, it is very effective.”

Anonymous July 25, 2009

For Urticaria: “I've been taking the generic for 3 months. Glad to see other posters talking about the groggyness and sedated feeling the next day after taking it at night. Just a few breakouts that are gone by morning along with my energy. The one thing is I take it at night and can't sleep for about 2-4 hours after taking it. ”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Took one pill and it knocked me out. If I had to drive I would not have been able to.”

ESlade July 8, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I use a generic version of Zyrtec and it does help with common allergy symptoms such as sneezing, running nose, etc. However, it does cause a noticeable feeling of drowsiness in me. It makes it difficult to be at my sharpest while at work so I am going to try taking it at night to see if that helps.”

elatedmother July 8, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “My child cannot swallow pills so the chewable Zyrtec is wonderful. Quick tip: to avoid drowsiness the next morning take your dosage by early evening (don't wait until bedtime) by doing so you'll get a comfortable nights sleep while breathing easily too.”

dop May 23, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Caused drowsiness and mental sluggishness. ”

Anonymous May 20, 2009

For Urticaria: “Every night for the past 3-4 months I have been breaking out in hives due to severe allergic reactions to dust. Since day 1 of taking Cetirizine (which is the generic form of Zyrtec) I have finally found relief. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.”

EV0LUTION May 13, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This drug has done wonders for me. I haven't had an allergy attack in a year now because of it.”

Anonymous May 12, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “My eyes were the problem as they constantly itched due to hay fever. When I take cetirizine they stop - works a treat.”

Tats3 April 29, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “Overall the drug worked exceptional reducing the swelling of my eye, almost immediately but as with other users the main side effect was chronic tiredness.”

new to allergies April 22, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I tried Zyrtec about a year ago. It worked fine for a few days, then I started having frightening nightmares. ”

j.b1195 April 16, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Urticaria: “I used this and got itchy all over. I developed red blotches all over my body and it looked like hives. When I stop taking it I get all itchy. ”

jonryan April 11, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “The only thing it did for me was make me so tired that I could not function. I had to wait 24 hours before it wore off.”

parsons25 March 20, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine seems to help my 10 year old son with his allergies but he still needs benadryl as well sometimes - to keep the fluid down in his ears. I agree on the square bottle and weird bottle neck - it is very difficult to get just one pill out, and they tend to fly everywhere when they do come out. Hoping they change that bottle.”

little sprout March 11, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “As another poster reported, many people who try to quit taking Zyrtec end up with uncontrollable itching all over. I am one of those people. It stopped helping my allergies but every time I stop taking it I itch all over. I never itched before taking it, I only had sinus issues. ”

stickyfrog March 9, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This stuff works great. Clear head and reduced asthma reaction to allergens. The only problem is if I take it at night it is real hard to get out of bed in the morning and I am usually groggy for the first couple hours at work.”

Anonymous February 27, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Works great, does not cause drowsiness. Claritin also worked but occasionally makes me drowsy.”

tdkeand February 18, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have had allergic rhinitis for as long as I can remember. OTCs worked for a while but my symptoms always returned. My primary care provider prescribed Zyrtec and Flonase. Though prescribed to use each of these medications on a daily basis, I use them only when required and the combination halts my attacks within 20 minutes of taking them. I could not be happier with this regimen.”

Anonymous February 10, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec worked well to control my seasonal allergies as well as allergies to dust, cats, etc. It seemed to work faster than Claritin. However, when I stopped taking Zyrtec, I developed severe itchiness all over my body. It took a couple weeks to get through the worst of it, but I am still itching after a month. It seems that my skin has become hyper-sensitive to detergents, soaps, contact with clothing, etc. It seems that certain other people are experiencing this as well.”

Yube29 February 6, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “This medicine works but you start having different side effects. When I was taking Zyrtec I started having pain in my back and then stabbing pain in the spine, and also an irritating pain of the knees and non-stop twitching of the eyes. I just recently discontinued my prescription of Zyrtec due to the above side effects. Now I have no pain but have started itching all over my body. I prefer the itching than the pain. ”

Sneezy and Itchy No More January 14, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “I have been using Zyrtec for the last three years with great results. I am back to running outdoors without the urticaria, sneezing and itchy eyes. Also, I can visit friends who have pets without needing to leave after five minutes. ”

Anon. January 14, 2009

For Allergic Rhinitis: “This worked amazingly. I used to be hardly able to breathe because of pollen. It's worked wonders.”

Anonymous January 9, 2009

Zyrtec (cetirizine) for Allergic Rhinitis: “Zyrtec works well in combating cat dander allergies as well as allergic rhinitis. The best I've found.”